• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA League Thread - Season 2!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:
Fifty I tried to play True...he didnt want to,he said he couldnt deal with the game right now.

ok cb.

It was a league game? Sorry man. I thought it was for the fantasy league and therefore we had plenty of time.

Oops.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I finished at .500 for the season.

I am the true definition of mediocrity in NBA2K7

*Glances at the 10-1 madden record*

Yup, feel better...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
ColdBlooded33 said:
I finished at .500 for the season.

I am the true definition of mediocrity in NBA2K7

*Glances at the 10-1 madden record*

Yup, feel better...

muahahahaha :lol

but you knocked me out of 2k7....grrrrr

Its all good true.

Damn, another 2k7 league finished for me, and another sub-par season. Yay! I have a bad feeling that is going to be my last 2k7 official neogaf league game until 2k8 (hint hint let's have a season 3 at some point this spring).

GG Rorschach you deserved the win... why did I have to say I would win?

Rorschach

GG Chris. I see the servers are still struggling....

AkaBalla said:
#7 Heat = 127 + Game Vs Hornets = 2 or 3 wins

#8 Lakers = 124 + Game vs Pistons 9 or 10 wins

#9 Orlando = 109 + Game vs Seattle 5, 6 or 7 wins & Game vs Chicago 11 or 12 wins

#10 Chicago = 105 + Game vs Magic 10, 11 or 12 wins

#11 Clippers = 85 + Game vs Houston 20, 21 or 22 wins & game vs Mavs 16, 17 or 18 wins

If playoffs ended today
How come I'm still 8th seed? Alphabetical!

Now I have to face aka -_-

DAMN YOU, 2K!

DMczaf

Rorschach said:
How come I'm still 8th seed? Alphabetical!

bloghighfivezq5.jpg

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
ColdBlooded33 said:
WHERE IS YOUR CURSE NOW!?

In every copy of Madden football.

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
Damn you! You got a free win, too! Better PPG average, better SOS...can't tell PPGAgainst because 2k doesn't think defensive stats matter, but I bet it's better too. :'(

I hope fifty destroys you!

T_T

Matrix

DMczaf

That would be insane. I went from 3-10 to 13-11 and now I have a shot at the 5th seed in the playoffs. Jason Terry (and 2K's no divisions or real tiebreakers!!) better win MVP!!

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
That would be insane. I went from 3-10 to 13-11 and now I have a shot at the 5th seed in the playoffs. Jason Terry (and 2K's no divisions or real tiebreakers!!) better win MVP!!
:lol Oh shit, I'd jump up to 6th.

DMczaf

I'd rather avoid 6-8 (nothing against DCX, but you don't have the Rockets, Mavs, or Jacksons). That would be a waste of a playoff run playing either of those teams. Come on Jazz and Warriors! Mail it in!

Rorschach

I'd be set at 5th if it wasn't for that retarded loss...fux.

Now that I think about it, I don't want to be 6th... Jax in the first round...but if I'm seventh, friggin' Shaq. -_- Yeah, I'd rather face one Jax. Shaq is unstoppable. ...but that means I have to root for Jax.

Oh, and if Pacers lose and Cleveland wins, Cleveland is the 3rd seed!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Bah. I'd at least have been in the playoff hunt if I didn't start in such a deep hole this season. (And I am a game below .500 in fantasy. :( )

DCX

DCX
DMczaf said:
I'd rather avoid 6-8 (nothing against DCX, but you don't have the Rockets, Mavs, or Jacksons). That would be a waste of a playoff run playing either of those teams. Come on Jazz and Warriors! Mail it in!
It's all good, i'm more dangerous than all these teams put together. I'm as good as an elite team, yet i'm as bad as ...well, True :p You never know which team will show up. Speaking of, True we have a game to play, the last game of this up and down season.

DCX

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Rorschach said:
I'd be set at 5th if it wasn't for that retarded loss...fux.

Now that I think about it, I don't want to be 6th... Jax in the first round...but if I'm seventh, friggin' Shaq. -_- Yeah, I'd rather face one Jax. Shaq is unstoppable. ...but that means I have to root for Jax.

Oh, and if Pacers lose and Cleveland wins, Cleveland is the 3rd seed!

:lol @ me losing

I should mail it just to shake things up. I was 3 missed free throws from being #2. :\

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
:(

I'm missing two games against Juan, a game against Jobba, and my last game against Konex. I'm 9-14. If I played those three games which were never played and counted as losses I could go to 12-11, possibly 13-11 if I sweep all four of those remaining games. That would put me right into the playoff race. But, if it is alphabetical by name then I'd be 9th seed. Am I understanding this correctly?

AkaBalla

The standings are alphabetical order. As for the playoff seedings it will change i can assure that. But we'll wait until the playoffs are generated for the tiebreakers and such.

Going by the numbers the Heat would be the #8 seed.

Good news, guys. I got a letter telling me that my cable provider will be upgrading and "improving" the fiber optic service around here...and my net hasn't been messing round recently. So if you guys form a new league or need a sub, let me know.

Fifty

I think sunday night should be the deadline for this final week. Hopefully people are done by then but having the playoffs start no later than monday just sounds right.

Rorschach

Maybe you can try to get your games in before then, Wellie. Would be a shame if there was a chance and you weren't able to participate.

jobber

Fifty said:
I think sunday night should be the deadline for this final week. Hopefully people are done by then but having the playoffs start no later than monday just sounds right.

Excellent. If CK wants his other game with me, I'll be happy to beat him for justice and to boost my stats.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
the Jazz are the toughest team to play in a 3 game series... all of my victims from last years championship run know that as fact... Regular seasons are for the birds..

Rorschach

Has there been any acknowledgement about the sudden instability of the servers by 2k or are they oblivious to the fact? It's kind of a chore to play in those conditions.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
Maybe you can try to get your games in before then, Wellie. Would be a shame if there was a chance and you weren't able to participate.

I mean I am not going to push the issue because when I checked Juan MR2 had sent me a PM and we just never hooked up, so it's my fault. And chances are Jobber will wipe me out as revenge anyway. :lol

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Fifty said:
Good thing it's a 5 game series. CJ Miles' luck will run out soon enough.

Damn 5 game series???? so I have to play a total of 9 games to repeat as champ??? BS ..... I dont have that type of time.. lets get this started...

I am resting my starters against Jobber so CJ "D league" Miles will have an overload of luck for the post season.

jobber

Malleymal said:
Damn 5 game series???? so I have to play a total of 9 games to repeat as champ??? BS ..... I dont have that type of time.. lets get this started...

I am resting my starters against Jobber so CJ "D league" Miles will have an overload of luck for the post season.

So when do you want to lose?

errr: better yet...since you don't care, is it ok I run up the score?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix. I'm around. Let's get our game in.

Still looking for my first ever win against you in any online game. You are my kryptonite.

Matrix

I cant right now,my nephew is over till midnight.

JuanMR2

Wellington said:
:(

I'm missing two games against Juan, a game against Jobba, and my last game against Konex. I'm 9-14. If I played those three games which were never played and counted as losses I could go to 12-11, possibly 13-11 if I sweep all four of those remaining games. That would put me right into the playoff race. But, if it is alphabetical by name then I'd be 9th seed. Am I understanding this correctly?

PM me or post what times you're available so we can get those two games played. I have a business trip to L.A. Friday so I won't be available that day. You got a chance of knocking me out of the playoffs.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
jobber said:
So when do you want to lose?

errr: better yet...since you don't care, is it ok I run up the score?

Its whatever.... I am good to go later tonight after I get out the gym.. just hit me on Aim

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
JuanMR2 said:
PM me or post what times you're available so we can get those two games played. I have a business trip to L.A. Friday so I won't be available that day. You got a chance of knocking me out of the playoffs.

Wow that is brutal. :lol Friday I have the day off (largely), Saturday I am taking a test early morning and then leaving on a ski trip, coming back Sunday night. I do have Monday off tho.

You're on the west coast right? Maybe we could just go at it Sunday night?

JuanMR2

Wellington said:
Wow that is brutal. :lol Friday I have the day off (largely), Saturday I am taking a test early morning and then leaving on a ski trip, coming back Sunday night. I do have Monday off tho.

You're on the west coast right? Maybe we could just go at it Sunday night?

Saturday 7pm PST work?

AkaBalla

GG Juan.. I rested Tmac before the Playoffs if you were wondering why he wasnt on the floor... I couldnt bare no injuries going into the playoffs..

Good Luck in ur series.

JuanMR2

AkaBalla said:
GG Juan.. I rested Tmac before the Playoffs if you were wondering why he wasnt on the floor... I couldnt bare no injuries going into the playoffs..

Good Luck in ur series.

Yeah gg, you shot really well and I took too many bad threes. Thanks for giving me the ball back after that animation forced Baron Davis out on the inbound pass. You and Chris James get lots of props for that.

You still have a chance at getting in Coldblooded. You too Wellington

jobber

DMczaf said:
37 shots to get 37 pts.

What a performance.

I was shooting 18% through the first 13 minutes. Wide open shots clanking out. Didn't find my timing until I got off the phone. That 37th shot was the game winner!

jobber

AkaBalla said:
JAX should be MVP!!! Especially with this stat line

http://online.2ksports.com/league/game?p=360&l=58730&g=3088388

damn skippy. 1 of his most productive stat lines all season! 5 dimes, 4 boards, and 4 steals. It's hard to get those type of stats when I have a guard AND a power forward guarding him, but that's the type of player he is. Overcoming the odds to stick it to the man!

lets not forget his game winning plays: First stealing the inbounds pass vs. Dallas then 2 free throws to win the game and tonight vs. the Jazz with the shot to send it into OT and with the ugly layup to win the game in OT.

Top Bottom