• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 11: The Show League - 3rd Time's A Charm, Right? RIIIIIIGGHHHT?

LJ11

eznark said:
Why the fuck did I get a loss for yesterday?

No clue, good game though.

If you want to make it fair, Frank can assign you a W for this last game, have no problem with that.

eznark

Banned
LJ11 said:

If you want to make it fair, Frank can assign you a W for this last game, have no problem with that.

I'd just as soon play as many as we can, that was a fun game. That first inning I felt like I was seeing absolutely everything, then.....nada. Marcum had freaking nothing from the jump. that was a struggle.

LJ11

Game had a hint of lag, think it effected both of our pitching at times.

I can play in 10 minutes if you're free, can also wrap it up tomorrow, you're call.

eznark

Banned
LJ11 said:
Game had a hint of lag, think it effected both of our pitching at times.

I can play in 10 minutes if you're free, can also wrap it up tomorrow, you're call.

Nah, I am playing around with Google plus and watching late games the rest of the night. Also trying to figure out Frozen Synapse...

Marleyman

Banned
pistolpete2940 said:
good game marley, gave me a nice scare there at the end lol

For sure...I just couldn't get anything going early against Burnett. Ground ball after ground ball wasn't cutting it. I play my season and RTTS with the new analog controls, so this has been a bit of an adjustment, especially fielding-wise. Good game though; I am down to play another tomorrow night whenever.

LJ11 said:

Yeah I reset it so you can replay it.
24FrameDaVinci said:
How smooth is the multiplayer in 11? I tried playing a few games in '10 and was largely unplayable.
Much better, though it varies per your connection.

LJ11

My next opponent is the Tigers, owner vacated, so that would put the Marlins/marley on deck.

Just PM me when you reach the Reds series.

eznark

Banned
LJ11 said:
My next opponent is the Tigers, owner vacated, so that would put the Marlins/marley on deck.

Just PM me when you reach the Reds series.

Frank reset our game, totally forgot. So we can get in that rubber game!

Damn some of you people are moving slow enough to drive Miss Daisy. I've given 10 days, people.

Once Tuesday rolls around, I'm Auto-Resolving any games. No exceptions. I can't keep being lenient considering I'm not even getting PMs from people who need more time. Series 4 starts Tuesday at 8 PM EST. Get all games in before then, and after that I'll enforce the 5 days thing. Seeing as I'm stuck in Philly I didn't want to push it for Series 3 but damn...

LJ11

eznark said:
LJ, can you get our last game in before the HRD?

Wait, Frank can actually reset the game if so I'll definitely be available to play today before the Home Run Derby, name a time and I'm there.

I was under the impression that he couldn't change the result.

Marleyman

Banned
pistolpete2940 said:
I'm thinking I'll be home around 12 30. Sorry about last night, got called into work right as I was popping in the disc :/

It's all good. I won't be able to get on until around 8pm est, but check for me around 7:30ish.

Edit: Do you mean 12:30pm or am?

LJ11 said:
Wait, Frank can actually reset the game if so I'll definitely be available to play today before the Home Run Derby, name a time and I'm there.

I was under the impression that he couldn't change the result.
sandy-alderson.jpg

"I have many, many powers..."

Marleyman

Banned
pistolpete2940 said:
Marley, if you're around and wanna play a game, I will be home by 12:40. If not, it's all good

I tried to stay up; I was even gonna head to the midnight launch of NCAA but I just couldn't do it. I got a basketball game tonight for the league I play in, so I won't be around until late night.

Yeah, it wouldnt let me log back into PSN. My connection is sitting two inches away from my PS3. Ill send you a PM after work today when I can connect, probably after 5PM est.

Sorry guys, gotta coinflip your games. I was supposed to do it last night but I crashed after doing landscaping yesterday and today. It was 13 days anyway.

4th Series are as follows:

pistolpete2940 (Yankees) vs. The Frankman (Mets)
Square Triangle (Cubs) vs. Duane Cunningham (Royals)
eznark (Brewers) vs. Corran Horn (Giants)
KanZolo (Phillies) vs. Marleyman (Marlins)

LJ11 (Reds) gets the Bye in Week 4.

OP (rules and crap)

7/19 is the 5 day point. I expect post/PMs from both people in a series if you need more time. Play your games as soon as you can here...

eznark

Banned
Corran, the Brewers are on the worst coast this entire week which means I'll be up all night. We can play basically whatever works for you. Just lemme know

Marleyman

Banned
KanZolo, let me know what times are good for you. I am on the east coast, btw. I work till 6pm each night, but don't get settled down until around 8pm est at the earliest.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
eznark said:
Corran, the Brewers are on the worst coast this entire week which means I'll be up all night. We can play basically whatever works for you. Just lemme know
most nights work for me. we can probably get a game or two in today if you want. I get off at 2pm PST.

Pete my schedule until Saturday night (when I get back to NY) is sketchy but here is what I guess is good for me:

12-4 - Available
4-11 - Hit-or-miss
after 11 - Fine

Aaaaactually... It's like this. My wife gave birth to our first son yesterday afternoon, and we're staying at the hospital until Saturday or Sunday. Once we get back, though, my schedule will probably be pretty opened up since I'll be on vacation for the next couple of weeks. But I'm out for the next couple of days.

eznark

Banned
Duane Cunningham said:
Aaaaactually... It's like this. My wife gave birth to our first son yesterday afternoon, and we're staying at the hospital until Saturday or Sunday. Once we get back, though, my schedule will probably be pretty opened up since I'll be on vacation for the next couple of weeks. But I'm out for the next couple of days.

Congratulations!!!!

Marleyman

Banned
Duane Cunningham said:

Congrats man!

Duane Cunningham said:
Dude, congrats!! Just send me a Friend request or PM me on here whenever you're down.

Man my schedule is all messed up. Was supposed to be in NY by this afternoon but at the last second my parents decided to drop down to visit, pushing back my departure until Monday. To make matters worse that's more people in the house...

Pistolpete, contact me any time after 4 PM, I will TRY to get on... ideally sometime past 11 PM would work.

Marleyman

Banned
I hate to do this, but with my work schedule morphing, running a 10 man dynasty in college football, and my upcoming wedding I will need to bow out. Thanks for letting me get in this year, Frankman. Good luck to all and I will definitely be down to get this going next season.

Pistolpete can we get in 2 games tonight? I will be back home around 9 PM and can play at 11 PM.

EDIT: I just read the above... FUCK.

*sigh*
okay marleyman good luck to you. Hope to see you around next year.

Top Bottom