• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K6 League thread...

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
god damn it

stop joining if you're going to be all pissed off about it

DMczaf

Since most of the people not liking the game are popping up early in the season, we should just start over with a group that we KNOW will play their games and not quit.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
My schedule is not being friendly with the season, I have tried to get some games in, and I have no idea what week we are in or who i need to play.... I am thankful for the flex time kone head has given me, but my business trips are tough from oct to November so after that I will be more on point, but until then i will be a little out there... but i will try... one

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Cloudy said:
Hmm, I've played just about everyone here and I'm sure no one else would say I play cheesy. I was dominating you and my scrubs (who are all jumpshooters) were put in the game in the 3rd. Stop being a sore loser and put a hand in someone's face next time :p

What are you fucking retarded? You advance the week NOW and force me to play when last I thought we had a few days to get our games in. Because of my perimeter playstyle I am forced to go on long cold streak because the game doesn't want to let me hit shots. You "dominate me" (which means you went inside almost every time while I continued to play my own game and let the game own me) when I don't even feel like playing and have better things to do. Congrats.

You want to know why you have to chase people down to play games? It's cause you are a horrible commissioner. We don't know when the fuck the league is going to advance, and we don't really care since you'll wait for us anyway. I didn't care about not playing you on Thursday because it was still technically week 5. Now you force me to paly the same day that you fucking turn the round and use garbage tactics and you think I won't be upset? Maybe you should think before typing. Or before creating a league.

Cloudy

Banned
Fuck you, ok. Don't try to insult me cos you fucking suck ass and can't even hang with me using a significantly better team.

How did I "force" you to play? I advanced the previous week not this one, you moron. As clearly stated in your post, I said I'm not gonna chase guys to play and I was even about to sign off before you replied. Doesn't it make sense to you that it might be a good idea to get a league game in when we've had trouble scheduling instead of playing a non-league game with DM?

And don't fucking accuse of playing cheap. I've played everyone here and they will tell you win or lose, I play legit (if anyone feels otherwise, please post and let me know) I had 45 fucking dimes on your shitty ass. Does that look like just driving to the hole everytime? I run a play like everytime down the court and I don't just use one guy. Maybe if you had a clue about basketball, you'd stop doubling my stars when I'm spreading the rock around.

I admit you do have a point though, I've been lax with the sched trying to please everyone and I'll take full blame for that.

PS: Fuck you, you fucking sore loser....

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
DMczaf said:
Since most of the people not liking the game are popping up early in the season, we should just start over with a group that we KNOW will play their games and not quit.

I love the game offline. I just can't stand playing all you people that don't play defense.

I love the game offline. I just can't stand playing all you people that don't play defense.

why bother playing man up on defense if all you're going to do is drive the line for an easy bucket? ( which is what happens)

the only alternative is to play 1-3-1 dirty ass zone play which is no fun either.

but ive had a good time playing in the league. konex if you want to restart with just the people who want in be my guest. i'm not criticizing anyone, just sayin!

Cloudy

Banned
If anyone wants to quit, they can fucking quit. It's not by force to play in the league and folks don't have to act like it's a chore when their weekly opponent asks to play.

I'm not gonna restart anything cos I'm not just gonna piss away 6 weeks of stats for folks who have been playing. If folks quit, we can forfeit their games or try to replace them with other GAers who have the game....

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
FrenchMovieTheme said:
why bother playing man up on defense if all you're going to do is drive the line for an easy bucket? ( which is what happens)

the only alternative is to play 1-3-1 dirty ass zone play which is no fun either.

but ive had a good time playing in the league. konex if you want to restart with just the people who want in be my guest. i'm not criticizing anyone, just sayin!

I've been playing a ton of games offline and have gotten a lot better at switching and boxing out.
I just played my game against Jobber and played man defense the entire game and switched to the defender guarding the ball on almost every pass (unless I was coming for a weakside block with a post player) and until he started playing a zone D and just letting his computer defend the post it was the most fun I have ever had in a game with someone from GAF and the game was incredibly close.
But that's how it goes I guess.

I can see people playing a dirty zone if they need to stop a PG or something. But you can easily play man D and then icon switch to your post player and cut off the layup quite consistantly if you practice it.

And Konex you do need to relax a bit man. If people need a couple of extra days to get a game in due to work trips or the MLB playoffs it's not gonna wreck the league. We are still all playing towards getting a playoff berth and to win this league. But if you start flipping coins and getting upset everytime something comes up, you are gonna make people want to quit.
I'll play my games just cause I committed to the league. I'm staying in the league in hopes of a roster update when the NBA season starts. Cause as of now my lineup is extremely weak.

Cloudy

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
:lol

koney chill the F out dude! you need a co-commissioner, like i have in the madden league!

I'm not just gonna sit by while folks talk stupid shit and accuse me of crap :p

PS: DM has full admin rights and he can do anything if I'm not around.

Cloudy

Banned
If people need a couple of extra days to get a game in due to work trips or the MLB playoffs it's not gonna wreck the league.

But that is exactly what others (like CK above) are complaining about. That I'm a shitty admin cos I'm not enforcing the sched. Others say the opposite and that I'm stressing them to play.

I can't please you all and I'm not gonna chase anyone to play games so we're just gonna stick with the sched now.

I can't please you all and I'm not gonna chase anyone to play games so we're just gonna stick with the sched now.

part of being a successful commish is chasing people to play their games :D

it also helps if people actually like the game o_O which apparently they dont (but i do)!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Cloudy said:
Fuck you, ok. Don't try to insult me cos you fucking suck ass and can't even hang with me using a significantly better team.

How did I "force" you to play? I advanced the previous week not this one, you moron. As clearly stated in your post, I said I'm not gonna chase guys to play and I was even about to sign off before you replied. Doesn't it make sense to you that it might be a good idea to get a league game in when we've had trouble scheduling instead of playing a non-league game with DM?

And don't fucking accuse of playing cheap. I've played everyone here and they will tell you win or lose, I play legit (if anyone feels otherwise, please post and let me know) I had 45 fucking dimes on your shitty ass. Does that look like just driving to the hole everytime? I run a play like everytime down the court and I don't just use one guy. Maybe if you had a clue about basketball, you'd stop doubling my stars when I'm spreading the rock around.

I admit you do have a point though, I've been lax with the sched trying to please everyone and I'll take full blame for that.

PS: Fuck you, you fucking sore loser....

hop_thumb.gif

Well firstly, how would we have even played the game if you had advanced past week 6? Why would you even think I would think that. The fact I was trying to get across, which you completely missed, is that it's clear you are lax about the schedule, it's clear you had just advanced the week (TO week 6, in case you misunderstand again), why push me into a game knowing we have a few more days left to play, and knowing I had shit to do? Congrats on beating on a player that didn't want to play, and wanted the game to be over as soon as possible. Doesn't it make sense to you that I was already near the end of the second quarter against DM, I would have finished and left? Instead I had to ditch that game, spend an extra 20 minutes to get our game in and then lose because I absolutely had no desire to play at that time?

I've played 3 league games, lost 2 and complained about both of them. Maybe because there's obvious parts of the game that are broken but since everyone abuses it it's okay...? My "shitty" ass came back from a 23 - 6 deficit in the first quarter. My "shitty" ass had you running scared near the end of the fourth when I rattled off 12 straight points within a minute. You know full well how the game went, my players went ice cold in the second half and because I prefer to take the open J than to unrealistically spend as much time as I need to to get into the paint, I am victim to the game's tendencies. Funny how I lose in other games and don't complain. I remember congratulating Ror when he broke my Madden win-streak.

By the way, the first game we played, I beat the shit out of you by a similar score. This "shitty" player beat you by about the same score I beat you tonight.

Accusing me of not knowing shit about basketball is stupid on your part considering I played on my high school team and only stopped because of an injury.

If the definition of being a sore loser is being tossed a loss because I was forced to play in a game I didn't want to play and I lost as a result, then I guess I am a sore loser. As it stands now, it seems like you're more concerned with tossing insults around looking to catch a ban to 'martyr' yourself. Good luck with that, scumbag.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
:lol :lol :lol i read the NBA league thread even when im not in it because i just know arguments will break out. Its like its not a League without the occasional romp. This shits better than comedy central.

GAF, we know drama...

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
ColdBlooded33 said:
:lol :lol :lol i read the NBA league thread even when im not in it because i just know arguments will break out. Its like its not a League without the occasional romp. This shits better than comedy central.

GAF, we know drama...

The fighting is much worse in the NBA threads than the Madden threads. We haven't made it through a whole season yet in an NBA game.

I really hope we can make it through this one though.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I can play people tonight... I am heading to Queens ON BUSINESS and will be back later after the games, if u want to play me, let me know..

Cloudy

Banned
Well firstly, how would we have even played the game if you had advanced past week 6? Why would you even think I would think that.

Saying I "forced" you to play implies that I was in a rush to advance week 6 which is not the case. How can I force you to play anyways? Maybe you need to read over your own shit...

why push me into a game knowing we have a few more days left to play, and knowing I had shit to do?

Again, you could have refused to play like you did the past few days. I didn't push you into anything. I suggested you we play a league game since you were playing a non-league Madden game when we were both actually online at the same time.

Congrats on beating on a player that didn't want to play, and wanted the game to be over as soon as possible. [/b]

Thanks but you really blow and I'd beat you any day of the week. I'll prove that to you the next time we play...

Doesn't it make sense to you that I was already near the end of the second quarter against DM, I would have finished and left? Instead I had to ditch that game, spend an extra 20 minutes to get our game in and then lose because I absolutely had no desire to play at that time?

If you didn't want to play, you could have said so. I asked Mally right before you and he said he didn't have time. I left him alone and was gonna do the same with you. Simple as that. Should I not play seriously because you allegedly didn't?

I've played 3 league games, lost 2 and complained about both of them. Maybe because there's obvious parts of the game that are broken but since everyone abuses it it's okay...? My "shitty" ass came back from a 23 - 6 deficit in the first quarter. My "shitty" ass had you running scared near the end of the fourth when I rattled off 12 straight points within a minute. You know full well how the game went, my players went ice cold in the second half and because I prefer to take the open J than to unrealistically spend as much time as I need to to get into the paint, I am victim to the game's tendencies. Funny how I lose in other games and don't complain. I remember congratulating Ror when he broke my Madden win-streak.

Yeah, I was soooo scared :lol Newsflash: My starters were removed from the game early in the third. Go look up the minutes played :lol And don't you find it strange that you're the only one calling my playstyle cheap? I average the most assists in the league and I don't abuse my star players. Try again, please...

By the way, the first game we played, I beat the shit out of you by a similar score. This "shitty" player beat you by about the same score I beat you tonight.

I can't remember what was up that day but you saw how I was fidgeting with you on AIM before we played. It was an aberration, buddy. I'm sorry but you're not in my area code as far as this game goes. Maybe with a little practice....and the Spurs or Pistons. The Nets are a better team than mine but maybe you need more :)

Accusing me of not knowing shit about basketball is stupid on your part considering I played on my high school team and only stopped because of an injury.

Sorry but you played me like you had no clue. Sue me :p

If the definition of being a sore loser is being tossed a loss because I was forced to play in a game I didn't want to play and I lost as a result, then I guess I am a sore loser. As it stands now, it seems like you're more concerned with tossing insults around looking to catch a ban to 'martyr' yourself. Good luck with that, scumbag.

You ARE a fucking sore loser cos there probably wouldn't be a peep out of you if you had won the game. And you still haven't explained to me how I forced you to play. Hey CK, paypal me 5 grand right now. Don't make me force you!!!! :lol

Martyr myself for a ban? Some of you douchebags take this board waaaaaaay too seriously. The fact that you're even thinking of banning me for defending myself (with insults since you took it there first) is a damn joke. But wait, you've done it before so I'm not surpised..

Dude, I am pretty civil on these boards but you fucking started it and I'll gladly finish it....

jobber

remember. X Box Live will be down starting tonight til sometime Tuesday!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Cloudy: I will be gone until Wednesday night. I've already played my week 7 game with Jobber so I'm good for that one. But I haven't seen Dsal around at all so you might have to flip for that one. Sorry we tried.

I vote that if this league falls apart we start another one regardless of what size it is. I'm still up for a little cheesy online basketball.

Cloudy

Banned
The deadline for this week is Thursday cos of the XBL stuff and you've played next week. I think you'll be fine :lol

ramirez at least play 1 more game before you quit! it's against me, i swear i play straight up. none of that box 1-3-1 bullshit and i dont do cheap drives in the lane if you cover me. come on buddy, i dont want a free win :(

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
My game will be legit too Ram. I don't abuse Lebron if the team I play plays honest defense and someone else on my team actually plays good enough to ever score.

Kruza

Whoa... seems like some drama has gone down over here. What the hell I miss out on?

Hey DMczaf, I can play tonight between 8-10pm ET and after midnight ET. Let me know what works for you.

Kruza

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Konex what happened with week 5? Did you flip a coin :lol

Do I go onto week 6? If so Malley,when you want to ball?

jobber

Dear Overcast,

I want to play week 17 NOW

Revenge for my fluke loss. I will serve it cold like a puppy's nose.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Matrix said:
Konex what happened with week 5? Did you flip a coin :lol

Do I go onto week 6? If so Malley,when you want to ball?

I am in NY on business will be getting back on thursday night.. will u be ok to play then?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Malleymal said:
I am in NY on business will be getting back on thursday night.. will u be ok to play then?

Yea I can play thursday anytime after 9 pm eastern time.

Cloudy

Banned
Fifty almost beat me yesterday then he started relying on the 3-ball too much. I feel lucky to have won :lol

PS: It pains me to see a once-dominant player like DM struggling like this :(

Matrix

Malley or Ck I'm free to play now if one if you want to ball.

DMczaf

jobber said:
He sucked last year too!

Didn't I beat you even though I only played a handful of games (offline AND online) of NBA2K5 while you dedicated yourself 24 Hours/7 Days a week to that shitty game? That's pretty damn sad...

But hey, you did beat the CPU a lot in NBA2K5! You will always have that!

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Matrix said:
Malley or Ck I'm free to play now if one if you want to ball.

Just got in from my trip , we can get our game in, I im'ed u let me know I have a Madden game with CP too...

fuck konex if the game is advanced.. whoever I have after tht I will play too.. one

jobber

psss DM you beat me by 2 points and had lazy eye at point but that's over now.....

now on to current issues...

Will the 76ers play me in week 8 or should I just skip over to week 9 and Dsal.......

Matrix

GG Malley,Alston caught fire.

Top Bottom