• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 11: The Show League - 3rd Time's A Charm, Right? RIIIIIIGGHHHT?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Barry_Zito.jpg

Barry_Zito.jpg

Barry_Zito.jpg

Barry_Zito.jpg

Barry_Zito.jpg

Barry_Zito.jpg

Barry_Zito.jpg

Barry_Zito.jpg

eznark

Banned
Anyone else getting a fucking bizarre bug that forces players to attempt to bunt? Just played. Or ran and prince tried buntin instead of swinging in every single at bat. Also happened to five other players at least three times in the game? Anyone read anything like that before?

Corran Horn

eznark said:
Anyone else getting a fucking bizarre bug that forces players to attempt to bunt? Just played. Or ran and prince tried buntin instead of swinging in every single at bat. Also happened to five other players at least three times in the game? Anyone read anything like that before?
Was wondering why you were bunting with prince...Ive never had that happen to me though.

Just threw my first ever perfect game and it was with Barry Zitoooooolol.
Good series Eznark

eznark

Banned
Hahahah, I didn't even know that was a no hitter much less a perfecto. I was just trying to figure out how to make my Idiots swing at all and when that didn't work I was just trying to make it end fast.

Maybe Zito is just so magical that my players were afraid to swing. Nice series!

Corran Horn

Corran v Eznark:

Game 1
Giants 0 - 1 - 1
Brewers 1 - 4 - 1

Game 2 - 12 innings
Giants 3 - 6 - 0
Brewers 2 - 5 - 0

Game 3
Giants 6 - 6 - 0
Brewers 0 - 0 - 0

Hahahah, I didn't even know that was a no hitter much less a perfecto. I was just trying to figure out how to make my Idiots swing at all and when that didn't work I was just trying to make it end fast.

Maybe Zito is just so magical that my players were afraid to swing. Nice series!
As much as zito sucks in real life, he is always magical in these games. They make his pitches too strong. Previous seasons his curveball was like impossible to hit and tell where it would land.
Got so nervous there near the end. Never threw a perfect game/no hitter on mlb the show or 2k ever and I usually RTTS as a pitcher.

pistolpete2940 said:
Frankman, I can play some games tonight if you're around, sorry about last night, wasn't around the ps3.
I'm available anytime from now to 7:30, and after that 10. We may have to play 2.

BTW guys welcome back vet Dmncnby2k9, who is taking over the Marlins for marleyman. Sent him the invite.

Game 10, Series 4
Mets - 1 - 5 - 0
Yankees - 0 - 4 - 0
Final/7

I just got your message. If you had to go we could just continue the game from the 8th... you call. It was the Top of the 8th inning.

The Frankman said:
Game 10, Series 4
Mets - 1 - 5 - 0
Yankees - 0 - 4 - 0
Final/7

I just got your message. If you had to go we could just continue the game from the 8th... you call. It was the Top of the 8th inning.
Yeah I got called in to work last minute, its all good just take the W. I should nd home around 1am if youre up for game 2

eznark said:
Congratulations!!!!

Marleyman said:
Congrats man!

Square Triangle said:
Dude, congrats!! Just send me a Friend request or PM me on here whenever you're down.

Thanks, you guys! He's a week old now (yesterday) and I can't believe how hectic life has been. All the cliches are true about being up all night, etc... but it's wonderful too, I feel like a different person now. Eznark, I'm going to have to make a picture like you did, but in Royals gear. I think it'll be less susceptible to vandalism, because nobody cares about the Royals.

◼▲, I think things have stabilized around here enough that I'm ready to play whenever. I see you accepted my friend request, so I'll keep an eye out for you tonight or tomorrow.

Good game Duane. That first inning of us vs. the lag was insane.

I was surprised I was so successful in base stealing, I decided to play more aggressive and toned down my swinging. Glad I stuck out Betemit a couple times, that asshole hasn't done anything for my Tigers yet! >=|

The Frankman said:
pistolpete you're killing me. you haven't responded to any of my PMs/PSN messages/anything.

Sorry my dude, been too busy with work, haven't been off all week. I'm thinking I might have to back out of the league for now. My schedule isn't gonna allow me to play my games on time. Sorry guys

LJ11 said:
Put a bullet in it, this league is dead.
*sigh* once the first two leagues went kaput it's hard to get a league going this late in the year w/o having one completed. Should I look to get a replacement for pistolpete? Or you guys want to quit?

eznark

Banned
The Frankman said:
*sigh* once the first two leagues went kaput it's hard to get a league going this late in the year w/o having one completed. Should I look to get a replacement for pistolpete? Or you guys want to quit?

Best of three tournament with the 6 or so people left?

Regardless of how the league works, we're playing a best of seven frank. Gauntlet thrown!!

I'm down on finding a replacement or the tourney idea eznark proposed. I just wanna play sum The Show online against real competition.

LJ11

The Frankman said:

Yeah, it was just bad timing this year with the PSN outage.

If you can get a replacement quickly fine, but if it takes too long there's no point. I haven't played a series in a while, and I'll get 9 wins because I never played against the vacant teams, not fair to those that have.

Okay I should have an answer by Friday... I'm worried though since most of the backups I had earlier aren't responding. It was so important to get the 1st league working because you KNOW those people would come back to the 2nd to add with any newbies. That's why I keep stressing getting games in quick, get that rotation done fast and attract new talent.

Corran Horn

DoctorWho said:
I'm tempted by this. How many nights a week would I have to put in a commitment?
For the league? Its a 3 game series and I think Frank said to get it done within 5 days or will be simmed.

DoctorWho said:
I'm tempted by this. How many nights a week would I have to put in a commitment?
* 60 Games over 18 Weeks
* 3 Game Series done in 5 Day Increments
* Top 4 make Playoffs
* Pitching - Hall Of Fame
* Hitting - All-Star
* All Zones Off
* Balks On
* Injuries On
* Fast Play On
* Ejections On
* Each player has an extra series against two people. So you'll play the nine times instead of 6, had to randomize it a few times.
* You must use at least four of your starters in a regular rotation, and no pitchers on 3 days rest unless its' the final two weeks/series of the season. If you forget what starter you used just check the boxscore from the previous game. In the playoffs 3 starters is fine.

A game takes around 30 minutes.

Top Bottom