• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty Thread

Striker

Only playing Road to Glory so far, and it's outstanding. Lots of things feel so much nicer to use.

Though I need to play some of you guys or some from the other NCAA league; at least to warm up to getting roasted. :)

Striker said:
Only playing Road to Glory so far, and it's outstanding. Lots of things feel so much nicer to use.

Though I need to play some of you guys or some from the other NCAA league; at least to warm up to getting roasted. :)

Ill be available for a little bit tomorrow night and also most of the day thursday so hit me up striker

Menelaus

Banned
I feel like I'm the only person struggling to get a good connection online. I haven't seen ANY topics about this on OS or the EA forums, but I'm getting very stuttery gameplay when I do a ranked match. There's also a really long pause between the time we hit our plays and it switches to the line of scrimage.

Anyone else seeing this?

I have a decent 10mb/s connection, open ports, and don't have lag issues on any other game.

I love, love, love, this game. I beat San Jose St. 105-10 (I simmed the 4th quarter) and yes I mass subbed in the 2nd team offense/defense for the 2nd half. Penn St. put up a better fight though and I beat them 24-10. You can definitely tell a difference between the good and bad teams this year, more so then you could before. Once Ingram or Richardson got to San Jose's secondary, they were gone to the house. Penn St.'s back 7 were much more disciplined and quicker so I had to actually work for the yardage. It's great to finally be able to throw the deep ball and the receiver has, gasp, separation from the CB.

Like FMT noted in the other thread, all of the routes seem to work like they should. I haven't had any issues getting pressure on the QB either. I witnessed the CPU QB actually throw the ball away on one play and that's just unheard of!

BigAT

Maybe it's just because all of my RB's have low carry ratings, but is it just me or does the fumble rate seem pretty high this year?

It's frustrating that my starting RB has a carry rating of 75 despite having just a single fumble in 206 attempts last year.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
storybook77 said:
I love, love, love, this game. I beat San Jose St. 105-10 (I simmed the 4th quarter) and yes I mass subbed in the 2nd team offense/defense for the 2nd half. Penn St. put up a better fight though and I beat them 24-10. You can definitely tell a difference between the good and bad teams this year, more so then you could before. Once Ingram or Richardson got to San Jose's secondary, they were gone to the house. Penn St.'s back 7 were much more disciplined and quicker so I had to actually work for the yardage. It's great to finally be able to throw the deep ball and the receiver has, gasp, separation from the CB.

Like FMT noted in the other thread, all of the routes seem to work like they should. I haven't had any issues getting pressure on the QB either. I witnessed the CPU QB actually throw the ball away on one play and that's just unheard of!

GMAC likes to throw INT's for me :/

Lonestar said:
GMAC likes to throw INT's for me :/

He threw one against San Jose St. and none against Penn St. Kirkpatrick has already had 2 INTs for me though, over the shoulder catches which was nice to see a DB do.

I forgot to mention that I'm playing on All-American. No one has scored an offensive touchdown on me yet. The D is just nasty. I had one play where the Penn St. guy went to turn the corner and my LB was waiting on him so he just stopped like he knew he was fucked.

Nightz

Are the rosters available yet? I want to start an online dynasty for myself (so I can handle stuff from the web here at work :lol), but would prefer not to have fake names.

Nightz said:
Are the rosters available yet? I want to start an online dynasty for myself (so I can handle stuff from the web here at work :lol), but would prefer not to have fake names.

Fairdale Kings' roster might be available tonight but no later than tomorrow according to OpSports. His are normally the closest to being spot on, IMO.

Lonestar

Nightz said:

There was one from bigbenxx7. It's got alot in there, but it's not complete.

I think the complete rosters are almost done. Like within 24 hours of being done.

Think my passing problems, is me still trying to QB like I did in Madden 10. Plus, holding onto the ball too long, and the DJ Fluker RT isn't very strong at pass protecting. Constant pressure from the right side.

Also, CPU jumping the snap is annoying, if I happen to forget to fake the snap. Seems like PA bootlegs out of the Pistol can be instant sack. :lol

Story: How are you liking the playbook of Alabama? So many of the things they added last year are in the game. Had some deja vu moments back to the South Carolina game (Ingram's Drive)

Nightz

Awesome news about the rosters, tonight would be perfect for me.

I'm liking SDSU's offensive playbook. A lot of it is similar to the Bengals playbook in Madden so it's an easy transition. I miss the playcalling screen from Madden though. I still find myself hitting X or Y for the plays. :lol

Lonestar said:
There was one from bigbenxx7. It's got alot in there, but it's not complete.

I think the complete rosters are almost done. Like within 24 hours of being done.

Think my passing problems, is me still trying to QB like I did in Madden 10. Plus, holding onto the ball too long, and the DJ Fluker RT isn't very strong at pass protecting. Constant pressure from the right side.

Also, CPU jumping the snap is annoying, if I happen to forget to fake the snap. Seems like PA bootlegs out of the Pistol can be instant sack. :lol

Story: How are you liking the playbook of Alabama? So many of the things they added last year are in the game. Had some deja vu moments back to the South Carolina game (Ingram's Drive)

I'm loving the playbook. I'm noticing that I really seem to have to set up plays like for instance the PA that you mentioned. Even ran a wild tide run for a first down last night to kill the clock against Penn St. I gotta give credit to EA, even though there a couple of big glitches (the PA screen and the fumble problem at the end of a half), they've done a phenomenal job on this game. The blocking and locomotion make huge differences in the way the game feels especially when running the ball.

Speaking of which, I kinda hate the reviews that knock the game for the offensive lineman occasionally missing an assignment or doing something stupid because that kind of thing happens in real life which to me makes it more realisitic if anything. As long as the better teams do less stupid stuff than the bad teams, I don't see the problem with it. It would be pretty shitty if all the players always nailed their assignments if you ask me.

Lonestar

I burned FMT (on a game that eventually disconnected with me up 14-0) with a Wild Tide Counter. He had EVERYONE to the right side of the formation, with Trent running left to right. Ingram counters left. 50+ yard TD.

Defense is so not fair. It'll keep me in any game, even the ones where I'll play shitty on offense.

Lonestar said:
I burned FMT (on a game that eventually disconnected with me up 14-0) with a Wild Tide Counter. He had EVERYONE to the right side of the formation, with Trent running left to right. Ingram counters left. 50+ yard TD.

Defense is so not fair. It'll keep me in any game, even the ones where I'll play shitty on offense.

Yea, my defense has allowed -9 rushing yards in 2 games. :lol

It was nice to see Penn St. keep trying to run in the second half though instead of just passing every down like in the past.

Lonestar

storybook77 said:
Yea, my defense has allowed -9 rushing yards in 2 games. :lol

It was nice to see Penn St. keep trying to run in the second half though instead of just passing every down like in the past.

I wonder if a Singularity Event would happen if we scrimmed Alabama versus Alabama.

KanZolo

Nightz said:
I miss the playcalling screen from Madden though. I still find myself hitting X or Y for the plays. :lol
Not sure how maddens screen is but NCAA's was so much better last year. My biggest complaint about the game I dont see how giving less plays at a time was thought as a good idea

storybook77 said:
Fairdale Kings' roster might be available tonight but no later than tomorrow according to OpSports. His are normally the closest to being spot on, IMO.

How does getting the rosters usually work? This is my first NCAA game.

GCQuinton

MWS Natural said:
How does getting the rosters usually work? This is my first NCAA game.

You go to 'Roster Share' in the Team Management menu and type in the user's gamertag. They automatically download after that if they've got a roster file.

Lonestar said:

pffft, you got 2 good runs on me in a game and a quarter.... with the best team in the game against an unranked team!

we'll see what happens in dynasty play my friend!

Striker

Liking a few of the Marshall players. They run a 3-4 like I did in Madden '10, but of course its a different beast. The Herd have like one good LB, a decent Freshman S, and nothing else. :lol Going to be difficult to build a decent, competitive defense.

Two Sr QB (one who's rated low) and one JR; going to be forced to draft QB in Year 1 and hope he's at least a 3 or 4 star recruit. OL is also ass, and aren't young, either.

They run a Spread offense, but I can change up that philosophy. Tomorrow I'll have to check out some various playbooks to catch my eye.

BigAT

On rosters:

"Putting the final touches on the Version 1.0 and we should have them uploaded around 3pm today. 4 at the latest "

GCQuinton

The OS community rosters are up at the following gamertags:

The Massacre771
CcAaRrSsOoNn3
Geauxlden
CK11

Online dynasty invites will be out within the hour, and we'll determine the actual start date after that.

Lonestar

GCQuinton said:

The Massacre771
CcAaRrSsOoNn3
Geauxlden
CK11

Online dynasty invites will be out within the hour, and we'll determine the actual start date after that.

Goodbye, Star Jackson, star of NCAA League 09 :(

*This is going by the talk of the community rosters being the one that fixed transfers, etc.

Things like Sentrel Henderson on Miami, Robert Marve on Purdue, and removeable of NUMEROUS players kicked off their teams for bar fights/drug rings/stealing laptops.

GCQuinton

Sent out a few invites before I had to head out for a bit.

League Name: NeoGAF
League PW: neogaf11

Apparently you need an EA account before an invite can be sent, so if you don't have one take care of that (KanZolo, circumstances aside). And I need gamertags for these folks:

Big Papa Husker
mik
MWS Natural

Lone, I'm waiting to hear back from Matrix before I send you an invite.

As far as sliders go, I've been using these the last few days and they've been pretty good IMO (only difference is 6 min quarters to his 8). Let me know what you guys think of them.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football-sliders/426045-sns-all-american-sliders.html

Lonestar

https://spreadsheets0.google.com/ccc?key=tcZHhsOAzcOZAcGmzW9FFYg#gid=0

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=t8sN91G3LSszawBbGk6pROQ&authkey=CPy0lNYI#gid=0

Posted in the other topic, but this is team info (how they run, if they are an aggressive tempo team i.e. no huddle) as well as what each playbook consists of, in case you decide your teams normal playbook doesn't fit how you want to operate.

About the minutes and speed of the game, still undecided. I tried 10 minutes early on, and that's just too long (since there's no 15-20 second accelerated clock like in Madden). 6 Seems to work, but 8 could be better for games with people. 5 Minutes could be doable, but then it's felt like the game ended a little too quickly.

Lonestar

You've also got the added on FIVE LEVELS OF SPEEEEEED.

I figure slower is better, but any opinions?

GCQuinton said:

Apparently you need an EA account before an invite can be sent, so if you don't have one take care of that (KanZolo, circumstances aside). And I need gamertags for these folks:

Big Papa Husker
mik
MWS Natural

As far as sliders go, I've been using these the last few days and they've been pretty good IMO (only difference is 6 min quarters to his 8). Let me know what you guys think of them.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football-sliders/426045-sns-all-american-sliders.html

MWS The Natural
cknight03@hotmail.com

Lonestar said:
You've also got the added on FIVE LEVELS OF SPEEEEEED.

I figure slower is better, but any opinions?

I, personally, prefer slow. I just tried normal and the set of sliders GCQ referenced and got trounced 33-0 by Florida. It was only 16-0 but time started running out and I started chucking the ball up for grabs. Maybe I can get used to it after a few more games but I couldn't get anything going on offense.

GCQuinton said:

Big Papa Husker
mik
MWS Natural

GCQuinton, you have a PM.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Signed in as well.

mik

mik is unbeatable
GCQuinton said:

mik

Sorry about that. My gamertag is:

:D

GCQuinton

Anybody who hasn't been sent an invite yet (KanZolo, MWS) need to set up an EA account. Once everybody's in (KanZolo's situation aside), I can get to scheduling.

KanZolo

GCQuinton said:
Anybody who hasn't been sent an invite yet (KanZolo, MWS) need to set up an EA account. Once everybody's in (KanZolo's situation aside), I can get to scheduling.
I might try to go play over a buddies house tomorrow, so invite me

And i already have an EA account

GCQuinton said:

I went through the account setup when the game first game on unless there is something else I need to do.

Striker said:
Trying to do a bit of red-shirting, and it's saying server errors. -_-

I was able to make the changes, hit back, get the error, quit, log back in, and it saved everything. It was a pain in the ass but it worked. Hope EA fixes their server issues before we're ready to get started.

Nightz

GCQuinton said:

The Massacre771
CcAaRrSsOoNn3
Geauxlden
CK11

Are the rosters from all four guys the same?

Edit: I also accepted the invite.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Nightz, download Fairdale Kings roster, that's usually the best.

Nightz

Matrix said:
Nightz, download Fairdale Kings roster, that's usually the best.
Yeah I got his already. I'm just wondering which we're using for this Online Franchise, so I can use the same one for my own OF.

Top Bottom