• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 12: The Show Online League Thread or How Will PSN Die in 2012?

Sanjuro

SPyha.png

If you are participating, fill in the document.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NMIyEDccgjezRIpQQ4sq3sCsbttXSpsjFDYUZi6cDZg/edit?pli=1

AL East
Baltimore Orioles
Boston Red Sox - Sanjuro
New York Yankees - pistolpete
Tampa Bay Rays - darkside
Toronto Blue Jays - Doytch
AL Central
Chicago White Sox
Cleveland Indians - Ram
Detroit Tigers - turnbuckle/square
Kansas City Royals - Duane
Minnesota Twins
AL West
Los Angeles Angels - Dmncnby2k9
Oakland Athletics - FMT
Seattle Mariners
Texas Rangers

NL East
Atlanta Braves - AnEternalEnigma
Miami Marlins - ph33nix
New York Mets - Frankman
Philadelphia Phillies - denogg
Washington Nationals
NL Central
Chicago Cubs - Mrbob
Cincinnati Reds
Houston Astros
Milwaukee Brewers - eznark
Pittsburgh Pirates
St. Louis Cardinals
NL West
Arizona Diamondbacks - acheron_xl
Colorado Rockies - Fenix
Los Angeles Dodgers
San Diego Padres - ecnal
San Francisco Giants - Corran

Sokantish

I might be interested in this, haven't really bought a MLB game since SNES. I'm gonna be gone for a week though so I'd miss the launch date. Not really a fan of current MLB but like 10 years ago I liked the Cardinals so I'd take them if no one else does.

Sanjuro

The launch day league isn't mandatory. It's for those who want to get some games in asap as well as test out some of the new features, glitches, options for the real thing.

So test league people. You may experience random simulations, Johnny Damon signings, control of a Florida based team, temporary banishment, David Wright for prospects, or World Series Championships.

*Test league does not prevent sexually transmitted infections or FedEx errand boys.

i'll take the oakland A's

and when i asked about the leagues in the other thread, i meant do they have individual stat tracking now? they didn't in the last league i played in (that was.... 2009 or 2010)

Mrbob

Who is still on the Cubs roster? Going to be the worst team in a long time I'll get to use in this game!

ecnal

i'll take the oakland A's

and when i asked about the leagues in the other thread, i meant do they have individual stat tracking now? they didn't in the last league i played in (that was.... 2009 or 2010)

there is stat tracking per team & per player.

Who is still on the Cubs roster? Going to be the worst team in a long time I'll get to use in this game!

From MLBDepthCharts:

PROJECTED STARTING ROTATION
1. Matt Garza
2. Ryan Dempster
3. Paul Maholm
4. Randy Wells
5. Chris Volstad

PROJECTED STARTING LINEUP
1. RF - David DeJesus
2. SS - Starlin Castro
3. CF - Marlon Byrd
4. 1B - Bryan LaHair
5. LF - Alfonso Soriano
6. C - Geovany Soto
7. 3B - Ian Stewart
8. 2B - Darwin Barney

PROJECTED BULLPEN
CL - Carlos Marmol
SU - Kerry Wood
SU - Jeff Samardzija
MID - Scott Maine
MID - Marcus Mateo
MID - James Russell
LR - Lendy Castillo

PROJECTED BENCH
C - Wellington Castillo
IF/OF - Jeff Baker
IF/OF - Adrian Cardenas
OF - Tony Campana
OF - Reed Johnson

graywolf323

love the Orioles and would totally do this if I wasn't going out of state for a job and not bringing my PS3 with me :(

no go on the Vita version I assume?

I would like the Reds please. Been playing this exclusively online the last 4 years and I live 4 miles away from GABP. I'm a huge Reds fan.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I have been a Braves fan since I knew what a baseball was, but I understand other vets are interested. The other team I cheer for is the Red Sox. If not those, Phillies?!?

Fenix

Fuck it, I'ma play this year. Since Doytch is gonna take the Jays, gimme the horrible defense of Les Tigres.

Pretty sure the Tigers and Phillies are taken.

Yeah, I seem to remember running through half a dozen teams when this was being bandied about in the MLB thread. Don't remember which ones were taken though.

No Tigers? How about the Rangers? Or the DBacks? If they're still a no-go, the Pirates, I guess? I remember the Royals were theoretically spoken for.

Sanjuro

I've been adding the teams as people enter the thread.

Tigers are already taken, I believe there are two people who are either going to play for it or rotate.

Fenix

Well, if the Royals are also spoken for, I'll grab the Rockies. Nobody can have chosen them, right? (Other than that dude who claimed them as a backup)

DenogginizerOS

Since the Braves and Red Sox are spoken for already, I called the Phillies. Is there someone else in the running for them? It looks like they haven't been assigned.

Since the Braves and Red Sox are spoken for already, I called the Phillies. Is there someone else in the running for them? It looks like they haven't been assigned.

I've called a bunch of teams, and I have yet to see my name on the big board. I think many are being secretly reserved.

Damn. I don't think I have the money available to purchase a PS3 and the Show :\

Then I'll take the Nats. Unless there's someone Sanjuro has in mind for them.

Sanjuro

If those teams end up available then they are available. I'm not sure who is returning from prior seasons. The thread isn't even twenty-four hours old.

Primarily I'm trying to avoid people begging for teams who don't show up or even purchase the game.

Denog, you might end up with the Phillies.

turnbuckle

Whoa, nobody was claiming these Tigers in the 2010 league! I'm predicting a small bandwagon this year :p. I'm not going to be available for the test league but if the Tigers are still open when the real deal starts up I'd like to use them. If someone got to them first I guess I can take solace in the fact that mah team is finally really relevant again. For now, at least!

DenogginizerOS

Since this a test league, does it really matter what past allegiances are? I assume this league will be short lived and the real league will start a few days, weeks later.

Sanjuro

Since this a test league, does it really matter what past allegiances are? I assume this league will be short lived and the real league will start a few days, weeks later.

No, the test league is going up next week. From there we are going to transition into the primary league. The teams posted in the OP are going to be the teams assigned for those players.

DenogginizerOS

No, the test league is going up next week. From there we are going to transition into the primary league. The teams posted in the OP are going to be the teams assigned for those players.

So, you don't know what teams are spoken for, but you have assigned teams already, and the remaining teams are open to those who may return from the past but have not reported in. If at the end of this selection period, there still is a team left, us new guys might get a team. Got it.

Top Bottom