• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K7 League Thread...

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
AkaBalla said:
I shouldnt be next to last pick having a shitty season... Not that i care but i think going from the standings based on records before simming would be fair and that was the vote we all agreed to.

I should lose on purpose so you get stuck with em

but i digress...

why does this even matter? if we were drafting players, i would understand, but if you don't pick your favorite team, would you really know how to use another team?

Fifty

jobber said:
but if you don't pick your favorite team, would you really know how to use another team?

That's a good point.
I think that was my downfall. I had tons more talent than I started the season with, and that kept me close, but I wasn't able to finish when it counted because I had too many cooks in the kitchen. My goal for season 2 is to have a better gameplan offensively.

jobber

season 2 MVP

rodmanspurszb7.jpg

Fifty said:
That's a good point.
I think that was my downfall. I had tons more talent than I started the season with, and that kept me close, but I wasn't able to finish when it counted because I had too many cooks in the kitchen. My goal for season 2 is to have a better gameplan offensively.

I started playing better once I let Wade shoot more than 20 shots a game. Sound like real life? =/

DCX

DCX
Shawnwhann said:
Nice matchups here, I'm happy I get to play the last guy that I played in my series!!

Hey DCX, are you ready for our 2 game series? I'm trying to get this series over tonight if possible... Holler back!!
I'm ready are you around?

DCX

AkaBalla

jobber said:
I should lose on purpose so you get stuck with em

but i digress...

why does this even matter? if we were drafting players, i would understand, but if you don't pick your favorite team, would you really know how to use another team?

I'm not sure what you mean but i think everyone should run with different teams. I will make sure you wont get the spurs to see your skills with another team.. :)

Fifty

I've PMed some of the top people with picks and some teams will be given out today. As long as you realize that some playoff teams might be off limits, this won't be that hard. So everyone..check your PMs often.

Rors has already sent me his list. Once Chris picks, Konex can..and once Konex picks, the league can be created and we'll be well on our way.

Fifty

Truelize said:
I hope Rors picks the Lakers. I would love to see Konex and Jobber have to run with different teams.

I hoped that too. And he did.

1. Chris James - Pistons

2. Rors - Lakers

3. Konex - Wizards

4. Pheeniks - Hornets

5. Truelize - Sonics

6. Juan MR -

7. Coldblooded -

8. Fifty -

9. Matrix -

10. AKABaller -

11. Malleymal -

12. DCX -

13. Jobber -

14. Shawn -

15. DM -

16. Kems4Kobes -

Once Konex picks, he should create the league and then people can start signing in. I'll be PMing picks 4-7 now.

jobber

Truelize said:
I hope Rors picks the Lakers. I would love to see Konex and Jobber have to run with different teams.

I kinda did in 2K5. I took over the 76ers while you had the Spurs. You didn't even make it to the playoffs. For shame.

edit: it's only 1 other team I would run with in a league and I'm not saying which team it is. However, in a pickup game, I could use any team and beat you.

Cloudy

Banned
Great. M$ sent me a dud 360. I'm buying a new one tonight with the TRU deal. Screw this shit :lol

Hmm, what team should I pick?

Fifty

Good choice. I like all the picks so far. Pheeniks picked the Hornets.

We're up with Truelize. I'd love to get to pick #8 (mine!) today :D

No team is entirely off limits, but people have to realize that if they want a team that's in the playoffs now, they should check and see if the owner might continue using them in S2 (assuming they make the finals)

Don't sign into the league until your team is on the list I keep updating here.

This is a shortcut to signing in if you have a team: http://online.2ksports.com/leagues?a=join&p=360&t=NBA2K7&mem=-1&len=-1&pla=-1&pri=1&nam=GAF

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I'm gonna have to try out a couple of teams tonight I guess. I'll have my team picked tonight though. Don't worry.

Fifty

Daddy Z told me Shawn sent him an AIM saying the following:

" Yo listen, let the guys on the NBA 2K admin sqaud know that my apartment complex has been burned down. My apartment was unaffected, but I have to evacuate now. but I am effectively homeless right now until I get some kind of update on the next steps. Just let the primaries kow, and say a prayer for me would ya? "

Edit: because that's the only series we're waiting for, I'm going to give DCX the auto win over Shawn. If he's really out of a home, I don't think he'll be playing on XBL anytime soon. If that's not the case, all the blame will go on DaddyZ.

I'm sorry to hear that, Shawn.

DMczaf

I dont think I've ever missed that many jump shots in 3 games in my life, I was forced to turn into the type of player I hate. A "drive drive drive drive dunk"er.

Hinrich shot like 4-35 in the series, and he's my best jump shooter!

jobber

alrghty then

I'm not going to be around until tomorrow Celtic fan. I gotta finish helping my g/f move -_-

we can play the whole series tomorrow if you want

edit: wtf

Philadelphia 0
Utah 0
Series

— Championship

Philadelphia 0
Boston 0
Series

AI is AI?

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Yea it was an ugly series as a whole, low scoring as hell, as are most of my games, but still was hard fought, and Jobber what are you :lol 'ng about i beat your ass this season... **** tim

jobber

Malleymal said:
Yea it was an ugly series as a whole, low scoring as hell, as are most of my games, but still was hard fought, and Jobber what are you :lol 'ng about i beat your ass this season... **** tim

need i remind you i was up by like 18 in the 3rd quarter when your xbox magically died and we had to play over again

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
annies-gun.jpg

stop job!

I remember, and I also remember apologizing for the 360 and telling you that you could have the win and that it wasnt that serious. You wanted to play again and lost.. thats not my fault:lol .

jobber

in my mind I already won!

I had nothing to drive me to beat you

now I do..

just make sure you make it past DCX

I'm not looking past you AKA! Tim Duncan is practicing his 3 point shot as I type.

Hey guys!! I'm at my girlfriends house right now camping out today. Last night was pretty terrible with news coming that people died and 162 of 312 units are deemed uninhabitable. Luckily, my apartment unit was sparred from this horrific fire. I have all my stuff, and I cannot help but feel terrible for the hundereds that are currently displaced at the local high school across the street. I'm being told that I can go home right now, but it is pretty tough with hundreds of firefighters, policemen, and news media making it a complete circus. I'll be looking into finding a new home as the property owner has notoriously been MIA with getting things fixed. I have all my stuff, but the last thing on my mind is finishing off the league. Good luck with the playoffs, and be thankful for your well being.

For a closer look, here is the link: http://cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_343235340.html

Fifty

I'm really sorry to hear that, Shawn. That sounds awful. I'm glad you have all your stuff intact at least. Good luck finding a new place if that's the route you're taking.

I'll hold your spot in season 2 until you give us a confirmation that you're not able/interested in playing. I'm assuming real life is more important now, but I'm going to give you a chance and not just kick you out ASAP.

P.S: I understand Shawn might be too busy to check this thread, so if someone else gets an answer from him via AIM re: S2 that'd be just as good.

I hate to be the one doing this (turning a tragedy into a simple WILL HE PLAY A VIDEOGAME question, but it's my job to keep things moving)

jobber

AkaBalla said:
I dunno.. At the post game i heard it and then the network config happened.. Good series man.

that's ghey

no one will even know what happened in the 2nd game....i really wanted to see the stats -_-

AkaBalla

jobber said:
that's ghey

no one will even know what happened in the 2nd game....i really wanted to see the stats -_-

I know i cant believe Big Shot Rob bricked that 3 at the top of the key with .9 left..

jobber

AkaBalla said:
I know i cant believe Big Shot Rob bricked that 3 at the top of the key with .9 left..

Udrih and Bowen both his buzzer beaters in the playoffs yet Horry goes 0/20 behind the arc.

oh the irony.....

AkaBalla

CONGRATS TO MALLEY AND THOSE FISH JAZZ.. Nice shot with Fisher man.. 2 guys in his face, my center trying to block it, foul line leaner with no time remaining = SWISH!!! Crazy stuff...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
wait did Malley just win it all on a derek fisher gw shot?

Top Bottom