• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K6 League thread...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty,just so you know we were playing on Pro,thats why we had so many steals.Since the servers are down we cant make custom games.

Also you cant just go throwing the ball across the court like that,walk it up with the pg.

Fifty

I tried joining on the website but it says

"You do not have a 2K Sports Online account with this Gamertag.
You need to log in on the console with a 2K Sports title before you can access the web features. "

I logged in on a console with a 2K sports title......but I guess since their shit was down it didn't count it. I have no clue

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
The servers are up now,atleast for me.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
This game is kinda a mess. I'm hitting buttons. I'm hitting sticks. I'm squeezing triggers. I'm hitting buttons while I'm squeezing triggers. I'm squeezing triggers while hitting both sticks. Craziness. Feels like Dr. Suess made the controls for this game.

I need more fingers!!!!! Stat!!!!

Fifty

I've decided I'll join with the Kings.....I don't like the team......but I like Peja. I had too much fun last year with him on my team to go with any other option. Peja the Danja is back!

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Cloudy said:
You need to link your tag to the 2K6 site. 2K6 is a totally different site...

well I tried that

I mean I was able to sign in last year with no problems
You need to log in on the console with a 2K Sports title before you can access the web features.

fuck it...i'll just pick my team when I get the game

Kruza

Yeah. Good game, Cloudy.

Looked to me like you had a problem of accidently shooting the ball instead of doing IsoMotion moves. I had the same issues early on since I was also used to doing IM moves with the right thumbstick playing NBA and CH 2K5.

And I see you have the flopping move down perfectly. Vlade Divac taught his team well. ;-)

Kruza

Cloudy

Banned
Hehe, Brand was abusing my weak interior D so I was trying everything :p I am getting the hang of iso3 but I still can't do a 360 dunk with Kobe alone on a breakway :lol

PS: Would you consider trading Arroyo? :D

Cloudy

Banned
BTW, I beat one guy from OS who was gonna be the Suns last night. He was dominating with Amare and Nash all game but I switched tactics in the 4th. I put Kobe on Nash defensively and attacked Nash with my bigger PG (Sasha). Also, he had put tight D on Kobe so I kept driving and kicking to JJ for threes :lol

Anyways, the game is tied with 10 secs left and he DOESN'T foul me even though I missed every FT I tried. I called a screen for Kobe and he blazes the game-winner with .5 secs left. He even had the follow thru animation after the shot! So satisfying :lol

Dude logs back on AIM and says he remembers he has a vacation coming and he'd have to drop plus he's not as thrilled with the game as he thought. Losing to me and DM (Lakers and Bulls) back to back with the Suns might do that.

To cut a long story short, the other 2 "outsiders" will be scrutinized heavily in pre-season. Hell, I might just reduce the league size. You guys were right and while I was just trying to be fair, I want no lamers in our league :p

Matrix

"To cut a long story short, the other 2 "outsiders" will be scrutinized heavily in pre-season. You guys were right and while I was just trying to be fair, I want no lamers in our league :p"

:lol

Haha I cant believe the guy dropped already....wait I can! Outsiders suck.

DMczaf

:lol Konex just doesnt learn...at all.

04.jpg

Fifty

Cloudy said:
Go ahead with the "I told you sos" I can take it -_-

That's a step in the right direction. Now rather than just watch the other player closely, make it GAF-only and you can be proud of yourself.

Ramirez

So is the game worth picking up Fifty,DM, and Matrix?I'm thinking of selling a couple games and getting in on this if you guys say it isn't crap :lol

Matrix

Other than the fact I cant hit fts,I'm loving this game.

It takes time to learn and master,which is a plus in my book,sorta feels like the madden of bball.The spacing is improved,ball movement and running set plays is key to scoring,you cant get away with just throwing the ball down the court everytime,playing different zones againt certain teams is key to winning against each club.It's really hard to sum this game up and explain things when you are trying to learn how to play yourself.I can tell you for fact this isnt the same game as last year and that its hell of a lot better from what ive played.Ive only played about 12 games total offline and only 4 online,but trust me its not crap for once,and in those 16 games ive played so far the only thing that pisses me off is fts and thats cause I suck.

Ive been mostly playing practice mode and ft practice,I think I read playing 24/7 mode helps you learn the controls better too,so ill give that a look.

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
The free throws are mostly just about matching up when you let go of the stick to when the ball leaves the guy's hand. I think you get penalized in lateral accuracy if the stick is not brought down to "true south" before you let go of it too.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
How come most people online will control a player off the ball on defense??? I know most of GAF does this and a lot of random people do it too.

It's like as soon as someone starts doing well the player stops playing man to man D and then controls a help side defender and manually double teams the ball or is waiting in the key for them.

Isn't this something that is shunned upon??

Matrix

Truelize said:
How come most people online will control a player off the ball on defense??? I know most of GAF does this and a lot of random people do it too.

It's like as soon as someone starts doing well the player stops playing man to man D and then controls a help side defender and manually double teams the ball or is waiting in the key for them.

Isn't this something that is shunned upon??

Dude trust me never bring this issue up,I got bitched at when I did a couple of years ago :lol

Fifty

I do it right now sometimes because the CPU can play much better D. I don't do it all the time now, and in a few days/weeks I'm sure I'll hardly ever do it......but for now it's because I don't know the controls well enough.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:
Dude trust me never bring this issue up,I got bitched at when I did a couple of years ago :lol

:lol Well I wasn't bringing it up to start controversy. Cause I know people are gonna play the way they want. I was just curious on an honset answer. Fifty gave an honest answer.

I've had a player get injured in every single game I've played so far. I hope that stops real soon.

Fifty

This game is so weird....I play it once and get rocked....then by my third game I'm playing ok.....now I just have the least fun game of any sports game...ever. Wtf..I just don't get it. My guys miss 10 footers...I start the game down 17-0...I can't do shit. Maybe NBA games aren't the kind you can play without total and utter concentration. Madden comes naturally to me but this shit seems to fluctuate randomly. I quit that game matrix because it was a waste of both of our time.

Matrix

Fifty if you are going to keep quitting on me maybe we shouldnt play bball games :\ These games are for practice anyway.

It was a waste of time but I use it to practice anyway cause its better than playing the cpu.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Still losing a player every game. Ugh. 5 for 5.

I've had some serious lag too. I tried to play a game with dskillzhtown and the lag was so bad I couldn't get a pass completed.

Matrix

Truelize said:
Still losing a player every game. Ugh. 5 for 5.

I've had some serious lag too. I tried to play a game with dskillzhtown and the lag was so bad I couldn't get a pass completed.

We had no lag,thank god for that.

I cant stand playing bball games with lag *flashbacks of Nba live from the last two years :( *

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:
We had no lag,thank god for that.

I cant stand playing bball games with lag *flashbacks of Nba live from the last two years :( *

Yeah our game was good. Houston is a beast in this game though. Wow. Yao gets everything. Blocks, boards. He does it all.

Lebron is nice too though. :D

Matrix

Truelize said:
Yeah our game was good. Houston is a beast in this game though. Wow. Yao gets everything. Blocks, boards. He does it all.

Lebron is nice too though. :D

Yea hes a beast at D,but I have more trouble scoring with him :lol Totally opposite of his real life game :p

Lebron and T-mac are both sick,but thats to be expected.

what i don't like so far is that a lot of people off misses are just chucking the ball upcourt and trying to dunk it everytime. nothing fun about playing in games like this but what can you do :/

Ramirez

what i don't like so far is that a lot of people off misses are just chucking the ball upcourt and trying to dunk it everytime. nothing fun about playing in games like this but what can you do :/

For shame friends!

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I gots it.

I'll be on all weekend if I need to play these "pre-season" games. ( like I need it )

Ramirez

Well I got the game today after much debate with Wal-Mart's retarded employees...they had the game behind their desk,poster says it was released on the 29th,today is the 30th, and they were all apprehensive about selling it to me :lol

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
jobber said:
I'll be on all weekend if I need to play these "pre-season" games. ( like I need it )

I'll be on this weekend to and still need to do the preseason thing, so we should at least get one of them out of the way playing vs. each other.

Fifty

I'm willing to move Bibby, SAR, or Brad Miller for the right price, as long as I get a good scorer/rebounder (a star basically) in return for either of these guys. Unlike Konex (who won't even part with the awful Kwame Brown, I'm willing to tear the Kings apart :D )

Fifty

I'd trade you bibby.......but that team is really sad and has nothing of value except kobe and odom (I won't rub it in too much..I'll give you credit for using them since I backed away from using the raptors like a little bitch)

Top Bottom