• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Off-season Madden Season 12 Thread: PS3 Vs. 360 (PLUS NCAA!)

What version of Madden do you prefer?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Nah just let the people in the RROD thread vote for us :p

Rorschach

Mrbob said:
I think we should open this poll up to the rest of GAF and let them decide! :)

Put the league in the hands of those who don't play Madden but fight for the cause!
Wii league confirmed.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
If you put this poll on Gaming Side, Wii Town it is. Put it on the OT, and "Anything with Boobs and Snatch" will be victorious.

PS3: Alex, DenogginizerOS, Lonestar, Matrix, Mrbob, Rorschach, Shawnwhann, Zep
Xbox:AirBrian, CB3, daw840, DCX, FrenchMovieTheme, Gowans007, Haklong, Slo, Striker
fence squatters: AkaBalla, ChrisJames, DMczaf, GCQuinton, LJ11, Malleymal, Wellington

Bolded because: When did they play? or Philly fans (Irrelevant)

TSAR

i know this isn't the place to ask, but has ea said anything about the ps3 hitting 60fps this year?

Slo

Lonestar said:
If you put this poll on Gaming Side, Wii Town it is. Put it on the OT, and "Anything with Boobs and Snatch" will be victorious.

Xbox:AirBrian, CB3, daw840, DCX, FrenchMovieTheme, Gowans007, Haklong, Slo, Striker
fence squatters: AkaBalla, ChrisJames, DMczaf, GCQuinton, LJ11, Malleymal, Wellington

CB3 is ColdBlooded33.

Lonestar

Chalk up the MS Employee, El Lucke' Smito :p

Can the league once it's stupidly decided to be 360, have the topic be called "Let's all enjoy the RROD's, because it taste like Strawberry Cream."

CB3 is ColdBlooded33.

Rorschach

Slo said:
CB3 is ColdBlooded33.
Read the irrelevant clause.
TSAR said:
i know this isn't the place to ask, but has ea said anything about the ps3 hitting 60fps this year?
Not yet. We're waiting for this news too. I'm thinking it may hit 60fps, but will be gimped in another way.

Rorschach

Btw- I call the Minnesota ADs. Look what I could do with him before the update where he surpassed Chester in rating:

qzf1g0.gif

Post update AD would have burned that last guy too. Do want!

Slo

Rorschach said:
Btw- I call the Minnesota ADs. Look what I could do with him before the update where he surpassed Chester in rating:

qzf1g0.gif

Post update AD would have burned that last guy too. Do want!

I quit.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Lonestar said:

wow. this place is full of haters :lol

Lonestar

It was a friendly game of "fuck yo couch"

I mean, it's felt like a long offseason, and yet still so long to go. It's like..."getting the band back together" except minus arthritis and lot lizards...

Andokuky

Banned
1583246537_408ea44639.jpg

Or bust.

Maybe a decision should be made much later, when it is apparent whether or not one version is gimped again.

NCAA league sounds cool too. How many people usually play in GAF NCAA leagues? I remember being in one on Dreamcast back in the day that had almost 60 people.

if we could get 30+ for an NCAA league i'd be willing to go all out and do bowls and all that shit. if we only have 12-16, then we'll probably do an nfl style league or gimped style college.

p.s. if the people who we don't know (alex, gowan, haklong) voted without the desire to play they should be banned

Lonestar

I remember where we tried 32 teams in NCAA a year or 2 ago. There was a decent core that seemed to get their games in...and still ended up with half the teams being deserted. I got dibs on the Sabanator :p

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
i thought that ncaa league was pretty fun. Kyle Wright was fucking awful though. if i had to try and comeback from a deficit, it was a wrap

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
wow I won 2 games with the Cougars,whoever I beat must have SUCCCCCCKED

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
With regards to RROD and other X360 failures, I think we need to expect some sort of disruption in the league if it is on X360. I know for a fact that several people in this league are on refurbs and have had at least 1-2 systems fail on them. The chances of at least one system failing are pretty good if not a certainty. If people don't buy PS3's, then obviously this is a moot point. However, we should prepare for the delays and have a plan B for what to do when they occur.

Mrbob

I agree.

Also, it isn't like the 360 is commanding any sort of major victory in the poll either. For all intents and purposes we have a 50/50 deadlock. Methinks the madden league may be fuxxed until the PS3 comes down in price.

Rorschach

Even if it's not RROD, I still get DREs and I'm sure others do too. Playing games over and over is not fun and not to mention all the downtime XBL experienced in the fall...

LukeSmith

Lonestar said:
Chalk up the MS Employee, El Lucke' Smito :p

Can the league once it's stupidly decided to be 360, have the topic be called "Let's all enjoy the RROD's, because it taste like Strawberry Cream."

I took Freedom Road.

Matrix

Malleymal said:
Girl just got me a PS3 yesterday, so I am all game. either or

I think every guy needs a girl like yours.

Sup guys, I am definitively interested in participating in a GAF Madden or NCAA league. I have both systems but I would prefer 360 due to controller familiarity.

DCX

DCX
I have both systems but i would prefer the 360 cause i know the controller and i love me some achievements .:D :D

DCX

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
This poll is very similar percentage-wise to the "which version of GTAIV are you getting?" poll? Hrmmmm.

I wonder if there will be two leagues this year.

guys im just going to come out and be honest.

if the ps3 version and xbox 360 version are basically the same as far as graphics and online performance go, it's going to be on ps3. that's just how i feel about it. i'm not saying that someone else can't run a 360, i'm just saying for the official league that ive run for 11 "seasons" thats how its going to be.

goin out californee way!

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
FrenchMovieTheme said:

if the ps3 version and xbox 360 version are basically the same as far as graphics and online performance go, it's going to be on ps3. that's just how i feel about it. i'm not saying that someone else can't run a 360, i'm just saying for the official league that ive run for 11 "seasons" thats how its going to be.

goin out californee way!

I will only buy Madden this year if they have league play this year, I am sick & tired of EA's laziness. If by some chance Madden 2009 does have online leagues then I will go PS3 version. I was a RROD victim last season.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
goin out californee way!
:lol Coincidentally, a couple of the times I called in for 360 repairs, the person on the other side of the phone told me to unplug my console for a minute, then plug it back in. I should only call back after I tried it and if the problem still persisted.

"Oh course I already tried that!"
"Are you sure...? Maybe try it again...?"
"Look, 'Christian', this is my fifth repair. I'm familiar with the process and I doubt unplugging my console again would be the fix for its inability to read discs."

If you got the Califronee reference, you'll understand the correlation (maybe). :p

Matrix

FMT is a very wise man.

Rorschach

Slo said:
Well, have fun guys. It's been fun.
On the other hand, what are the chances that the PS3 isn't gimped?

Either way, AD is in good hands. Good, strong hands. Holding his young, strong, firm... nm

Slo said:
It shoulda been me........it shoulda been me....

It's your own fault you will be missing out! Our great government makes it easy to join the fun but you wanna be responisble and pay down debt instead of treating yourself to next-gen...

Something tells me you'll find a way to join us!! I didn't waste a lecture on a one-and-done scenario did I...DID I?!?!?

Lonestar

FrenchMovieTheme said:

goin out californee way!

dwightsmiling.gif

Slo

Shawnwhann said:
It's your own fault you will be missing out! Our great government makes it easy to join the fun but you wanna be responisble and pay down debt instead of treating yourself to next-gen...

Something tells me you'll find a way to join us!! I didn't waste a lecture on a one-and-done scenario did I...DID I?!?!?

I see what's going on. You're just looking for more cupcakes on your schedule so you can back into the post season again and get tossed early. You're the Colt Brennan of the Madden league.

Can I borrow $400?

Mrbob said:

I AIN'T GETTIN' ON NO PS3, SUCKA!!

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
any word on Leagues with stat tracking??

also send me invites on PSN , my screenname is the same as live Malleymal

Top Bottom