• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K6 League thread...

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
yea Matrix good shit man... your boys were hitting it all even Juwan howard hit a half court shot in the middle of the second!! and Yap soared on me twice.... not to mention our great 15 percent shooting from the foul line... I love this game

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
Should we have some sort of rule about using the "take charge" button? I use it a lot if I see a guy coming straight at me, but Truelize was pointing out that there's a bug with charge calls where certain animations cause charges when the guy is dribbling to the side of you.

Cloudy

Banned
I think that's probabaly happening because he is over-using isomotion. The charge button works that way so players don't abuse the iso-moves and my suggestion to Tru was to pick his spots for using that.

I personally don't even think of taking charges on the perimeter (I wil now :lol) but IMO that's only going to be a recurring problem for someone who's iso-ing all over the court. Thing is, the charge is the only defense for that since 2ksports stubbornly refuses to bring the defensive stance back for some reason.

To cut a long story short, there will be no no rules against taking charges. Hell, that shows you're playing manual defense everywhere which Tru himself enjoys :p

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Cloudy said:
I think that's probabaly happening because he is over-using isomotion. The charge button works that way so players don't abuse the iso-moves and my suggestion to Tru was to pick his spots for using that.

I personally don't even think of taking charges on the perimeter (I wil now :lol) but IMO that's only going to be a recurring problem for someone who's iso-ing all over the court. Thing is, the charge is the only defense for that since 2ksports stubbornly refuses to bring the defensive stance back for some reason.

To cut a long story short, there will be no no rules against taking charges. Hell, that shows you're playing manual defense everywhere which Tru himself enjoys :p

If your ball handler has good ball handling skills and the guy guarding him trys to take a charge, the ball handler will just bump into him and lose the ball.

If you're like me, you'll do the behind the back dribble and miss the guy completely. Easy 2 points.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
It doesn't always work like that Jobber. You are right though it should. But I was conrtolling Hughes and he's no slouch in this game. And I did a behind the back dribble.

But I love how you guys try to give exact answers on how to fix a situation in this game. It is not a perfect game guys. The ball will at times go through the hand of the person that is trying to block a shot. A pass will at times go through a defenders body. Two players will someones just pass right through each other on layups/dunks. I've seen all this stuff happen offfline.

The charge button will sometimes work when it really shouldn't. No big deal. It's just unexpected to have someone attempt to take a charge 10 feet outside the three point line and especially surprising to see him acutally get it against a dribbled that skilled that is doing a move that is taking him away from the defender.

That did not cost me the game. My bench cost me the game. I went on a big run at the end to get an 18 point lead down to 7 in the last minute and a half. So I'm not too worried about that.

I guess I just have to get used to playing against you guys more. But you all need to stop acting like you have the one and only answer/solution to a situation.

Jobber: anyway I can get a gift trade for a big man to help with my rebounding? All I have is Gooden Marshall and Z.

Cloudy

Banned
You're right, there's no one answer but...

It's just unexpected to have someone attempt to take a charge 10 feet outside the three point line

Tell that to disgusting floppers like Manu:

SPURS_SONICS_C_KMH_1.8334.jpg

:D

Fifty

Truelize said:
Jobber: anyway I can get a gift trade for a big man to help with my rebounding? All I have is Gooden Marshall and Z.

:lol :lol :lol :lol Oh, you were serious?

Loren Woods, Aaron Williams, Aruuuho are laughing at this statement.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Yeah I'm serious. I have Jahadi White on my dynasty team and he is way better in the post at D than Marshall and Gooden are. Once Z is out my defensive rebounding drops significantly.

I'll take Woods of ya Fifty.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Yeah mine too. I wonder what's up with that. Maybe that position is just a rebounding tank. Lebron gets twice as much as anyone else.

Z is starting to get his blocking skills going though. I had 6 against Dsal. Weakside shot blocking champ = me.

Cloudy

Banned
Well, Lamar averages 10 boards in real life. I was just commenting on the sad state of the Lakers bigs (in the game and in reality :x)

jobber

Oh the isomation moves work. I play the CPU on legend and messed with sliders. The CPU defends me the entire court then stand in the charge position when I get near the 3 point line but at the end of the day you're right, it's not perfect!

Truelize said:

Oh remember when I tried to give you Rasho and Brown for Marshall and you declined!
*reads stats of Spurs/Cavs game*

Yea, Marshall helped you out a lot there

Fifty

Anyone have a star they're willing to trade? I regret picking the Raptors and I'm looking to spice my team up. I'll trade Bosh and Rose in a package to get a player that's rated high and is a great scoring option.

fifty: jason richardson? baron davis? mike dunleavy? i have it all!

p.s. ramirez when do you want to rumble? ill be home (possibly) late tonight and for sure tomorrow after 5 pm pst

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Becky_sinks_2_free_throws.jpg

chuck_shooting_free-_throws.jpg

Free_Throws.jpg

These people hit just as many freethrows as Matrix and I hit all game. :lol Not Centered...? Sucks since I'm pretty good with FTs offline and in my passed few games. :(

Almost forgot:

david_wesley.jpg

David Wesley putting up a 9-0 run by himself in the beginning of the 4th wtf.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fts on HOF are a fucking joke >_< 1/25 for me and 2/19 for ck,it doesnt matter what I do,I press straight down on the right thumb stick and it still says not centered...just garbage.

Wesley was my god that game,he doesnt go on a 9-0 run after being ice cold all game....I lose.

jobber

you got to know when to let got of the stick f00

online, the timing is is kinda off due to lag.

koney, as advice from one league commissioner to another, you should open all the games up to be played. i can tell you the league is going to crumble like a ton of bricks come november 20th-ish. it's not like we do players of the week or awards or anything. also the confession i have to make is that i played DM and matrix out of sequence. i will never get my games completed on this pace as my xbox and most games will be gone in the next month. do the thing thing conex

jobber

yea I agree. I haven't played a game since last week. My week 8 person is MIA from this game and I don't mean where the Heat play at.

Cloudy

Banned
I guess that makes sense. VC wouldn't dare let the xbox version be playable on 360 and while I'll still have my xbox, I dunno what everyone else is doing.

Everyone is free to play their games in any order now. Don't "force" anyone to play though :lol The weeks will be advancing with the current interval but you can just play ahead :p

jobber

great. If anyone wants a piece of me tomorrow, step up. I'm free most of the day!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Jobber wins on the strenght of a 21-4 4th quarter run. I don't know how to overturn momentum. :( My players go ice cold and opposing team gets red hot. :( Just look at the 2nd and 4th quarters :lol

Cloudy

Banned
I can get games in today, people. Hit me up on AIM :p

PS: That's gotta sting, FMT. I go 2/21 from the line (omg wtf) and still eek out the win :lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Who wants to play a league game? I dont even know who I need to play,but lets go!

Matrix

Sorry Jobber,I was too busy losing to Dm.

Kruza

I'll be online with my Xbox tonight, and would be willing to play league games tonight if anyone catches me online with NBA 2K6. The only exception that I may not play league games right away is if I'm playing Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory online instead.

Kruza

jobber

oh that's east to take care of. Just foul them hard a couple of times and they turn into Nick Anderson.

Kruza

I'll definitely be online tonight, though I don't know when. Might be sometime around 10pm ET or so.

Kruza

Dsal

Kruza said:
I'll definitely be online tonight, though I don't know when. Might be sometime around 10pm ET or so.

Kruza

Cool we should try to get our game in too.

jobber

I'm in the lobby for another 20 minutes if someone wants to lose. If not then I'll be back on for a few after Raw.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Truelize with back to back wins. Two game win streak.

Lebron over Kobe at the buzzer for the win (after Kobe misses both free throws to take a two point lead with 2.9 seconds left in the game). :D

jobber

1 too many turnovers for my taste. I also notice when Duncan goes crazy I lose.
In other news Sean Marks is hurt :(

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
My gosh. Lebron got hurt in the first quarter of my game against Konex and the computer still played him for me, and he hit the game winner over Kobe.
And now Lebron is hurt for 3 games. Dang it!!

Dsal

Kruza, I'll be available at 6pst/9est tonight.

jobber

Truelize said:
My gosh. Lebron got hurt in the first quarter of my game against Konex and the computer still played him for me, and he hit the game winner over Kobe.
And now Lebron is hurt for 3 games. Dang it!!

Injuries don't carry over to your next game..

It was like that last year too...

Dsal

Injuries carry over for me. Dirk got semi-hurt, and it was still there the next game. However when I played Konex "in the future" in an out-of-order game, his injury had already expired and didn't show up then.

jobber

Manu was hurt in my first game and next game he was fine. I tried to put Sean Marks on reserve last night and the CPU wouldn't let me. :( Also Glenn Rob got hurt in my week 6 game and was fine my next game. Odd...

Top Bottom