• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NeoGAF Madden Season 7 League Thread: I love's me some jump passing!

Rorschach

ColdBlooded33 said:
I better get the "almost caused a DM style control break" award for the game me and sickboy just played :lol :lol :lol
Last season I caused cubanb to break two controllers in one game, so we couldn't even finish it and then he mysteriously quit the league. I got that award on lock! ;b

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rorschach said:
Last season I caused cubanb to break two controllers in one game, so we couldn't even finish it and then he mysteriously quit the league. I got that award on lock! ;b

Thats fucking awesome :lol

SickBoy

ColdBlooded33 said:
I better get the "almost caused a DM style control break" award for the game me and sickboy just played :lol :lol :lol

I didn't scream, yell, or swear at the computer/PS2 (which I have done in other games in less important situations). I just got up and walked out of the room. Then back in.

I probably should have wept a little too, because it would've made me feel better :) That win was my ticket to the playoffs.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
SickBoy said:
I didn't scream, yell, or swear at the computer/PS2 (which I have done in other games in less important situations). I just got up and walked out of the room. Then back in.

I probably should have wept a little too, because it would've made me feel better :) That win was my ticket to the playoffs.

Boy if the tables were reversed and that happened to me? I would have been yelling, cussing, controller throwing, Down right Pissed

SickBoy

ColdBlooded33 said:
Boy if the tables were reversed and that happened to me? I would have been yelling, cussing, controller throwing, Down right Pissed

I think the saving grace for me was the fact that I knew what I'd accomplished, and I know you'd know that you dodged a bullet too. In the end, it was a hard-fought game any way you slice it. Sucks to lose it that way (I'd rather have TO bust through the tackle and score), but I think that despite the ending, I know you played well enough to win... and it was one of those toss-up games... which seems to be what we do. Your margin of victory after going 2-1 against me this year: 2.

anyone who has to play wasabi:

please setup a time to play him tomorrow (sunday)! we need to get those games done as they are crucial to playoff seeding and participants :(

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Archaix,I'm free to play our week 14 game tonight anytime past 9pm eastern time or tomorrow anytime past 8 pm eastern time.

Wuz goodz 4z uz?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Bob just played the unluckiest game I have ever seen in my life. Bad game.

I can play ALL DAY tomorrow Wasabi.

9 drops for Bob in the game, NINE. :lol

Mrbob

Let us recap that game, shall we!

Yes the 9 drops hurt...but so did the:

-PI call on me on 3rd and 12

-PI call on me at the 8 yard line on that BS 50 yard crossfield bomb that I picked off. How the hell I got called PI on a play like that is beyond me, you chucked it up and your receiver wasn't within 10 yards of the ball yet i get called for PI.

-offensive pi called on me on a drive

-Hines Ward letting a wide open pass fly by without going for the ball, falling into your defenders hands and returned for a td.

-Me hitsticking the shit out of holmes and making him fumble twice, only to have him recover both times. First time in the first quarter I nailed his ass to the ground, and then I kicked the ball into his damn gut and somehow he recovered it on his back with me and two other guys there. The second time I hitsticked him in the 3rd quarter, he fumbles, five of my guys bobble it and it falls into your teams hands again.

Bah. :(

Mrbob

050221knight-chair.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:

-PI call on me at the 8 yard line on that BS 50 yard crossfield bomb that I picked off. How the hell I got called PI on a play like that is beyond me, you chucked it up and your receiver wasn't within 10 yards of the ball yet i get called for PI.

-Hines Ward letting a wide open pass fly by without going for the ball, falling into your defenders hands and returned for a td.

-Me hitsticking the shit out of holmes and making him fumble twice, only to have him recover both times. First time in the first quarter I nailed his ass to the ground, and then I kicked the ball into his damn gut and somehow he recovered it on his back with me and two other guys there. The second time I hitsticked him in the 3rd quarter, he fumbles, five of my guys bobble it and it falls into your teams hands again.

It was Johnson that fumbled both times. :)

Matrix

I dont feel bad for anyone.

*grumbles too self about 2-11 record and so many close game's Ive lost*

Matrix

Archaix,I can play now if you want.

Good luck with that Mig :lol

JUST incase it comes up, here is how i'm going to handle the tiebreaking procedure:

EXACTLY LIKE THE NFL DOES!

so, for example, lets say Bob, Mig, and Bird also finish @ 9-7. for that to happen, bob would have to defeat bird in their last game, but lets assume that happens. anyhow here is how it would work:

Bob + Bird are in the same conference. Bob beat bird 2-1 in the season series, birdbomb is out.

Miguel beat Bob head to head, bob is out miguel gets into the playoffs.

HOWEVER, if miguel and birdbomb are tied, birdbomb would get into the playoffs because the teams did not play head to head, and bird has a better conference record.

someone is going to get screwed and i apologize, but thems the breaks ladies!

p.s. rorscharch you are still alive for the wildcard spot

Miguel

FrenchMovieTheme said:
JUST incase it comes up, here is how i'm going to handle the tiebreaking procedure:

EXACTLY LIKE THE NFL DOES!

Miguel beat Bob head to head, bob is out miguel gets into the playoffs.

We're 1-1.

What's the next tiebreaker?

Miguel

There are two scenarios where I get into the playoffs.

Bob wins out, I win out
BirdDooDoo loses out, I win out.

My anti-magic number is

1 Bob loss + 1 AndoII win
or
1 MiG loss

your own hopes are in your hands bob. if you win out, there is a good chance you are in the playoffs. remember, miguel still has a game against Wasabi, who he has yet to beat this year.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Miguel said:
Crap :| That can't be good..can it? :(

Well, you've got two and a half games on Bob in the conference record. You're two playoff scenarios are:

(1) Steelers beat Colts, Bucs finish with those two for a three way tie. This way, the Steelers knock the Colts out of the playoffs as only the highest seeded team from a division is used in the wildcard calculations. And then you finish with a better conference record than the Steelers.

or

(2) Colts lose out, Bucs win out. This way it doesn't matter what the Steelers do, because you've got Bob in the tiebreaker anyway.

edit: Of course, you already posted this. So, you know. It doesn't matter. Let's go to Brett Favre for an update:

3984936.jpg

"Shit...I've got nothing."

Also, for the record, Rudi's slacking off tonight. The game was only decided by three points because he wanted to be lazy and only go for 266 with a pathetic two touchdown runs of more than fifty yards(for the record, that's five such runs in two games, including three of more than 80 yards).

Matrix

Rudi Johnson is straight out of NFL 2k with all his truck stick broken trackles.

2 more losses and I could be 2-14...HOT DAMN I CANT WAIT!

Miguel

MiG
vs WasabiKing (Panthers)
@ Phoenix214 (Giants)

MrBob
at MrSparkle (Browns) - Who will play this game? :O
vs Wellington (Chiefs)
vs BirdDooDoo (Colts)

BirdDooDoo
vs Hitokage (Seahawks)
at MrBob (Steelers)

THE HEAT IS ON!

THE HEAT IS OH-OOON!!!

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
FrenchMovieTheme said:
dammit! i had the rushing title in my grasp, then here comes fucking rudi with 500 yards in 2 games! time for portis to put it into overdrive!

Hey hey hey now.

It was much closer to 600.

THE HEAT IS ON!

THE HEAT IS OH-OOON!!!

NOOOOOO!! you fucker i had that song in my head all day yesterday, and i was finally able to rid myself of it! now it's back!

MiG
vs WasabiKing (Panthers) - W
@ Phoenix214 (Giants) - W

MrBob
at MrSparkle (Browns) - W
vs Wellington (Chiefs) - W
vs BirdDooDoo (Colts) - W

BirdDooDoo
vs Hitokage (Seahawks) -L
at MrBob (Steelers) - L

those are my predictions! sorry ladies!

Miguel

FrenchMovieTheme said:
NOOOOOO!! you fucker i had that song in my head all day yesterday, and i was finally able to rid myself of it! now it's back!

I don't even know why that song popped into my head. :lol

But it fits!

DMczaf

Mrbob said:

Because Bob's freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....freeeeee FAAAALLLLLLLLLLLINNNNNN'!

kevinfalling8dq.jpg

Rorschach

Miguel said:
at MrSparkle (Browns) - Who will play this game? :O
I might...:shifteyes

And I'm totally out of the playoffs. DM has the division on lock. If Sickboy and the Uggles lose out (highly unlikely, but if they do), Sickboy wins the tie breaker with the best conference record...DAMN YOU, FMT'S GAMESHARK!! :(

[edit]

MiG
vs WasabiKing (Panthers) - L

MrBob
vs Wellington (Chiefs) - L
vs BirdDooDoo (Colts) - L - tough one...no defense vs no offense and great offense vs overrated defense...Colts to score 90 points. 24 of those on turnovers!

BirdDooDoo
vs Hitokage (Seahawks) -W
at MrBob (Steelers) - W

BirdBomb

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
MiG
vs WasabiKing (Panthers) - W

MrBob
vs Wellington (Chiefs) - W
vs BirdDooDoo (Colts) - W

BirdDooDoo
vs Hitokage (Seahawks) -L
at MrBob (Steelers) - L

...Hey FMT...

Fuck%20You.jpg

Matrix

:lol

I thought I was to play Bob using the Browns :lol I want out!

Matrix

Rorschach said:
Do it! Take dilfer to great heights...and don't use frye again -_-

:lol

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
While you're running wildcard possibilities, don't forget mine!

Seahawks 8-8
Steelers 8-8 (or lower)
Bucs 8-8 (or lower)
Colts 8-8 (or lower)

Seahawks, having beaten the Steelers, Bucs, and Colts, get the head-to-head sweep and win all three tiebreakers. :D

However, Wasabi will ensure that this is just a fantasy. :/

Matrix

I'm going on Bob! Fear the browns!

BirdBomb

Banned
Hitokage said:
While you're running wildcard possibilities, don't forget mine!

Seahawks 8-8
Steelers 8-8 (or lower)
Bucs 8-8 (or lower)
Colts 8-8 (or lower)

Seahawks, having beaten the Steelers, Bucs, and Colts, get the head-to-head sweep and win all three tiebreakers. :D

However, Wasabi will ensure that this is just a fantasy. :/

get on aim hito!!

Miguel

Mrbob said:
So if I win out, any way you slice it I can keep the colts out of the playoffs?

Sounds good to me! :D

Yep, only YOU can prevent Colts in the playoffs.

Only I can prevent Bob from the Playoffs

Colts can keep us both out by winning out.

Matrix

Whooo Dilfer went out in the first quarter with a broken toe,I had no fucking chance after that.

God this game loves me.

Matrix

Damn I wish FMT could just open up my last two games so I can get my miserable excuse for a season over with.

Top Bottom