• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K7 League Thread...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I signed up for the league even though I didnt get an invite Konex,man that pass was hard to figure out :p

Also signed up for the tourney,ill take a free achievement for playing in it :D

edit- doh you posted the league pass a page back,the more you read...the more you know :lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Well that was a shitty first game online against DM.

Game had Madden type lag and we lost connnection at half :\

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Ill be signed in as soon as my copy gets here from EBgames.com

Konex: Save my tournament spot!

Rorschach

I'd like to add to FMT's list with

3. It lets people get a better grasp of the game and maybe play a season in single player.

Anyway, got the game today. I'll be playing mostly offline tonight, but if anyone wants to challenge me online tomorrow, I'm game...especially the east coasters. I want to see what the games are like with opposite coasts. :)

Damn it, I'm in. Completely missed this thread.

gt: pheeniks
aim: the pheeniks

-edit-
the tourney page isn't working...will try later tonight, but I will be in it...if it's still available? saw somewhere I missed some deadline?

Joined the tournament...and my 360 froze. it was too much to handle.

unfortunately, I won't have my 360 around till Sunday night--so my bad if it's inconvenient for anybody. but I can't wait for the league to begin...free pretty much every weekday night and weekends.

Cloudy

Banned
So, what do you guys think we need to tweak?

Here's mine from games played in HOF and Superstar:

- 3pt accuracy needs to be toned down a bit
- I'm fouling A LOT when contesting shots. Maybe I'm doing something wrong though so I dunno about this

On the issue of qtr. length, I'm getting the most realistic scores with 7 mins..

PS: To make games go faster, set up all your game settings/options (including lineups for all teams!) in the online desk so you don't have to mess with that before every game :D

Here's my two cents..

I think the 3 point accuracy is just fine. I hit a bunch of them last night and there were three reasons why. Most of the shots were wide open, I'm the Suns, and.... I'm the Suns. There have been plenty of games I have played where none of my shooters were on. You just ran into a 3pt. buzzsaw last night.

We discussed blocking last night, but if you want to make the changes I am not opposed. If anything I like that more fouls are called, it stops people from aimlessly hacking everyshot attempt that goes up.

I'm pretty open though, I just ask that we slightly increase the free throw accuracy for the league. There is no way I should be shooting 70-75% with Steve Nash.

I think that when someone is shooting free throws, only the home team is allowed to press LT against the visistor. It doesn't make sense that the home team gets 'rattled' right?

I say only the visitor can rattle the home team's FT shooter until late in the game, if the free throws really matter.

I think 3 PT accuracy's alright..

And is there a way to be able to take your damn playbook online? I have to manually set SG Clearout :)lol) with the Heat before every game.

DCX

DCX
pheeniks said:
I think that when someone is shooting free throws, only the home team is allowed to press LT against the visistor. It doesn't make sense that the home team gets 'rattled' right?

I say only the visitor can rattle the home team's FT shooter until late in the game, if the free throws really matter.

I think 3 PT accuracy's alright..
Actually i think that is a good idea, maybe we should limit it to the 4th quarter 2 minutes to go and you can only do it twice...adds more strategy to the proceedings.

DCX

3 pt percentage DOES need to be toned down. i'm cool hitting a 3 if you're wide open, but dude i was playing DM w/ the bulls and if you give hinrich or gordon even 2 feet of space they will drain a 3 with nothing but net 80% of the time. come on there has to be SOME incentive to shoot midrange shots. if 3 pointers are being drained at a higher percent than 3 pointers why would anyone work the midrange game?

also, defensive rebounding needs to be upped significantly. playing against DM, i had the ball hit off the rim and had my guy in the paint RUNNING AWAY from the ball! i know the warriors aren't that great but even chicks can rebound for balls sake.

Zep

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
3 pt percentage DOES need to be toned down. i'm cool hitting a 3 if you're wide open, but dude i was playing DM w/ the bulls and if you give hinrich or gordon even 2 feet of space they will drain a 3 with nothing but net 80% of the time. come on there has to be SOME incentive to shoot midrange shots. if 3 pointers are being drained at a higher percent than 3 pointers why would anyone work the midrange game?

also, defensive rebounding needs to be upped significantly. playing against DM, i had the ball hit off the rim and had my guy in the paint RUNNING AWAY from the ball! i know the warriors aren't that great but even chicks can rebound for balls sake.

Did you fix your "Settings" on the fly (Down on D-pad) theres a menu there to pick what you want your team to do...That should help.

yes, but if im manning up on hinrich i have to provide a LITTLE space or he can just blow right past me. i'm not saying i'm leaving a prevent D sized gap, but jesus you give those guys a little air and they destroy you. defensive pressure wont fix that unless im letting the CPU guard the player, but i dont always want to do that

Zep

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
yes, but if im manning up on hinrich i have to provide a LITTLE space or he can just blow right past me. i'm not saying i'm leaving a prevent D sized gap, but jesus you give those guys a little air and they destroy you. defensive pressure wont fix that unless im letting the CPU guard the player, but i dont always want to do that

Talking about the rebounding foo! Your slider is probably at Get Back or something making your team run the floor not worrying about grabbing the boards so much.

Cloudy

Banned
Shawnwhann said:
Here's my two cents..

I think the 3 point accuracy is just fine. I hit a bunch of them last night and there were three reasons why. Most of the shots were wide open, I'm the Suns, and.... I'm the Suns. There have been plenty of games I have played where none of my shooters were on. You just ran into a 3pt. buzzsaw last night.

We discussed blocking last night, but if you want to make the changes I am not opposed. If anything I like that more fouls are called, it stops people from aimlessly hacking everyshot attempt that goes up.

I'm pretty open though, I just ask that we slightly increase the free throw accuracy for the league. There is no way I should be shooting 70-75% with Steve Nash.

I didn't base those impressions off ONE game and certainly not just HOF :lol

We're gonna all vote on every major issue and majority rules. I'm not just deciding stuff based on what I prefer...

About the FTs, we'll vote on bumping the accuracy up. I don't get why the away team should be able rumble the screen though :lol

Cloudy

Banned
come on there has to be SOME incentive to shoot midrange shots

My thoughts exactly...

also, defensive rebounding needs to be upped significantly.

I'm also getting killed on my defensive backboard but I thought it was the crappy Lakers bigmen :lol

Everyone just post your impressions/suggestions and I will have polls up this weekend..

DMczaf

once we get the sliders down, make sure you make a post with all the tweaks and changes so we can have official GAF NBA2K7 sliders for online play. That way, we all can edit our online profile with the sliders so anytime we play someone, we will be able to play using the GAF League sliders.

once we get the sliders down, make sure you make a post with all the tweaks and changes so we can have official GAF NBA2K7 sliders for online play. That way, we all can edit our online profile with the sliders so anytime we play someone, we will be able to play using the GAF League sliders.

There is an option to save sliders in online profile? I was lokoing for the option but I did not find it.

I didn't base those impressions off ONE game and certainly not just HOF

I realize I totally made a dumb assumption, but I do believe that 3's are fine. The problem I have is that I use dual control alot. There is not an option to have someone spot up 15 ft from the basket. When you want a player to spot up it is usually near or at the three point line. Lowering the 3pt sliders could have an adverse effect on my team's best offensive weapon. We cant rebound and we don't have a good post game, so I would be missing shots I would normally hit. If we do lower the 3 point percentages we should only tone it down 5 points at the most. Otherwise the game becomes slanted towards the teams with big men, and playing zone will be the standard because 3's will no longer be a threat.

After 15 games, I have yet to be torched by a cheesy 15-20 makes per game in a 3pt onslaught so that should help frame my perspective a little bit.

I wish there was a slider so that Adrian Griffin wasn't doing reverse layups/dunks and having C-webb...throw it down on me everytime!

-note-
I do suck at defense, but I had 3 guys on Webber in an online matchup and he just soared over everybody somehow...like he went right through them.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:

I disagree about the defensive rebounds...I've been getting the opposite. Offensive rebounds have been impossible and defensive rebounds are automatic.

I think the 3 pointers are fine. :\

What difficulty setting are we playing on?

[edit] In practice mode, how do I get the AI to play too?

CB3

Konex. I have the game, send me an invite!

Edit: Got your invites for the league. Tried to join, but it says the nets are already taken...

Ramirez

Yea,I was gonna say something about Kurt's insane 3 pointers he kept hitting on me last night when I played DM,but knew it would be labeled as hate,so I avoided it,thank you Frenchie!

I also fouled DM basically every time I tried to contest,but I think it's because I always had R held in,not sure though.

Fifty

ColdBlooded33 said:
Edit: Got your invites for the league. Tried to join, but it says the nets are already taken...

Ignore the invites, they're for the old league. Just search for 'gaf' in the private leagues

CB3

Fifty said:
Ignore the invites, they're for the old league. Just search for 'gaf' in the private leagues

Gives me the blank white page when i go to join league

Cloudy

Banned
You can do it via XBL..

There is an option to save sliders in online profile? I was lokoing for the option but I did not find it.

It's on there under settings, I think. You have to use the triggers to switch pages to see the sliders...

Fifty

Damn the player ratings. It's bad enough I've got the Raptors, but underrated Bargs just drives me crazy. Charlie V was horribly underrated last year, now he's 81 after we trade him! Bargs is 73 73! Jesus Christ this team sucks.

conex after playing the lakers i dont want to hear ANY complaining out of you. kobe is a straight rapist in this game. i don't give a dick if you only have 2 players rated over an 80, cause one of those 2 players is worth a team full of 90's rated players

Fifty

Cloudy said:
Quit your bitching. I have TWO players rated over 80 on my team :lol

So do I. Except one of them isn't named Kobe, and the other one (Ford) is rated 81

You're not going to be able to out-bitch me anytime soon.

CB3

Cloudy said:
I'll trade Smush and Radmanovic for him :D

HAH

Jason Kidd is a Straight Baller. He has been my go to guy, with Vince playing more of a PG Role

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Fifty lets play tonight. I wanna try out some sliders for the league.

Threes are a bit too easy. And I wanna try with the game speed down a bit.

Or if anyone else wants a game let me know.

Adam Morrison was a beast in his first game at the house of True. :)

DCX

DCX
ColdBlooded33 said:
Vince Carter is a Bum. He cant hit an open shot to save his life
ditto with Steve Francis...i think in about 7 online games i have played...he has scored about 10 points. 6 on free throws!! he misses all of his open shots, all of them!!

DCX

Top Bottom