• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty Thread

KanZolo

we were playing and at half when it says like resume game or whatever, i accidentally quit because I was reading something when trying to continue.

I was losing 21-0 so I set it to autopilot so he can play CPU

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Fifteen Games

#6 Cal (Nightz) vs. #21 Michigan (KanZolo)

Rankings

Rutgers - #1 Coaches, #1 Media, #1 BCS
Nevada - #2 Coaches, #3 Media, #2 BCS
Minnesota - #4 Coaches, #4 Media, #4 BCS
Cal - #8 Coaches, #7 Media, #7 BCS
Marshall - #17 Coaches, #18 Media, #16 BCS
Michigan - #21 Coaches, #19 Media, #19 BCS

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Game of the Week

Cal vs. Michigan

WEEK FIFTEEN DEADLINE IS THURSDAY!!!

Nightz

Sorry, I was hoping to get a chance to play yesterday but our meeting with our wedding coordinator took longer than expected. I won't be available at all today so you can let the owl play the CPU or sim it.

Nightz said:
Sorry, I was hoping to get a chance to play yesterday but our meeting with our wedding coordinator took longer than expected. I won't be available at all today so you can let the owl play the CPU or sim it.

Taken my mantle and ran with it, I see. ;)

GCQuinton

Now, sure, you could customize conferences in NCAA Football 11, but that was really just a swap. You could switch a team out of a given conference, but you had to put another in its place. This year, you can do whatever the hell you want. You can take the Big 12 and drop it down to four teams or go nuts and crank it up to 16. You can set it so that your conference only plays weekday games, name the divisions, and even mess with who gets to go to which bowl. NCAA Football 12 gives you the keys and lets you drive the game wherever you want it to go.

Coaching Carousel, web advancement details there too but I'm assuming the above applies to Online Dynasty too since it's set before we start. Didn't feel copying and pasting it all. But yeah, with the ability to mess with the bowl game structure, assuming folks didn't switch teams I don't see why we couldn't roll with an all-human controlled custom conference.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1169273p1.html

BigAT

I got all excited that had a new play calling screen for '12 (I really hate the way it is set up in this year's version), but it looks like this is just for Super Sim.

ncaa12supersim.jpg

I just read the article... Holy shit... :O

BigAT said:
I got all excited that had a new play calling screen for '12 (I really hate the way it is set up in this year's version), but it looks like this is just for Super Sim.

ncaa12supersim.jpg
Thats the web version of Super Sim.

MWS Natural said:
Uh...so 2*Teams +everyone starting off as assistant coaches next year? :)
Hmmm, that could be good, but what happens when you play each other and you are only an OC? From what it sounds like, you won't control the other side AT ALL. Maybe that changes with OD. If that is the same in OD, I would hope you could just take HC jobs and not have to be a OC/DC for that reason.

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Conference Championship Week Games

SEC Championship Game: South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. #10 Alabama (CPU)

Rankings

Rutgers - #1 Coaches, #1 Media, #1 BCS
Nevada - #2 Coaches, #2 Media, #2 BCS
Minnesota - #4 Coaches, #4 Media, #4 BCS
Cal - #8 Coaches, #7 Media, #7 BCS
Marshall - #17 Coaches, #18 Media, #16 BCS

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK DEADLINE IS FRIDAY!!!

Playing my game tomorrow afternoon when I get home, so after that I'll advance to Bowl Week. We're in the home stretch, boys (and owl)!

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Bowl Season Games

Sheraton Hawaii Bowl: #16 Marshall (Striker) vs. North Carolina (CPU)
Outback Bowl: #25 Michigan (KanZolo) vs. LSU (CPU)
Capital One Bowl: South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. #7 Ohio State (CPU)
Rose Bowl: #4 Minnesota (BPH) vs. #6 Cal (Nightz)
BCS National Championship: #1 Rutgers (BigAT) vs. #2 Nevada (MWS Natural)

Heisman Trophy Winner

Jared Rice, QB, Nevada

Hey Nightz, when do you want to play?

Also, I will be continuing the dynasty, possibly up to the release of NCAA12. I wanted to check to see if anyone wanted to keep going as well. Let me know in the thread or by PM.

Good game. Such a big difference talent makes. Too bad I didn't really get much of it until the last couple of seasons. At least next year I will have a grasp of how recruiting works so I will get off to a better start, unless they completely change it.

Maddness

man. Anyone having a problem with Dynasty mode?

My friend and I have each made a dynasty and we can't get past the first game. it just hangs forever.

Maddness said:
man. Anyone having a problem with Dynasty mode?

My friend and I have each made a dynasty and we can't get past the first game. it just hangs forever.
Played earlier today and it was fine, not sure about now though.

Nightz

Big Papa Husker said:
Nightz? Hello? Are you there?

We will have to play before 10PM central on Tuesday, because I will be out of town Wednesday.
Sorry, wedding is a month away and I've been super busy and exhausted. I'll try to be around tonight.

BigAT

Why would you go and fuck up all the good will and momentum you had NCAA?

@PastaPadre said:
Hey remember new features advancing weeks or simming games from the NCAA Football 12 online dynasty website? Yeah not free. EACH costs $3.

So messed up.

GCQuinton

In an offline dynasty you are on your own to determine your starting job, but in an Online Dynasty the commissioner can force everyone to climb their way up the coaching ladder by restricting which jobs are available when joining the dynasty (i.e. everyone starts as a 1-star Coordinator, start as a 3-star Head Coach or lower, etc.).

th_HomerLaugh.gif

Full article here, with additional details coming later this week:

http://www.ea.com/ncaa-football/blog/dynasty-overview

It sounds like no automatic conference invites, but with the ability to change conferences at the beginning of each season, I guess the commish can do it. I'm assuming you would want it to be similar to the way we did team changes with points and such... get so many points as a mid-major and you could add them to another conference.

Anyway....
MWS Natural said:

BigAT said:
Why would you go and fuck up all the good will and momentum you had NCAA?
So messed up.
It's only 240 points, not bad for what it allows you to do.

Big Papa Husker said:
It sounds like no automatic conference invites, but with the ability to change conferences at the beginning of each season, I guess the commish can do it. I'm assuming you would want it to be similar to the way we did team changes with points and such... get so many points as a mid-major and you could add them to another conference.
Hell yeah. Good all the GQ Points I accrued this year will carry over to next years ga-...oh wait they won't...shit!

Seriously though who's with me starting next year as a 1* Offensive Coordinator!?

MWS Natural said:
Hell yeah. Good all the GQ Points I accrued this year will carry over to next years ga-...oh wait they won't...shit!

Seriously though who's with me starting next year as a 1* Offensive Coordinator!?
I think that OC/DC would suck because the game wouldn't fully be in your control. I think a low star dynasty would be fun. We would have to work to get into a bowl and recruit our guys. If we did that, maybe maximum 2* in a mid major conference.

Big Papa Husker said:
I think that OC/DC would suck because the game wouldn't fully be in your control. I think a low star dynasty would be fun. We would have to work to get into a bowl and recruit our guys. If we did that, maybe maximum 2* in a mid major conference.
I was only partially serious. I enjoy controlling my players too much to give up that ability. I guess where the maximum stars are at depends on if they increase from 12 players (which I doubt) and the other league joins up with us. I'm still not sure if I would start in a mid major conference again though.

GCQuinton

Big Papa Husker said:

That's the point, though. You've gotta earn it!!

I'd personally be cool going with the 2* route OC/DC route, but that's just my personal preference. Conference doesn't really matter anymore since I'll be able to move it. Ours is at least gonna be 3* HC, though. If people wanna go lower, I'm cool with that. Even if the other guys can come over, that's not changing.

GCQuinton said:
That's the point, though. You've gotta earn it!!

I'd personally be cool going with the 2* route OC/DC route, but that's just my personal preference. Conference doesn't really matter anymore since I'll be able to move it. Ours is at least gonna be 3* HC, though. If people wanna go lower, I'm cool with that. Even if the other guys can come over, that's not changing.
1* or 2* would be fine for me. That would make it really interesting and we would have some good storylines... Can Natural do it again, Can BP win user games, etc...

Top Bottom