• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 10 Online Dynasty Thread

GCQuinton

With BlindRage and Righty10 not being available for the next week, the 27th is looking like it's likely going to be the start date.

cubanb

Banned
GCQuinton said:
With BlindRage and Righty10 not being available for the next week, the 27th is looking like it's likely going to be the start date.
Awesome. I am moving the weekend before that and should have my internet turned on by then.

GCQuinton

cubanb, take pride in the fact that Brad Nessler announces the Banana Slugs :lol I downloaded yours and Lonestar's teams to check them out.

GCQuinton said:
So when do you guys wanna get this thing started? As it stands right now, I'd propose a week or so from now on the 27th. That way everyone will be here, we'll have had time to get a few games in, and everyone's sure they wanna play.

I'd propose three things happen before we get going....1) we get the patch, 2) named rosters and 3) any slider adjustments after the patch that need to be made. I wouldn't mess with sliders too much though as they've said the second patch will be primarily gameplay adjustments.

GCQuinton

storybook77 said:
I'd propose three things happen before we get going....1) we get the patch, 2) named rosters and 3) any slider adjustments after the patch that need to be made. I wouldn't mess with sliders too much though as they've said the second patch will be primarily gameplay adjustments.

Named rosters are an obvious one, but yeah the extra week would definitely be going to slider adjustments as well waiting for the upcoming patch. Hopefully it'll be out soon.

GCQuinton said:
Named rosters are an obvious one, but yeah the extra week would definitely be going to slider adjustments as well waiting for the upcoming patch. Hopefully it'll be out soon.

It's already out for PS3 so it should be out relatively soon for 360 after it goes through Microsoft's certification process. Messing with sliders right now doesn't do any good. They aren't working in the retail build.

In regards to the rules of the league, ive noticed the new chew clock option from the main play calling menu, Q i think this should be added to the rules as far as the points scoring goes. This feature should most definitely be enabled when the game is getting out of hand.

GCQuinton

Just a quick heads up, Lanteri finished up the named rosters a little before midnight EST last night. His GT is Lanteri87. I'll be DL'ing them later today.

GCQuinton said:
Just a quick heads up, Lanteri finished up the named rosters a little before midnight EST last night. His GT is Lanteri87. I'll be DL'ing them later today.

So now we just wait for the first patch, correct? I'm thinking it'll probably be out on either Monday or Tuesday.

GCQuinton said:

rosters are good, downloaded them this morning

GCQuinton

storybook77 said:
So now we just wait for the first patch, correct? I'm thinking it'll probably be out on either Monday or Tuesday.

At this point we're waiting on the patch and for everybody to get here, so at the earliest we'll be starting around this time next week.

Righty10

bobbydigital said:
has anyone noticed that when you play with the aggressive game plan that there is an excessive amount of facemask penalties?
I have noticed this. I have also noticed that there are a lot more holding penalties in this years version campared to the earlier iterations.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Man, I'm finding All American to be quite difficult. I've tried different playstyles, but at times, find Top Teams hard to win against, even with another top team. At times, that pesky "CPU cheats" in regards to passing. Like passing within 1 second of the start of the play, with 100% completions.

I have also found all american to be quite a bit more difficult than previous years. I've lost a game or two to the computer and thats a rarity at any difficulty level for me.

Lonestar said:
Man, I'm finding All American to be quite difficult. I've tried different playstyles, but at times, find Top Teams hard to win against, even with another top team. At times, that pesky "CPU cheats" in regards to passing. Like passing within 1 second of the start of the play, with 100% completions.

Supposedly the patch will help a lot since the sliders will actually work. Patch #2 is also supposed to address some gameplay issues, it's due in September I think.

VA Tech beat me 53-51. On a good note, I find that the deep passing game is much more rewarding this year as quality receivers are actually able to beat corners deep on a consistent basis.

Lonestar

I find it pretty hard to run, without having the 2 Blocking and the Hard Running gameplan settings turned to aggressive.

Oops, just got called for another Clipping.

Lonestar said:
I find it pretty hard to run, without having the 2 Blocking and the Hard Running gameplan settings turned to aggressive.

Oops, just got called for another Clipping.

I'm pretty decent at running. I've noticed that you have to lay off the sprint button until you are in the open field or have a pretty good sized hole. I broke off a 70+ yarder in garbage time against FIU with Upchurch last night. :lol

Lonestar said:
Meant against Good to decent teams. Yeah, FIU is not one of those.

I got over 100 yards with Ingram against Va Tech *shrugs*...he got injured against FIU so Grant hit well over the century mark in that one.

GCQuinton

Alright, since the upcoming patch won't cause any problems with pre-existing online dynasties I went ahead and set everything up tonight. We're still slated to start on the 27th, but check and accept your invites so we can get started right then and there.

Also, with the created teams teams in the mix I made a few executive decisions in regards to where they were placed. So without further ado, here are the conference/team changes for this online dynasty:

Sun Belt Conference:

Shaw Raiders (Lonestar) - Replaces UL Lafayette
UC Santa Cruz Banana Slugs (cubanb) - Replaces UL Monroe

IA Independents:

North Carolina Central Eagles (GCQuinton) - Replaces Navy

MAC Eastern Division:

Navy Midshipmen (CPU) - Replaces Temple

TheCrow

I was going to wait until the roster was finished but I might as well just say it now.

Instead of using lanteri's rosters we should probably use the operation sports community rosters. Lanteri only added names while the community rosters fixed missing players, classes, and height and weight. And it will probably be done by tomorrow.

GCQuinton

If they're done by the time we start (which it looks like it will) I see no problem with using the updated rosters. I'll be on the lookout for them when they finish in the next few days.

GCQuinton

Just to update you guys, both the patch and the community roster over at OS are up so I'll be resending out the invites for the dynasty tonight. I'll also be doing my usual research on the sliders now that they work.

And for those who have their codes, the Madden NFL 10 demo goes up tonight at 9 EST.

EDIT: Scratch that, both the public and GameStop demos are up now apparently.

Lonestar

GCQuinton said:
Just to update you guys, both the patch and the community roster over at OS are up so I'll be resending out the invites for the dynasty tonight. I'll also be doing my usual research on the sliders now that they work.

And for those who have their codes, the Madden NFL 10 demo goes up tonight at 9 EST.

EDIT: Scratch that, both the public and GameStop demos are up now apparently.

What locker name is the Community Rosters under?

Righty10

GCQ, my internet gets turned on tomorrow (Friday) at my new place. I'll accept the invite once it's up and running.

GCQuinton

Alright, new invites have been sent out to everybody, post-patch and with the OS Community Rosters. dammitmattt dropped, so we've got one more spot to fill. I'm waiting on word from a reserve, but if anyone's interested let me know.

GCQuinton said:
Alright, new invites have been sent out to everybody, post-patch and with the OS Community Rosters. dammitmattt dropped, so we've got one more spot to fill. I'm waiting on word from a reserve, but if anyone's interested let me know.

i might have someone, been playing ncaa with him for years, i dont think he posts on Gaf but i know he would be very reliable.

BigAT

Has there been any word from EA on if they are going to do anything about progression in dynasties? I just hit year 3 in my offline dynasty and there are 18 teams that are ranked A+ overall (and a fair amount more that are A or A-).

I'll accept my invite by tomorrow night. I haven't even turned on my 360 tonight.

We found out that our oldest dog has congestive heart failure today so my wife is out of sorts since this dog was given to her after she graduated high school by her father who died a few a years ago. :(

GCQuinton

storybook77 said:
I'll accept my invite by tomorrow night. I haven't even turned on my 360 tonight.

We found out that our oldest dog has congestive heart failure today so my wife is out of sorts since this dog was given to her after she graduated high school by her father who died a few a years ago. :(

No biggie. We don't officially begin preseason stuff till Monday anyway. On that note, vets know how this works: send me your list from 1-12 of who your preferred opponents are so I can get start to put the human games together. I've also been playing around with a few slider sets from OS and am liking Trinity120's quite a bit. If anybody else has any input on sliders, feel free to throw it out.

Also, with Chew the Clock as an option, how do you guys feel about longer quarters? Either way, I'll be updating the rules to make this a requirement if you're up big (likely 21 but I'm still mulling it over).

GCQuinton said:
No biggie. We don't officially begin preseason stuff till Monday anyway. On that note, vets know how this works: send me your list from 1-12 of who your preferred opponents are so I can get start to put the human games together. I've also been playing around with a few slider sets from OS and am liking Trinity120's quite a bit. If anybody else has any input on sliders, feel free to throw it out.

Also, with Chew the Clock as an option, how do you guys feel about longer quarters? Either way, I'll be updating the rules to make this a requirement if you're up big (likely 21 but I'm still mulling it over).

I'll try to get my opponent preferences to you tomorrow night.

I've been using Trinity's sliders as well, seem good enough for me.

KanZolo

Are OS Community Rosters Operation Sports rosters? And what makes them the best available? They seem fine (except i think penn state is rated too low) but was just wondering.

TheCrow

The community rosters added missing players and fixed the classes.

And Trinity's sliders are find except for kick returns. Every cpu kick return ends up with me having half of my team on the ground and a long return. I lowered run blocking to 50 and raised running ability to 60. So far it is more realistic.

Top Bottom