• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K7 League Thread...

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
DMczaf said:
Fifty and FMT

The only commishes I trust. Konex has a 0% success rate as Commish! True story!

He's 0/1. Give him a chance. I'm there this time too. Truelize story!

Fifty

2K4? Let's go back into the history books! FMT and I commished a fantastic NBA Jam league back in '94 at a Venice Beach arcade!

DMczaf

Fifty said:
2K4? Let's go back into the history books! FMT and I commished a fantastic NBA Jam league back in '94 at a Venice Beach arcade!

I hear a pre-teen Bog flaked that league as well.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:
I hear a pre-teen Bog flaked that league as well.

:lol

Ramirez

I'm gonna try and get the game today,but I swear the first person that scores 95% of their points in the paint will be hunted down and maimed IRL. :(

bluemax

Banned
Truelize said:
Games will be much quicker than Madden games and you wont have to sit there and input stats after either. If you are sure you will play your games (we will most likey go with a 4 day wait between league games) then let us know and I'll help convince Konex to let you play. :D. He's bitter cause last year we had half of the people flake and leave before we were done the season.

I should be able to commit to a game every 4 days. Fridays/weekends of course work better for me.

Now to decide on a team...

GT: KidInsomnia
AIM: benjaminbirdie

I'll go for the Sonics if no one else has called them.

Every four days is best for me as well. Wednesday is very bad. (Lost parties at My House) Tuesdays/Thursdays in the evening are best.

bluemax

Banned
Ah thanks for preventing me for picking with my home town glasses and taking the Sonics.

After much deliberation I'm going with the Nuggets (I'm pretty sure they haven't been picked...).

GT: BlueMaxMB
AIM: Super Ska Hero

bluemax said:
Ah thanks for preventing me for picking with my home town glasses and taking the Sonics.

After much deliberation I'm going with the Nuggets (I'm pretty sure they haven't been picked...).

GT: BlueMaxMB
AIM: Super Ska Hero

Oh damn, man. You can take them. I have no attatchment to them. I'm a total knewb so it really doesn't matter who I pick, and the Knicks are taken so I was just going by logo.

:D

Cloudy

Banned
After much thought, teams are no longer being assigned. There are 2 spots open and the most active non-confirmed players in the tourney will get those spots.

I'll have the Tourney up tonight. It's open to everyone not just folks trying to get into the league. We'll use it to figure out settings as well as the last 2 spots...

Zep

Banned
Cloudy said:
Teams are no longer being assigned. There are 2 spots open and the most active non-confirmed players in the tourney will get those spots.

I'll have the Tourney up tonight. It's open to everyone not just folks trying to get into the league...

Cool...throw me in there babe!

Cloudy

Banned
Also...tourney teams are on a first-come, first serve basis. Not to be an ass to the 10 tourney players listed but I don't think I've seen one of them in this thread...

The tourney size will be decided by how many folks sign up before Friday when it starts. Play random games in the meantime so you can have an opinion when it's time to vote for league settings...

bluemax

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
Oh damn, man. You can take them. I have no attatchment to them. I'm a total knewb so it really doesn't matter who I pick, and the Knicks are taken so I was just going by logo.

:D

Nah see, I'm a Sonics fan in real life but I wanted a good team to play with in the game. The Sonics big 3 are ok, but their frontcourt is pretty weak.

I just need a team that fits my style and is pretty good, I think Denver is the right fit for me.

I want to be in the tourney/season.

I'll take the Celtics for the tourney if they're available still. My gamertag is MightBeWrong.

Going to pick up the game here in a few minutes, can't wait.

I'm guessing that skill in the tournament will also be a deciding factor for who gets into the league? Man, I hate bein' a scrub. It's like 6th Grade Gym Class all over again.

I'll have a go at the tournament, though. Knicks please.

gt: KidInsomnia
AIM: benjaminbirdie

Cloudy

Banned
I'm guessing that skill in the tournament will also be a deciding factor for who gets into the league?

I kinda have to take it into account cos a really sucky player is more likely to quit after getting his head beat in a few times :lol

The MAJOR factor is gonna be activity and availability though...

Cloudy said:
I kinda have to take it into account cos a really sucky player is more likely to quit after getting his head beat in a few times :lol

The MAJOR factor is gonna be activity and availability though...

Oh, no, I'm tenaciously bad. But I'd still rather have someone competent in the spot over myself. I thought the leagues held up to 30 peoples?

Cloudy

Banned
I thought the leagues held up to 30 peoples?

They do but this league is 20 max. If you're the most active in the tounrye, I'd have no problem selecting you over a better player who's not as enthusiastic...

Cloudy said:
They do but this league is 20 max. If you're the most active in the tounrye, I'd have no problem selecting you over a better player who's not as enthusiastic...

Excellent. Either way, I'm looking forward to it.

Cloudy

Banned
Tourney is up.

The deadline to join is Friday....

Name = GAF preaseason
Pass = kobe

I'll be sending out league invitations via XBL...

DCX

DCX
Cloudy said:
Tourney is up.

The deadline to join is Friday....

Name = GAF preaseason
Pass = kobe

I'll be sending out league invitations via XBL...
Waiting for mine :p

DCX

Fifty

I hope you're giving people some time before you start the league. I recall having a couple weeks for Madden..Now we don't really need that much time, but I might not be getting the game for a week so I'm hoping we've safely got at least one week.

Cloudy said:
Also...tourney teams are on a first-come, first serve basis. Not to be an ass to the 10 tourney players listed but I don't think I've seen one of them in this thread...

Hey, I'm in this thread! Friday though, dang, not much time to get the game!

Cloudy

Banned
I hope you're giving people some time before you start the league. I recall having a couple weeks for Madden

That's because we were waiting on the roster update. Tourney starts Friday but it's only mandatory for folks who aren't in the league for sure. League would start when that gets done. I don't have an exact date yet...

Hey, I'm in this thread! Friday though, dang, not much time to get the game!

4 days, man!

Cloudy

Banned
What settings do you guys like so far? HOF 7 mins was pretty decent. I have to play some more to see what I can recommend for slider adjustments...

Cloudy

Banned
Ok, I know what I did wrong. I excluded the Celtics by accident (you can choose teams to exclude). Have to redo the league. This time I'm just gonna post the info :lol

Cloudy

Banned
League Info:

Name = GAF SEASON ONE
pass = kobe

You can join via the website or XBL.

Remember, this is only for confirmed players. I will boot you if you sign in w/o asking me first if you're not sure...

DCX

DCX
ok, i'm in :) nice online setup!!! holy shit why doesn't madden have this? or the netowrk code either...i played FMT and we barely had any lag..

DCX

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
Hmm, online reg @ the 2k site seems to not be working at the moment, so I'll reg when I get home.

And yeah, I decided on taking Dallas. Trying to score with the Blazers in this game... yikes.

conex i strongly advise that you wait a minimum of 2 weeks before starting the league. this accomplishes a couple things:

1. gives people time to see what type of commitment it would be
2. will allow flakers to be weeded out. if they can't show up for a tournament GAME how can they show up for a full season

no rush!

Cloudy

Banned
conex i strongly advise that you wait a minimum of 2 weeks before starting the league. this accomplishes a couple things:

1. gives people time to see what type of commitment it would be
2. will allow flakers to be weeded out. if they can't show up for a tournament GAME how can they show up for a full season

no rush!

18 of the 20 are league regulars and the tourney consists of 3 gm series. I think we'll be fine for sometime next week...

How do I get into the tourney?

Name = GAF preaseason
Pass = kobe

Top Bottom