• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 10 Online Dynasty Thread

GCQuinton

2rggktu.jpg

Current Week: Dynasty Completed

National Champions:

2me1eh4.jpg

Heisman Trophy Winners:

14nztza.jpg

Basic Rules:

1. Play legit. If I have to explain this at length, think twice about signing up.
2. Get your games in on time. If you know you're not going to be around for a game (or two, or ten) let me know and I'll put your team on autopilot (CPU-controlled) until you return.
3. Vets have priority in joining. If you're new and are serious about joining up, simply leave your name and gamertag in the thread and I'll add it to the waiting list.
3. New For This Year's Dynasty: This online dynasty is being run "career" style. As such, all members must select (or create for vets) a team that has a prestige of three stars or less.

Other Rules:

1. Games will be played at the All-American difficulty (with modified sliders) with seven minute quarters.
2. In those games against the CPU where you're flat out dominating, you will be required to mass sub your second offensive and defensive teams into the game once you're leading by 35 points.
2a. To expand on this more, once you reach the 50 point mark, run the clock out on offense pre-snap and run clock killing plays until the game's over (no matter what quarter you're in). For games that still go past 60 and 70 points, I'll get in touch with the team owner first and issue a warning. If it happens again, the game (and any that follow breaking the rule) get thrown out and simmed for what basically amounts to excessively padding stats.
2b. New For This Year's Dynasty: Once you're up by 35 points, it's required that you turn the "Chew The Clock" option in the playcalling menu on.
3. In weeks where there is more than one all-human matchup, there will be a 4 day window to play your games. In weeks where it's one or less, it'll be a 3 day window.
4. While I encourage everyone to post in the thread, a good portion of the members of this dynasty don't. For that reason, be sure to contact your opponents via PM or Xbox Live messaging in the situations where they don't.
5. All members will required to play at least four human controlled opponents in a season.
6. Weeks will be advanced immediately after everyone's games have been played. This essentially means to take care of your recruiting ASAP, because I'm not waiting for you to do it anymore. It doesn't take that long to do, and was a slight hangup for a few of us during season one. Hate to be an ass about this one, but I gotta keep things moving. If you don't want to handle the recruiting yourself, let the CPU take over and set the Ready to Advance notice so we can move on.
6a. New For This Year's Dynasty: This one's not so much a new thing since I did it last year, but more so making it official: Deadlines are Midnight EST the following day of whatever day is the deadline. Example: If the Deadline is Tuesday, I advance on Wednesday at midnight EST.
7. New For This Year's Dynasty: While Create-A-Team is new for this year, only vets will be allowed to take advantage of the feature due to their proven reliability. That said, if you are a vet and choose to create a team BE SURE you're gonna be around because if you ditch we're all stuck with your creation. In addition, other than replacing schools with create-a-teams, there will be no custom conferences.

Rules regarding coaching changes:

We will be using a point system for current users (and former for those who want to come back) for changing jobs since Online Dynasty doesn't offer the ability to. This is being used well by a number of other dynasties in other communities, and is a fair way to give both small and big-time schools a chance for advancement if they earn it.

For now, this will only be limited to people who want to change schools. If you guys wanna add an expanded version of this where you can get fired too, just let me know"

Regular Season Points:

(Wins x 2) - (Losses x 2) Eg. a record of (10-3) = 14 points
5 points for winning your conference
5 points for coach of the year award
5 points for going to a BCS bowl game
3 points for winning a bowl game (BCS or not)
1 point for beating a top 25 team
2 points for beating a user
-2 points for losing to a user

Here are the "prices" of moving to a new school. You "spend" the points you have accumulated and keep what is leftover.

Based on star caliber, losses, and ranking.

2 ** = 20 pts
3 *** = 30 points
4 **** = 50 points
5 ***** = 80 points
6 ****** = 120 points

Penalties for moving to schools with good records:

Loss > 3 = No penalty
Loss = 3 = 10 points

Loss = 2 = 20 points
Loss = 1 = 40 points
Loss = 0 = 80 points
Nat'l Champs = 120 Points

Penalty for going to a school in the Top 25

Top 10 school = 15 points
Top 11-25 School = 5 points

New For This Year's Online Dynasty: The Commish (i.e. me) will keep track of this for you!

List of Current Members:

GAF Name - GamerTag - Team - Time Zone

1. GCQuinton - Wsv771 - NC Central University Eagles - EST
2. BigAT - BigAT4- Central Florida Golden Knights - EST
3. TheCrow - KamikazePIPBoy - Illinois Fighting Illini - CST
4. KanZolo - KanZolo - Michigan State Spartans - EST
5. storybook77 - storybook77 - NC State Wolfpack - EST
6. Azwethinkweiz - CUTigerAlumni - Clemson Tigers - EST
7. Righty10 - Doubleb22 - Baylor Bears - EST

Waiting List

LiveWire

Is there a list of 3-star schools we can choose from? Is there going to be a rule where we play at least 2-3 human players in the same conference?

GCQuinton

LiveWire said:
Is there a list of 3-star schools we can choose from? Is there going to be a rule where we play at least 2-3 human players in the same conference?

I'll try to hunt down a list of teams, but if anyone else knows where one is feel free to post it.

As for your other question, it's covered in the OP. If we max out at 12 members, all players are required to play four human opponents (conference or non). If we have less, then we'll adjust accordingly. People aren't tied to any particular conference; if it meets the criteria, you can play any school you want.

Before we start each preseason I'll have every member send me a list of teams they'd prefer to play, then I set the human played games from there.

Picked up the game last night, didn't play an actual game due to I'm waiting for named rosters to start my offline dynasty. But, i did play Road to Glory mode and the game play seemed very smooth, no complaints. The presentation for the road to glory mode was pretty impressive, very well put together. Can't wait to get into a full game tonight when i get off work.

LiveWire

I'll pick the game up tonight. Can anyone with the game tell me if WVU is 3-star? If so, that's the team I'd like to take.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

BigAT

I just picked it up this morning.

WVU is 5 stars. Unfortunately Rutgers is 4. How would you feel about me recreating RU in teambuilder as a 3 star team? Otherwise I think I might go with UCF.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Still waiting on word if I'm in or not.

So lucky with Clemson, Az. SOooo...wow, 3 stars after 1 bad season. :/

GCQuinton

Lonestar said:

Kinda confused here. Are you asking me if you're in? As far as I knew you were still deciding. If that's changed and you wanna join let me know and I'll add you.

Lonestar

Sure, I'd like to put in a create a team, not sure what roster background to use. If I can, I'll use Ole Miss (3 star!?!)

I've created a team already, just search on teambuilder for Shaw Raiders, the one made by Lonestar 1979 is mine (there are a couple, including another version I must have done for PS3.)

GCQuinton

Lonestar said:
Sure, I'd like to put in a create a team, not sure what roster background to use. If I can, I'll use Ole Miss (3 star!?!)

I've created a team already, just search on teambuilder for Shaw Raiders, the one made by Lonestar 1979 is mine (there are a couple, including another version I must have done for PS3.)

Forgot to mention this earlier, but since you brought it up I will here: using another team's roster template (providing it meets the three star rule) is fine as well for created schools.

Lonestar said:

I know, we haven't had a losing season since 98 and had a top 25 recruiting class the past 4 years yet here I am with a 3 star team. Not complaining though.:D

GCQuinton

BlindRage said:
If you guys still have room, I wouldn't mind being Maryland.

Is that ok?

We've still got two more slots open, so yeah there's room. Read the OP for all the rules and let me know afterwards if you still want in.

And where were all these ACC people last year when I was trying to turn Duke around? :lol

BlindRage

GCQuinton said:
We've still got two more slots open, so yeah there's room. Read the OP for all the rules and let me know afterwards if you still want in.

And where were all these ACC people last year when I was trying to turn Duke around? :lol

Yeah, the rules are good so I'm still in.

Gamertag: A Completionist
Team: Maryland
Timezone: EST

You can try duke again, its welcomed. :)

GCQuinton

BlindRage said:
Yeah, the rules are good so I'm still in.

Gamertag: A Completionist
Team: Maryland
Timezone: EST

You can try duke again, its welcomed. :)

Nah, it's cool. Ever since TeamBuilder was announced, I knew I was gonna make my alma mater. That said, welcome aboard!

cubanb

Banned
GCQuinton said:
Forgot to mention this earlier, but since you brought it up I will here: using another team's roster template (providing it meets the three star rule) is fine as well for created schools.
Are there restrictions on which generic rosters we can use for our create a teams ? I doubt I have to call it but I'm in as the created ucsc banana slugs. I created them with a spread offense roster. Let me know which generic rosters I can use, otherwise I'll just use some 3 star team roster.

Also, when do we start ? Are we waiting for rosters ? I am gone this weekend and moving the next.

GCQuinton

cubanb said:
Are there restrictions on which generic rosters we can use for our create a teams ? I doubt I have to call it but I'm in as the created ucsc banana slugs. I created them with a spread offense roster. Let me know which generic rosters I can use, otherwise I'll just use some 3 star team roster.

Also, when do we start ? Are we waiting for rosters ? I am gone this weekend and moving the next.

I don't have the generic rosters in front of me but, you can use a three star team roster or any generic roster that's up to three stars. I want to say that's up to 'Balanced' but don't hold me to it right now.

When we start will be dependent on when everyone's ready, a set of rosters are done, and everyone's got a few warmup/exhibition games in. A week and a half from now is a ballpark point.

Lonestar

Still haven't added me. I listed Lonestar 1979, and it's CST. Still working on the uniforms for my team.

LiveWire

Has anyone tried Road to Glory yet? I played a RB last year so this year I figured why not try a defensive player. Made a CB, and I get no opportunities for picks. Which is fine because I shut down my guy, plus I make 7 tackles (1 for loss), and 1 sack. What star rating do I get? 1!? WTF. :lol

BlindRage

I've been playing this Season Showdown thing.

It genuinely not that bad online. Though they do penalize you for running up the score, which I like.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
LiveWire said:
Has anyone tried Road to Glory yet? I played a RB last year so this year I figured why not try a defensive player. Made a CB, and I get no opportunities for picks. Which is fine because I shut down my guy, plus I make 7 tackles (1 for loss), and 1 sack. What star rating do I get? 1!? WTF. :lol

It is still geared to offensive players, preferrably QB or HB. Only because any other position isn't guaranteed to get action.

LiveWire said:

I started a WR and ended up being a 4 star prospect and cracked the starting line up after 4 games in my freshman year. Was getting plenty of opportunities and then all of a sudden Texas Tech decide they were going to be a running team and not throw the ball so it was kind of frustrating because we lost 3 or 4 games because of bad play calling!

Saiyu

Quick question, does anyone now what Current Stage means when recruiting? I get interest level but have no idea what this is

GCQuinton

So when do you guys wanna get this thing started? As it stands right now, I'd propose a week or so from now on the 27th. That way everyone will be here, we'll have had time to get a few games in, and everyone's sure they wanna play.

BlindRage

I know I want to play, but I leave for vacation saturday, and won't be home until next friday.

So if you start it before then I can just sit in there. If not, I can join friday.

Sorry for the inconvience. :(

GCQuinton said:
So when do you guys wanna get this thing started? As it stands right now, I'd propose a week or so from now on the 27th. That way everyone will be here, we'll have had time to get a few games in, and everyone's sure they wanna play.

Im ready to roll as soon as the named rosters are out.

Top Bottom