• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Off-season Madden Season 12 Thread: PS3 Vs. 360 (PLUS NCAA!)

What version of Madden do you prefer?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Q: Why has this thread been made?
A: Because it was going to be made eventually, and I feel like it.

Q: But madden is still like 4 months away.
A: So? I want to gauge what type of league we'd have on either system.

Q: What if I don't know which I prefer?
A: Say so.

Q: What if I don't want to play in the league this year?
A: Fuck off then

Q: Can I troll in this thread about how I wish NFL 2k was still around or how evil EA is?
A: Sure can.

Q: Will you run 2 leagues? One on PS3 and one on 360.
A: I seriously doubt it. The leagues official seasons must have some type of continuity!

Q: Will your decision be based soley on which system will have more players?
A: No, but that plays a part!

Q: if you choose PS3, what about all of our old friends on 360 who don't have ps3's?
A: Don't blame me for MS's incompetence! RROD has the potential to compromise the entire league!

Q: Alex Smith: Great QB or Greatest QB?
A: Only mike martz knows for sure!

So there you go fellas! Post if you're interested in playing in our online leagues!

Also, post if you're interested in a college style NCAA league... and for which system!

Slo

I don't have a PS3, and I probably won't before the end of the year. So I guess I'm saying it's 360 or nothing for me.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
:lol You are such a knob. :lol

I'm currently on the fence regarding Madden. I mean it's good for the league to have bottom feeders and all. We shall see how busy life will be and all. Kid #3 is due in May. So three kids during summer? Um yeah probably not much time for Madden.

If I am in the league I'm not interested in getting the PS3 version at all.

AkaBalla

Count me in for Madden this year.. Cant wait for Backbreaker anymore.. And I highly doubt All Pro will be coming out with a new game.

Edit: I will be purchasing a PS3 due to Socom's new release, however i plan on having both systems so i should be safe regardless.

Mrbob

No interest in NCAA.

I am still somewhat bitter about how the RROD killed our last madden season, so I would prefer to have the upcoming league on PS3. Having said this, I'll go where the league goes. So if the consensus is to continue it (and have it fail miserably again) on 360 then I will follow to our doom.

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
Q: Why has this thread been made?
A: Because it was going to be made eventually, and I feel like it.

Q: But madden is still like 4 months away.
A: So? I want to gauge what type of league we'd have on either system.

Q: What if I don't know which I prefer?
A: Say so.

Q: What if I don't want to play in the league this year?
A: Fuck off then

Q: Can I troll in this thread about how I wish NFL 2k was still around or how evil EA is?
A: Sure can.

Q: Will you run 2 leagues? One on PS3 and one on 360.
A: I seriously doubt it. The leagues official seasons must have some type of continuity!

Q: Will your decision be based soley on which system will have more players?
A: No, but that plays a part!

Q: if you choose PS3, what about all of our old friends on 360 who don't have ps3's?
A: Don't blame me for MS's incompetence! RROD has the potential to compromise the entire league!

Q: Alex Smith: Great QB or Greatest QB?
A: Only mike martz knows for sure!

So there you go fellas! Post if you're interested in playing in our online leagues!

Also, post if you're interested in a college style NCAA league... and for which system!
I'm down for the league of course, as for which system. I prefer the 360 but i must admit i rather have a smooth internet experience. Drop outs, server issues and dead consoles are not fun. With that said if the PS3 version is worse in comparison, then it's 360 regardless of said issues.

DCX

The movement for a RROD free future has begun!

uncle-sam.jpg

Join us!!!

Edit- Maybe on the NCAA league, for sure on the Madden league....By August, Home and integrated XMedia Bar should be integrated making the PS3 very similar to 360 in terms of a fluid online experience.

Slo

Mrbob said:
No interest in NCAA.

I am still somewhat bitter about how the RROD killed our last madden season, so I would prefer to have the upcoming league on PS3. Having said this, I'll go where the league goes. So if the consensus is to continue it (and have it fail miserably again) on 360 then I will follow to our doom.

Thanks for talking me into buying a 360 and then bailing out. Jerk.

Go Davidson!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
PS3 Madden for me this year aslong as it runs at 60 fps.

I'm so sick of my 360 sounding like its about to explode and I cant take another 360 dying on me during league play.

Also have no interest in NCAA.

Mrbob

:lol

Don't blame me! I didn't bring on the RROD.

Like I said though I will deal on a 360 league if this is what it comes down too. I need to have a working 360 for Ninja Gaiden 2 anyway.

Ramirez said:
Looks like we have A LOT of vets that don't even own a PS3, seems like an easy decision to make. :lol

Given how the game doesn't launch for 4 months, I think it's premature to arrive at a consensus right now...

I don't see how anyone can seriously champion a 360 league this year. Both leagues last year were severely crippled by breaking systems....

Use those stimulus checks to grab a PS3 guys! Screw paying down debt! :D

DCX

DCX
Shawnwhann said:
Given how the game doesn't launch for 4 months, I think it's premature to arrive at a consensus right now...

I don't see how anyone can seriously champion a 360 league this year. Both leagues last year were severely crippled by breaking systems....

Use those stimulus checks to grab a PS3 guys! Screw paying down debt! :D

I agree with this man.

DCX

Mrbob

MGS4 bundle is coming in June. Buy your PS3 people.

Madden isn't out till August. I want a fully functional league. Another 360 league this year means another year squandered. It will fail thanks to the RROD.

Of course this also depends if the PS3 version of Madden 09 isn't completely fucked.

mrbob i should have told you that your opinion doesn't matter since i banned you from the league.

you can thank the chicago bears for being pussy ask snitches for that one!

LiveWire

I have both systems, so doesn't matter to me. It seems like, even with the RRODs, we still have more 360 players though, right?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
PS3 version for me simply to reduce the prospect of RROD or DVD drive failures or whatever. My third system died on Thursday (DVD drive) and even though it is covered by Best Buy's warranty, I don't think others all have that luxury.

But if we put it to a vote, and X360 wins, like Bob, I will go where the league goes.

Striker

Would you guys want a NCAA league, by chance? I am curious to how that would work and I feel it would be interesting and enjoyable...

I liked NCAA 08 more than Madden last year.

there is a 95% chance ill run an ncaa league this year. small as it maybe, i think it will be cool. i thought ncaa did a lot of things better than madden last year. plus the vids!

Striker

FrenchMovieTheme said:
there is a 95% chance ill run an ncaa league this year. small as it maybe, i think it will be cool. i thought ncaa did a lot of things better than madden last year. plus the vids!
Yep. Forgot that and screen shots!
benStillerDoIt.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'm getting the MGS PS3 in June, so either/or.

Fuck RRoDs and drives dying, I want players to make a commitment to play their games with working Xboxen and to play fair! Yes I just threw down the first Madden 09 gauntlet!

I should have a PS3 by this summer so I don't really care which system the leagues are on. If both games are equal in terms of online performance I would probably prefer PS3 simply because my 360 is loud as fuck...

I'm definitely in for the Madden league and NCAA is a possibility, if only because it will give me a chance to rep my Spartans :D

daw840

I just can't justify spending a lot of mooolah on a system in which I will only be playing one game. So, RROD's be damned I will be in on a 360 league. And I would definitely be down for an NCAA league!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Whoa, forgot to check this board lately, WHATSSS, pollsy

Well, I have both systems, but Come on people, lets try out the PS3 league this year, I've got to protect my Launch 360 SOMEHOW! I lucked out to make it through this last go round without an RROD, even though it swept through the league like a plague.

And I'll be up for an NCAA league.

I might also just stick with Gamefly'ing the games, cause it sucks to buy them, hold onto them for a few months, then sell them for pennies.

Like others have said here, unless the PS3 version is gimped in a substantial way; there is no reason why we shouldn't try a PS3 league.

PS3 has made some serious gains in the past few months. Built in WIFI is alot more stable, rumble is back, in-game Cross Mediabar is in development, and HOME is coming down the pipe as well.

Add that all up with the fact the PS3 appears to be solidly built and quiet as a mouse....the future is lookin great!! I've been threatening for years, but it appears I'll finally be able to cancel Xbox Live early next year!!!

Rorschach

Matrix said:
PS3 Madden for me this year aslong as it runs at 60 fps.

I'm so sick of my 360 sounding like its about to explode and I cant take another 360 dying on me during league play.

Also have no interest in NCAA.
What this man said.

I'm getting the triple MGS bundle in June. Works out perfectly.

Miguel said:
PEE ESS TRIPLE
Where the fuck you been? >:|

Mrbob

PS3 league is ahead. The good guys are winning.

Time to end the poll now as the decision has been made!

360 is old and moldy anyway. Good for the occasional exclusive but not reliable enough for extended use.

LJ11

I don't have a particular console in mind, so whichever version you guys decide is what I'll buy.

I'll probably buy NCAA, I always say I won't but I do.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
AirBrian said:
We can't let the RRODs win!

360 version!

DALLAS SUCKS PEE ESS TRIPLE

Matrix

AirBrian said:
You know, I really need to start random spamming you about how the Rockets and Astros suck!

Astros ...will be easy to laugh at,it would be a waste of your time :p

Mrbob

Yup I made a comment when the PStriple was winning 8-6 and now the console fanboys come out in force to put the 360 ahead. :D

But the voting was officially over anyway when it was 8-6! :p Anything after has been denied!

Matrix

We still have ....what,4/5 months till it hits? I'm sure the PS3 side will win over some of them before then.

All it takes is a few more broken 360's.

Mrbob

I think we should open this poll up to the rest of GAF and let them decide! :)

Put the league in the hands of those who don't play Madden but fight for the cause!

Top Bottom