• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA League Thread - Season 2!

Fifty

It's a shame that we probably won't have stats in the playoffs. They weren't there last season and after one game I don't see any this year. They could start working, but I'm thinking that playoff stats just don't register. I want to know exactly why I got eliminated.

DMczaf

Jason Terry = Chris Webber when the playoff lights shine. Im THIS close to putting White Chocolate next to Wade in Game 2

jason_terry.jpg

2-23 FG

3250.jpg

11-19 FG

Fifty

Man, DM, that game was Uggly. In the first half you had the worst luck I've ever seen, missing every easy shot around the basket. I was laughing it was so unrealistic, and in the second half when you started jacking shots up with Jason Williams..and almost every one went in, I was laughing at my own bad luck. That game never felt right. I hope the rest are better.

DMczaf

I didnt even know I cut your 35 pt lead to like 7 pts in the 4th quarter, I was just shooting with White Chocolate and maybe they would go in. Then I look at the score and think its an error. Jason Terry...man. You got shown up!

Time for playoff drama!

terry_84247.jpg

"If Coach DMczaf feels this is the right move, then I'm with him 100%...or until my contract is up"

Fifty

it was ridiculous. My offense was awful at that point (I just ran out of steam and couldn't figure out what to do) but you were just jacking them and the lead evaporated. Considering how much bad luck you had when I was building the lead, I think the luck evened out..I'm just annoyed with how unrealistic the game played.

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
WTF, Lakers were in the playoffs for a grand total of 3 hours :lol
w00t! After that first game, and how the 2nd quarter turned out the second game, I just gave up. I'M FREE OF THIS GAME! No season 3 for me!

*runs*

Btw- good work, fifty. This league will actually make it and a lot of it is because of you. :thumbsup

Also, big ups to everyone for sticking with it. Good league all around.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
in the 4th quarter I was playing 5 on 6

It was just a random guy from the Warriors standing in the middle of the court :lol
224ib3.jpg

JuanMR2

jobber said:
in the 4th quarter I was playing 5 on 6

It was just a random guy from the Warriors standing in the middle of the court :lol
224ib3.jpg

That was Troy Murphy, I sent him out there to injure Jackson.

DCX

DCX
This will mark my last season of league play. I will finish out my serries with Malley, and the Fantasy league then i am done. i am just broken done...just to much with this game. Great premise but i'm just disappointed with alot of things with the game that makes the game pretty much a chore right now, from having to box out manually because apparently this has to done, right Aka ;)

The memorization of shot release no matter how good a player is, the only thing needed is the right release. So in theory, CJ Miles is all pro with deadly aim and guys like Baron Davis, Larry Hughes and JJ Reddick are nothing more than brick layers ( last playoff game not withstanding for Hughes ) I just don't enjoy it anymore. And no, it's not because i am losing. I had a great time playing my first Madden league with the Bills and i think i went 3-15. It's the way games are won and lost. It's more of what can you learn than how you can play.

My basketball IQ is very high, as a player and from a third party perspective, but it means nothing...a 5 yr old with alot of time can master this game without knowing much about basketball and i refuse to change my mindset about the great game of basketball for a video game! /rant.

DCX

Fifty

DMczaf said:
Wanna play game 2 fifty? White Chocolate is up late and bored.

Tell white chocolate to suck my white chocolate penis. No game, I'm not rushing this.

The memorization of shot release no matter how good a player is, the only thing needed is the right release. So in theory, CJ Miles is all pro with deadly aim and guys like Baron Davis, Larry Hughes and JJ Reddick are nothing more than brick layers ( last playoff game not withstanding for Hughes ) I just don't enjoy it anymore. And no, it's not because i am losing. I had a great time playing my first Madden league with the Bills and i think i went 3-15. It's the way games are won and lost. It's more of what can you learn than how you can play.

This, along with other time-related reasons is why I won't be back for a Season 3.

jobber

JuanMR2 said:
That was Troy Murphy, I sent him out there to injure Jackson.

the irony is I got the green light to trade him to you to mimic the real deal

sadcam.gif

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'm so sick of this game and Madden.

New hottness is Crackdown,Street and soon Baseball games.

Rorschach

Matrix said:
I'm so sick of this game and Madden.

New hottness is Crackdown,Street and soon Baseball games.
I'm finally getting crackdown on monday (stupid UPS *shakes fist*) and MLB on tuesday! GOOD TIMES! Street sucks, though. :|

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rorschach said:
I'm finally getting crackdown on monday (stupid UPS *shakes fist*) and MLB on tuesday! GOOD TIMES! Street sucks, though. :|

Heh I'm actually enjoying it,maybe cause ive been playing against my brother.

Its better than the last street by far.

DCX

DCX
Malleymal said:
Wow Crackdown is really doing it.... it has invaded many other threads like this, really is a kilelr app..
Hey Malley, i think i would to try to end the series tonight if you have time. I'm not going to concede anything, i think i have you figured out :p I will make a run at the tin!

DCX

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
DCX said:
This will mark my last season of league play. I will finish out my serries with Malley, and the Fantasy league then i am done. i am just broken done...just to much with this game. Great premise but i'm just disappointed with alot of things with the game that makes the game pretty much a chore right now, from having to box out manually because apparently this has to done, right Aka ;)

My basketball IQ is very high, as a player and from a third party perspective, but it means nothing...a 5 yr old with alot of time can master this game without knowing much about basketball and i refuse to change my mindset about the great game of basketball for a video game! /rant.

DCX

Well put man. I'm done with this game too.

Like DCX said this game is not about playing smart basketball, it's about playing a video game well.
I'm tired of losing to people that take advantage of what the game offers rather than playing legit basketball. I'm not trying to be sour grapes. I understand that people have figured out ways to do these things and that it is a game. But watching C.J.Miles shoot 80%, Yao Ming turn and dive towards an inbounds pass that he couldn't have seen and have people not play any manual defense and call double teams consistently while they float the passing lanes has worn me out.

I'm gonna finish my fantasy games though. No worries there. Cause even with the negatives I still find the game fun at times.

But we don't have random games anymore. When I play people I know what I'm gonna see. It's just a matter of memorization and execution. And a sports game shouldn't play like that.

It's been an awesome year though. But Crackdown and NBA Street are so much more fun right now that all I want to do is get all 1000 achievement points with NBA2k7 and never see it again.

Matrix

"But Crackdown and NBA Street are so much more fun right now that all I want to do is get all 1000 achievement points with NBA2k7 and never see it again."

Good luck getting the 20 wins achievement,it took me like a week,damn quitters and cheesers.

jobber

Matrix said:
"But Crackdown and NBA Street are so much more fun right now that all I want to do is get all 1000 achievement points with NBA2k7 and never see it again."

Good luck getting the 20 wins achievement,it took me like a week,damn quitters and cheesers.

or you could play a friend looking for the same achievements

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
whoa what is with all the CJ miles hate???

D League didnt even avg 15 points in two wins... he was the third leading scorer in both games and thats even with a triple overtime game factored in, with D.williams having 29 and Mehmet having 19.

I think that the game is far from perfect and I am sorry if I dont have a marquee player to force shots with, but I have the worst ranked offense in the game and I have to make it work somehow. Boozer shoots like he is launching a 45 pound bowling ball in the air. Dont let me get into Brewer.

DCX tonight is cool...

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Malleymal said:
whoa what is with all the CJ miles hate???

D League didnt even avg 15 points in two wins... he was the third leading scorer in both games and thats even with a triple overtime game factored in, with D.williams having 29 and Mehmet having 19.

I think that the game is far from perfect and I am sorry if I dont have a marquee player to force shots with, but I have the worst ranked offense in the game and I have to make it work somehow. Boozer shoots like he is launching a 45 pound bowling ball in the air. Dont let me get into Brewer.

DCX tonight is cool...

No one is calling you out on anything. It's a simple fact that I have played against you and C.J.Miles shot better than every player on my team. He faced tight defensive pressure and was guarded by all stars. Game is just broken in that respect.

The biggest thing that is bad with this game is that it's GAF games are not spontaneous anymore. Everything is so scripted. And that isn't as fun.

Fifty said:
What fun is that? Playing games just for achievements got old over a year ago. Play for fun not for meaningless points. Unless you're Truelize ..

http://live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/profile.aspx?pp=0&GamerTag=Truelize

Well 100% of my achievements are legit and earned and I'll admit I'm completely addicted to them. Best thing to ever happen to console gaming for me. I'm the guy that finished all three of the GTA games at 100%. That's over 400 hours combined. So it's not like I'm playing games any differently that I used too. But now I'm trying things in games that I never would have. Achievements have given me reason to keep playing games I would have given up on.

But I'll be getting the 1000 points for NBA2k7, and I really don't care if its legit at all.

jobber

Truelize said:
No one is calling you out on anything. It's a simple fact that I have played against you and C.J.Miles shot better than every player on my team. He faced tight defensive pressure and was guarded by all stars. Game is just broken in that respect.

You ever take into consideration that the Sonics can't play D? Much like the Suns, you'll have to play that run and shoot offense. Find another go to shooter outside the star. That's how I use the Pacers and it worked. If you do have another good scorer, let him run with the bench if they suck. That way he's rested and ready to score when the starters are tired. It works. I benched Cabbage Patch until OT in my game with the Jazz and he scored 9 points in 2 minutes.

Rorschach

Truelize said:
Well 100% of my achievements are legit and earned and I'll admit I'm completely addicted to them. Best thing to ever happen to console gaming for me. I'm the guy that finished all three of the GTA games at 100%. That's over 400 hours combined. So it's not like I'm playing games any differently that I used too. But now I'm trying things in games that I never would have. Achievements have given me reason to keep playing games I would have given up on.

But I'll be getting the 1000 points for NBA2k7, and I really don't care if its legit at all.
You don't have much time for gaming anymore, but you keep playing games you should have given up on because they're SHIT. You have some huge stinkers on that list. :lol

AkaBalla

Truelize use the Spurs Next Season, I promise you'll have a better time, except when you play me.. I'm a 2k Programmer i know all the flaws in the game, thats my little secret.

jobber

AkaBalla said:
Truelize use the Spurs Next Season, I promise you'll have a better time, except when you play me.. I'm a 2k Programmer i know all the flaws in the game, thats my little secret.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Good luck finding Parker's jumpshot

I just got up to date with this thread, and I won't be in S3 because of time constraints but if anybody ever wants to play a game online, get me on AIM...I need to have a good game once in a while.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
AkaBalla said:

Not interested. Cause you'll still find a way to do blind diving steals with your post players and cut off every fastbreak pass that I try. Game is broken man. The defensive AI is too good at times. There is just no way that the defense would be able to cut-off the passes I see it do. Heck even in the half court you throw and pass and some defensive player will jump away from the ball with his hand up and magically get a tip and then every defensive player will pay attention to where the ball is going and get the loose ball. But the next possession down the offense will get a shot and the defense wont even box out, ball will fall in between three defensive player's feet and Earl Boykins will run in and get the rebound.

Game is broken.

Rorschach said:
You don't have much time for gaming anymore, but you keep playing games you should have given up on because they're SHIT. You have some huge stinkers on that list. :lol

What games are stinkers?

jobber

Truelize said:
Not interested. Cause you'll still find a way to do blind diving steals with your post players and cut off every fastbreak pass that I try. Game is broken man. The defensive AI is too good at times. There is just no way that the defense would be able to cut-off the passes I see it do. Heck even in the half court you throw and pass and some defensive player will jump away from the ball with his hand up and magically get a tip and then every defensive player will pay attention to where the ball is going and get the loose ball. But the next possession down the offense will get a shot and the defense wont even box out, ball will fall in between three defensive player's feet and Earl Boykins will run in and get the rebound.

Game is broken.

I agree with you!

No way Yao should be able to catch up with my guards on a fast break

AkaBalla

Its not just Yao its any freaking player.. The game is broke fine, i agree but when will we not have broken games?

Maybe all of us going to the local gym and paying $50 a month at the YMCA to run our leagues. Real basketball, who's down?

DCX

DCX
AkaBalla said:
Its not just Yao its any freaking player.. The game is broke fine, i agree but when will we not have broken games?

Maybe all of us going to the local gym and paying $50 a month at the YMCA to run our leagues. Real basketball, who's down?
:lol :lol :lol Man don't be pissed, but i'm down i would kill you guys! By the way, NBA Live 95 was not a broken game, neither was Tecmo Bowl, FIFA Soccer for 3Do, i could go on... :D

DCX

Rorschach

Truelize said:
What games are stinkers?
Well, for starters, you seem to hate this game and you're frustrated as hell by it. Not to mention, playing random people online would be a horrible chore.

DCX: Tecmo bowl? I'd pwn you guys with Bo Jackson.

Not that the game was broken. It was just being ultra sim. Bo ruled!

AkaBalla

Tecmo Bowl DCX? Tecmo Bowl? Oh yea that game wasnt broken at all. Just running in zig zags would make you score a TD. That wasnt broken at all. :lol

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Ummmmm DCX tonight we can play, and if we were playing in real life, I would have the game on lock... Im that nice..

DCX

DCX
AkaBalla said:
Tecmo Bowl DCX? Tecmo Bowl? Oh yea that game wasnt broken at all. Just running in zig zags would make you score a TD. That wasnt broken at all. :lol
it wasn't broken it was designed that way you fool! Same with if you guessed right on D it would blitz...again not broken :p

DCX

DCX

DCX
Malleymal said:
Ummmmm DCX tonight we can play, and if we were playing in real life, I would have the game on lock... Im that nice..
I doubt it. But either way, i'm ready whenever you are.

DCX

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
AkaBalla said:

Real basketball? I'm in!! Finally something I could beat you all at. :)

Rorschach said:
Well, for starters, you seem to hate this game and you're frustrated as hell by it. Not to mention, playing random people online would be a horrible chore.

I don't hate this game. It's just a shame that the games are scripted now. If Ray doesn't shoot good from the start I know exactly how my game will go. And I'm not good enough at this game to find new ways to take advantage of it's short comings. I've tried.
But I try to play it too realistically. Therefore if the computer version of a player doesn't respond like his real life counterpart I'm screwed.
It's a weakness.

But I did say I still find the game fun.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
DCX said:
I doubt it. But either way, i'm ready whenever you are.

DCX

Hahahah you really think you can beat me... nice man.. i appreciate the confidence.. U signed off, I just got out the shower and thought we were game

DCX

DCX
My bad...i was dead tired last night...maybe tonight if everything works in our favor...i should have told you...we should ball one day, get wellie on the horn, shawn you guys are all in the tri state area no?

DCX

Top Bottom