• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K6 League thread...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Keyword is still "might".

We will have to run full background checks and interview all three,we will study them like lab rats and then make our choice.We will play them without telling them the rules of our league and see what their natural playstyles are like,Bog type players wont make the cut and thats the beauty of not giving them rules,we see their true nature.

Cloudy

Banned
The only reason it's more than 12 is cos guys here changed their minds and a bigger league with more GA folks is better than a 12 team one with less IMO.

If everyone didn't say they DEFINITELY weren't gonna play, I wouldn't have asked around at OS but I'm NOT gonna bounce 3 enthusiastic sim players unless they prove they are unreliable. I don't think that is too much to ask. If any of these guys are not legit/deadbeat, they will be booted. Simple as that...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
See we should have a mini tourney or just set up a pre-season just to see if these guys play full sim,play in a timely manner and respond to our aim messages or pm's like normal people.

I dont want to start a season and then have to restart cause of 3 people we have no idea about.

Matrix

I still think it would be better if Konex got them to join GA,atleast we could reach them a little easier and not just count on aim.

Cloudy

Banned
Yeah, like I said in the first post, everyone needs to play at least 3 pre-season games before I give them the password :)

Matrix

I have the sexy password cause I made it up,unless Konex went and changed it on me.

EDIT- I have the game now,bro just walked in with it :lol I love having a younger bro.

Cloudy

Banned
What was the password again? :lol

PS: Post impressions on the gaming forum. Should get mine in an hour or so :eek:

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:
I still think it would be better if Konex got them to join GA,atleast we could reach them a little easier and not just count on aim.

It can take 6 months to get activated for GAF though.

Matrix

Truelize said:
It can take 6 months to get activated for GAF though.

I'm sure CK could help with that :(

Konex I'll pm you the pass again,I'll post some impressions when I actually play,im about to eat dinner :p

Fifty

This league is scaring me already. Konex is organizing it, yet matrix is the only person with the password.....wtf is going on!?

Matrix

Yea I dont have a pass :lol

Btw I just turned it on to see some things,the video intro is hot,tmac is in it dm pumping his fists from beating the spurs,but of course the vid ends with Jamal Crawford making a lucky GW shot against the Rockets :( Why couldnt it have ended with a Shaq dunk or some shit.

Then I started a game with the Rockets,they are ranked 79 wtffffff and my bro said he played at a friends house and they were ranked 80 overall,whats going on :( Then I start the game and the jumbo screen has an old vid of marbury breaking Yao and Yao falls on his ass,this is being shown on my home floor :(

Now im off to eat dinner,then ill really play.

Cloudy

Banned
League will be up tomorrow (Fukkin Gamerush >_<). Start playing your preseason games and recommend any settings you wanna use :p

PS: I will give everyone the password individually over AIM after they have got 3 games in w/o complaints of cheese or anything like that :)

PS2: Tru, I'm happy to report that folks can't double everyone anymore in the settings :lol

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I'm getting it Friday. I don't need that much practice. I was still playing 2K5 til a couple of weeks ago.

Matrix

Cloudy said:
The game plays pretty different though :p

Anyways, who's gonna trade me a PG?

Sura is insane in this game :D and James rocks...so ill trade you
2002-02-21-inside-norris.jpg
!

Matrix

I could give you head :O

1004315.jpg

Matrix

Cloudy said:
He's not a PG but hmm...

PS: That sounds bad :lol

YOU KNOW U WANT HIM! Getting head will bring you many joys.

Fifty

Last year my team was pretty darn good, asset wise. I could trade Vince for almost anyone (I'll miss you peja!) and donyell had good value....Now Vince is replaced by the Williams sisters, and donyell left for nothing. Pathetic! Someone needs to take mercy on me this year and become my 2K sugar daddy.

Kruza

I need AIM nicks from most of you here. Mine is "Kruza75".

I'll be online tonight if anyone wants to play a preseason game.

Kruza

Cloudy

Banned
Note: Beluba = ex ID dev and current 2K dev who posts at OS...

I recieved some help last night from Beluba, so I think its only right that I pass this on...

· Drive move = Hold Aggressive and hold Left stick at a slight angle off-line toward the basket
· Crossover dribble = Hold Aggressive and quickly throw the Left stick in the opposite direction of your dribble hand
· Behind the back or Spin (ability specific) = Hold Aggressive and quickly spin the Left stick in a circular motion.
· Half Spin = Hold Aggressive and quickly spin the Left stick in a half-circle, then immediately spin it back the opposite direction
· Stutter = Quickly Tap and Release the Aggressive button
· Stutter Drive = Quickly Tap & Release the Aggressive button, then chain into the Drive move
· Stutter Cross = Quickly Tap & Release the Aggressive button, then chain into the Crossover dribble
· Hesitation Cross = Hold Aggressive and throw (at moderate speed) the Left stick in the opposite direction of your dribble hand
· In & Out = Initiate the hesitation crossover, then throw the Left stick back toward the ball hand for the In & Out
· Step Back = Hold Aggressive and pull the Left stick away from the basket
· Hop Step = Quickly Tap & Release the Shift modifier while dribbling (left thumbstick must be neutral or pointing toward the basket.)
· Hop Step Spin = Quickly Tap & Release the Shift modifier while holding down the Aggressive button
· Hop Step Back = Quickly Tap & Release the Shift modifier while dribbling (left thumbstick must be pointed away from the basket.)

Once I realized the spin and the behind the back were the same move, I can pull just about any move. Now I gotta work on chaining them...

Sanjuro

Are there any openings in the league? If so I would like to be the Celtics, just let me know I'm really good about playing league games on time, just would like to know ASAP so I know if to pick up the game or not.

Last year I had one of the best expierences in a ESPN 2k5 league, if I don't find another one I'm just not going to bother with game.

Cloudy

Banned
You can be on the waiting list if anyone changes their mind. Plus you'd get priority over everyone on the list since you post here.

I would suggest renting/getting the game and playing folks so you could slip right in if anyone bails before Wednesday. That's just cos it'd be hard to turn away someone who actually owns it and is playing for someone who doesn't have it yet...

Sanjuro

Cloudy said:
You can be on the waiting list if anyone changes their mind. You would get priority over everyone on the list since you post here.

I would suggest renting/getting the game and playing folks so you could slip right in if anyone bails before Wednesday. That's just cos it'd be hard to turn away someone who actually owns it and is playing for someone who doesn't have it yet...

If it starts wednesday that'll be even better. I can wait until Friday to see if we get it in at work, and until then I can buy the Capcom Collection and have time to play that >_<. I'll take spot on waiting list for now.

Matrix

Cloudy said:
The league is up folks. As soon as you're done with your preseason games, you can PM/AIM me for the pass. I won't be on AIM till night so PMs will work best...

PS: The settings aren't final and you can take a look at it on the 2K site.

http://online.2ksports.com/league/?p=xbox&l=994

1. Cloudy has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.

:lol

Kruza my aim is "adoubledg"

Matrix

I'm so screwed in this league,I cant make a damn ft on superstar :lol Shit I couldnt even do it against DM lastnight and I think that was on pro...I went 0-8 :(

I just practiced fts on superstar with Mike James and went 10 for 100 :lol :lol :lol

konex, i think it should be mandatory 7 minute quarters AT LEAST! here is my reasoning:

1. if you want realistic scores, this is the only way

2. 7 min quarters isn't very long for an nba game because time ticks down in real time.
the clock is always ticking. it took me about 25 mins to finish my game with dm on 5 min quarters. you are looking @ appox. 30-35 mins to complete a game on 7 min quarters. people can deal with this. in madden, 5 min quarters takes me approxmiately 45 minutes to complete the entire game.

3. without longer quarters, substitutions are meaningles. foul troubles are meaningless. any type of strategy is meaningless because, even with the new fatigue system my backups only had to play very little.

seriously, put it on 7 or even 8 minutes per quarter. the games wont lost longer than 40 mins. per game even on 8 min. quarters, plus we'll have a realistic league.

Cloudy

Banned
Yeah I'd love 7 minute qtrs too but I put it up for a vote cos some folks might not want that (why? :eek:)

I want it so people actually use their bench :p

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
From the impressions I'm seeing it's a whole new setup on driving to the hole. Still doesn't matter. I play in various styles and I won't save a VIP profiles so you guys won't get a leg up on me.
I do have a question about the website tho...

It says I need a 2K sports game to register but I have MLB2K5. I had all the games last season yet, it won't let me register.

You do not have a 2K Sports Online account with this Gamertag.
You need to log in on the console with a 2K Sports title before you can access the web features.

konex if we play 5 or 6 min quarters the league isn't going to be a sim league, it's going to be a WNBA league. i know you want to put it to a vote but there are some things you should just make an executive decision on, i feel like this is one of them. but, your league your rules buddy! if the people want crappy 6 min quarters with 72-65 ballgames and your bench getting 5 shots per game be my guest

Matrix

What konex said.

SOMEONE HELP ME WITH FTS @JBLBSFRVBLUBWFSUVBU :(

Also Konex I want my vote changed from 6 mins to 7 on the league poll,make it happen :p 1 extra min doesnt bother me.

konex, i signed up as the magic, but if anyone tries to take the heat i will void that pick! i dont want to use the heat, but i dont want anyone else to use them either cause they're dirty :D

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
konex, i signed up as the magic, but if anyone tries to take the heat i will void that pick! i dont want to use the heat, but i dont want anyone else to use them either cause they're dirty :D

Playing with Francis,good luck with turnovers friend :p

and konex, no offense but please have some balls in regards to the advancements of weeks. the last thing i want is for some jackass to not have played his games and we all have to wait extra days. be strict about it. thanks chum!

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
you miss franchise buddy!

i may change to goldenstate if no one takes them, that is what the practice games will be for.

:lol I miss his stupidity more than anything and the occasional highlight dunk,but I'm happy with my two headed monster pg BoobyMikeJamesSura and God-mac.

Yea Konex be strict this year,make it more like our league daddy madden.

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
and konex, no offense but please have some balls in regards to the advancements of weeks. the last thing i want is for some jackass to not have played his games and we all have to wait extra days. be strict about it. thanks chum!

:lol Didnt we have to wait like 3-4 days sometimes just for 1 last game to be played? Grow some balls, Konex!

Fifty

I try to sign in so I can make my vote toward 7 minute qtrs and I get this lovely surprise

"The 2K Sports Service is temporarily unavailable.blah blah blah blah"

What camera are you guys using? I like the north/south "2k" camera best I think

Cloudy

Banned
You can sign in on the site, Fifty

Ok, 7 min qtrs it is and advancement of weeks will be SWIFT and UNFORGIVING!!! :D

edit: I used the Drive cam when I played today. I like it :)

Matrix

Cloudy said:
You can sign in on the site, Fifty

Ok, 7 min qtrs it is and advancement of weeks will be SWIFT and UNFORGIVING!!! :D

You grew some balls but still need a HEAD!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I can't log into the 2K site from Xbox Live right now. That is the frist step right?

If anyone wants a quick game I'm around hit me on AIM.

Top Bottom