• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 10 Online Dynasty Thread

GCQuinton

With that game finally planned, everybody PM me a timeframe that you'll be free to hop online and take care of the offseason activities. The only day that might run into a conflict is Wednesday because of the Madden draft though, since four of us (myself included) are involved in that.

BigAT

I know it's slightly short notice, but maybe we could do it tonight like 7:15PM EST after the second set of NFL games are over? I feel like we could bang it out in like an hour before SNF if everyone is around.

Who won the National Championship game?

GCQuinton

BigAT said:
I know it's slightly short notice, but maybe we could do it tonight like 7:15PM EST after the second set of NFL games are over? I feel like we could bang it out in like an hour before SNF if everyone is around.

Who won the National Championship game?
They're playing it tonight around 10:30 EST and I haven't even heard from everyone so doing it tonight's highly unlikely.

BigAT

Oh, I thought they were planning above to play last night. I didn't notice the end of the last page.

I should be available pretty much any time next week, with the exception of during the Madden draft.

GCQuinton

This game still on for tonight?

If it does get played, is everyone available tomorrow night at 9 EST to do the offseason activities?

GCQuinton said:

If it does get played, is everyone available tomorrow night at 9 EST to do the offseason activities?

I'll pause the game on my DVR to get it done...lol

TheCrow

GCQuinton said:

That shouldn't be a problem. Will you need to invite me again so I can switch teams?

KanZolo

Azwethinkweiz said:
My roomate's watching LOST on blu-ray right now but I'm pretty sure I can boot him off after he's done with his current episode.

im on so wheneva ya ready. good luck

GCQuinton

Any chance we could go earlier than 9, or before the game? What's good for everyone? If the games are gonna be a problem we might not be able to do this until Friday.

KanZolo

Good ass game.

Meanwhile in East Lansing:

n3tbwh.jpg

GCQuinton said:
Any chance we could go earlier than 9, or before the game? What's good for everyone? If the games are gonna be a problem we might not be able to do this until Friday.

I could probably go earlier but the coverage of the games start at 7:30. I'd be ok with waiting until the weekend since games aren't going to get played at least until then anyways.

KanZolo

if we can't get it going till the weekend should we just do it the old way and get what we can down before then?

It takes a while to get it down in one sitting.

KanZolo said:
if we can't get it going till the weekend should we just do it the old way and get what we can down before then?

It takes a while to get it down in one sitting.

I'd be ok with this as well. I know we want to get it done but with the remaining bowl games plus the NFL playoffs starting this weekend.....

GCQuinton

Only problem with that is four of us (including me) are in the Madden draft that night. How about this?

We'll do it the old way, but on a much faster timeline. Everybody cool with advancing each night? I can go ahead and skip the Players Leaving section now and each night at midnight EST I advance to the next step. That work?

KanZolo

GCQuinton said:
Only problem with that is four of us (including me) are in the Madden draft that night. How about this?

We'll do it the old way, but on a much faster timeline. Everybody cool with advancing each night? I can go ahead and skip the Players Leaving section now and each night at midnight EST I advance to the next step. That work?

I was going to suggest this next. Me likey.

GCQuinton said:

That works, at least that gives everyone a fair shot at getting it done whether it be early or late.

GCQuinton

One other thing I wanna address that we need to work on is the rate we're playing these games. We only play (usually) two human opponents in the regular season so we should be advancing faster than we currently are each week. If you would have told me a few months back that we'd be going into Year 3 at the same time as the Madden league with 32 people (opposed to our 7), I'd have said you were crazy.

BigAT

Maybe to help speed things along with the offseason stuff still, we could say when we're done with each task so there would still be the possibility of advancing early in the night and getting a couple done a day.

I'm done with players leaving, I think Michigan St. was as well when I logged in.

GCQuinton

BigAT said:
Maybe to help speed things along with the offseason stuff still, we could say when we're done with each task so there would still be the possibility of advancing early in the night and getting a couple done a day.

I'm done with players leaving, I think Michigan St. was as well when I logged in.

Advancing at midnight EST each is fine for the offseason stuff. I'm just referring to the rate at which we get games played during the regular season.

BigAT

GCQuinton said:
Advancing at midnight EST each is fine for the offseason stuff. I'm just referring to the rate at which we get games played during the regular season.

I'm in agreement for that. I meant to post the above thought about offseason stuff last night but forgot to.

GCQuinton

KanZolo said:
Is there a reason for this? Can't we play at least 3 or 4?

If we were at a full 12 members like we were last year we could do three (sometimes four) a year no problem. But with 7 people in various conferences you'd be playing the same people non-conference every year and that would get a bit stale. Not to mention it'd make it hell on lower tiered teams (aka me) to build anything.

KanZolo

GCQuinton said:
If we were at a full 12 members like we were last year we could do three (sometimes four) a year no problem. But with 7 people in various conferences you'd be playing the same people non-conference every year and that would get a bit stale. Not to mention it'd make it hell on lower tiered teams (aka me) to build anything.

I can't argue with it making it hell for lower tiered teams (maybe when they get built up?) but playing the same user each year is a lot more exciting than playing the CPU.

GCQuinton

KanZolo said:
I can't argue with it making it hell for lower tiered teams (maybe when they get built up?) but playing the same user each year is a lot more exciting than playing the CPU.

I'll do what I can to load you up this season then :lol

Hell yeah! An 88 overall MLB and an 87 overall WR transferred to my school.

edit: P.S. I convinced Jamie Harper to come back for his senior year. Two-time Heisman winner? I say yes.

Azwethinkweiz said:

edit: P.S. I convinced Jamie Harper to come back for his senior year. Two-time Heisman winner? I say yes.

I say he tears his ACL early in the season ruining his pro chances! :D

KanZolo

Azwethinkweiz said:

i saved as an offline dynasty and say that shit the other day. How much are you paying kids over there at Clemson?

storybook77 said:
I say he tears his ACL early in the season ruining his pro chances! :D

Well he did get hurt in the National Champion game and Lee Corso labeled him as injury prone so I see that happening.

KanZolo said:
Well he did get hurt in the National Champion game and Lee Corso labeled him as injury prone so I see that happening.

Well that was the first time he got hurt this season, but anything's possible. I'm not that worried though, his backup isn't too shabby either.

I'm pretty sure the game screwed up all my recruiting from week 1. All the players I added were gone and I lost half my recruits because I'm guessing the game thought I didn't try to recruit them at all. Way to go, EA.

Top Bottom