• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty Thread

GCQuinton

xfb6nr.jpg

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Wire Home Page

Current Season: Season Nine (Final Season)

Season One Human Game Matchups
Season Two Human Game Matchups
Season Three Human Game Matchups
Season Four Human Game Matchups
Season Five Human Game Matchups
Season Six Human Game Matchups
Season Seven Human Game Matchups
Season Eight Human Game Matchups
Season Nine Human Game Matchups

National Champions:

YVCGjhX

Heisman Trophy Winners:

S85tF2F

Basic Rules:

1. Play legit. If I have to explain this at length, think twice about signing up.

2. Get your games in on time. If you know you're not going to be around for a game (or two, or ten) let me know and I'll put your team on autopilot (CPU-controlled) until you return.

3. This online dynasty is being run "career" style. As such, all incoming members must select a team that has a prestige of three stars or less with an overall team rating no higher than 89.

4. New For This Year's Dynasty: Since this year's game supports email notifications for when we advance, I'll need everyone to sign up for that so they get notices. I'll also post in the thread when we do as I've been doing the last two leagues.

Other Rules:

1. Games will be played at the All-American difficulty (with modified sliders) with six minute quarters. This subject to change once the game is out.

2. In those games against the CPU where you're flat out dominating, you will be required to mass sub your second offensive and defensive teams into the game once you're leading by 35 points. To expand on this more, once you reach the 50 point mark, run the clock out on offense pre-snap and run clock killing plays until the game's over (no matter what quarter you're in). For games that still go past 60 and 70 points, I'll get in touch with the team owner first and issue a warning. If you wind up Supersimming a game and it does this, let me know or I'll assume you ran the score up.

3. In weeks where there is more than one all-human matchup, there will be a 3 day window to play your games. New For This Year's Dynasty: We're speeding things up a bit on the CPU game side. On weeks where there are one or no human matchups, there will be a 2 day window to play your game. For those who need more time, let me know or I'll assume you just forgot to play your game and will sim it.

4. While I encourage everyone to post in the thread, a good portion of the members of this dynasty don't. For that reason, be sure to contact your opponents via PM, the online dynasty website, or Xbox Live messaging in the situations where they don't.

5. All members will required to play at least four human controlled opponents in a season. This will obviously scale depending on the amount of members in the league.

6. Weeks will be advanced immediately after everyone's games have been played. This essentially means to take care of your recruiting ASAP, because I'm not waiting for you to do it. It doesn't take that long to do, and you can do it from practically anywhere now thanks to this year's web features. Hate to be an ass about this one, but I gotta keep things moving. If you don't want to handle the recruiting yourself, let the CPU take over and set the "Ready to Advance" notice so we can move on.

7. Deadlines for each week's games are Midnight EST.

Rules regarding coaching changes:

I'll handle this manually via point system as I did last year.

List of Current Members:

1. GCQuinton (South Carolina)
2. KanZolo (Michigan)
3. BigAT (Rutgers)
4. Striker (Marshall)
5. Nightz (California)
6. Big Papa Husker (Minnesota)
7. MWS Natural (Nevada)

Waiting List:

GCQuinton

KanZolo said:
very pumped. Sparty on.

May i suggest 6 minute quarters (is kill the clock back?)

It is, but I wanna get a few games in when it comes out before I set the quarter length.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Still in for ole miss if you'll have me. Think I'm more interested in the NCAA leagues, than coming back for madden 11

GCQuinton

Lonestar said:
Still in for ole miss if you'll have me. Think I'm more interested in the NCAA leagues, than coming back for madden 11

I'll keep you in mind if we don't fill up. Right now, the focus is making sure everybody gets in at least one league.

GCQuinton

And we're officially full. Still waiting to hear from Az though since he may wanna play Clemson in the other league.

After my day off is over today, I plan on fast forwarding to next Tuesday, with the exception of Saturday since it'll be my daughter's bday.

I hope this is a joke but it's a post by one of the OpSports forum members so who knows....

I sent this to EA Sports earlier and I hope all of you here will do the same. The only way we can get change is to have a voice and voice it! I have read this board and I know some here have had their ideas used with not even a thank you. Its time EA hears from us.

Dear EA,

Hello. I hope this email finds you well. I am writing you in hopes that you can help me. I have been a loyal customer of your college football game since it was 10 yard fight. I have purchased the game every year and every year I am always in some way disappointed with the game. Last year it was Iowa's uniforms and how the sliders were all messed up. Every year I send an email about what I'd like seen changed in the game and every year my ideas are used but I never receive a thank you or even an email about my suggestions. Im not asking for money but I would like to point out what I have done for EA over the years.

- I came up with the Heisman idea

- I came up with the Dynasty idea

- I came up with the alternate uniform idea

- I came up with the spread offense idea

- I came up with the name generator

The list could go on and on and on. The point is I have made you a lot of money over the years and have never received one kind word from EA. Not one. Last year my 13 year old cousin had a seazure while playing the game and while I know it was due to the game I did not say a word about it. I think it has to do with something in the color code you guys use in the Miami of Ohio uniform and the way it moves across the tv screen. Heck I even emailed you about that and didnt even get a reply. A close friend of mine is Barrett Jones of Alabama and you guys rated him something like a 59 last year and he was the starting guard. This year I think you have him rated in the 60's and he was an All-American last year! Who in the world do you guys have working down there? I know I could do a much better job than that guy does. Its probably a woman because I dont think any man could make those kinds of mistakes unless he doesnt know much about football. The point of all this is that I would like some sort of award for my ideas that I have given you guys over the years. Maybe you could give me a free game this year.

Best regards,

Odell Dodd

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Apparently someone at OpSports has already managed to get their hands on the game......and so it begins! Unfortunately, I don't have any mom n' pop stores near me.

That dude is extremely delusional. Man I need to find where I can get an early copy, don't think I've ever played a demo this much lol. I can't wait for the full version to come out with all of the fixes though. With so many playbooks its going to take forever to find one to stick with.

GCQuinton

Menelaus said:
I'm gone for 2 weeks and don't get a spot in either league, even though I was one of the first commitments in the interest thread.

Cool.

edit: AND some cheeser is taking TAMU, which was my first choice. salt in the fucking wounds.

Whether you were the first to "commit" to an interest list isn't even relevant since I'm looking for dependable people in general. Getting banned isn't really a good look for that. At this point you've got one of two options:

1. Since Az's in the other league, you can ask him if he'd like to give up his spot in this one for you to get in.

2. I add you to the waiting list and we go from there. Two people on the member list I haven't heard from since they posted in the interest thread, so maybe one of them won't show up and you'll be able to get in that way.

Menelaus

Banned
1) That was sarcasm, of course I'm not getting a spot if I'm banned. You had no clue how long I would be gone.

2) If a spot opens, so be it. Put me on the waiting list, I've got a couple of other leagues as backups.

3) Riffing on Obama and getting banned is no indication of my dependability :lol

GCQuinton

Menelaus said:
1) That was sarcasm, of course I'm not getting a spot if I'm banned. You had no clue how long I would be gone.

2) If a spot opens, so be it. Put me on the waiting list, I've got a couple of other leagues as backups.

3) Riffing on Obama and getting banned is no indication of my dependability :lol

I didn't know what you got banned for, but my attempting to communicate with banned members for the last two years in this online dynasty say otherwise.

I'll add you to the waiting list.

BigAT

Menelaus said:

It shows you're not a dependable citizen. Why do you hate America?

Menelaus said:
I'm gone for 2 weeks and don't get a spot in either league, even though I was one of the first commitments in the interest thread.

Cool.

edit: AND some cheeser is taking TAMU, which was my first choice. salt in the fucking wounds.

4zt20i.gif

mik

mik is unbeatable
Sweet--my pasty, surly Mormons are ready to take the field.

This is my least favorite week of the year, btw. When I go store-to-store trying to score an early copy and failing miserably. Happens every year.

KanZolo

got an email from Dell the other day saying it would be shipped 7/26 :/

...but just got an email saying it shipped and should be here the 13th

GCQuinton

My copy from Amazon will be on the 13th, so I'm cool with that. NCAA '04's the only one I managed to get early at the store.

It looks like OS guys have already started work on the roster files too, so there's a small chance that they could be ready to roll on Tuesday.

GCQuinton said:
My copy from Amazon will be on the 13th, so I'm cool with that. NCAA '04's the only one I managed to get early at the store.

It looks like OS guys have already started work on the roster files too, so there's a small chance that they could be ready to roll on Tuesday.

That would be a very nice thing to have so I can get my offline dynasty started.

Nightz

Yeah I have my copy from Amazon coming with release date shipping as well. It's just that with NCAA and Madden, the last 5 days before release become unbearable for me. :lol

Nightz said:
Yeah I have my copy from Amazon coming with release date shipping as well. It's just that with NCAA and Madden, the last 5 days before release become unbearable for me. :lol

For me, it's knowing that there are other people playing it and enjoying it but we have to wait until Tuesday. :(

Work on Tuesday will be a hellish 8 hours. :lol

Lonestar

Crap, what to do with this Dell shit. Sure, it's $20 saved, but I'm impatient.... :|

BigAT

Lonestar said:
Crap, what to do with this Dell shit. Sure, it's $20 saved, but I'm impatient.... :|
If you have a Walmart, Gamestop, etc. near you, you can buy it there on release date and then return the copy you get from Dell.

Lonestar

KanZolo said:
what he said

Well, I'm looking at the site, I just want to cancel it before it ships. Only thing I see is a phone number. Pure Shite. :lol

KanZolo

Lonestar said:
Well, I'm looking at the site, I just want to cancel it before it ships. Only thing I see is a phone number. Pure Shite. :lol
Dont cancel it. on 7/13 buy it from Target or somewhere. Play it until your Dell copy arrives.

Take your sealed Dell copy and return it to Target with the Target receipt.

That way you get it for $40 and can play it day one

BigAT

KanZolo said:
got an email from Dell the other day saying it would be shipped 7/26 :/

...but just got an email saying it shipped and should be here the 13th
I just got an email saying mine was shipped as well. Estimated delivery of the 12th, so at least by the 13th seems pretty definite.

GCQuinton said:

I have a very loose connection with one of the guys that works on the rosters (he's also a Rutgers fan) and he said the fact that they published the TeamBuilder rosters online is going to help them a lot this year. All of them are able to put together templates for the teams beforehand and then simply input the info in-game when it releases as opposed to having to wait to do the research until the game is out.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Did you guys choose free shipping on dell? Mine shipped, but wtf estimated delivery is the 27th in the email.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
So did I, but wtf with my estimated delivery date. It better be wrong.

Top Bottom