• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty Thread

KanZolo

what are the chances of having dynasty vs dynasty matches at the end of each season? I guess it would be hard to have seasons end at same time but highest ranked/best record face each other, 2vs2, 3vs3. etc etc

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
KanZolo said:
what are the chances of having dynasty vs dynasty matches at the end of each season? I guess it would be hard to have seasons end at same time but highest ranked/best record face each other, 2vs2, 3vs3. etc etc

Maybe there is a tournament play type option. If not, just individual games played, with the bracket done here.

But I assume that teams you would be using, would be off the default teams from EA. So in year 2 and on, you would revert back to year 1 rosters to play these games. Unless there's a way to "upload" teams for play.

Lonestar

storybook77 said:
Fairdale Kings 360 rosters should be done on Wednesday per an OpSports member.

Seems like OS's 360 roster, has included at least 1 created player. Sentrel Henderson on Miami.

GCQuinton

Lonestar said:
Maybe there is a tournament play type option. If not, just individual games played, with the bracket done here.

But I assume that teams you would be using, would be off the default teams from EA. So in year 2 and on, you would revert back to year 1 rosters to play these games. Unless there's a way to "upload" teams for play.

Nice idea, but I don't really see the point of it for that reason. On top of that enough of us are gonna be busy in two leagues when Madden starts up anyway, so I just don't see this being something everybody would jump at.

storybook77 said:
Fairdale Kings 360 rosters should be done on Wednesday per an OpSports member.

This is good news :D . That said, how soon are you guys looking to get this started?

GCQuinton said:
This is good news :D . That said, how soon are you guys looking to get this started?

I say we should have at least a week to get used to all of the new stuff before we get started. Also, to figure out sliders and what not.

Menelaus

Banned
I'll give up my spot to Lonestar. Going to be very busy at the end of this month, don't want to hold you guys back.

storybook77 said:
I say we should have at least a week to get used to all of the new stuff before we get started. Also, to figure out sliders and what not.

In previous seasons sliders have been used? Can you give me an example of what types of things have been adjusted?

Let's look to kick it off next Monday, or Sunday. What's the first deadline of the week? Wednesday? If so, let's start on Sunday. It'll give people a few days to get their first games in/get the recruiting train rolling.

GCQuinton

MWS Natural said:
In previous seasons sliders have been used? Can you give me an example of what types of things have been adjusted?

Last year, the gameplay sliders were default on All-American but the penalty sliders were were tweaked. It caused a bit of a problem the first few weeks since I had them maxed out at first and it worked too well. Everybody was getting called for something every play :lol

GCQuinton

Azwethinkweiz said:
Let's look to kick it off next Monday, or Sunday. What's the first deadline of the week? Wednesday? If so, let's start on Sunday. It'll give people a few days to get their first games in/get the recruiting train rolling.

Once the rosters are done, I'll be setting the dynasty up. When we start I don't know yet, but it'll likely be between Monday and Wednesday of next week and we'll figure out the deadline then. You should know how I do deadlines by now, but since you brought it up allow me to do my weekly READ THE OP post to members. Regarding the advancing and recruiting, as stated in the OP:

3. In weeks where there is more than one all-human matchup, there will be a 4 day window to play your games. New For This Year's Dynasty: We're speeding things up a bit on the CPU game side. On weeks where there are no human matchups, there will be a 2 day window to play your game. For those who need more time, let me know or I'll assume you just forgot to play your game and will sim it.

6. Weeks will be advanced immediately after everyone's games have been played. This essentially means to take care of your recruiting ASAP, because I'm not waiting for you to do it. It doesn't take that long to do, and you can do it from practically anywhere now thanks to this year's web features. Hate to be an ass about this one, but I gotta keep things moving. If you don't want to handle the recruiting yourself, let the CPU take over and set the "Ready to Advance" notice so we can move on.

GCQuinton said:
Last year, the gameplay sliders were default on All-American but the penalty sliders were were tweaked. It caused a bit of a problem the first few weeks since I had them maxed out at first and it worked too well. Everybody was getting called for something every play :lol

Oh that's cool, I will need to try out All-American since I have been playing the demo on Heisman so far.

GCQuinton

MWS Natural said:
Oh that's cool, I will need to try out All-American since I have been playing the demo on Heisman so far.
I have too. The difficulty level will be decided when we've all played a few games after it comes out.

KanZolo

GCQuinton said:
The blocking was also off at because one game John Clay racked up 300 yards on me

GCQuinton said:
I have too. The difficulty level will be decided when we've all played a few games after it comes out.

Yeah my friend and I play a good amount of head to head games on the demo. Sometimes the scores are completely out of hand 40+ but other times they are defensive struggles that end up 14-7. Big plays are such a huge part of this game it can go anyway at any time.

BigAT

Lonestar said:
Did you go with free shipping or what?
Yep.

Good to see that people already know how to play like assholes online. I just played a ranked game and I guess there is a defense where you can drop all 11 players into coverage, as the guy I played against was doing it every down. Thankfully I made some quick adjustments and ending up winning relatively easily, but it was a rather quick reminder why I usually only play in leagues like this.

Lonestar

BigAT said:
Yep.

Good to see that people already know how to play like assholes online. I just played a ranked game and I guess there is a defense where you can drop all 11 players into coverage, as the guy I played against was doing it every down. Thankfully I made some quick adjustments and ending up winning relatively easily, but it was a rather quick reminder why I usually only play in leagues like this.

Quick Adjustment = Run up the middle?

Did I get that right??? :lol

BigAT

Lonestar said:
Quick Adjustment = Run up the middle?

Did I get that right??? :lol
More or less. Sadly, it really wasn't as effective as it should have been. I still got alright yardage though, but I also just hung back for literally 5-10 seconds and just waited for a hole in the zone.

BigAT said:
Yep.

Damn that sucks, I can only imagine the crazy shit people are going to come up with 120 different playbooks to use. For example Florida's playbook would be insane with Georgia Tech or Miami with Mizzou's.

Lonestar

MWS Natural said:
Damn that sucks, I can only imagine the crazy shit people are going to come up with 120 different playbooks to use. For example Florida's playbook would be insane with Georgia Tech or Miami with Missouri's.

EA wouldn't do it, But I'd love to combine playbooks, so I could bust out Some Triple Option, Single Back, Spread, Pro Wishbone.

Otherwise known as the A-11

Lonestar said:
EA wouldn't do it, But I'd love to combine playbooks, so I could bust out Some Triple Option, Single Back, Spread, Pro Wishbone.

Otherwise known as the A-11

I think offenses are already going to be unstoppable as it is with the default playbooks. I couldn't imagine having to deal with the Pistol Spread Wishbone :lol

mik

mik is unbeatable
Ugh. That's terrible. Sorry, dude.

I'm on the way to Gamestop to nab my copy presently. HYPE.

mjb3611

Has anyone gotten their online access code to work? Mine says it's unable to process it right now. And then whenever I try to actually play online I'm having major delays and my 360 froze like 10 minutes ago.

....Better make it twice that it's frozen now. What is going on?

mjb3611 said:
Has anyone gotten their online access code to work? Mine says it's unable to process it right now. And then whenever I try to actually play online I'm having major delays and my 360 froze like 10 minutes ago.

....Better make it twice that it's frozen now. What is going on?

I was able to but I did it at 1AM this morning when I got home with the game.

I played 2 hours last night offline and the defense is MUCH improved from the demo (Heisman Level). Defenders now fight to get off blocks and come off quickly to attack the ball carrier when they have outside leverage on a play. I am very impressed, perhaps this game won't be the score fest I initially thought it would be.

Haven't had a chance to sit down and look at any of the playbooks outside of Nevada's but look forward to it this week :D

* Fixed an exploit where the QB could walk through the defense when the ball is snapped, with a guaranteed a gain of over 50 yards.

* Tuned QB fumbling on scrambles, resolving an issue where the QB would fumble every time if hit past the line of scrimmage.

* Improved deep zone coverage assignments, making it significantly more difficult to be beaten by the deep ball. In particular, deep zones have been improved against Streak routes.

* Tuned QB throwing out of a sack. Previously, it was too easy for a QB to throw the ball while being tackled; this has been toned down to be more accurate.

* Resolved an error with pursuit angles, which resulted in defenders over pursuing the ball carrier every play. The angle was fixed to be slightly more aggressive, creating a more accurate pursuit.

* Tuned the read and react assignment for linebackers, especially outside linebackers, before the handoff. This will make it more difficult to run the ball outside the Tackles.

* Fixed an issue with the CPU ball carrier being stuck in a forward lean animation. Also lowered the frequency of CPU ball carriers leaning.

* Resolved an issue where AI players in man coverage assignment would swerve when covering particular vertical routes, causing them to be beat repeatedly.

* Ball carriers will no longer go into a tightrope assignment when running along the sideline. This was causing the player’s speed to decrease to 70%.

* Resolved an issue that was causing tackles to not matchup in online games, potentially causing a crash in online games.

* Footsliding will no longer occur when the ball carrier has the ball in their left hand.

* Tuned CPU screen passes so they will get rid of the ball faster, resulting in less sacks.

* Resolved a crash that occurred if connection is lost before entering a game mode.

http://www.pastapadre.com/2010/07/12/ncaa-football-11-release-day-patch-details

GCQuinton

Managed to get a few games in earlier today and I'm liking it a lot so far. It plays a little slower than the demo too. I've been playing with the web stuff for the last hour or so now.

KanZolo, your spot's safe so don't worry about anything. Sorry to hear about the RROD, man.

GCQuinton

Looks like the OS Community guys are in the home stretch for the rosters. Fairdale's may be done tomorrow or Thursday last I checked.

GCQuinton said:
Looks like the OS Community guys are in the home stretch for the rosters. Fairdale's may be done tomorrow or Thursday last I checked.
Good news. They do the names for every player on each roster I assume. So we will have names until the 4th season?

GCQuinton

MWS Natural said:
Good news. They do the names for every player on each roster I assume. So we will have names until the 4th season?

5th/6th season for real players counting redshirts and transfers. All recruits are named coming in.

KanZolo

GCQuinto said:
KanZolo, your spot's safe so don't worry about anything. Sorry to hear about the RROD, man.

Yea, garbage hardware, whatchagonnado.

Perhaps a bye first or 2nd week if that's possible. Also will be out of town July 25 to Aug 1.

Top Bottom