• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NeoGAF servers for Team Fortress 2 and Counter-Strike: Source - NOW ONLINE

It's a sunday so most people are probably going to sleep early for work tomorrow. I'll set up an event for tomorrow night and maybe we can get some folks.

Capndrake

Can we try to get some TF2 going tonight? I haven't seen the server full since the weekend it was launched (I know it has been full about twice since then but both times were in the middle of the week).

Capndrake said:
Can we try to get some TF2 going tonight? I haven't seen the server full since the weekend it was launched (I know it has been full about twice since then but both times were in the middle of the week).
What did the middle of the week ever do to you?

SyNapSe

I'm gonna be around tonight for TF2 if anyones playing. Could use some quick help with some basic med achievements too. At 20/39 naturally and I have some really easy ones to do.. I guess that is outside of the fact that they are something you'd never see in a normal game like a heavy punching people.

rakka

;_; was just playing tf2 with some fucking assholes on my team @ conkers (after all the gaf regulars left) so i'm up for some css

WARCOCK

Banned
sourceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee liveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee omgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Lhadatt

The GAF TF2 server is dead. I believe this is due to a lack of GAFers wanting to start games by hanging out in the server or timing organized events.

Conker's and Icy's servers solved this issue by being public and keeping reserved slots for GAF/LMS folk. I know this was poopooed when the server went live, but I believe this would help get things going again. It's much, much easier to build games on a public server, and more GAFers would use it as a result.

Twig

Banned
Lhadatt said:
The GAF TF2 server is dead. I believe this is due to a lack of GAFers wanting to start games by hanging out in the server or timing organized events.

Conker's and Icy's servers solved this issue by being public and keeping reserved slots for GAF/LMS folk. I know this was poopooed when the server went live, but I believe this would help get things going again. It's much, much easier to build games on a public server, and more GAFers would use it as a result.
Conker's server doesn't see much action lately, either.

I've been too distracted by Age of Conan (and other games)! I still play occasionally. I don't think making the GAF server public would help. Well, not if you want to play with GAFers anyway.

Lhadatt

TheOneGuy said:
Conker's server doesn't see much action lately, either.

I've been too distracted by Age of Conan (and other games)! I still play occasionally. I don't think making the GAF server public would help. Well, not if you want to play with GAFers anyway.
Yeah, I don't know why LMS died. It was going really well for a while.

And really, I've had some very, very good matches on public servers. Being public didn't stop GAFers from joining in on Icy's or LMS. That's what reserved slots are for, yeah? Just post something on the MOTD telling people to join up at GAF, participate in the community, and request a reserve slot.

Twig

Banned
I hate reserved slots.

Whether it goes public or not, reserved slots just plain suck. Half the time they don't even work right. D:

Anyway, yeah, I dunno. I keep meaning to play more, but my ping is abysmal lately. Don't know what it is, but... it is!

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Just like to say that i use the ventrilo server from time to time when our vent is down. It sounds great and is always up as a back up. Thanks for the time, money, energy you put into it cause it does get used occasionally.

Joe

this might not be the best thread for this but i didn't want to start a new one for such a petty question but how come my framerate jerks around every 30 seconds or so? it'll just randomly pause for 2 seconds every 30 seconds. my connection is good, computer is good and my drivers are up to date. i am playing 1.6

Aha! The way I understand it is that the Wireless Zero Configuration service tries to search for networks every minute on the dot, and for whatever reason it lags out your current connection. There's a bunch of threads about it all over the place, but for the short answer try running this thing in the background (there's no known way to disable the aforementioned service on Vista without crippling wireless connectivity as well, so this is the only option that I'm aware of):

http://www.martin-majowski.de/wlanoptimizer/

It works most of the time for me - sometimes I'll have it running and it'll still cut out, but exiting and restarting the program *usually* resolves it.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
We finally picked up Orange Box. TF2, awesome, awesome, awesome.

It's a shame I'm so late to the game, but I enjoy ranging teaming none the less.

Top Bottom