• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NeoGAF Madden Season 7 League Thread: I love's me some jump passing!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Wellington said:
Instead of banning bob, I will ban all you fuckers that sold your Xboxes for Xbox 360s. Fucking PS2 EA servers are GARBAGE!

I opted for an xbox season after this one was done way back, but none of you wanted it!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
My xbox broke! :(

I was hoping madden would work on the 360,I wasnt about to buy a 3rd xbox.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Well...

I work from 7AM to 10 PM EDT tomorrow. So that's out.

Saturday I am celebrating an anniversary with my gf, bob will be around starting at 5:30 PM CDT, so that's likely out.

Sunday he says he is available in the morning, which I could probably do. We shall see.

DMczaf

(20:30:24) WhosSorryNow015: i believe in you friend
(20:30:29) WhosSorryNow015: you are the true champion, not me

You heard FMT!

pennington_jet.jpg

CHAMPION!

SickBoy'sAIMScreenName: Well, truthfully I could probably beat DM using one hand. I don't want to say he is the WORST madden player I've ever seen, cause I once witnessed a blind man attempting to play, but he is a huge joke for sure. Final score prediction: 75-0

don't shoot the messenger champ!

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
don't shoot the messenger champ!

You tell SickBoy'sAIMScreenName that I'm finishing the season on a 6 game winning streak, and tell SickBoy'sAIMScreenName that I plan on extending it to 9 games in the playoffs!

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
You tell SickBoy'sAIMScreenName that I'm finishing the season on a 6 game winning streak, and tell SickBoy'sAIMScreenName that I plan on extending it to 9 games in the playoffs!
Only if you can survive...ROOFLES FOOTBALL!
Your playoff hopes appear to be alive, yet on closer inspection you are eliminated! Not only that, but Fargas lost the YPC top spot! You lose Justine!
Way to rub salt on the wound! Damn you and damn your gameshark!!

PS: how are those the week 13 awards? Janikowski had 1 fg week 13.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Playing Mig is always an enjoyable game. :D

That being said, I got pretty upset after he mooched those 10 points from me in the first quarter... then the sacks and TKLosses started racking up, and I forced a 4th and 34 that was almost a recovered fumble right next to the endzone. Good times. I think I finally realized what I was letting get away from me on D for a while now.

Miguel

Hito totally took me out of my game. Turnovers are a big part of my game, whether I'm the Texans/Bucs/whoever. kept deflections/interceptions from me to a minimum/nothing. And it's impossible to hit stick teflonxander, although he didn't make much of an impact on todays game. I made a stupid mistake on the Strong TD, and well when push came to shove, Hito pulled a MiG and INT'd me for the game winning touchdown.

Good game dude. I was pissed off at myself for throwing that INT. That's totally something I normally end up pulling off. It hurt seeing it happen to me when it mattered :(

CB3

An anonymous user sent me this...

YummmmyGum904(5:07:09): Ready to lose FMT
WhosSorryNow015(5:08:20): IM READY MAMA!
YummmmyGum904(5:08:29): u doin ok over there?
WhosSorryNow015(5:08:36): what am i going to lose at
WhosSorryNow015(5:08:41): no im not
YummmmyGum904(5:08:47): thats an interesting question, isn't it?
WhosSorryNow015(5:08:51): freaking redskins vs seachickens 2003 game of the week on NFL network
YummmmyGum904(5:09:03): i just got my new laptop today, i'm excited
WhosSorryNow015(5:09:11): what kind
YummmmyGum904(5:09:30): od u think so?
WhosSorryNow015(5:09:58): que
YummmmyGum904(5:10:10): u say some interesting things... lol
WhosSorryNow015(5:10:39): what am i going to lose at chum chummington
WhosSorryNow015(5:10:41): madden?
YummmmyGum904(5:10:47): thats an interesting question, isn't it?
WhosSorryNow015(5:10:48): you think you can take champ ferguson on?
WhosSorryNow015(5:10:59): it has the potential to be interesting
YummmmyGum904(5:11:00): we were discussing you -- not me
WhosSorryNow015(5:11:17): but potential without realization is disappointment!
YummmmyGum904(5:11:26): are u online a lot?
WhosSorryNow015(5:11:35): eh, this week i am
WhosSorryNow015(5:11:41): spring break + vacation from work
YummmmyGum904(5:11:46): yea...
WhosSorryNow015(5:12:08): lol!!
WhosSorryNow015(5:12:10): steve spurrier!
YummmmyGum904(5:12:21): hahaha
YummmmyGum904(5:12:26): :p
YummmmyGum904(5:13:32): uh hello? why aren't you talking?
WhosSorryNow015(5:13:44): trying to DL this piece of crap game on xbl
WhosSorryNow015(5:13:47): the meter isn't moving
YummmmyGum904(5:13:52): do u still live with your parents?
WhosSorryNow015(5:13:55): nope
YummmmyGum904(5:14:07): thats too bad
WhosSorryNow015(5:14:10): haven't lived at home for sometime friend
YummmmyGum904(5:14:22): :-D
YummmmyGum904(5:15:31): ???
YummmmyGum904(5:16:40): u seem interesting, can we talk more?
WhosSorryNow015(5:17:04): god damn satellite!
YummmmyGum904: You have been talking to a computer! One of your friends is reading the whole conversation and laughing it up right now! GET EVEN! Have the bot prank all your friends by visiting

Mrbob

Wellington said:
Hito, you realize that Mig is the only guy in the race that doesn't have an overrated team? Why must you make this so hard for me? :(

Hito has helped put me back in the drivers seat! SECOND WIND!!! I need to beat you 3 times in 5 games now to make it to the super bowl, MY GOAL HAS BEEN SET!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

CB3

Rudi Fucking Johnson just Raped my Defense 5 ways from sunday. Jeex if i didnt win that game i would have been MAD i let something like that happen. Jeez. GG arch

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
ColdBlooded33 said:
Rudi Fucking Johnson just Raped my Defense 5 ways from sunday. Jeex if i didnt win that game i would have been MAD i let something like that happen. Jeez. GG arch

If I hadn't passed at all in that game, I'd have won by about 50. I have no doubt in my mind.

CB3

DMczaf said:
how the hell did he get 331 yards on you?!

I get pissed off when a RB gets over 100 on me!

Rudi must have shit in his uniform because once my defenders touched him they decided they wanted no part of that and let go of the tackle

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
DMczaf said:
how the hell did he get 331 yards on you?!

I get pissed off when a RB gets over 100 on me!

Well, I had three touchdown runs, and one was shorter by the others by a margin of 31 and 40, respectively. That short run was 51 yards.

That helps towards the 300+ yard total.

rudi johnson is some type of man-beast hybrid. even though i won the game, he had 10+ broken tackles against me. there was nothing i could do.... except watch and win :D

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rudi is going to tear my Texans a new one week 14 :(

331 is nothing against the Texans,I predict a GA record 400+ yards on the ground.

CB3

SickBoy said:
I can play tonight if we start in the next 10 minutes...

Damn I was watching the laker game but we can go now if you want. Ill be online in 5 minutes

Edit: nevermind

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Wellington said:
Hito, you realize that Mig is the only guy in the race that doesn't have an overrated team? Why must you make this so hard for me? :(
If I can't beat you head on, I'll beat you indirectly!

Seriously though, even though the possibility of me getting into a 4 way 8-8 AFC Wildcard tie is slim to none (I'll have to beat Wasabi twice), I'm still playing to win my own games.

DMczaf

rors, i need you to put in my player stats. i hit X on End Game when I thought the highlight was on Stats -_-

Ugh, I screwed up that last drive. On 3rd and 9 on the 36, I thought I had 0 timeouts left so I ran a passing play. If I would have known I had 1 timeout left I would have ran the ball for like 3-4 yards, get a better FG attempt. Instead I come up 3-4 yards short of the 54 yard FG, what a surprise.

CB3

OUCH OUCH OUCH. As happy as i am with that win Sick, i know that was 100% luck and you gotta be steaming after that one. GG

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
rors, i need you to put in my player stats. i hit X on End Game when I thought the highlight was on Stats -_-

Ugh, I screwed up that last drive. On 3rd and 9 on the 36, I thought I had 0 timeouts left so I ran a passing play. If I would have known I had 1 timeout left I would have ran the ball for like 3-4 yards, get a better FG attempt. Instead I come up 3-4 yards short of the 54 yard FG, what a surprise.
....damnit I told you I wasn't gonna be on my router...

Martin held to 43 yards on 5 billion attempts is all you need to know!

SickBoy

ColdBlooded33 said:
OUCH OUCH OUCH. As happy as i am with that win Sick, i know that was 100% luck and you gotta be steaming after that one. GG

lol... thanks for the sympathy. Needed. I couldn't believe it.

For the rest of the league: I pull off an unlikely comeback against CB's team, which had been doing a good job of keeping me in check. One critical fourth down conversion and at least one pretty important third. We're doing just enough to keep the ball moving against a tight defense and find the end zone with under 25 seconds left. Bear in mind, the team accomplishes this with Phillip Rivers, as Drew Brees got knocked out of the game after throwing five passes (he's fragile since the roster update), and we've been short players on D due to injury too.

I'm only up 1 after the TD, so I go for two and don't make it. CB gets the ball, runs a couple of plays in an effort to get into field goal range, but the best he can muster is around his own 40.

One last prayer. Three seconds left.

Chargers send an extra body. CB fires it for TO. It's caught, but he's got a long way to go and gets dragged down. GAME OVER!

But wait! The ref reaches into his pocket and tosses the flag... face masking! Which makes it a ridiculously easy field goal of about 30 yards with zero seconds left.

Final score 22-20.

Topes lose.

WTF. :(

Add to this that Rivers threw over the intended receiver's head in the red zone for a drive-killing INT on an earlier drive (not to mention the missed 2PT on my last drive), and we've got squandered opportunities and a bad penalty killing us. But to leave it at that is a bit simplistic, because CB played a heckuva game... but to see all that late game effort go out the window (and not by losing the ball on the final drive or surrendering a big-play TD) really sucks.

Matrix

Archaix,when do you want to rape my Texans?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Alright, I've got three games I need to play, I should be around early tomorrow, and all day Sunday.

Take advantage now, fellas, I can't practice for all three of you!

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Alright, I've got three games I need to play, I should be around early tomorrow, and all day Sunday.

Take advantage now, fellas, I can't practice for all three of you!
But the third guy is in for a doozy!

I was just thinking..whatever happened to the season 2 awards? ;b

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
im a lazy man... a lazy, lazy man! don't worry, all the awards will come at once :D

I better get the "almost caused a DM style control break" award for the game me and sickboy just played :lol :lol :lol

Matrix

I better win the lost his mojo award!

im working w/ my gf to actually "design" an entire site (on my 49ers-age webspace) where you can just click certain sections that you want to see. the "awards" i had from previous seasons were kind of just a rinky dink thing i put together and it wasn't very nice. my new idea is going to be a lot better... you'll see, you'll all see!

Top Bottom