• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K7 League Thread...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty said:
I gave your sister my long ethernet cable if you know what I mean.

1420.jpg

She said "WOW"

Okay, I'm signed up for the tourney as the Thuggets. I have a feeling I'm going to get rocked though, I was playing on PS2 last year, and this is a while different world so far. Pick & roll was money before, but now it's really hard to pull off - the defender gets under the screen just about every time.

I also find that my PG gets called for blocking alot while the other team's brining the ball up court. I've definitely got some work to do before tomorrow!

Fifty said:
Damn the player ratings. It's bad enough I've got the Raptors, but underrated Bargs just drives me crazy. Charlie V was horribly underrated last year, now he's 81 after we trade him! Bargs is 73 73! Jesus Christ this team sucks.

:lol Dude, outside god-statusing Bosh they totally nerfed that team. They somehow decided Ford was a better 3 point shooter than Parker or Bargnani. The good thing is that 2K updates ratings as the season goes on. Charlie started out as a 68 or something in 2K6, and was mid-70s by the end of the year.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
ColdBlooded33 said:
I Configured her router if you know what im talking about...

Thing had four holes. Well five actually, four go in, and one went out. It was a really freaky experience.
Kobe filmed it too. :D

Cloudy

Banned
Tourney starts tomorrow. There are 4 spots open now but I will start it at 10pm et with the players we have by then...

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
LiveFromKyoto said:
I also find that my PG gets called for blocking alot while the other team's brining the ball up court. I've definitely got some work to do before tomorrow!

layoff the defensive stance or don't move when you use it.

jobber said:
layoff the defensive stance or don't move when you use it.

I'm not the one controlling him; I meant that the CPU gets called for it constantly. I usually control a big man on defence, and I find if you've set PGs to play tight D on their man they pick up alot of blocking fouls.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
LiveFromKyoto said:
I'm not the one controlling him; I meant that the CPU gets called for it constantly. I usually control a big man on defence, and I find if you've set PGs to play tight D on their man they pick up alot of blocking fouls.

ah..I always press the ball handler manually so I don't know. Interesting finding though.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I'm around today if anyone wants to ball. I've got a phone interview and then I play AZgreg in Madden but other than that I'm pretty available.

Did you guys see that you get an achievement for going into your online options and setting your availability?? I'm sure DM did. :D

AkaBalla

Celtics Trading Block:

PG: Rajon Rondo

SG: Tony Allen

SF: Ryan Gomes & Wally

PF: Brian Scalabrini & Brian Grant

C: Theo Ratliff & Kendrick Perkins

The only untouchable player is Paul Pierce unless i get another premier SG/SF in return.. Make some offers

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
I wanted to get a game or two in tonight because I'll be busy all of Saturday and most of Sunday.

damn konex

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
BlueMaxMB you around? want to play now?

Fifty

Rors, that was one of the worst basketball games I've ever played.

Dude...dude. You took 63 shots. 8 of them were outside the paint. 5 were 3's, and the other 3 shots were just BARELY outside the box. That was ****ing retarded. Every time you got the ball you just dribbled your way into the paint and either went for a dunk/layup or a 3 foot jump shot.

Rorschach

Yup, that was an awful game on my part and I realize it. I'm sorry, but the lag was just unbearable...I don't know if you even felt it...I'm guessing you did because of all the blocking calls. Not only that, but my controller keeps going in and out even though it's plugged in. If there's a way to override that, I'll take the loss...don't think I even put in the right settings...sigh...

Fifty

No, I had no lag at all. That was the only thing positive I took from the game. I assumed you had none either. That's weird. Maybe something's wrong with your system/controller. And what settings would you have put in wrong? It automatically goes by the tourny settings when you host in the tourny lobby. The blocking calls came from me pressing B (draw charge) to slow down your driving players.

Whoever is the Jazz I'm ready to play tonight or anytime during the day tomorrow, just send me a message or something (gamertag: MightBeWrong) or else post here with a time.

Rorschach

Fifty said:
No, I had no lag at all. That was the only thing positive I took from the game. I assumed you had none either. That's weird. Maybe something's wrong with your system/controller. And what settings would you have put in wrong? It automatically goes by the tourny settings when you host in the tourny lobby. The blocking calls came from me pressing B (draw charge) to slow down your driving players.
Oh, I thought you had to customize the settings. Sorry about that game...maybe next time you can host even though it didn't work the first time. Or I can try to play directly from my modem.

Matrix

This game sucks on whatever Konex put the settings on.

You cant buy a f-ing basket from outside and fts are bs.

bluemax

Banned
GG Matrix. All those blocked shots destroyed me, that and my inability to find much offense with Allen and Lewis on the bench, I think it's not wise to rest both of them.

I need to spend some time working on FTs :-(

Fifty

Yeah, did you change the sliders? If you didn't, they need to be changed. In my attempt to play legit, all of my mid range shots missed. DM just suggested we alter the defensive rebounding sliders, and I agree. Guys on the defensive rebounding team will just stand frozen as someone from the offensive team easily grabs the loose ball.

Cerrius said:
gg Kyoto.

You're being too kind! :lol I might have played the worst game of my life. Some of the decisions I made were downright embarassing, and I couldn't do much to get an open shot. don't think it would have mattered, though. You were destroying me with Shaq and Wade was unstoppable when he went up for a dunk.

sloppy offensive game though, I couldn't hit a jumpshot to save my life :lol

I don't know if there was latency or what, we both shot like 35% I don't think I hit a free throw after the 1st Q, which is weird because right before playing you I was practicing them and I hit 82%.

I think the rounds are best of 3, not sure when you want to schedule the next (last?) game. I'm only available the next 4 days between around 4-7 pm EST due to work, but I have like a week off starting Wednesday.

Matrix

bluemax said:
GG Matrix. All those blocked shots destroyed me, that and my inability to find much offense with Allen and Lewis on the bench, I think it's not wise to rest both of them.

I need to spend some time working on FTs :-(

Id say GG,but you and I both should be able to hit more outside shots.I think you and I both hit a combined total of like 6 all game.You should have found more O,whatever the heck we are playing on is crap.

Absurd.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
LiveFromKyoto said:
I think the rounds are best of 3, not sure when you want to schedule the next (last?) game. I'm only available the next 4 days between around 4-7 pm EST due to work, but I have like a week off starting Wednesday.

Do you mind playing the rest of the games now? I'll be busy all of Saturday and Sunday so finishing this series right now would be convenient

Matrix

Cloudy said:
It's HOF with default sliders. The whole point is to play this and see what we want to change

Well I believe I played Fifty before my tourney game on HOF and we missed shots but it wasnt too the point where we couldnt knock any from the outside down.

The Tourney game felt busted,so I'm not sure whats up :\

Top Bottom