• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 11 League: Starbucks Edition

Sanjuro

They are using the current rosters. I honestly don't care what people do outside starting pitchers multiple days...actually injuries are on, so knock yourself out with that.

Mets - 0 - 3 - 0
Reds - 1 - 8 - 0
Final

Rough game. I made no adjustments after a few innings.. wtf? It would figure that an error by Jason Bay cost me the game. Ruined a great start by Johan, I'm gonna need to get into Practice. I don't care about the strikeouts, but the fact I didn't adjust... RAGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE!

LJ11

Good pitching Frank, went down looking time and again, you were painting corners.

Got lucky with that Bay drop.

Game 2
Mets - 2 - 6 - 0
Reds - 0 - 5 - 1
Final

OMG Jason Bay you field like ass in this game. Runs right to the spot and misplays a fly ball into a leadoff double to start the 7th. By some miracle I get out of it, then Bay leads off with a homer in the bottom of the inning... I never felt comfortable at any point in the game.

Man this series is a dogfight. Wasn't LJ11 one of the better pitchers last year with the Orioles?

turnbuckle

Hey Corran, I'll be available anytime after 8pm EST if you want to get some games in. Won't be able to play tomorrow at all so I'd like to get a game (or 2 or 3) in tonight if possible.

I played my first game in about a month yesterday online and I was simply awful even on all-star. Struck out 19 times lol

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
turnbuckle said:
Hey Corran, I'll be available anytime after 8pm EST if you want to get some games in. Won't be able to play tomorrow at all so I'd like to get a game (or 2 or 3) in tonight if possible.

I played my first game in about a month yesterday online and I was simply awful even on all-star. Struck out 19 times lol
My ps3 is on but Im watching tv atm so just PM me here when your ready

turnbuckle

GGs Corran, I gotta leave now . Wish the lag wasn't so bad that second game. Definitely the laggiest game I've played in 2011.

Corran Horn

The Frankman said:
Weird, LJ11 and I has almost flawless games. Who's sending the invite to who? And what connections/router do you have?
First game I sent invite, went fine with only some minor stuff
2nd game he sent invite, was bad for most of game.

Im on uverse.

turnbuckle

The Frankman said:
Weird, LJ11 and I has almost flawless games. Who's sending the invite to who? And what connections/router do you have?
1309333157.png

Maybe something with PSN, I dunno. Played a game yesterday that was flawless and our first game today was great. The second game was lagfree until the third inning or so then it just went straight to hell.

What's your schedule look like Corran? I'll let you know when I can get game 3 in.

LJ11

Good game Frank, caught a couple of breaks.

Seriously thought I ripped a couple of doubles into RF but Pagan cut them off. Also missed a few but so did you. Some loud outs.

Game 3
Mets - 1 - 4 - 2
Reds - 2 - 6 - 1
Final

Man that throwing error by Wright killed me, inning should've been over then Stubbs hit the go ahead single. However leadoff "double" (lol Gomes) in the 7th and I can't score? LJ11 I think never threw a slider inside corner for a strike the whole game AND I COULD NOT STOP SWINGING! Curse my unnaturally quick bat!

Mounted a two out rally in the 9th with a Bay single and wild pickoff throw in the stands (I was waiting for that all game, I felt you threw over a TON). Angel Pagan up, runner at 3rd and a 3-2 count. I know he might throw a slider in. What does he throw? Slider inside. What do I do? Yep... but an awesome game.

LJ11

The Frankman said:
Game 3
Mets - 1 - 4 - 2
Reds - 2 - 6 - 1
Final

Man that throwing error by Wright killed me, inning should've been over then Stubbs hit the go ahead single. However leadoff "double" (lol Gomes) in the 7th and I can't score? LJ11 I think never threw a slider inside corner for a strike the whole game AND I COULD NOT STOP SWINGING! Curse my unnaturally quick bat!

Mounted a two out rally in the 9th with a Bay single and wild pickoff throw in the stands (I was waiting for that all game, I felt you threw over a TON). Angel Pagan up, runner at 3rd and a 3-2 count. I know he might throw a slider in. What does he throw? Slider inside. What do I do? Yep... but an awesome game.

I almost nipped the corner a few times, but you're right some of them weren't even close. Wasn't trying to throw it for it a strike, but you kept fishing. You got with the curves repeatedly, hit a couple early and I couldn't lay off the rest of the game.

Definitely threw over a lot, had one pickoff, but you still had a few stolen bases. No idea why I threw over when I did, lucked out in the end.

turnbuckle said:
Aww damn man. Gopher mods got mine working and back to me pretty cheaply
Used them already and it died few months after. Thinking of sending it to them for their new
reball service.

turnbuckle

Corran Horn said:
Game 1 of Myself v TurnBuckle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI1NFMkLto0

I recorded game 2 as well...but the lagfest wouldnt be interesting to watch lol

Also I need to stop playing RTTS as a pitcher...I cant hit for shit anymore ;;

What do you use to capture the game? Great video! I'd love to watch other league games while I'm sitting at work :p

When do you wanna do game 3? Pick a time between 6EST and 11EST tonight or tomorrow and I'm there!

Corran Horn

turnbuckle said:
What do you use to capture the game? Great video! I'd love to watch other league games while I'm sitting at work :p

When do you wanna do game 3? Pick a time between 6EST and 11EST tonight or tomorrow and I'm there!
We can do it either early tonight or tomorrow. Around 5-6pm PST Ill be leaving, so before that if you want to do it tonight.

I record with a Hauppuage HD PVR

turnbuckle

Corran Horn said:
We can do it either early tonight or tomorrow. Around 5-6pm PST Ill be leaving, so before that if you want to do it tonight.

I record with a Hauppuage HD PVR

At work now, let me know if 3:30 EST works for you and I'll head out and play ya then.

Mite get a slim on Saturday so if possible don't take me out just yet! There's a 100 dollar coupon in Target after buying a Blu-Ray supposdely that only works for the PS3 and Target is already prodiving another Gift Card that takes away $60 from 160 gb slim models only.

turnbuckle

Dmncnby2k9 said:
Mite get a slim on Saturday so if possible don't take me out just yet! There's a 100 dollar coupon in Target after buying a Blu-Ray supposdely that only works for the PS3 and Target is already prodiving another Gift Card that takes away $60 from 160 gb slim models only.

Damn, that's cheaper than the used one I bought. I almost want to pick this up so I can play the show at the Gfd's place :p

Corran Horn

Dmncnby2k9 said:
Ya the 100 dollar coupon is for a giftcard I believe. My roomate got one. And the 60$ giftcard ps3 is hard is find atm since alot of places are sold out already.

turnbuckle

dammit, got a speeding ticket trying to get home by 6:30 EST :(
At least he gave it only 5 over when I was going about 55 in a 30

I think you're my next opponent Corran. I'll wait until you're done.

And where is ez and Sanjuro? I have their PSN's, send mail people.

Corran Horn

The Frankman said:
I think you're my next opponent Corran. I'll wait until you're done.

And where is ez and Sanjuro? I have their PSN's, send mail people.
Me and turn are done, when you wanna go?

turnbuckle

You're my next opponent Sanj, lemme know when you think you could get some games in. Late tomorrow night or Saturday night are open for me as far as I know; late tonight may be open as well. Just need to know a bit in advance so I can adjust my schedule to fit the games in. Gonna be seeing Verlander vs Beckett in Detroit Sunday (praying the rain doesn't get in the way again FFS) so that probably won't work out unless it's later as well.

So we lost one potentially 2 people? If you want cancel the league and give me THREE DAYS. I have at least 3-5 people on standby who wanted to join last league. I can contact them and we'd have 12 easy.

turnbuckle

Starting to feel like it just ain't gonna happen this year. I'll probably bow out if we scrap this one, but I understand the desire to get a bigger/better one going.

I'd like to be in again. I was in the first league, but but didn't get an invite the second time, because I didn't realize I had to abandon the first one in time.

turnbuckle said:
Starting to feel like it just ain't gonna happen this year. I'll probably bow out if we scrap this one, but I understand the desire to get a bigger/better one going.
It's hard because you have to assume 1-2 people leave due to shit happening/life (unless you have a Madden following and even THEY had people bail). When that happens in a 8 player league that's brutal...

I'm telling you people... one day, 32-team GAF League. IT WILL HAPPEN.

turnbuckle

The Frankman said:
It's hard because you have to assume 1-2 people leave due to shit happening/life (unless you have a Madden following and even THEY had people bail). When that happens in a 8 player league that's brutal...

I'm telling you people... one day, 32-team GAF League. IT WILL HAPPEN.

I would fucking love that

My issue with the league is that I'd like the schedule to be more flexible, allowing for people to play as far ahead as possible. Some days and some weeks I won't be able to play much, but then there are times where I could knock out several within a day or two. Being stuck only playing the most proximate series creates a lot of scheduling bottlenecks. Maybe it works better in madden because I'd assume you only play 1-2 games with an opponent during the course of a season, where like in real life baseball is played more frequently with everyone multiple times.

SephriJ

Sorry guys, yeah life has me a little more on the busy side than I thought it would, if you guys finish this one up, or do a massive one, and then another, I may be able to join then, just timing was just not right. Good luck though.

turnbuckle

Corran Horn said:
Videos of the 3 game series with me getting raped hard. :(

Game 1
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI1NFMkLto0
Giants (Corran) 0 - 4 - 1
Tigers (Turnbuckle) 3 - 6 - 2

Game 2 - Laggy Game
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SayhBuBJ6to
Giants(Corran) 0 - 3 - 1
Tigers(Turnbuckle) 3 - 6 - 0

Game 3
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtFAUKuSl7M
Giants(Corran) 1 - 6 - 1
Tigers(Turnbuckle) 5 - 11 - 0
Screw it, if there is another reboot I'm in. I want to see more of these videos, and I'm sure you'll knock me around next time.

for now duane and pistolpete want back in. Corran, I'm ok to play now if this league continues.

It might be too ambitious to try now, but I'm telling you somehow, next year I WILL MAKE A 32-TEAM GAF LEAGUE A REALITY. Those who have seen my recruiting efforts in MLB/NBA gaf know I'm not kidding. I brought Cardinals fans to MLB-GAF. CARDINALS FANS!!

Corran Horn

turnbuckle said:
Screw it, if there is another reboot I'm in. I want to see more of these videos, and I'm sure you'll knock me around next time.
^^'''

Dont think Ill do it for every game in every series but I will probably be doing it for the good games at least.

Game 4
Mets - 3 - 8 - 1
Giants - 1 - 5 - 0
Final

Not a bad game, but I could not locate for crap the first 5 innings. Tejada had a key AB and Beltran had 3 steals. Of course another error by a LF (Pagan WTF?) and throwing to the wrong base almost kill me, left a cutter over the plate and Sandoval nearly hit one over Pridie's head. Would've tied it for sure.

You want to play again?

Top Bottom