• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 12: The Show Online League Thread or How Will PSN Die in 2012?

So, you don't know what teams are spoken for, but you have assigned teams already, and the remaining teams are open to those who may return from the past but have not reported in. If at the end of this selection period, there still is a team left, us new guys might get a team. Got it.

It's times like these I enjoy not being a commish

Sanjuro

So, you don't know what teams are spoken for, but you have assigned teams already, and the remaining teams are open to those who may return from the past but have not reported in. If at the end of this selection period, there still is a team left, us new guys might get a team. Got it.

What teams do you want Princess?

I put you down for the Phillies. Maybe you'll end up with them?

eznark

Banned

We have what, 5 days to figure it out? Sheesh, let people find the thread.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
What teams do you want Princess?

I put you down for the Phillies. Maybe you'll end up with them?

I've been adding the teams as people enter the thread.
Tigers are already taken, I believe there are two people who are either going to play for it or rotate.

Princess? Why aren't you sweet. I was just clarifying what you were saying. I was confused because it sounded like this league was just a test league and I wasn't sure what all the fuss was about with the teams. Some got the team they wanted right away and it seemed like a first come first serve basis. But when you said you were waiting for folks and I wasn't getting the team I requested, I just wanted to confirm what this league was. And now I know. Sheesh.

It's times like these I enjoy not being a commish
Really? All I was doing was trying to get clarification. What was wrong with what I said? If I wait for Harvey the Rabbit to show up and claim the Phillies, then what is left now may be gone by the time he arrives.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I hope zito's curveball is still broken as shit. Funny how he is the best pitcher for the giants in online league! :p

Shiv47

Well, if the other dude who asked for the Cardinals doesn't get them, I'd like them, assuming no returning player. Do I need to post a pic of my 1982 World Series LP to prove my bonafides or anything? Getting both versions of the game, should be awesome.

Sanjuro

Well, if the other dude who asked for the Cardinals doesn't get them, I'd like them, assuming no returning player. Do I need to post a pic of my 1982 World Series LP to prove my bonafides or anything? Getting both versions of the game, should be awesome.

Post a PDF of your birth certificate.

eznark

Banned

You aren't invited. Especially after that reference.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
The bundle deal for the PS3 and Vita versions is now live on Amazon as well as Best Buy, GameStop, and Target.

turnbuckle

Nice, picked up the bundle off Amazon.

So I really don't like the way the community forum is a dumping ground for OTs in both gaming and the off topic threads. It doesn't take much for this thread to get bumped to the second page nowadays and in general it makes finding what you're looking for a pain in the ass. Just an off topic rant

eznark

Banned
I'm actually going to be in Arizona for spring training from Wednesday to Tuesday. How long are you planning on running this test league, Sanj? If you're going to try and do a full season then just sim those games. If you are just going to do a couple of series to test settings and servers and what not, then I'll cede the Brewers for the test season.

Sanjuro

I'm actually going to be in Arizona for spring training from Wednesday to Tuesday. How long are you planning on running this test league, Sanj? If you're going to try and do a full season then just sim those games. If you are just going to do a couple of series to test settings and servers and what not, then I'll cede the Brewers for the test season.

It's going to be whatever. We could have multiple small leagues going or could complete one in theory. Primarily it's just a way for people on launch day to get some games in with other members. If you want to get a feel for the league and say we only have one, I could easily kick someone who isn't playing at the moment and get you in to play a series or something.

eznark

Banned
It's going to be whatever. We could have multiple small leagues going or could complete one in theory. Primarily it's just a way for people on launch day to get some games in with other members. If you want to get a feel for the league and say we only have one, I could easily kick someone who isn't playing at the moment and get you in to play a series or something.

Nah, I'll just be in the league and miss a few games at the jump. That way someone won't play the Brewers in the test league and get pissed at getting bumped next time around. I'll definitely be able to play some games Tuesday and Wednesday.

Since the Tigers are clearly spoken for (and I would bring much shame to them anyway), I'll scoop up the Mariners. King Felix and I have 1 out of every 5 games to win!

eznark

Banned
Reports starting to trickle out about uber-shitty online play. Kat Bailey put up her review and is none too kind to the online.

Fuck.

Sanjuro

Reports starting to trickle out about uber-shitty online play. Kat Bailey put up her review and is none too kind to the online.

Fuck.

Not surprising. I can't think of one solid improvement they have made moving forward these last three years in the online department.

Someone needs to make a league when Knight's rosters come out where the teams are formed by a completely randomized draft. That shit is always entertaining.

Mariano Rivera in a Red Sox uniform and Chipper Jones in a Mets uniform never gets old.

Sanjuro

Someone needs to make a league when Knight's rosters come out where the teams are formed by a completely randomized draft. That shit is always entertaining.

Mariano Rivera in a Red Sox uniform and Chipper Jones in a Mets uniform never gets old.

I made a trade for Jeter in one of the seasons.

Mrbob

ESPN says MLB The Show is better than ever!

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/21368/review-mlb-12-the-show-better-than-ever

I read Kat Bailey's review on gamesradar, and a her gripes are legitimate. It would be nice for San Diego to beef up franchise mode a bit more, and as always online play has been an ongoing issue. However from her review she said she played a test game online, which would imply only one game being played. While there were lag issues, these are things that many times get cleaned up a week or so after launch.

eznark

Banned
Berthuime also picked the Astros to win the NL Central last year. May as well have let some pony freak review the game, they'd know as much about baseball.

Mrbob

Hope he picks the Cubs this year. Going to finish ahead of Team Roids.

Shockingly, I'm impressed with the ESPN write up. I expected PR rabble but it goes fairly in depth into the game mechanics. Like Berthuime actually plays these games and just isn't a PR voice.

ecnal

i have a friend that wants to play, but he doesn't have a gaf account yet.

he's always available on steam; would you guys be opposed to letting him join?

he's interested in the reds if it's cool for him to join.

I'm pleasantly surprised at the amount of interest for the league this year, even though it's probably not realistic to expect us all to stick around. Suddenly, frankman doesn't sound like a nutjob for dreaming about a 30 team league lol

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I'm pleasantly surprised at the amount of interest for the league this year, even though it's probably not realistic to expect us all to stick around. Suddenly, frankman doesn't sound like a nutjob for dreaming about a 30 team league lol

A week in like 5 people will suddenly not be able to play anymore :/

Considering today will be my first time playing a The Show game, how do these leagues actually work from a schedule standpoint? Is there like a designated day people use to play or what? I am tempted to try to join up but just want to make sure everything works for me before wasting people's time.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Considering today will be my first time playing a The Show game, how do these leagues actually work from a schedule standpoint? Is there like a designated day people use to play or what? I am tempted to try to join up but just want to make sure everything works for me before wasting people's time.

Play against me, I've never played this game either.

Also this Bautista cover is so hot gurl. Now what crappy team should I select?

I'm up for playing against whoever wants to, losing really doesn't bother me like alot of other people i know. I'll have to come up with some random team to use though since the only one i really care about is the red sox having lived on cape cod my whole life.

Top Bottom