• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA '11 Xbox 360 Online Dynasty V2: Jack English - The Early Years

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I lull people into a false sense of security by throwing incomplete passes and then bam! Eemeril Lagasse style deep pass complete for a td!

I dropped two for sure int's, madden skills with the Y button didn't help :\ The rushing game is good, you were killing me with it. You were kinda rusty on the option plays though.

LukeSmith

Playing NCAA I feel like Pheenix feels playing Madden. I don't know if the RichRod spread is going to work for me. I am going to have to recruit a pocket passer and switch to an NFL style offense.

Ramirez

Matrix said:
I lull people into a false sense of security by throwing incomplete passes and then bam! Eemeril Lagasse style deep pass complete for a td!

I dropped two for sure int's, madden skills with the Y button didn't help :\ The rushing game is good, you were killing me with it. You were kinda rusty on the option plays though.

Yea, one of the dropped INTs was the result of me trying to throw in anticipation, which doesn't work. This is like the first NCAA game I've played in years, so I'm no Option savant, the time you had my QB head over heels and I still tossed it out was hilarious though, I could see much rage coming from option plays in the Dynasty.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
That play was insane, couple of plays by in that game had me shaking my head.

Players who get the option play down are going to wreck shit up.

Smokey

Once I recruit 4-5 star players to UH on defense we will be in good position!

AND wtf why does option not work for me

Matrix

Smokey said:
Once I recruit 4-5 star players to UH on defense we will be in good position!

AND wtf why does option not work for me

Do you just suck at it? You pressing the right button :p

The Cougs O is sweet, their D not so much.

edit- I really need this avatar changed

Smokey

Matrix said:
Do you just suck at it? You pressing the right button :p

The Cougs O is sweet, their D not so much.

edit- I really need this avatar changed

I think I am:lol

you still can't change your avy lol

Matrix

Smokey said:
I think I am:lol

you still can't change your avy lol

You got to wait at the right time and press the left trigger button. Kinda hold it down and run and then let go of the button. At least that's how I was doing it.

No I can't and never will be able to again it seems. I went into the NBA thread just now to see if he would change it. Of course I have to talk shit to get it done.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Match #2 was uggggly. It was a pure Gene Stallings type score of 7-0. There's a huge AI jump between Varisty and All American. Not doing too well with McElroy, his accuracy seems to be all over the place.

possibly the worst offensive game of football i have ever seen against lonestar. he won 7-0 late in the 4th on an outside run. if you take away that 50 yarder, mr. 99 or whatever that heisman backs name is had less than 2 ypc. and then of course when i possibly consider to sniff the redzone FUMBLEEEEEE on the same play. i'll make you a contender stanford!

Matrix

FMT, I can make you feel better with a W.

Want to scrim?

Lonestar

FrenchMovieTheme said:
possibly the worst offensive game of football i have ever seen against lonestar. he won 7-0 late in the 4th on an outside run. if you take away that 50 yarder, mr. 99 or whatever that heisman backs name is had less than 2 ypc. and then of course when i possibly consider to sniff the redzone FUMBLEEEEEE on the same play. i'll make you a contender stanford!

There already are a contender :p

Having 2 or 3 wide open deep balls, only for McElroy to throw it 20 yards away from the WR...

I did like that Cal game, Boom 14-0 :/

It's late, and I'd like another game, but I probably shouldn't.

Matrix

Damn it all to hell.

Ok cool.

Lone, you know you want an easy W!

Striker

LukeSmith said:
Playing NCAA I feel like Pheenix feels playing Madden. I don't know if the RichRod spread is going to work for me. I am going to have to recruit a pocket passer and switch to an NFL style offense.
I'll use Marshall, and they got the Pistol and other spread like options for it. But I'm more of a pocket guy and like my WR's kind of big. I'll be recruiting closely.

Game is ace!

the game is a refreshing change from madden.... in that defense is so overpowered. if you play against one of the higher tier teams, their LB's and CB's are basically running your receivers routes before they run them. i was playing lonestar and i had my TE running an out late. well to start, the LB was lined up far inside (to where if my TE was running a slant or an in, he would be completely shut down). JUST as my TE is about to make his break, the freaking LB jets to the OTHER side of him, leaving the route useless or i run the risk of a pick.

it doesn't happen every down but the D is ruthless in this game. and don't bother spamming the flats either, that shit is done unless there is a massive blitz or the LB/CB/S is on the opposite side of the RB and can't get there

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
LukeSmith said:
If you'd beaten Birdman in Madden 10 it would've been yours

If Austin Collie wasnt such a god damn pussy maybe that would have happened

Matrix

Cougs cant even come close to hanging with Bama :lol

I got my ass torn a new one.

Lonestar

Matrix said:
Cougs cant even come close to hanging with Bama :lol

I got my ass torn a new one.

Yeah, wasn't sure what I was supposed to do after a bit. The Running was "more open" than against that Stanford D.

Alabama's D...it's not fair.

Which matches real life...well...last years :D.

But I'm LOVING the amount of choices in the playbooks. I know there's a shitload more when going to spreads, and triple options. Even Auburn's goofy offense is in there.

But loving the Pistol and wildcat options in Alabama's single back. Plus, the shotgun with the 2 WR's to one side, and 2 TE's on the other. Runs that little toss play (what scored the TD against FMT). That's straight out of the South Carolina game last year @ 1:20

Matrix

Cougs D isn't known for jack shit, I wasn't shocked that you ran all over me. I felt bad because the game kept knocking you for being unsportsmanlike :lol

Lonestar

Matrix said:
Cougs D isn't known for jack shit, I wasn't shocked that you ran all over me. I felt bad because the game kept knocking you for being unsportsmanlike :lol

:lol

I ran outside on 3rd down, got a first down and stopped (would have been a TD)

BOOM -75 Sportsman points. :lol

stanford has a pretty good D-line and an impact LB so I can usually contain runs. secondary isn't bad either.

stanfords problem (or my problem i guess) is that they have SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW receivers. i can't get any separation unless it's on a PA fake and the CB just completely bites on it. they are a great running team but then people just start stacking the line like a motherfucker

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:
stanford has a pretty good D-line and an impact LB so I can usually contain runs. secondary isn't bad either.

stanfords problem (or my problem i guess) is that they have SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW receivers. i can't get any separation unless it's on a PA fake and the CB just completely bites on it. they are a great running team but then people just start stacking the line like a motherfucker

Let me tap that ass again

LukeSmith said:
Let me tap that ass again

lol gots to wake up early tomorrow! plus you turned your back on forcier!

p.s. can't believe i blew that fg! that game was destined for OT. and actually if stanfords qb didn't have a fucking noodle arm i had that dude wide open for a TD but you got over there too fast (should've actually been picked with how fast you got there!) garbo!

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol gots to wake up early tomorrow! plus you turned your back on forcier!

p.s. can't believe i blew that fg! that game was destined for OT. and actually if stanfords qb didn't have a fucking noodle arm i had that dude wide open for a TD but you got over there too fast (should've actually been picked with how fast you got there!) garbo!

Come on, don't be casual

Lonestar

Late on this (Photobucket didn't get the emailed pictures loaded for a few hours...)

But did anyone else's copy from Dell come in this very odd shipping sleeve?

2010-07-13173326-1.jpg

BigAT

Lonestar said:
Late on this (Photobucket didn't get the emailed pictures loaded for a few hours...)

Yep, it was real crappy. It's like their shipping department has access to nothing but leftover brown paper bags from supermarkets.

Lonestar said:

2010-07-13173326-1.jpg

Your thumb is totally freaking me out.

Lonestar

Azwethinkweiz said:
Your thumb is totally freaking me out.

Firework Disaster. Turned my hand into something Picasso would be proud of.

Combonation of Camera angle and grip on shoddy packaging.

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
the game is a refreshing change from madden.... in that defense is so overpowered. if you play against one of the higher tier teams, their LB's and CB's are basically running your receivers routes before they run them. i was playing lonestar and i had my TE running an out late. well to start, the LB was lined up far inside (to where if my TE was running a slant or an in, he would be completely shut down). JUST as my TE is about to make his break, the freaking LB jets to the OTHER side of him, leaving the route useless or i run the risk of a pick.

it doesn't happen every down but the D is ruthless in this game. and don't bother spamming the flats either, that shit is done unless there is a massive blitz or the LB/CB/S is on the opposite side of the RB and can't get there

I played CB last night (who uses USC) and I was initially concerned about how overpowered you said the DBs where when you played him. I found that for the most part if you can stay in the pocket or buy yourself a little bit of time you should be ok.

Besides some dumb throws that were my fault (which resulted in INTs) I was still able to hit my guy against in some tight windows against his star CB. You made it sound like it was panic city with the DBs the way you were talking after your match:lol

CB3

is it just me or is the CPU Pass rush on Heisman (atleast in Road to glory) on some unreal shit

BigAT

DMczaf said:
From all this talk, I'm starting to think me picking UNLV is not a good idea? :lol
Play a game against Alabama and see how you do.

I used them in a game for some achievements. If Lone's gameplan consists of anything besides dropping back and tapping whatever button Julio Jones is, he's making it more complex than he needs to. I didn't even have to use Ingram, who is a beast just by himself.

Lonestar

BigAT said:
Play a game against Alabama and see how you do.

I used them in a game for some achievements. If Lone's gameplan consists of anything besides dropping back and tapping whatever button Julio Jones is, he's making it more complex than he needs to. I didn't even have to use Ingram, who is a beast just by himself.

My game against FMT (as Stanford), Julio was open on some deep PA passes. It's that McElroy can miss him.

Still learning some of the new functions of the running game. Just read up today on the Right Stick functions, can't wait to try that out in more detail.

My game against Matrix as Houston... :/ I think I threw the ball 6 times. Ran it about 18 times with Ingram for 200 some odd yards.

Ramirez

DMczaf said:
From all this talk, I'm starting to think me picking UNLV is not a good idea? :lol

From the talk of USC being impossible to throw against, I'm starting to think it would be more fun if everyone had weak teams and built them up. There has to be a reason the other guys do it that way. :p

LosDaddie

Banned
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask, but whatever....

Is there an XBL gamertag for this game so that we meet up with other GAFers? You know, like there is for most MP games on GAF?

CB3

Ramirez said:
From the talk of USC being impossible to throw against, I'm starting to think it would be more fun if everyone had weak teams and built them up. There has to be a reason the other guys do it that way. :p

Maybe is the same reason their thread is half the size of ours.

Lonestar

LosDaddie said:
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask, but whatever....

Is there an XBL gamertag for this game so that we meet up with other GAFers? You know, like there is for most MP games on GAF?

We've never used that trick.

I have most of "Football game" GAF on friends list. Figure that's what most of us are doing.

Top Bottom