• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty Thread

Nightz

Big Papa Husker said:
Just got home. Give me 10-15.
Sorry bro, waited as long as I could, but I gotta get some stuff done. I set myself to autopilot so you can play the CPU. Won't have any time tomorrow.

I apologize to you guys for missing my last two games, but my schedule's been really crazy the past few weeks. I'll be done with all this wedding planning stuff by the time NCAA 12 rolls around so I'll just see you guys then. It's been fun. =D

Wasn't sure if you weren't going to do some kind of final season closeout but here are a few pics I took over the course of the league:

First Season:
d15Wjl.jpg

Final Season:
dIoZBl.jpg

BigAT said:
Your team got stupider.
My team was only "stupid" the past two years. Before that we were pretty mediocre, borderline terrible talent wise. Rutgers, Texas Tech and Arkansas were pretty pimped out from year 3 on though.

BigAT said:
I mean Academic Prestige, it went down from year 1 to the conclusion.
Oh haha, I thought you were using slang. Yeah it was probably all of the JUCO guys I recruited.

You guys see the latest OD video? I posed it in the NCAA 12 Gaming thread.

Nightz

So who won the Rose Bowl?

I'll be trading in my copy of 11 this weekend. Just wanted to say thanks and good job to GCQ for running this thing. :)

GCQuinton

Nightz said:
So who won the Rose Bowl?

I'll be trading in my copy of 11 this weekend. Just wanted to say thanks and good job to GCQ for running this thing. :)

BPH won it 34-20.

I'm getting ready to trade my copy in too, but until NCAA 12 comes out we can use this thread for any additional news and other stuff before I start the interest thread. That'll likely be in about a month or so.

BigAT

Yeah, I shipped mine off to Amazon this morning.

Thanks again to the commish for all his commissionering. Most successful GAF league ever?

BigAT said:
Yeah, I shipped mine off to Amazon this morning.

Thanks again to the commish for all his commissionering. Most successful GAF league ever?
Yeah, thanks for the great league guys. Can't wait to get into NCAA12. I think the conference changes and the coaching offers will make it much more fun.

GCQuinton said:
BPH won it 34-20.

I'm getting ready to trade my copy in too, but until NCAA 12 comes out we can use this thread for any additional news and other stuff before I start the interest thread. That'll likely be in about a month or so.
Before you trade it in, could you give me commish? Natural and I are going to play out at least one more season with our guys. Let me know if anyone else wants to join up.

Great job GCQ, we had a few bumps here and there but overall the league was a great experience and a lot of fun.

I wonder how many of the people who fell by wayside will return for next year.

Striker

MWS Natural said:
:(

Offense going to be so broken next year unless they made the defense 100 times better.
Of course custom playbooks are going to be brutal online in exhibitions and whatnot. Thankfully we have guidelines.

BPH, I got your message on AIM. I traded it in last week. Preordered '12 though! ;)

GCQuinton

Striker said:
Of course custom playbooks are going to be brutal online in exhibitions and whatnot. Thankfully we have guidelines.

BPH, I got your message on AIM. I traded it in last week. Preordered '12 though! ;)

And, like I mentioned a little while ago, a "three strikes and you're out" rule that applies for rule violations across ALL seasons. We're tightening up ship a bit.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Striker said:

Guidelines on playbooks?

Thought this addition would be great, as I could never find a single playbook with all the formations I'd like to have. Figured this would solve that.

GCQuinton

Lonestar said:
Guidelines on playbooks?

Thought this addition would be great, as I could never find a single playbook with all the formations I'd like to have. Figured this would solve that.

Nah, not on playbooks. Just a general rule for people that might think to start playing crazy because of it. Shouldn't be too much of a problem around here, though.

Striker said:
YES, extremely brutal. Well it's college football so there aren't many guidelines you can put on someones offense. Outside of maybe can't run wildcat 20 times a game or something crazy. Some teams really do pass the ball 40 times a game, some really do run it 40 times a game.

Lonestar said:
Guidelines on playbooks?

It's going to be incredibly broken unless they really went all out with the defense.
GCQuinton said:
Nah, not on playbooks. Just a general rule for people that might think to start playing crazy because of it. Shouldn't be too much of a problem around here, though.
What's considered crazy? An unstoppable offense that scores every drive? lol I just don't see how any good player can get stopped if they have all of the best plays and formations in the same playbook. You have to just pray and rely on fumbles and/or WR drops.

GCQuinton

MWS Natural said:
What's considered crazy? An unstoppable offense that scores every drive? lol I just don't see how any good player can get stopped if they have all of the best plays and formations in the same playbook. You have to just pray and rely on fumbles and/or WR drops.

The short answer to that is play like you've got some common sense and don't spam/cheese it up. I'm still thinking some stuff over, but in general, if enough people (likely 3) come to me about a person's play style I'll consider it a strike.

GCQuinton said:
The short answer to that is play like you've got some common sense and don't spam/cheese it up. I'm still thinking some stuff over, but in general, if enough people (likely 3) come to me about a person's play style I'll consider it a strike.
I understand what you are saying but my point is that some teams play 'cheesy' in real life college football. I mean I've played someone who ran Auburn's offense(w/ updated rosters) to the T and I was frustrated as hell the entire game. I really couldn't stop the guy but he ran the read option and the QB about 20 times during the game. Some may consider it cheese but that's very realistic for the actual Auburn offense. When people can't stop you they are more apt to get frustrated, quit or call "cheese".

GCQuinton

MWS Natural said:
I understand what you are saying but my point is that some teams play 'cheesy' in real life college football. I mean I've played someone who ran Auburn's offense(w/ updated rosters) to the T and I was frustrated as hell the entire game. I really couldn't stop the guy but he ran the read option and the QB about 20 times during the game. Some may consider it cheese but that's very realistic for the actual Auburn offense. When people can't stop you they are more apt to get frustrated, quit or call "cheese".

You're overthinking it. Just play. That said, with the exception of you and BPH everyone in this year's dynasty has played in multiple dynasties of mine going back to when we started in '09 and I trust their judgment. They're not going to cry "cheese" for the sake of doing it, so when they do I'll look into it from there.

Striker

Lonestar said:
Guidelines on playbooks?

I'm not talking "Run N Shoot" or anything, but guarantee you'll run into people online in any exhibition meet-up games using custom playbooks filled with money plays.

Striker said:
I'm not talking "Run N Shoot" or anything, but guarantee you'll run into people online in any exhibition meet-up games using custom playbooks filled with money plays.
I mean why wouldn't you? Why even bother creating a custom playbook if you weren't going to put your best plays in there? That's why I am not a big fan of this because no one is going to intentionally leave out effective plays.

GCQuinton said:
You're overthinking it. Just play. That said, with the exception of you and BPH everyone in this year's dynasty has played in multiple dynasties of mine going back to when we started in '09 and I trust their judgment. They're not going to cry "cheese" for the sake of doing it, so when they do I'll look into it from there.
Gotcha. I guess I just had some GAF Madden league flashbacks lol..

Top Bottom