• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K7 League Thread...

Yeah, I'm with Fifty on this one. If we're going to do the playoffs for this season let's get it going. There's not much point in continuing the season when there's maybe 3 games played per "week."

Also: If anyone wants to play a scrimmage game let me know. It's been a while since I've played some 2k7 online... I'll be availabe later tonight.

Fifty

Cloudy said:
Yah, might as well start the playoffs now...

Ok......So is that what you're going to do?

The only person I can see being left out of them now that has a reasonable chance to usurp someone in the last 9-10 games is ColdBlooded. Otherwise it looks fine.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
It hurts to know that I missed the playoffs. But I think you guys should go ahead and get them started.
We could start season 2 while the playoffs are going on too, seeing as other players will be sitting waiting. It would give new incentive to the rest of us to play (more exciting than playing with a broken team at least :)) and the first week of the new season could be longer cause not everyone will be finished with season 1.

I'm excited that the stats will be working from day 1 in our league.

How long will playoffs take?

Honestly, next week I will be shutting myself down from X360 and pretty much anything resembling the word "fun".

LOL at the past week. I'm down for the playoffs now. I'll let you know when season 2 starts if I will be in it for the next round. Work is ramping up right now. But Curb your enthusiasm fellas, things change in my industry all the time...

Cloudy

Banned
One of my real life pals wants to join. She got an xbox with 2k7 2day with the microcenter deal. This should be fun :lol

Fifty

Whoa! So by advancing to the playoffs, you had to sim the rest of the season?

I'm now ahead of Shawn in the standings, and instead of playing the #1 seed DM (I really wanted to :( ) I play Jobber?! Awwww shit. Oh well, it'll be a fun challenge. I'm just glad it advanced I guess.

How are we going to handle season 2 drafting? Now that these games are underway there's nothing left to discuss really, except who's in. I'm guessing worst to best record, as the majority voted in the poll...and then new season 2 people (if any) pick last

P.S Reba, I'll be able to play tomorrow night if you're around. Pretty much any time from 8-12 eastern.

DCX

DCX
Oh wow..Shawn for three straight games?!?! Justice! or RAPE Time, either way, it shall be fun.

DCX

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
AkaBalla said:
Matrix when u wanna play?

Whats the playoffs set? best of 3/5?

You around now? I can play.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
AkaBalla said:
Meet u in the lobby.. Can play 2 games if ya want

Going on,we can try for two,I might have to piss or something after the first :p

Finally the league is heavily active again :)

Good luck to everyone in the playoffs!!! I think the winner should at least get to pick their team for season 2 first or something like that.

Fifty

DMczaf said:
Reba vs. Smitch!!

Who will survive?!

If I get eliminated in round one you'll be having a party, because you know I'm the only one who can beat you!

Props to Pheeniks and Chris for staying active despite losing seasons. Boo to Cerrius and Bluemax. Oddly enough, I still see Cerrius on XBL--playing 2K7!

Chris: I think that was the plan..at least it was the most popular voting option, that the winner (or finalists) get the option to keep their team. I wouldn't do that if I won, because part of the fun of a 2nd season is figuring out how to win with a totally new roster.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
:lol you've got to be kiddin me

on my side of the bracket I have 2 teams that took me to OT and the other came back to beat me :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I am not amused.

I should be around tomorrow night...if I saw this an hour ago, I would've beat you already..know why?

because I'm a survivorrrrrrrrrrrrrr

jobber

Fifty said:
Props to Pheeniks and Chris for staying active despite losing seasons. Boo to Cerrius and Bluemax. Oddly enough, I still see Cerrius on XBL--playing 2K6!

the ****?! 2k6 o_O

and Bluemax gave up after I ummm took his manhood in our game.

Matrix

Good games Aka,you pwned the shit out of me.

I was just sad.

AkaBalla

Yes good games... I was just feeling it tonight i guess.. The 2nd game i raped u on the Offensive glass.. I havent had a game where that happened.. Ill take it in the playoffs.. Good luck in season 2.

DMczaf

Matrix said:
Good games Aka,you pwned the shit out of me.

I was just sad.

T-Mac denied the 2nd round once again :(

mcgrady_83090.jpg

Fifty

Reba, my "broken" controller had a second wind yesterday and now seems to be working, but you should know there's a slight chance it'll relapse (and I'll start automatically moving backwards) if this happens today, I'll buy a new controller tomorrow. But I'm just letting you know in advance because if the game starts and it's like that I'm gonna have to quit.

We should start working towards team selection now. It'll keep people who aren't in the playoffs involved and speed things up once the playoffs end.

If we're going to do it (Konex, please confirm) where the finalists get a chance to keep their team (who would want to?!) and then from there we pick from worst to first record-wise this is the draft order:

1. Konex
2. Chris James
3. Pheeniks
4. Rorschach
5. Truelize
6. Juan (I'm not sure if he's playing)
7. Coldblooded
8. Malleymal
9. Shawn (I hate that is he's picking ahead of me, nothing personal, I just usurped him in the simmed weeks and now I pick..
..10th. Fifty
11. Matrix
12. Jobber
13. DCX
14. AkaBalla
15. DM

Now 15 is a bad number. Personally I hope someone drops so we can get it down to 14.

IF finalists have the option to keep their team, that means two teams MIGHT be off limits, so Konex would have to submit his top 3 choices, Chris his top 4, etc...just to be perfectly safe. It's easier to pick in advance than to wait one by one for people to make their picks. In the past that's taken up to a week.

p.s: Jobber, I meant I see Cerrius on XBL often playing 2K7 My mistake. I'm not crying that he's gone.

Fifty said:
p.s: Jobber, I meant I see Cerrius on XBL often playing 2K7 My mistake. I'm not crying that he's gone.

Cerrius told me he got tired of playing as the T-Wolves.

I think if I have the chance, I will pick Miami again. And NO roster changes this time...
Although I kinda want to have a change of things for once.

jobber

AKA just won his series in 2 games and that adds to the w/l total. Like when I sweep you, those 2 wins will be on my record...unless we're counting those wins.

Fifty

For it to really be fair we should have counted the records only up to last night's simmed games. I won like my last 10 games when Konex simmed it..so I moved down in the draft.

I'm not sure the playoffs should count toward that. In the real NBA the draft is decided just by the regular season, and since there's no giant reward (like the first overall pick) for placing 1st in this league, it doesn't seem fair to punish people for winning in the playoffs.

Cloudy

Banned
At this point, the only fair thing is to do random picks for the draft. Finalists can keep their teams if they want to...

I'll put all names in a hat and pick. If I get the first pick, you know I cheated :lol

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Cloudy said:
At this point, the only fair thing is to do random picks for the draft. Finalists can keep their teams if they want to...

I'll put all names in a hat and pick. If I get the first pick, you know I cheated :lol

That is far from fair. Regardless of simmed games to end season 1 we should still pick in reverse order. There are 30 teams, I'm sure you will get one you like.

Fifty

Cloudy said:

WTF!

The only fair thing to do is to take the standings as they were before you simmed 10 games last night and use them to update the list I posted above. We voted on the site...People like this system, and it works. I'm not going to watch as the poor players get shafted with the 14th best team while DM gets the 1st pick. We should co-municate if we're going to be co-commishes ko-nex

Cloudy

Banned
I'm sure you will get one you like.

You think I'd really rig a lottery to get a team I got destroyed with in season 1?

The only fair thing to do is to take the standings as they were before you simmed 10 games last night and use them to update the list I posted above. We voted on the site...

If you're going to go back and look up the standings, be my guest. I really don't think it's a big deal though. DM proved you don't need the best team to be good
Only dumb trade partners lol

Fifty

There's nothing at all wrong with these draft standings.

The only place that changed was me moving down a spot, and I'm ok with that. You get the #1 pick! No one's complaining! I see no reason not to just use the list I posted above, unless DM paid you off to get him a higher spot! :lol

Cloudy

Banned
Oh I didn't see your list above (browsing other sites at the same time) I'd get a top pick with the original standings so I was wondering what Tru meant :lol

AkaBalla

I shouldnt be next to last pick having a shitty season... Not that i care but i think going from the standings based on records before simming would be fair and that was the vote we all agreed to.

Fifty

That is fair...Konex is too lazy/busy to do it, but I'll go back and do it. Find out the standings as of yesterday and then revise my list so that the last 10 games (the ones we didn't play) don't count. No real rush I suppose since we've gotta wait to find out if the finalists want to keep their teams. I'll post it here once I'm done.

If anyone has a problem with this you can
kiss my ass
take it up with me in a PM. These are the standings after the 21 games we played. In the case of pheeniks and True, I gave pheeniks a higher pick because he played 1 more game. Same with Matrix/malley/aka.

Draft order for season 2:

(Note that the two finalists from season 1 have the option of keeping their team, so we can't really start picking until that's figured out)

1. Chris James (3-17)

2. Rors (5-16)

3. Konex (6-15)

4. Pheeniks (8-14

5. Truelize (7-14)

6. Juan MR (7-14)

7. Coldblooded (11-10)

8. Fifty (12-9)

9. Matrix (14-8)

10. AKABaller (13-8)

11. Malleymal (13-8)

12. DCX (15-6)

13. Jobber (16-5)

14. Shawn (16-5)

15. DM (20-2)

Nice matchups here, I'm happy I get to play the last guy that I played in my series!!

Hey DCX, are you ready for our 2 game series? I'm trying to get this series over tonight if possible... Holler back!!

Fifty

Cloudy said:
PS: Add Kems4kobe as the 16th pick :p

Who the hell is that?

If you vouch for them and they flake, I'm staging a coup.

Just played gm 1 with Jobber. I kept it close for 3 qtrs, but he was just too good when it counted, and I was at my worst in the 4th. Always a fun game though, because he plays so sim.

Stats aren't showing up for playoff games :( Bummer. At least a full season 2 of regular game stats will be something to look forward to.

jobber

all comes to head like a coin ching ching

reba takes down smitch in 3

she's a survivor damn it!

Top Bottom