• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 2K7 League thread

Zep

Banned
Angelus said:
Sent you a friend request as well. SunnyDaleSlayr is my handle.

you have to sign up from the game.

1)Tournament

2)Join Tournament

Name: GAF Tourney
Pass: daddyz

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ugh I'm going to have to mess with sliders when I play the cpu.

On pro Im scoring over 11 runs a game,blasting 5 hrs or more with the hitstick and can pitch well enough to win.

I just had a game where Lance hit 3 hrs again,Lee hit 2 and Luke Scott hit 2.

On All-star I can hit as well too,but the picthing bs is still driving me nuts.

_Angelus_

Banned
Allright I just joined the GAF tournament,first time I've ever been in a tourney so its all new to me. Anyways I went into the lobby,played a first timer like myself. Jesus I was being no hit into the 9th inning,Reyes broke it up with a clean single. Damn I'm gonna have to get the timing with the swings down for online play. Because there's abit of a delay when batting and fielding but its better than I expected,all the other baseball games I've played had way worse lag.)

Oh and definitely mute the tv comentary. Because John Miller will comment on where your catcher is setting up for your next pitch-both players hear this.

bluemax

Banned
I'll sign up as soon as I get home from work/class. Should be fun.

I played my first online match up against someone on my friends list last night, boy is my timing off. Although I did better playing my roommate in an offline game.

Andelus said:
Oh and definitely mute the tv comentary. Because John Miller will comment on where your catcher is setting up for your next pitch-both players hear this.

Yeah, ugh this annoyed me. Especially since I'd try to change the pitch and location and then he'd give away my new pitch location. So annoying.

I dont mind the dumb announcers. I use the audio cues as an opportunity to throw to the opposite angle as the announcer in describing.

I can't wait to start playing GAFers, I'm tired of whooping on random dudes. I love when peolpe continuiously throw garbage balls as my hitters eye gets really big!! When they come correct, chances are I'll have the pitch scouted and ready to destroy!!

_Angelus_

Banned
Big Zep said:
People who are new, can you update your contact information on the league page?

After I signed in with my Windows MSN passport I was able to update my profile,so yeah its working.

_Angelus_

Banned
Big Zep-something to add to the guidlines-both players need to shut off tv commentary when playing. Like someone else said,its annoying as hell to set up pitch after pitch with John Miller blabbering away where the pitch is going to be thrown.:lol

Angelus said:
Big Zep-something to add to the guidlines-both players need to shut off tv commentary when playing. Like someone else said,its annoying as hell to set up pitch after pitch with John Miller blabbering away where the pitch is going to be thrown.:lol

It's not that big of a deal, man. Having to mute the commentary would be stupid and how could you enforce that rule? Just pitch it somewhere else, it's not a big deal and I think it makes the game more interesting personally.

Zep

Banned
yea...konex tried going to the spot where miller said my catcher was...I just switched up locations. Or you could keep your catcher there and go opposite side, theres no consequence.

Angelus said:
Big Zep-something to add to the guidlines-both players need to shut off tv commentary when playing. Like someone else said,its annoying as hell to set up pitch after pitch with John Miller blabbering away where the pitch is going to be thrown.

Uhh..no

Seriously though, you are not bound by the comments of the broadcasters. I highly doubt people that play this game seriously are listening for the commentary to learn about the opponent's strategy. Just because something annoys you a little doesn't mean it does for everyone else. I like hearing the commentary mentioning I've reached 13 strikeouts or that I've sat down 11 batters straight. It is damn satisfying!!

Cloudy

Banned
Big Zep said:
yea...konex tried going to the spot where miller said my catcher was...I just switched up locations. Or you could keep your catcher there and go opposite side, theres no consequence.

I didn't know you were on to that :lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Got my nephew here all day today,if anyone wants to try to play around mindnight let me know in here as I still need to try it online.

I sometimes feel like im a father :lol Cant play games with the little squirt around.

_Angelus_

Banned
Geez you guys don't gotta rip my ass for suggesting it.:lol

Anyway its cool,I prefer the commentary on/off,depends how many games I've played and if I wanna hear tham yap away even moreso. And really you can't ever know if your opponent has indeed shut off his commentary anyways so I guess there is no real point to it.

AkaBalla

Would the pitch location given by Jon Miller be because the pitcher is throwing alot of balls? It's kind of a programming thing they added to keep a SIM "fair play" thingy to tip off the batter?

Ill try to throw a strikes only game and see if the announcer will tip of the audience.. If it doesnt it's just tipping off the batter that the pitcher is throwing alot of balls..

AkaBalla

storybook77 said:
I just got home not too long ago and I'm going to lay down for a minute but as soon as I get up, I'll join the league.

WTF? You gonna read a story too?

Knowing your the last guy to join your going to take a nap, with your flannel on and then join once you wake up.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

J/K man im sure you have obligations. Just wanted to be funny........ Cant wait for the tourny to start

AkaBalla said:
WTF? You gonna read a story too?

Knowing your the last guy to join your going to take a nap, with your flannel on and then join once you wake up.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

J/K man im sure you have obligations. Just wanted to be funny........ Cant wait for the tourny to start

I'm in now. I didn't really have many obligations but I had outpatient surgery last Thursday and the area was kinda sore today so I took a Darvocet when I got home and layed down. :\

Then when I got up, I had to watch tv with the misses.

Zep

Banned
Shawnwhann said:
After putting up 19 runs with 8 home runs, I think I am in love with the swing stick!! :lol

dont get to comfortable!

even though Howard went deep twice :)

DCX

DCX
Shawnwhann said:
After putting up 19 runs with 8 home runs, I think I am in love with the swing stick!! :lol
I got you first round! Will it ever end! lol I have a playoff game tonight against Chris, maybe after that we can play our game if you are around.

DCX

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
oh WTF

this game is giving me DDEs when I'm about to unlock the triple double and the scoring achievement offline!!!!!!!
I just bought this 2 days ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zep

Banned
jobber said:
oh WTF

this game is giving me DDEs when I'm about to unlock the triple double and the scoring achievement offline!!!!!!!
I just bought this 2 days ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2k hates you for trolling its games

Andowsky when do you want to play our game for the tourney? I'll be able to play later tonight (playing DCX at 12 in Madden, so I'll be able to play at 1 EST), I'm not sure if I'll be around tomorrow so tonight is best for me.

Big Zep said:
2k hates you for trolling its games

When do you want to beat me down? I'll be up for a little while tonight but if you don't respond within the next 15 minutes or so, I'll probably be playing Supreme Commander.

I'll be around tomorrow as well.

Zep

Banned
storybook77 said:
When do you want to beat me down? I'll be up for a little while tonight but if you don't respond within the next 15 minutes or so, I'll probably be playing Supreme Commander.

I'll be around tomorrow as well.

not tonight...im gonna take it down an watch the basketball game.

Matrix

BlueMax,I can play tomorrow night anytime.

_Angelus_

Banned
I played a grueling 14 inning game and lost to the Braves thanks to the game presenting some weird angle when judging a grounder,****. The game is very love/hate at times:/

To make things worse-I went on and played another person over Live tonight. We had a back and forth affair,it was tied at 2-2,El Duque had 13 strike outs through 7 innings.
:lol Mixing my off speed pitches had him looking pretty bad.

As my pitchers tires I go through my menus wanting to warm up a pitcher,then the guy I'm playing against decides to quit the game. Thats when my game froze,I'm assuming it did this because the asshole powered off his console. I left my machine on for around 5 minutes with it trying to load back at the menu screen,then I finally decided to power down. I go back online and see that I got nailed with the loss even though he quit,plus I now have a black mark on my record as it says I quit the game. Its times like this that make me wanna just stick to single player gaming. Beware of the guy who goes under the name GaylordFokker.

Some of these jokers need to be not only banned off XBox Live for life,but banned from any online gaming arena, period.

If anyone wants to play tomorrow then give me an email. I'll be home all day tomorrow so anytime is fine.

The gambler is going to show you all the true meaning of pain.

And if he has to use a little pine tar to do it...so be it.

Andokuky, you better not be running away from our game. Let me know what's going on. Like I said, I probably won't be able to play tomorrow (so not until Sunday night).

edit: it looks like you're playing DM in Madden again, so I'm guessing your game dropped (like my game with DCX).

Top Bottom