• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 10 Online Dynasty Thread

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

BCS National Championship: #2 UCF (BigAT4) vs. #1 Northwestern (TheCrow)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty National Championship Week Headlines

It All Comes Down To This: Northwestern and UCF Face Off In National Championship
NC State Tops Baylor In High-Scoring Fiesta Bowl
Clemson Defeats Florida In Orange Bowl
Michigan State Destroys Arizona In Rose Bowl

Heisman Trophy Winner

Carlton Jones, HB, UCF

NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP DEADLINE IS SATURDAY!

TheCrow

BigAT, I think you said you weren't going to be in the right state of mind this weekend so does Friday work for you? Anytime after 4 pm (cst) would be fine by me. I should have everything set up at home by then.

GCQuinton

Regarding the off-season, is everybody still good with the "advance once a day" thing we did last off-season or do we want to attempt to knock it all out in a day like we talked about then? We're not up against the Madden's league's draft this time around so we may be able to pull it off.

TheCrow

GG BigAT. My defense played horribly without one of my starting SS. So many missed tackles and I will definitely not get the next NCAA if they don't fix the tackle animations. I hate seeing a rb almost on his back flip over and send the defensive player back.

GCQuinton

If that's the wrong score the National Championship game let me know. I forgot to grab it before I advanced and that's what I remember seeing.

Anyway, we're officially in the off-season! Same rules as last season, I advance every night at midnight EST to the next phase/week till we're in the pre-season. Take care of your leaving players!

BigAT

GG to Crow. I rode what had been successful for me all season by pounding the ball with Carlton Jones behind my excellent O-line. My defense played pretty well also, forcing some turnovers in big situations. I agree that some of the running animations in this game look pretty ludicrous. You basically go from sitting on your ass to falling forward for an additional 3 yards. Also, I'm pretty sure that's the correct score Q.

The win was bittersweet when I got to see how much of my team I'm losing. I knew much of the reason for my success this season was due to having a huge amount of seniors, but yikes. My team next season is going to be a complete skeleton of what it once was this year. I'm losing my two top QBs, my top three HBs (Carlton Jones sprinted his way right into the draft), and a few starting offensive linemen, amongst other things.

So yeah, I'm in for another season but I think the upcoming one may be my last. I'm not saying definitively, but I have a pretty good feeling that by the time things are done I will have had my fill of this game.

TheCrow

BigAT said:
GG to Crow. I rode what had been successful for me all season by pounding the ball with Carlton Jones behind my excellent O-line. My defense played pretty well also, forcing some turnovers in big situations. I agree that some of the running animations in this game look pretty ludicrous. You basically go from sitting on your ass to falling forward for an additional 3 yards. Also, I'm pretty sure that's the correct score Q.
That Carlton Jones was just money but even his back up broke a TFL. Also your D-Line was just pushing my O-Line around. I thought I was going to make it close after my fumble TD but nope. It was just false hope. :(

and FYI I didn't mean anything with that comment about the HB animations. Everyone gets them so its totally fair. I just hate how I go from being ecstatic for stopping a third down conversion to being frustrated as he just goes past it. Unfortunately, your RB wasn't the only reason you beat me.

BigAT

TheCrow said:
That Carlton Jones was just money but even his back up broke a TFL. Also your D-Line was just pushing my O-Line around. I thought I was going to make it close after my fumble TD but nope. It was just false hope. :(

and FYI I didn't mean anything with that comment about the HB animations. Everyone gets them so its totally fair. I just hate how I go from being ecstatic for stopping a third down conversion to being frustrated as he just goes past it. Unfortunately, your RB wasn't the only reason you beat me.

I know you weren't, I'm just agreeing with you. I think it's one of the major problems that still plagues Madden/NCAA, the fact they both rely so heavily on prescripted animations to determine gameplay. A running back getting hit initially but staying on his feet and falling forward for a couple of yards happens in real life and should exist in the game. However, it never happens in the manner that the game shows it. It feels really shitty to see your defender not only make contact, but actually push the HB backwards, only to see a physically impossible momentum shift occur because of some poorly programmed animation algorithm.

Jones' backup is no slouch either. He was actually the star of my offense until Jones transferred into my program, I think he is rated in the low 90's. Unfortunately, he, like the rest of my offense, is graduating.

GCQuinton

We've advanced! Transfer request deadline is tonight!

And on that note, NCCU would like to welcome Josh Gibson (SS) and Jacob Haynes (ROLB), both from Florida. Hopefully there'll be a Season 5 so I get to actually use them.

GCQuinton

Find some more members, then sure :D . We've only got 7 people so 2 human games a season is the best I can balance it for everyone. Back in the good ol' days (last year) a quarter of the games (4) were human since we were at full capacity so it wasn't a problem.

GCQuinton

We're officially in the preseason! I've already taken care of the schedules this morning, so the sooner everyone gets to it, the sooner we can start. Deadline's tonight!

TheCrow

GCQuinton said:
What's the status on everyone getting their preseason stuff done? I just checked and there were 4 people still left.

Oh wow it slipped my mind. I thought we were still doing player cuts. I've been busy working on a paper and studying for midterms. I'll do it before my noon classes if I finish my paper. If not I'll do it after classes at around 3 cst.

BigAT

Does anyone actually need to do the preseason stuff? I'm trying to remember off the top of my head, but isn't it recruiting, redshirt and depth chart? Recruiting and depth chart stuff can be done week 1 without any ill effect from not doing it during the preseason. You don't really need to redshirt anyone because redshirting freshmen this year would only have an effect if the dynasty went another 4+ seasons, and I think even the most optimistic of us don't believe that is going to happen.

GCQuinton

BigAT said:
Does anyone actually need to do the preseason stuff? I'm trying to remember off the top of my head, but isn't it recruiting, redshirt and depth chart? Recruiting and depth chart stuff can be done week 1 without any ill effect from not doing it during the preseason. You don't really need to redshirt anyone because redshirting freshmen this year would only have an effect if the dynasty went another 4+ seasons, and I think even the most optimistic of us don't believe that is going to happen.

Aside from me setting the schedules, you're right. We were supposed to have started yesterday, so if I don't hear anything back from the PM I sent him in the next few hours I'll go ahead and start the season.

GCQuinton

2rggktu.jpg

Week One Games

NC Central (CGQuinton) vs. FIU (CPU)
Baylor (Righty10) vs. #13 Michigan State (KanZolo)
#16 UCF (BigAT4) vs. #11 Ohio State (CPU)
#1 Clemson (Azwethinkweiz) vs. #12 Arkansas (CPU)

NO GAME: #23 Northwestern (TheCrow), #9 NC State (storybook77)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week One Headlines

Season Four FINALLY Kicks Off In Time For March Madness
Clemson Is The Coaches' Pick To Win It All
Both GAF ACC Teams In The Top Ten
Paging Rodney Dangerfield: UCF Drops To #16, Northwestern To #23
Stewart and Swan Both In Heisman Race For Northwestern
Commish Asks League: How Many More Seasons Do We Wanna Go?

Preseason Top 25

Clemson #1
NC State #9
Michigan State #13
UCF #16
Northwestern #23

WEEK ONE DEADLINE IS SUNDAY!

BigAT

I wish I could play the no respect card, but my team really is that much worse than last season. I'm going to have to rely on my defense if I am going to stand a chance.

Go Arkansas go! :lol

This will probably be my last season playing '10. '11 should be right around the corner by the time we finish this season.

storybook77 said:
Go Arkansas go! :lol

This will probably be my last season playing '10. '11 should be right around the corner by the time we finish this season.

I beat them 70-0. Also, sorry for the ridiculous score. I was up 49-0 at the half and threw in my subs and super simmed and that was the result. My bad!:lol

GCQuinton

KanZolo said:
if Righty cant go this afternoon then we'll have to play sunday evening. I'm out of town for the weekend
I haven't heard from Righty all day (I assume you haven't either) so it looks like it's gonna have to be Sunday.

GCQuinton

KanZolo said:
Game played

Thanks. Your PM box is full so here's the answer to your question about Righty being on AP.

He waited the entire off-season and until he was the last game left in Week 1 with you to tell me that he wouldn't be able to play the first couple of games of the season and to put him on AP.

If I had known that beforehand I'd have scheduled his games later in the season. Sorry man.

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Two Games

NC Central (GCQuinton) vs. #1 Clemson (Azwethinkweiz)
#21 Northwestern (TheCrow) vs. Baylor (Righty10 on Autopilot)
#11 UCF (BigAT4) vs. #10 Michigan State (KanZolo)
#9 NC State (storybook77) vs. #12 Cincinnati (CPU)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week Two Headlines

GAF's Two National Champions Face Off For the First Time
Baylor Coach Goes On Sabbatical
Clemson Nukes Arkansas From Orbit In 70-0 Blowout
Commish Questions Sanity Scheduling Tigers After Reading That

Player of the Week

Roderick McDowell, HB, Clemson
70-0 win over Arkansas
23 carries for 179 yards, 3 TD
19 rec reception yards, TD

Ranked Teams

Clemson - #1 Coaches
NC State - #9 Coaches
Michigan State - #10 Coaches
UCF - #11 Coaches
Northwestern - #21 Coaches

NeoGAF Game of the Week

UCF vs. Michigan State

WEEK TWO DEADLINE IS WEDNESDAY!

BigAT

GG Kan. I had too many big fumbles lost during regulation, and I just got outplayed in overtime. Very fun game though.

KanZolo

BigAT said:
GG Kan. I had too many big fumbles lost during regulation, and I just got outplayed in overtime. Very fun game though.

I threw too many INTS as well and 2 of them were just horrible passes on my part, that one hander on the other hand...

Yes, very fun game. Very Tug-of-war like.

Recap for everyone: Tied right be fore half at 14-14, then I went down 14-28 a minute into the 3rd. I rallied 35-28 and then was down 35-42. I tied it up and missed a 52ish yd FG as time expired (I lost 12 seconds when the clock didnt stop after going out of bounds).

He won the toss in OT and chose D. Got sacked on first play but scored 3 plays later. He got the ball and I held him to I think 3rd (might have been 4th) and forced a fumble on the QB. His lineman picked it up but had a knee down to end the game.

Hey GC, when do you want to play our game? I'll be unavailable until about 10-10:30 tonight (LOST), so anytime after that is fine. Tomorrow evening works for me too.

GCQuinton

Azwethinkweiz said:
Hey GC, when do you want to play our game? I'll be unavailable until about 10-10:30 tonight (LOST), so anytime after that is fine. Tomorrow evening works for me too.

Yeah, we'll probably have to shoot for tomorrow evening. I'll be free from about 7:00 to 10:30 EST, what works for you?

Top Bottom