• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K7 League Thread...

Fifty said:
51 points :lol

30% shooting!

Oh yeah, you really manipulated him.

Will someone other than me please beat DM?

I nearly did. Took 3 OT and a fouled-out Wade for him to finally take me down in the greatest game in the history of GAF leagues :(

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Pheeniks,I can play at 12,in about 15 mins or I can play anytime past 11 pm eastern.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
:lol I just noticed DM beat me in both games by 5 points

damn @ me not pushing the break more often -_-

uh who do i play next?

DMczaf

I have a confession Jobber, I cheated...

Reba%20-%20Season%201%20(2001)306_f_250.jpg

I was watching Reba Season 1 while we played.

Fifty

:lol

I think you just went crazy after watching 2 seasons of Reba. Anything would have been good at that point.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Pheeniks,can you play now?

Matrix

oh god...

pheeniks your connection will be the death of me,we wasted all of that time and a great game for nothing :|

Matrix said:
oh god...

pheeniks your connection will be the death of me,we wasted all of that time and a great game for nothing :|

Hey yeah that was stupid. Second OT game in a row...maybe our next game, T-mac and Jwill might actually hit shots =/

I wish we could do something about this stupid "out of bounds" or "backcourt" by accident stuff. Can really ruin a game...

D-wade was having one of his finest games too!!!

Why the hell is the league not advancing until Sat. night? This is going to be the longest season ever at this pace.

Maybe that's just my opinion, if so I'll quit my bitching...

Konex, did you get your damn 360 back yet? I want to play a game, it's been too long... By the way, I've lost nearly all respect in you after seeing your post about the Beatles a couple weeks back when you said that you think the Backstreet Boys had more vocal talent than the Beatles (The Beatles didn't have the benefit of computers and mixing software, and besides John and Paul have amazing voices). Had to get that off my chest, it was bothering me.

Matrix

ChrisJames said:
By the way, I've lost nearly all respect in you after seeing your post about the Beatles a couple weeks back when you said that you think the Backstreet Boys had more vocal talent than the Beatles (The Beatles didn't have the benefit of computers and mixing software, and besides John and Paul have amazing voices). Had to get that off my chest, it was bothering me.

:lol

Konex actually said that :lol

oh god.

Fifty

I've got a broken controller and I'm still playing my games! What's everyone else's excuse? I knew we should have made it a 20 something game season instead of 32. The way interest is right now it's due time to make changes for a 2nd season or take a break for the holidays since people obviously aren't as into it/available as they once were.

Cloudy

Banned
Konex, did you get your damn 360 back yet?

It shipped yesterday via 3-day :D

By the way, I've lost nearly all respect in you after seeing your post about the Beatles a couple weeks back when you said that you think the Backstreet Boys had more vocal talent than the Beatles (The Beatles didn't have the benefit of computers and mixing software, and besides John and Paul have amazing voices). Had to get that off my chest, it was bothering me.

Dude, be objective. Anyone on the BSB DESTROYS any Beatles singer vocally. Key word here is DESTROYS. I'm not even saying they're better than the Beatles as a band
They are, BTW
. Just pure vocal talent. And they sing acapella a lot so the whole technology thing is BS. Face it, the Beatles were genius musicians but less than mediocre vocalists. FACT! :lol

Don't worry guys, we'll weed out the deadbeats and season 2 should be smoother. I'm also playing all my missed games so don't think it's a free ride to the playoffs!

Fifty

Cloudy said:
Dude, be objective. Anyone on the BSB DESTROYS any Beatles singer vocally. Key word here is DESTROYS. I'm not even saying they're better than the Beatles as a band
They are, BTW
. Just pure vocal talent. And they sing acapella a lot so the whole technology thing is BS. Face it, the Beatles were genius musicians but less than mediocre vocalists. FACT! :lol

I have a theory that you're the most elaborate and committed joke character this site has ever seen. You never cease to keep setting the bar lower when it comes to taste.

Fifty said:
I have a theory that you're the most elaborate and committed joke character this site has ever seen. You never cease to keep setting the bar lower when it comes to taste.

I guess that would explain his opinion of the Backstreet Boys :lol

So I just talked to LakersBob (Pistons owner) on AIM and he said that he's going to quit the league.

CTennisgod3 (1:44:02 PM): hey, i'm in the nba 2k7 league (neogaf season 1). I heard that you were the Pistons player/LakersBob, I'm your next opponent so let me know if you can play

rob1bassbone (1:44:39 PM): i think i'll be leaving the league ctenn

CTennisgod3 (1:45:00 PM): ok just thought i'd check

rob1bassbone (1:45:10 PM): not as active as another league im in. but i appreciate your asking

rob1bassbone (1:47:59 PM): u can feel free to tell any of the administrators u contacted me, and i can't play., so u get the W and not the coin toss

Fifty said:
I've got a broken controller and I'm still playing my games! What's everyone else's excuse? I knew we should have made it a 20 something game season instead of 32. The way interest is right now it's due time to make changes for a 2nd season or take a break for the holidays since people obviously aren't as into it/available as they once were.

I wouldn't mind if we started season 2 soon...

although next week I will have to delay my games. after that, I'm home free.

Fifty

So this loser quits because we're not active enough, yet he doesn't even update his contact info? What a ****ing douche. I'm glad I'm not in that league of his. Dude swatted at the ball carrier in our game like a tweaking junkie.

That's 3 teams now without an owner, and a few more people who haven't officially quit yet.
I think Bluemax has quit. He hasn't played in 5 weeks. I'm not sure about Cerrius. Ah **** it, I'm not the Commish...this ain't my job, I just seem to be this league's #1 fan.

10 weeks to go...Ship is sinking, Konex! If I were running this I'd just start the playoffs with people who give a shit now and then work on getting a tighter season 2

Also...Is the deadline really saturday or did you just forget to update it? I know people aren't around as much, but going from a 3 day deadline to a 7 day one is a bit much.

Matrix

I'm sick of this bs.

End this ****ing league,get the legit people who will play all of their games and lets ****ing roll!

Matrix said:
I'm sick of this bs.

End this ****ing league,get the legit people who will play all of their games and lets ****ing roll!

I'm starting to feel this way too. A 6-12 team season 2 would be nice. I'm not just saying this because I have one of the worst records in the league either. I would gladly finish this season if people were actually willing to play. I would suggest starting the playoffs soon for this season with the top 8 active players or else just skip to the next season if people want that.

I second everybody's comment on here.
And also, I'd vote yes if you guys wanted to do a fantasy draft...

Also, Matrix, I will try to get home 10 CT or so. Maybe our game won't fubar again =/

It seems like top 8 are all active players as well...

Matrix

Pheeniks wants to take advantage of my tired eyes.

Btw Konex or True,please fix my game with Pheeniks so we can play again.

Cloudy

Banned
Alright, guys. Does everyone wanna start over? Would be a shame but I'll do what everyone wants

Interested players:

Myself
Fifty
DM
Jobber
Matrix
Tru
Pheeniks
Juan
Akaballa
Chris James
DCX
Rors
Mally
Shawnmann

Did I leave anyone out? Or include anyone who's out?

edit: Also, Fifty will be co-admin for season 2. No offense, Tru but an admin can't be missing games left and right.
Is Tru even still playing?

Fifty

I don't wanna stop believing but it's looking like that's the right move.

I notice Truelize's name isn't there..I know he's been bitching about Lebron's signature shot, but does he really want out? That'd be a shame.

I see 13 names on your list K...I was thinking 12-14 would be the target #

Matrix

I'd like to start over and but I dont want the trades to get as crazy as they did.

Fifty

We had a discussion about that on the league site. Konex wanted a limited # of trades I believe, and AKA baller wanted a no trade list.

edit: Here's a link to the brief discussion

http://online.2ksports.com/league/board?p=360&l=47165&th=2543

I (The Trade Master) am all for cutting back on the trades, at least when it comes to the superstars. I support trading role players since they could be a missing piece of the puzzle, and it won't really hurt anything IMO

Don't worry........I probably won't be able to use my genius and turn the Raptors into an amazing defensive team. This is all unofficial, I'm just stating my thoughts.

Matrix

I dont mine role player trades or teams that should have players on their team but dont,ex.Rockets/Bonzi Wells

I'm against Superstars being traded in season 2.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Cloudy said:
Alright, guys. Does everyone wanna start over? Would be a shame but I'll do what everyone wants

Interested players:

Myself
Fifty
DM
Jobber
Matrix
Tru
Pheeniks
Juan
Akaballa
Chris James
DCX
Rors
Mally
Shawnmann

Did I leave anyone out? Or include anyone who's out?

edit: Also, Fifty will be co-admin for season 2. No offense, Tru but an admin can't be missing games left and right.
Is Tru even still playing?

Im in

AkaBalla

Clippers - Brand, Maggette, Cassell
Raptors - Bosh, MoPete
Wolves - KG, Davis
Bobcats - Okafor, Wallace
Magic - Howard,
Wizards - Arenas, Jamison
Bucks - Redd,
Kings - Bibby, Artest
Sixers - Iverson,
Nets - Carter, Kidd
Sonics - Allen, Lewis
Celtics - Pierce
Suns - Amare, Nash, Marion
Lakers - Kobe, Odom
Spurs - Duncan, Ginobli
Pacers - Oneal, Harrington
Heat - Oneal, Wade
Mavs - Dirk, Terry
Knicks - Marbury,
Pistons - Rip, R. Wallace, Billups
Rockets - TMac, Yao
Cavs - James, Iggy
Grizzlies - Gasol, Miller
Bulls - Gordan, B. Wallace
Blazers - Randolph, Miles
Jazz - AK
Nuggetts - Anthony, Camby

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
So I get a group of opponents that don't play and it's my fault?? :lol Whatever Konex that is a slap in the face. I go from not working at all for 5 months to working 60 hour weeks and this is the respect I get? No respect. And even if I missed games I was around on AIM more than you and more than Fifty is. He's a busy man too you know.
I also did WAY more than you did as far as talking to new players in the league about what our expectations were for GAF style play. I regulate things.

I'm in for season 2. I want a team that has easy signature shots. That's all. :) And trades have to be reasonable. Konex you crippled this league when you allowed Vince Carter to be traded. You set a precedent that we could never recover from. :)

You had to edit your post to include me? Wow.

Thanks for having my back Fifty. Canadians stick together.

AkaBalla

I also need to post some ideas of how this league will finally work.. Have 32 games and open 6 games per 2 weeks. Or 24 games.. Just a thought, or once the scheudle is generated u play your games in order weeks 1- whatever we decide on.

DCX

DCX
So ok, let me get this straight...the NFL league dies out at the end because...well i don't really know...but it did, especially with possible playoff implications to be decided ( shhhsss let me believe what i want!! ) playoffs teams drops for several reasons and now Season 2 might be played on a GBA? :D Now the 2K7 league has players dropping, coin flip wins and losses and we are talking about a restart of the league due to Vince " i play when i want " Carter?!?!?! That trade happened like day 1?! Why didn't we restart then? This has been a long scouting report for everyone, and now the people who have a jump on things (me) will no doubt struggle as the word is out that i can't shoot a lick :p I'm down with whatever...but boy, alot of time invested for what amounts to an extended pre-season...

DCX

Fifty

I don't know about how many games will be open at one time, but I am going to push for 24 games instead of 32. If season 2 had 20 something games we'd be in the playoffs now and this would be all be fine.

edit: DCX..trades have nothing to do with this. I started bitching here because I noticed hardly anyone was playing their games recently, and I was worried about the league. Then I noticed that the deadline was next saturday and I realized that things shouldn't continue this slow. People seem to agree.

It's up to Konex (or everyone, if he wants to go the way of a poll) what we do now.

Matrix

pheeniks said:
Lovely game Matrix...my team's never shot better :lol

GG :lol

Hey my team was disgusting too.

1/20 on threes,ugh wtf :lol

Matrix said:
GG :lol

Hey my team was disgusting too.

1/20 on threes,ugh wtf :lol

Actually our teams were practically mirror images of each other. Now that I think of it, our rosters are pretty much the same...

I did NOT mean to do the Wade to Kapono alley-oop :D

Fifty

I'm not confident anyone will be playing besides DCX and AkaBaller this week. Maybe once they play we should advance...that's assuming the decision is not to just start the playoffs now. Fifty wants forward momentum! If I'm not playing with my Sacramento Raptors I want to pick a season 2 team!

Games for this week unplayed:

Juan/Bluemax (Bluemax hasn't played recently)
Phoenix/GS (no Golden state owner)
Minny/Clippers (Cerrius not playing)
Dallas/Toronto (No Dallas owner)
Sac/Detroit (No detroit owner)
Cleveland/NJ (I guess they might play)
Utah/Lakers (konex sans 360)

so yeah....

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
If Mal isn't around anymore, i've got 2 free wins :D

the #1 seed isn't locked up yet but then again...I want the #2 seed (lot easier road to the finals)

Top Bottom