• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty Thread

NRcusl.jpg

BigAT

MWS Natural said:
Awesome. Fun vacation?
Yeah, although it wasn't exactly a vacation, just visiting my sister in Boston. Went well aside from the weather, which resulted in being at Fenway for 7 hours in a row.

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Eight Games

South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. LSU (CPU)
#10 Cal (Nightz) vs. Washington (CPU)
#2 Rutgers (BigAT) vs. UConn (CPU)
#5 Nevada (MWS Natural) vs. Louisiana Tech (CPU)
#14 Minnesota (BPH) vs. #9 Penn State (CPU)
#25 Marshall (Striker) vs. UTEP (CPU)

IDLE: #12 Michigan (KanZolo)

Rankings

Rutgers - #2 Coaches, #1 Media
Nevada - #5 Coaches, #6 Media
Cal - #10 Coaches, #10 Media
Michigan - #12 Coaches, #12 Media
Minnesota - #14 Coaches, #16 Media
Marshall - #25 Coaches, #23 Media

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Game of the Week

Minnesota vs. Penn State

WEEK EIGHT DEADLINE IS TUESDAY!!!

GCQuinton said:
One of these former residents is now a Heisman candidate, and who it is may surprise you!
Seriously though...why can't a Cornerback win a Heisman. I mean he is CLEARLY the best player in the country.

After this last game if he doesn't get some Heisman recognition is has to be something in the OD programming..

GCQuinton

MWS Natural said:
Seriously though...why can't a Cornerback win a Heisman. I mean he is CLEARLY the best player in the country.

After this last game if he doesn't get some Heisman recognition is has to be something in the OD programming..

Nothing wrong with the game logic, that's how it is in real life too so that's the thing. Charles Woodson is the only corner and defensive player to win it, but he was returning kicks and playing wide receiver too (don't get any ideas now!). Ndamukong Suh got as high as fourth place two years ago and that's the highest a defensive only player has ever gotten in my memory.

GCQuinton said:
Nothing wrong with the game logic, that's how it is in real life too so that's the thing. Charles Woodson is the only corner and defensive player to win it, but he was returning kicks and playing wide receiver too (don't get any ideas now!). Ndamukong Suh got as high as fourth place two years ago and that's the highest a defensive only player has ever gotten in my memory.
Oh yeah I know, I am old enough to have watched Woodson play in college. I don't think Washington would win but he should at least be in consideration, I mean he has a serious chance to break the All-Time NCAA INT record this season and he has faced, and shutdown, some quality wideouts.

I already have a SUB CB package in one of my sets I just don't use it much, maybe if he does get a little Heisman recognition I'll break it out more. I am too scared he will get hurt to use him on punt and kick off return though.

Striker

I finished my game, but while looking at stats, my cat decided to rub itself up against my Xbox so it opened the disc tray. Suffice to say it did not save.

If you want to advance tonight feel free, if not I'll play it again tonight.

GCQuinton

Striker said:
I finished my game, but while looking at stats, my cat decided to rub itself up against my Xbox so it opened the disc tray. Suffice to say it did not save.

If you want to advance tonight feel free, if not I'll play it again tonight.

Go ahead and play it again.

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Nine Games

South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. Vanderbilt (CPU)
#13 Michigan (KanZolo) vs. #16 Penn State (CPU)
#6 Nevada (MWS Natural) vs. #15 Boise State (CPU)
#11 Minnesota (BPH) vs. #4 Ohio State (CPU)
#23 Marshall (Striker) vs. Tulane (CPU)

IDLE: #10 Cal (Nightz), #2 Rutgers (BigAT)

Rankings

Rutgers - #2 Coaches, #1 Media, #1 BCS
Nevada - #6 Coaches, #6 Media, #6 BCS
Cal - #10 Coaches, #11 Media, #11 BCS
Minnesota - #11 Coaches, #10 Media, #10 BCS
Michigan - #13 Coaches, #12 Media, #13 BCS
Marshall - #23 Coaches, #21 Media, #20 BCS

Minnesota vs. Ohio State

WEEK NINE DEADLINE IS WEDNESDAY!!!

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Ten Games

#10 Cal (Nightz) vs. UCLA (CPU)
#12 Michigan (KanZolo) vs. Illinois (CPU)
#2 Rutgers (BigAT) vs. USF (CPU)
#6 Nevada (MWS Natural) vs. Hawaii (CPU)
#9 Minnesota (BPH) vs. Michigan State (CPU)
#24 Marshall (Striker) vs. Southern Miss (CPU)

IDLE: South Carolina (GCQuinton)

Rankings

Rutgers - #2 Coaches, #1 Media, #1 BCS
Nevada - #6 Coaches, #7 Media, #6 BCS
Minnesota - #9 Coaches, #5 Media, #7 BCS
Cal - #10 Coaches, #11 Media, #10 BCS
Michigan - #12 Coaches, #12 Media, #11 BCS
Marshall - #24 Coaches, #22 Media, #22 BCS

Cal vs. UCLA

WEEK TEN DEADLINE IS THURSDAY!!!

BigAT

The other Big East teams are so bad I'm pretty much able to super sim most of my game and still shut them out pretty easily. It takes me like 15 minutes to get a game in at this point.

Striker

BigAT said:
The other Big East teams are so bad I'm pretty much able to super sim most of my game and still shut them out pretty easily. It takes me like 15 minutes to get a game in at this point.
Maybe I'll join you in NCAA '12. ;)

Striker said:
Maybe I'll join you in NCAA '12. ;)
Aren't they adding Boise St next year? It may get a little tougher...

EDIT: Nevermind... its TCU and it isn't until 2012.

Here are the changes for next year...

Colorado -> Pac-12
Boise State -> MWC
Nebraska -> Big Ten
Utah -> Pac-12

2012 has a TON of changes...
Fresno St -> MWC
Nevada -> MWC
UTSA -> WAC
Texas State -> WAC
TCU -> Big East
Hawaii -> MWC

The WAC will be even worse than it is now... LOL!

MWS Natural said:
Unless they REALLY beef up the defense the offense is going to be ridiculous next year with Custom Playbooks.

I'm not sure if it's really been mentioned but have they talked about expanding online leagues?

If so, man I'm really looking forward to combining the leagues. With all the stuff they've talked about adding...this could potentially be the best league I'll ever be a part of.

ph33nix said:
I'm not sure if it's really been mentioned but have they talked about expanding online leagues?

If so, man I'm really looking forward to combining the leagues. With all the stuff they've talked about adding...this could potentially be the best league I'll ever be a part of.
More news is coming regarding that. But even if they do increase the numbers I don't think combining the leagues would as easy as you think.

1. Completely different philosophy on initial team selection. Alabama vs Marshall wouldn't be fun for either party.
2. GCQ vs FMT: One commish to rule them all?
3. Different sliders
4. How long would an advance take with 20+ coaches?

Of course all of these things can be worked out but I just don't think it would be simple as creating one thread with a sign up and then starting the season.

GCQuinton

MWS Natural said:
More news is coming regarding that. But even if they do increase the numbers I don't think combining the leagues would as easy as you think.

1. Completely different philosophy on initial team selection. Alabama vs Marshall wouldn't be fun for either party.
2. GCQ vs FMT: One commish to rule them all?
3. Different sliders
4. How long would an advance take with 20+ coaches?

Of course all of these things can be worked out but I just don't think it would be simple as creating one thread with a sign up and then starting the season.

We've already discussed this, in the Madden thread of all places, but here are the answers to some of those based on what was talked about there:

1. Most of the guys in the other league were (and I think) still are cool with the three star team rule, so I don't think it would be a major thing. The only reason they split off to form their other league was the member limit and/or possibly rolling with members they are more comfortable with (i.e. the "OG" Madden vets).

Although a good number of recent Madden Super Bowl champs (BigAT, TheCrow) are "OG" NCAA vets, so hah!

2. If the member limit got bigger, I'd assume I'd run NCAA and FMT Madden like before. Aside from NCAA '09 and this year, that's how it's been.

3. As always, we all chime in on these and roll with what we all agree on. I don't see that changing aside from having more people chiming in.

4. I can only speak on this from my leagues, but if we had that many people I'd be STRICTLY enforcing the three to four day rule so we don't slow down and the active players stay engaged. Especially early on, you guys know I'll sim a game with the quickness if the player's straggling without a reason.

I'm not gonna lie, though. I know I'm definitely in the minority on this one, but I'm personally not a fan of raising the member limit to begin with. It just seems like one of those things, based on my experience, that everyone screams for, and when we actually get it we either max out at that number for maybe a season or two at the most, and it eventually starts to trickle down when people inevitably drop because of a million or so different reasons and we're right back at 12 or fewer people anyways.

Would I like to be wrong about that? Most definitely. My five or six years of experience in online leagues tells me otherwise, though. And I can't believe I'm actually agreeing with EA on something.

I agree with you CGQ. It seems like with that many people there is more of a chance of the league slowing down and inevitably having people drop out. I would be fine if it stayed at 12.

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Eleven Games

South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. #25 Arkansas (CPU)
#11 Michigan (KanZolo) vs. Purdue (CPU)
#2 Rutgers (BigAT) vs. Louisville (CPU)
#4 Nevada (MWS Natural) vs. New Mexico State (CPU)
#7 Minnesota (BPH) vs. Illinois (CPU)

IDLE: #8 Cal (Nightz), #23 Marshall (Striker)

Rankings

Rutgers - #2 Coaches, #2 Media, #2 BCS
Nevada - #4 Coaches, #4 Media, #4 BCS
Minnesota - #7 Coaches, #5 Media, #6 BCS
Cal - #8 Coaches, #9 Media, #8 BCS
Michigan - #11 Coaches, #10 Media, #10 BCS
Marshall - #23 Coaches, #23 Media, #23 BCS

South Carolina vs. Arkansas

WEEK ELEVEN DEADLINE IS FRIDAY!!!

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Twelve Games

South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. #18 Florida (CPU)
#8 Cal (Nightz) vs. Oregon State (CPU)
#11 Michigan (KanZolo) vs. Wisconsin (CPU)
#1 Rutgers (BigAT) vs. #13 Georgia Tech (CPU)
#3 Nevada (MWS Natural) vs. Utah State (CPU)
#22 Marshall (Striker) vs. ECU (CPU)

IDLE: #6 Minnesota (BPH)

Rankings

Rutgers - #1 Coaches, #1 Media, #1 BCS
Nevada - #3 Coaches, #3 Media, #3 BCS
Minnesota - #6 Coaches, #5 Media, #6 BCS
Michigan - #11 Coaches, #11 Media, #11 BCS
Marshall - #22 Coaches, #22 Media, #20 BCS
South Carolina - #25 BCS

Rutgers vs. Georgia Tech

WEEK TWELVE DEADLINE IS FRIDAY!!!

I know how you guys feel about the advancement deal..and scheduling might become a bitch too. But I think the crew in "B League" (as you guys call it lol) advanced very quickly. It almost got to a point where if we didn't advance within a day or two we were like HURRY THE FUCK UP.

ph33nix said:
I know how you guys feel about the advancement deal..and scheduling might become a bitch too. But I think the crew in "B League" (as you guys call it lol) advanced very quickly. It almost got to a point where if we didn't advance within a day or two we were like HURRY THE FUCK UP.
That's our league too... speaking of that.. who's left? :p

MWS Natural said:
I watched the entire feed while at work today and I can't believe how TERRIBLE the developers are at their own game. I mean I understand they aren't testers but how can you even know how the game should play if you can't play it effectively??
Wow, they are even worse than me in user games... :p

GCQuinton

Sub-par season for the Gamecocks, but we still somehow managed to beat Arkansas and Florida for the second year in a row. The latter of which, for the second year in a row won us the SEC East and a spot in the championship game.

Still got Marshall before that, though!

Striker

It's storming here, so I'll wait until it cools off before I play my game.

GQ, barring any luck, I'm not too confident. These WR's remind of the Eagles back in the early McNabb days. Can't get open, dropsies, etc. My Soph HB Allen Gore gets hurt for the second consecutive week in a row, although he may return in our game.

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Thirteen Games

#8 Cal (Nightz) vs. Arizona (CPU)
#11 Michigan (KanZolo) vs. #10 Ohio State (CPU)
#1 Rutgers (BigAT) vs. #2 Cincinnati (CPU)
#3 Nevada (MWS Natural) vs. Fresno State (CPU)
#6 Minnesota (BPH) vs. Iowa (CPU)
#21 Marshall (Striker) vs. Memphis (CPU)

IDLE: #22 South Carolina (GCQuinton)

Rankings

Nevada - #3 Coaches, #3 Media, #3 BCS
Minnesota - #6 Coaches, #5 Media, #6 BCS
Michigan - #11 Coaches, #10 Media, #11 BCS
Marshall - #21 Coaches, #21 Media, #19 BCS
South Carolina - #22 Coaches, #22 Media, #20 BCS

Rutgers vs. Cincinnati

WEEK THIRTEEN DEADLINE IS SUNDAY!!!

I hope Owl is back for our next week match up. I mean I have moved 2-3 times in the past few years and never went longer than two days without internet. Did he literally move into a tree or something? lol

I have NEVER fumbled that much in one game...

Big Catch - Fumble
INT - fumble
Kick/punt return - Fumble

I had to fumble at least 4-5 times.

Their guys breaking tackles like CRAZY...I swore I was playing Ohio State out there. Too bad they don't have OSU's corners though lol.

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Fourteen Games

#21 South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. #20 Marshall (Striker)
#7 Cal (Nightz) vs. Stanford (CPU)
#16 Michigan (KanZolo) vs. #2 Nevada (MWS Natural)

IDLE: #1 Rutgers (BigAT), #4 Minnesota (BPH)

Rankings

Nevada - #2 Coaches, #2 Media, #2 BCS
Minnesota - #4 Coaches, #3 Media, #4 BCS
Cal - #7 Coaches, #8 Media, #7 BCS
Michigan - #16 Coaches, #13 Media, #14 BCS
Marshall - #20 Coaches, #21 Media, #18 BCS
South Carolina - #21 Coaches, #22 Media, #19 BCS

Michigan vs. Nevada

WEEK FOURTEEN DEADLINE IS TUESDAY!!!

GCQuinton

Striker, I should be around to play just about anytime after 3 EST today, so let me know what works for you.

MWS, if you haven't heard from the owl by say, Monday, go ahead and play the game since he's on Autopilot.

Top Bottom