• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NeoGAF Madden Season 7 League Thread: I love's me some jump passing!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:
:lol Seriously, I feel like quitting the league right now.

PS2 servers fuck me over TWICE tonight

First time I have a 7 pt lead, and the servers disconnect the game

2nd time, I have a shot at winning the game at the end and the game begins to lag to the point that the game would react to my button presses like 2 secs after i pressed them resulting in a 4 and out (ending with a sack)

Thats always fun.

:lol

I dont recall Madden ever having those problems over xbox live :(

DMczaf

Matrix said:

I dont recall Madden ever having those problems over xbox live :(

The best part was when the lag just disappears after im sacked and i turn the ball over on downs finally. Its like the servers wanted to make this night as horrible as it could. -_-

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I really dont know why I laughed....I got Coldblood and the Eagles as my first ever PS2 madden game :|

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Stop blaming EA for your connection problems DM!

And no, not every team in my division is a powerhouse. Mine certainly isn't. :(

i got screwed by lag in the superbowl and in our game! on the last punt in the 4th that i had, that shit lagged so bad i had a 0 accuracy! thankfully i had the arrow so far to the left (trying to kick it out of bounds) that it ended up going straight. not as bad as you getting sacked, but that's what you get for only running the ball 8 times! brunell had his way with you, accept it!

DMczaf

Yeah, that punt really screwed you up since I returned it for a whole 4 yards.

not as bad as you getting sacked, but that's what you get for only running the ball 8 times!

What running the ball 8 times got me was a 17-14 game after being down 17-0! You know that lag saved you, the odds were in my favor to comeback! Dont worry, the EA servers wont save you twice in 1 night again.

i said it COULD have screwed me. if i hadn't aimed all the way to the left, it would have gone out of bounds near midfield. it was my keen strategy that helped me! plus you couldn't contain cooley

p.s. your jets receivers sure do drop an awful lot of passes :lol

DMczaf

Pfft, Cooley would have been a nonfactor if I was able to drive the ball in the final 2 minutes instead of going through Matrix Mode. Cooley would have been on the sideline watching me light you up like I was doing! Instead, you had to switch your Gameshark codes on the fly from "Forced Fumbles +100" to "Emulate Dreamcast Servers"

Instead, you had to switch your Gameshark codes on the fly from "Forced Fumbles +100" to "Emulate Dreamcast Servers"

remember when your PR fumbled?? he was trying to keep the ball in play, and he almost accomplished it! that shit rolled on the out of bounds line until it finally went out. if i recovered that and you turned the game off i wouldn't have blamed you

DMczaf

At this point, im scared of running ANYTHING back against you. I always have at least 1 fumble against you so when I have 0 with like 2 mins left in the 3rd quarter I know its coming -_-

BirdBomb said:
wasabi, when do you want to play? hit me up on AIM later, or just post here.

Let's go for this weekend, probably saturday at 1PM PST. I might be hungover, but I'll still play. I'm just really tied up with professional related stuff, and St. Patrick's is on Friday, so I'm getting drunk.

Andokuky

Banned
When do you want to demolish me again Sickboy? If I can put up 3 with Denver I should be in the negatives with Baltimore.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
meanwhile santana moss can field a punt when you are 2 feet away from him without consequence. i'm beginning to think i do have gameshark on :D
Not in my game vs mig -_-

I was afraid to even touch the ball on a PR.

Miguel

Bob and MiG tonight

Kickoff at Midnight.

alstott_122302_01.jpg

PFFFTH! PFFFTH! PFFFTH!

Miguel

Rorschach said:
Not in my game vs mig -_-

I was afraid to even touch the ball on a PR.

I think I managed to recover 3 flubbed punts by the opposing PR last season. I know one was against rors and one against Hito. I forget the other.

Rorschach

Miguel said:

I think I managed to recover 3 flubbed punts by the opposing PR last season. I know one was against rors and one against Hito. I forget the other.
Further cementing that Santana is the lesser Moss.

Miguel said:
That game is gonna be the INTiest INT game that ever INTed in the history of INTs. This year's Seattle vs Texas, but BIGGER!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
*sighs*

Obviously, I'm back to the "taketh" phase. Archaix's bro is a lucky motherfucker. :p Play after play in the second half I dropped or turnovered something when I needed not to most... and once again(the other time wasn't in league) I get burned by Madden's retarded kickoff return AI which doesn't realize when the other team has squibbed it the opposite direction you're returning and lets them run THE ENTIRE LENGTH OF THE FIELD to recover it.

Miguel

Hitokage said:
*sighs*

Obviously, I'm back to the "taketh" phase. Archaix's bro is a lucky motherfucker. :p Play after play in the second half I dropped or turnovered something when I needed not to most... and once again(the other time wasn't in league) I get burned by Madden's retarded kickoff return AI which doesn't realize when the other team has squibbed it the opposite direction you're returning and lets them run THE ENTIRE LENGTH OF THE FIELD to recover it.

Were you doing an onside return? or Regular return right/left/middle?

If it was a normal return, um, there's normally a guy there unless by some fluke the team gets a lucky bounce. If you're doing an onside recover against a squibb (like you did against me, you thought I would onside kick, when I was going to squib, and you never audibled into a regular KR coverage) then that's on you. :p

Mrbob

Mig you are late. ;)

I can't stay up all night. If you aren't home in the next 15 minutes or so we'll have to play tommorrow sometime. Hopefully. Othrewise this weekend.

Miguel

good game, outside of one BS catch (AND YOU KNOW IT), the game was great. I fucked up a bit, I thought Phillips was faster :( (EARL > PHILLIPS!)

But anyway, once you took Galloway out, my deep threat was gone, and I had to resort to trying little dinky dunk passes which were ALL (not some, not a lot, ALL) deflected by Polamalu. :p

Caddy off to a rough start. :(

Funny thing is, despite DM saying the offense sucks, I got more done with TB against Pittsburgh then I did most games with the Texans against anyone. :|

BirdBomb

Banned
Yo wasabi, what time this weekend? I'll be open in hte morning, MAYBE the afternoon, depends on the time, and at night anytime. i prefer the morning.

BirdBomb said:
Yo wasabi, what time this weekend? I'll be open in hte morning, MAYBE the afternoon, depends on the time, and at night anytime. i prefer the morning.
Most likely Saturday afternoon is best. I'm going to be hung over, that's a lock, lol. Evening, we can work that out. Sunday should be available all day.

DMczaf

Miguel said:
good game, outside of one BS catch (AND YOU KNOW IT), the game was great. I fucked up a bit, I thought Phillips was faster :( (EARL > PHILLIPS!)

But anyway, once you took Galloway out, my deep threat was gone, and I had to resort to trying little dinky dunk passes which were ALL (not some, not a lot, ALL) deflected by Polamalu. :p

Caddy off to a rough start. :(

Funny thing is, despite DM saying the offense sucks, I got more done with TB against Pittsburgh then I did most games with the Texans against anyone. :|

You might want to learn how to enter stats, you got Chris Simms rushing 17 times for 40 yards :lol

BTW, you are making the Bucs D look bad! WTF!! DMczaf is rolling over in his grave right now seeing 350 yards and 35 pts given up! (none of which were defensive TDs, so no excuses!)

Matrix

DMczaf said:
You might want to learn how to enter stats, you got Chris Simms rushing 17 times for 40 yards :lol

BTW, you are making the Bucs D look bad! WTF!! DMczaf is rolling over in his grave right now seeing 350 yards and 35 pts given up! (none of which were defensive TDs, so no excuses!)

Miguel

DMczaf said:

That WAS Simms. :(

Miguel

I was trying to decide what was worse, admitting that I messed up on leaguedaddy, or admit that I ran 17 times with cadillac and only got 40 yards. :(

I think I made the right choice

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
What in the world is going on, last night I played Archaix and he was the Bengals, today I played FMT and he was the Browns. Both games my Oline has been getting destroyed. LOOK at my Oline ratings!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Wellington said:
What in the world is going on, last night I played Archaix and he was the Bengals, today I played FMT and he was the Browns. Both games my Oline has been getting destroyed. LOOK at my Oline ratings!
Maybe it's a specific stat you're lacking in.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
All that should matter is PBK, RBK, and AWR. Maybe STR. I haven't specifically looked at those ratings but the AWR for almost all of them is in the 90s. What burns me up is how FMT would evade my 97 rated FBs block easily. 97!

Matrix

Coldblooded,I just got the game today and need tonight to practice and some of tomorrow night.

I can play tommorow night anytime after 9 pm eastern time,Saturday or Sunday after 9 if tomorrow night isnt good.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Matrix said:
Coldblooded,I just got the game today and need tonight to practice and some of tomorrow night.

I can play tommorow night anytime after 9 pm eastern time,Saturday or Sunday after 9 if tomorrow night isnt good.

I May be able to play Saturday. Depends on when i get my buddy's ps2. But Most Likely i think we can get the game in by sunday

Matrix

ColdBlooded33 said:
I May be able to play Saturday. Depends on when i get my buddy's ps2. But Most Likely i think we can get the game in by sunday

Ok cool,I'll let you know if anything comes up for me Saturday night cause I got my nephew for the day,but he should be gone by 9.

Sunday I know I will be free after 9.

Matrix

Miguel said:
Matrix, after my Winning Eleven game, we can get a few practice online games in if you're still up :p

What time will this be? I havent even opened the game yet :lol I'm just about to pop it in and watch those helpful vids they always have.

Matrix

JESUS I need to practice bad...fucking asscrackers I suck with the dual shock.

:lol I gave up 84 points to the Colts

I'm a fucking madden noob now.

edit- I honestly had no idea what I was doing control wise on D,I was having a hard enough time learning how to throw the ball with the extra buttons.I fumbled 3 times,gave up a kick return td,all my ints thrown were returned for tds and I even missed an extra point o_O Also the ps2 version has some lag the xbox didnt,online that is.

I scored 33 pts,but threw like 50 ints,Cousin David is dead to me.

Its ok if you all point and laugh at me,its time to train Rocky 4 style and bring my xbox skillz back!

Rorschach

Matrix said:
JESUS I need to practice bad...fucking asscrackers I suck with the dual shock.

:lol I gave up 84 points to the Colts

I'm a fucking madden noob now.

edit- I honestly had no idea what I was doing control wise on D,I was having a hard enough time learning how to throw the ball with the extra buttons.I fumbled 3 times,gave up a kick return td,all my ints thrown were returned for tds and I even missed an extra point o_O Also the ps2 version has some lag the xbox didnt,online that is.

I scored 33 pts,but threw like 50 ints,Cousin David is dead to me.

Its ok if you all point and laugh at me,its time to train Rocky 4 style and bring my xbox skillz back!
84 points? o_O

*pulls out boombox*
*plays Eye of the Tiger*

GET TRAINING!

[edit] Oh wait, you're in my division...don't train! Let's play week 2!

Andokuky

Banned
lol, you were awsome the 1st quater or so, what was it, 28-27(u missed that xp)? but then for some reason my CB's grew a pair, i think u had like 2-3 catches after that...Your offense is badass, just practise a few offline games on defense. You'll get used to it pretty fast.

P.S.
I want Rors and Matrix on my schedule...7 times a piece.

*edit* This is the colts.

Matrix

Andokuky said:
lol, you were awsome the 1st quater or so, what was it, 28-27(u missed that xp)? but then for some reason my CB's grew a pair, i think u had like 2-3 catches after that...Your offense is badass, just practise a few offline games on defense. You'll get used to it pretty fast.

P.S.
I want Rors and Matrix on my schedule...7 times a piece.

*edit* This is the colts.

Thanks yea,lag had a reason for me missing that extra point,and I spazzed out on an easy 46 yard fg...I never missed in the xbox version.

I just need more practice with the new controls.They so downgraded the Texans since the time I was using them on the xbox version.Its totally understandable too,cause they suck,but once I throw an int my guys cant for the life of them catch up to anyone and tackle.I never had that issue in the xbox version,TEXANS SUCK and their secondary is made up of tards.

If I practice and put in the time I did with the xbox verison I should get my skillz back on O atleast,was just having too many issues with the extra r button and stuff when I had to throw.I wont ever give up that many points again I'll make sure of that,I went in blind,but atleast it didnt count :p

I just love that I have to face the Eagles game one :lol

Feels weird being a noob at the game,all the hours I put in on the xbox version.

Matrix

If anyone wants to destroy me tonight let me know,I need all the practice I can get.

Top Bottom