• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K6 League thread...

konex either change the number of teams in the league to 16 or reduce the number of playoff teams.

we can't have 12 teams and 8 getting into the playoffs. at that point we might as well play tournaments

Fifty

I think 14 with 8 playoff teams would work. We could always do it NFL style and have two byes for the first two teams if you feel there isn't enough incentive.

konex update with which players are using which teams.

btw, bob and ck wont join if we have outsiders. you make the call but you've already seen what can and will happen with outsiders playing.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
No outsiders is official,BOB AND CK GET THE GAME.

Fifty

Philadelphia 76ers DaAnswer3

Chicago Bulls DMczaf

Cleveland Cavaliers Truelize

Sacramento Kings Che Guevara

Los Angeles Lakers cloud2k

Dallas Mavericks DSal

Detroit Pistons Kruza

Houston Rockets matrixadw

San Antonio Spurs Jobber4WCW

Golden State Warriors FrenchMov

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I guess I will be in, I will buy the game tomorrow.

I will check out the Knicks roster since I do want to use them, but shit man I want to be at least competitive, and I don't know crap about basketball so it's not like I can overcome a shitty team like in madden. So yeah, I dunno what team to take.

Mrbob

Well, we'll see.

I was leaning toward joining....until DM showed me those 360 shots....now I just may wait for the X360 version.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Wellington said:
I guess I will be in, I will buy the game tomorrow.

I will check out the Knicks roster since I do want to use them, but shit man I want to be at least competitive, and I don't know crap about basketball so it's not like I can overcome a shitty team like in madden. So yeah, I dunno what team to take.

Knicks are pretty good in this game man. Starbury is a killer. At least from what I've seen online so far. Sweetney seems ok for a big man too.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Truelize said:
Knicks are pretty good in this game man. Starbury is a killer. At least from what I've seen online so far. Sweetney seems ok for a big man too.

You aren't going to talk me into taking a shitty team Mr. "I Will Take The Team That Has The Most Popular Player In The Sport On It"!

First Vick, now Lebron!? I'm on to you!

Fifty

I'm using the Raptors. It's wrong to use a team I don't like just because they have high rated players. I'll try winning with the underdog I know.

35553_VillanuevaCharlie.JPG

"You made the right choice"

B

BigZep

Unconfirmed Member
I'll be in for the league play,....

Sixers/Heat/Bobcats...sike no bobcats, but 6ers or Heat if available.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Wellington said:
You aren't going to talk me into taking a shitty team Mr. "I Will Take The Team That Has The Most Popular Player In The Sport On It"!

First Vick, now Lebron!? I'm on to you!

Hey that has been tried before man. Didn't work then either. :D

Play some games with the Knicks. They are better in 2k6 than they are in NBA Live.

Ramirez

Man this game is still pretty ass on the defensive side,guy just shot 80% on me cuz he would just run around and dunk every play,anyone wanna tell me why the fuck there still isn't a defensive stance button?I mean really...the fact that I had to listen to the lil douchebag scream "YEA CAN'T STOP IT BOYEEEE" over the speakers didn't help.

Fifty

Yeah, and I find it very hard to stop quick point guards from just running in circles around me like little field mice. Any tips to stop this or is my complaint valid?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Fifty said:
Yeah, and I find it very hard to stop quick point guards from just running in circles around me like little field mice. Any tips to stop this or is my complaint valid?

While I use my PG alot, I don't do that

Cloudy

Banned
I suck on D as well. Especially against folks who spread it around. I'm going to try playing one position on D. They really need to bring back the defensuve stance :p

i think i speak for konex when i say that running around like a chicken with his head cut off bullshit is banned in league play.

i wish there were sliders because inside defense isn't very good. i'll contest shots and just get dunked on. at LEAST stop the shot from going in and call a foul on me sending the man to the line. but as it is it just seems like if you get in the paint its going to be a dunk.

of course i haven't played on hall of fame difficulty yet cause i can't figure out how to make it apply to exhibition (if i challenge from BL, it defaults to superstar...)

konex, any word on sliders in league? i thought vc said this was in

DMczaf

Cloudy said:
I suck on D as well. Especially against folks who spread it around. I'm going to try playing one position on D. They really need to bring back the defensuve stance :p

Thats because you double everyone :lol I come up court with Duhon and I have to deal with you and a cpu defender right away, so I just pass it around and get the open shot quickly.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'm in with the Nets. I love the Knicks and all but I don't think anyone can be competitive with them. Maybe in season 2 I will use the New York Knickerbockers. :D

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Fifty said:

I did ok with this actually. Try a 1-3-1 against players that do this and control your PG and just stay in front of him. Don't turbo too much cause that will take you out of position and only try to swipe when you are far enough behind the 3 points line that you could recover and catch up to the ball in the key. Double with the X button if you get beat quick. You'll still give up a lot of points but once the PG has a couple of offensive fouls most players tune that crap down a bit.

I don't know if this will always work but it has for me. Most of the time.

Other than that I haven't seen the point in doubling at all. I might have a decent defensive team or something (not likely). But I don't think there is really a lot of hope in shutting down the star players for the whole game like last year.
Lebron, Tmac, Kobe etc.. will get their 15 - 20 just off dunks alone.

Fifty

I don't think it should be a rule. I'm getting better at it, but sometimes I'll see a CPU player open and I'll run to cover him. It would be too hard to enforce it. At best we can highly encourage it, but to enforce it would be naive.

Ramirez

I'm basically sayin I don't want to see people running around with someone off the ball carrier just running into passing lanes/doubling all the time, or playing a big man and cheesin it up.

Fifty

Yeah for sure....if someone never plays manual D I think that's a problem. I'm just saying don't hate me if I don't ALWAYS play it.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
ah boo@ the rules

I dominated last year because I use Parker for my defense BUT I was in Zones 99% of the game.

So if you use this "manual" D, we can't use zones?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
jobber said:
ah boo@ the rules

I dominated last year because I use Parker for my defense BUT I was in Zones 99% of the game.

So if you use this "manual" D, we can't use zones?

There's a button on the controller that lets you actually switch players when your team is on defense. It's totally cool. So when the other team passes the ball you hit the button I'm talking about (shh don't tell anyone about it, it's a secret) and then it switches the player that you are controlling and now you are once again controlling the player that is guarding the man with the ball.
I can't believe they put this feature into the game. Amazing!!! I know a lot of people didn't know that this existed. Wow!

I can't understand how anyone can play a game of basketball and not control the player defending the ball. Anyone I lose to that does not play like this, didn't beat me fair IMO.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Truelize said:
There's a button on the controller that lets you actually switch players when your team is on defense. It's totally cool. So when the other team passes the ball you hit the button I'm talking about (shh don't tell anyone about it, it's a secret) and then it switches the player that you are controlling and now you are once again controlling the player that is guarding the man with the ball.
I can't believe they put this feature into the game. Amazing!!! I know a lot of people didn't know that this existed. Wow!

I can't understand how anyone can play a game of basketball and not control the player defending the ball. Anyone I lose to that does not play like this, didn't beat me fair IMO.

:lol LMAO!

DMczaf

Truelize said:

:lol :lol :lol

Fifty

I'm just speaking from what I think is fair, but I think that would be. The SG and PG are involved a lot, so it would be ok (imo of course) Obviously covering a center wouldn't be as involving as covering a 1 or a 2

Cloudy

Banned
I made a poll about this. I don't know where I stand on this yet but switching to the ballhandler every time works pretty well against perimeter players (if your perimeter defenders are quick) but I keep getting killed in the paint. Then again, maybe my team just blows :p

Cloudy

Banned
That would be the same as option 2 IMO. We need things like this settled quickly and majority wins. I'll play some more games tonight and make up my mind...

Top Bottom