• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty Interest Thread

GCQuinton

ncaa_football11_xbox360_tim_tebow_cover.jpg

Links of Note:

'NCAA Football 11' Demo Arrives June 14 (Tomorrow!)
'NCAA Football 11' takes dynasty to the web
Official 'NCAA Football 10' Online Dynasty Page (For the gist of how this OD will operate, please read the OP)

Selected Vets With First Pass At Spots:

BigAT
TheCrow
KanZolo
storybook77
Azwethinkweiz
bobbydigital

These fine folks were chosen for two reasons. 1. Because they have been around for both ODs and have always been dependable with open lines of communication. 2. They came on board in NCAA '10 and did the the aforementioned.

The list above also has first pass at team choice. If someone comes on that wants a team they want, that person can choose to play for rights to keep the team, but that's at their discretion.

List of Members:

1. GCQuinton (South Carolina)
2. Azwethinkweiz (Texas Tech)
3. KanZolo (Michigan State)
4. storybook77 (NC State)
5. BigAT (Rutgers)

In general, if you only plan on sticking around for a season please don't sign up. If this is your "killing time before Madden comes out" game, please don't sign up. Dependability goes a long way here.

Interest List (With Preferred Team/s, If Possible):

All people accounted for! Post in the official threads!

As we get closer to the game's release date, I'll confirm with the vets and people on the interest list (in order) that they still want in, and I'll add them to the member list.

Dynasty Suggestions:

For the second year in a row, we're going with a closed, "career" style dynasty. Teams you pick must have at the most three stars of prestige with an overall rating no higher than 89. We are now deciding on how the teams are going to be aligned...

1. Leave Every Team Where They Are Now, As Is - Self explanatory.

2. Custom Conference (s) - Given the current landscape of college sports, this may be fun to try out. We'd all be in one conference (or two with six members each) that had a championship. This would allow more human competition and a for everybody to at least have a shot at making a bowl game.

Have at it!

DCX

DCX
I'm in..game is pre-ordered. I'm in with Ohio State with Cincinnati as a second choice if a vet wants the Buckeyes.

DCX

Striker

Nice!

I'm interested.

So far I've really only thought about playing as little ol' Ohio Bobcats, but I'm sure I will browse around and add some depth. I know I don't want a powerhouse, though.

I'm in. I'm fairly confident you know which team I'll choose. If they're above 3* this year and we choose that format, I'll pick another team when the time comes.

KanZolo

2. Open "Career" Style Dynasty - Teams of Three Stars of Prestige or below to start. We ran this style in '10.

This style.

I'll probably pick MSU again but I'll have to see rosters when it comes out.

GCQuinton

CB3 said:
Do we know how many people they are letting us have in? is it still 12 or something?

Yeah, still 12 to my knowledge.

EDIT: Demo's up! 1.66 GB, but you've got to search for it since it's now showing up in New Arrivals yet. This probably won't be done before I head out to work, so it'll still be a few hours before I get to it.

Nightz

Still undecided on the game, but I'd like to be put on the interest list as San Diego State. I'm downloading the demo now and will be playing it after work.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
storybook77 said:
I'm sure he could give you the Universty of Alabama
-Birmingham

Hell No, you'd just continually brow beat me into submission, and force on me horrible coaching by former UA Assistants.

And I wouldn't have Joe Webb.

BigAT

I just played a game, as Miami against Ohio state on All-American (2nd highest difficulty), here's some of my thoughts.

-It appears that there's no more Lee Corso doing commentary this year. Erin Andrews is back on the sidelines.

-The team entrances look pretty good, but nothing that you won't be skipping after the first time you play the game. It seems like Nike is quite a big sponsor this year.

-Kicking meter is the same. I guess they're only changing it for Madden.

-The switch to an ESPN-like presentation looks better. Fresher at the very least.

-There's now a clock runoff similar to Madden, I didn't see an option to turn it on/off at will like last year.

-Gameplanning (setting whether you want to be aggressive or conservative on certain aspects of your team) is back.

-The game plays much slower than last year. I wouldn't say it's quite as slow as Madden, but it's significant considering how fast NCAA 10 played. Players also can't change directions/accelerate as quickly, they definitely have a "weighty" feel to them now.

-QB scrambling seems significantly less effective. It takes a good second to start scrambling when you hit the sprint button and even then it seems like QBs can't escape pursuers nearly as easily as they used to be able to.

-There's an interesting thing presnap on running plays, all of the blockers seem to call out/signal who their assignment/responsibility is. I love this in theory, but I don't know if it actually works well. For one, there were times when the blockers simply would go after completely different targets after the snap then they were signalling to just a moment before (even simple stuff like an OT not going after the DE right in front of him). The other is that it seems that sometimes, and this seemed especially true for fullbacks, the blocker would focus on their assignment far too much, ignoring players that were directly in their path and unblocked. I had my FB just running past incoming linebackers because their presnap target was a safety.

-The CPU went no huddle at the end of the game. There's an interesting option now where you can call a play from your playbook while your team is scrambling to the line. It was nice not to have to rely purely on audibles in that situation.

-I absolutely HATE the play calling system. It's a single line that shows just three plays, that you scroll through left or right and only the A button will select a play. Up or down will switch between formations (like from 4-3 Under to 4-3 Over) and there's an annoying latency that comes with that. I'm doing a poor job of describing it properly, but my gripe is that you see hardly any plays at any given time, it takes quite a while to scroll through them, and it's impossible to call a play quickly. At least in NCAA 10 you could hold a trigger to gain the option to use all four face buttons for plays, I didn't notice anything like that while playing. With the clock runoff and my unfamiliarity with the playbook, I felt like I had virtually no time to find something I was looking for.

-Shaking routes and rumbling controller is back presnap for nervous quarterbacks on the road, but there's another aspect to it that's new. The passing icons on your targets will actually fade away shortly after the snap. It was starling and disconcerting the first time it happened. I was rolling out and had no idea what to press to throw to the receiver I had open.

Striker

Just played as FSU vs. the Gators. Two easy wide open dropped passes. :lol

Got pressures nicely from zone blitzes, but otherwise my guys were stone-walled.

The playcalling screen does suck major balls, though. Hopefully changes come to this.

i played one game and jesus christ this game is TOO fast! and it's significantly SLOWER than last season?! wow.

i don't like the default camera angle at all or the speed. its moving so fast that it seems like there are missing frames of animation or something (That's the only way i can describe it).

maybe i'm just used to maddens more up close camera angle and slower speed, but after playing madden '10 since last august (basically at least twice a week) it's just so hard to get used to.

i don't really mind the playcalling screen, got used to it pretty quickly. i don't want this game to be madden with college teams/players, but i hope there is an option to slow it down just a bit!

also, regarding scrambling, i absolutely destroyed the florida defense with the guy from florida state. just scrambled out and was very accurate on the run.

GCQuinton

FrenchMovieTheme said:
damn we might have to do 2 dynasties :(

why can't they fucking allow 25? perfect #!

Possibly, but I doubt it. I can almost guarantee people will drop or not respond to invites between now and when the game comes out. Happens every year.

To the people who haven't already, be sure to chime in on the dynasty suggestions! I'm looking at everybody's!

Lonestar

GCQuinton said:
Possibly, but I doubt it. I can almost guarantee people will drop or not respond to invites between now and when the game comes out. Happens every year.

To the people who haven't already, be sure to chime in on the dynasty suggestions! I'm looking at everybody's!

Nice to see you keep ignoring me :lol

i think it should be an open dynasty. i'm not a hardcore college football fan but i know how i would feel if it were a madden league and i liked a powerhouse team (like the niners are) and someone told me i had to pick the bucs or raiders or packers or some other shitty team.

i also think there could be a stipulation that you have to play at least one additional game against a human opponent who fills in for a CPU opponenet you were going to play. not really a big deal, especially since sliders work and we could probably get a competitive CPU team on the field

GCQuinton

Lonestar said:
Nice to see you keep ignoring me :lol

Ignoring what? What am I supposed to read from this?

Lonestar said:
I'm in, but only as Alabama

reggie_i_dunno.jpg

Story's got Alabama. You said you only wanted in as Alabama and didn't list any other team. Based on that, I thought you weren't in. If you do want in, stop talking in riddles, just say it and pick another team.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i think it should be an open dynasty. i'm not a hardcore college football fan but i know how i would feel if it were a madden league and i liked a powerhouse team (like the niners are) and someone told me i had to pick the bucs or raiders or packers or some other shitty team.

i also think there could be a stipulation that you have to play at least one additional game against a human opponent who fills in for a CPU opponenet you were going to play. not really a big deal, especially since sliders work and we could probably get a competitive CPU team on the field

Running the dynasty career style was a choice that was decided on by everyone in last year's league. If the majority of eventual members of this league decide open, then that's what we'll do. Too early to tell right now though.

well i'm cool with however you want to do it!

if any team i want cal

if a loser team ill take fresno state or san jose state (if they're both considered lesser teams!)

FrenchMovieTheme said:

I had to play with the Rams, you bastard! The RAMS! All because some other guy has the Falcons!

storybook77

Lonestar

Well, I can't help it if it just feels wrong in my bones to be anyone beside the team I used in the previous 3 or 4 NCAA before your 2nd league came along (and that NCAA OG decided to go N/A last season)

I'll figure something out, though.

Any thought on making a fake conference of just people?

storybook77 said:
I had to play with the Rams, you bastard! The RAMS! All because some other guy has the Falcons!

storybook77

hey bro you'll have your shot at the falcons in madden '11 if you return! that is my guarantee to you!

GCQuinton

Lonestar said:
Well, I can't help it if it just feels wrong in my bones to be anyone beside the team I used in the previous 3 or 4 NCAA before your 2nd league came along (and that NCAA OG decided to go N/A last season)

I'll figure something out, though.

Any thought on making a fake conference of just people?

It's one of the options in the OP (#3). Right now, I'm just getting everyone's suggestions before deciding on anything.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Mark has never done anything to hurt anyone ever. Dude is basically Jesus Christ

Nightz

Alright, the game felt weird the first time I played the demo, but I'm starting to like it. Like FMT said, things were just moving too fast. I'm getting the hang of it though. Liking the running game, especially when you have a pulling guard leading the way. :D The next Marshall Faulk shall be born in this dynasty!

As for the dynasty options, I like choice #3 with the career format.

so, i played the demo. and.....

the deep ball is unstoppable, at least with jacory harris throwing. OSU couldn't have stopped it with three men downfield. I'll probably play around with it some more, but for now the deep ball is broken vs. the cpu. Against a human may be different....

LJ11

I like it but I'm on the fence. Trips Strong 4 verts (4 wide set) is all I ran in the 2nd half and I put up pretty good yards. Kept the backside WR on a drag as a check down, backside DB didn't get into his backpedal fast enough in 3 Deep coverage because of this, was able to hit the deep cross behind him for a TD.

Ran it again and again on a 4th quarter 2 minute drive and just killed the CPU, felt the CPU reacted realistically to it however. I mean the deep free safety had to take the deep cross, which gave me the seam, I just had a ton of options with that formation + play. Secondary was committing to receivers like they should.

No idea how accurate Clemsons QB is in real life, but he was on the money with a lot of his throws, tight windows too.

KanZolo

If we dont go with option number #2, which is the best, my team is UofM plz.

Menelaus said:
To the guys moping about the playcalling screen, did you press down on the RS to change it to normal?
Yes. it still isn't good. And it's not "normal" it's "advanced" but at default you still have to move to the play you want and it still is only3 plays vs last years 4 on a page.

I played a couple of games last night before going to bed and I LOVE locomotion. That combined with the improved blocking AI (still not perfect, but neither are real life offensive lineman) makes this the best NCAA I've played this generation. Like Nightz alluded to earlier, actually having guys down field blocking for me and being able find creases and angles to take so that I can try and break a big one is great. It no longer feels like it's my running back versus the entire defensive backfield once I get past the line of scrimmage.

I haven't done enough passing but it seems like the safeties and corners play their angles more properly with swats looking more realistic and INTs seeming to be legit. I didn't even see the stupid flip tackle on contested passes and also saw the cpu make a nice sideline catch when in the past it would have been out of bounds.

The graphics are the best they've been this generation and they should've been like this from the beginning, IMO.

Overall, based on the demo, it looks the NCAA team has done a really good job of fixing a lot of the core gameplay issues. They were right about the locomotion control, you have to actually play it to feel the difference.

I loved running off the edge and the DE didn't magically break off his block and tackle me plus I had a receiver doing his best to block for me downfield. The running game felt natural.

Top Bottom