• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Off-season Madden Season 12 Thread: PS3 Vs. 360 (PLUS NCAA!)

What version of Madden do you prefer?

Results are only viewable after voting.

AirBrian

Lonestar said:
dwightsmiling.gif

That gif never gets old.

daw840

FMT is actually a marketing exec for Sony. He started this league many moons ago with the intent to convert it to PS3 in the 12th season to boost sales for the PS3 by 50%:lol !! (That's assuming that all 20 360 league players by a PS3)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Thats not the first time someone has had a PS3 mess up on them like that and it wont be the last.The difference is the odds of a 360 dying are far greater than any system that's ever been out.

He also wrote...

"Yea man the dust in my apartment tends to be abit of a problem, but i always use compressed air to blow the dust out of my ps3 almost daily :("

Hell he could have done something to it using compressed air to blow the dust out.

daw840

Matrix said:
Thats not the first time someone has had a PS3 mess up on them like that and it wont be the last.The difference is the odds of a 360 dying are far greater than any system that's ever been out.

He also wrote...

"Yea man the dust in my apartment tends to be abit of a problem, but i always use compressed air to blow the dust out of my ps3 almost daily :("

Hell he could have done something to it using compressed air to blow the dust out.

I know, I'm just trying to avoid spending $500 on a PS3 and Madden :D

I will if I have to...but damn it I don't want to

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
If EA gimps the PS3 version of Madden again you wont have to :p

Mrbob

How do we have 45 votes right now for our 32 man league? :lol

I wish I could see who is voting to see if they are legit.

Oh and I fully expect FMT to overturn his decision before Madden 09 is out.

daw840

Mrbob said:
How do we have 45 votes right now for our 32 man league? :lol

I wish I could see who is voting to see if they are legit.

Oh and I fully expect FMT to overturn his decision before Madden 09 is out.

You can, just click the number in the results column

Mrbob

Oh I see it now thanks.

This league is so fucked. The vet vote is split right down the middle. Of course that includes FMT voting for 360 but deciding to put the league on PS3. Then again, even though I voted for PS3, he knows I will join a 360 league if this is the will of the gaffers.

I honestly don't care what system its on as long as the league continues. I just want to have worry free league. Seeing the RROD kill our last madden season was a big downer.

Slo

sableholic said:
Same goes for me. Slo want to start a 2 man league? I call nfc east, afc north, afc south, san diego, and new england. You can have the other 16 :D

I think we could generate just as much drama as the official league!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
If the PS3 version is identical to the X360 version, it still won't change that some don't have PS3s or in my case, an X360. I don't see myself buying another X360 and it sounds like some won't buy a PS3. So, this is not going to be a universally loved decision no matter what.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
the thing is...

most of the vets will end up in the either or boat.... and that boat will more than likely be 360...

then after the first red ring of the season, all will hop over to the ps3 for a second non red ring league

Malleymal said:
the thing is...

most of the vets will end up in the either or boat.... and that boat will more than likely be 360...

then after the first red ring of the season, all will hop over to the ps3 for a second non red ring league

Just curious, but does anyone of the vets not have a version of the 360 that has the 2nd heat sink fan or the falcon? Not saying they are nonexistant in those versions but they are certainly a lot lower.

daw840

sableholic said:
Just curious, but does anyone of the vets not have a version of the 360 that has the 2nd heat sink fan or the falcon? Not saying they are nonexistant in those versions but they are certainly a lot lower.

How would I know if the one I have is a new version?

DenogginizerOS

sableholic said:
The new heatsinked Elite I bought last July died on me three weeks ago. The DVD drive failed. The Falcon Elite I got as its replacement had a defective DVD drive that sounded like a dentist's drill at times to the point I thought my disc was grinding down to dust. I know others are happier with the new Falcons, and I just seem to have the worst luck with X360, but there it is.

And if you have a 175W power supply, you have a Falcon.

DenogginizerOS said:
The new heatsinked Elite I bought last July died on me three weeks ago. The DVD drive failed. The Falcon Elite I got as its replacement had a defective DVD drive that sounded like a dentist's drill at times to the point I thought my disc was grinding down to dust. I know others are happier with the new Falcons, and I just seem to have the worst luck with X360, but there it is.

And if you have a 175W power supply, you have a Falcon.

Yep they still certainly aren't perfect, just saying its certainly less frequent then the original versions or at least I thought it was supposed to be. DVD Drive = new RROD? Hopefully not.

Matrix said:
The 3rd refurb unit I got from MS has a 2nd heat sink,but freezes every now and then and sounds like it has a jet engine in it.It's starting to act like my first 360 launch console :(

This bitch will die by the time Madden comes out or soon after.

Sweetness. I shouldn't have mentioned them being better apparently.

Lonestar said:
I have a launch unit. What kind of prize do I get???

My launch unit lasted a really long time as well, however I made the mistake of mentioning that it was still fine and then it died. Good luck.

daw840 said:
How would I know if the one I have is a new version?

I think the 2nd heatsink one got introduced in September of last year. Should be a built date on the back. The falcons you can use Denogg's method.

Matrix

The 3rd refurb unit I got from MS has a 2nd heatsink,but freezes every now and then and sounds like it has a jet engine in it.It's starting to act like my first 360 launch console :(

DenogginizerOS

So, it sounds like time bombs going off or people refusing to buy a PS3 are the two main issues. Obviously, getting the X360 repaired is an option if it happens and will lead to a delay in the league but no one will have to buy a $400+ console. On the other hand, how many here honestly think they will not have a PS3 by Madden time?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
DenogginizerOS said:
So, it sounds like it time bombs going off or people refusing to buy a PS3 are the two main issues. Obviously, getting the X360 repaired is an option if it happens and will lead to a delay in the league but no one will have to buy a $400+ console. On the other hand, how many here honestly think they will not have a PS3 by Madden time?

xbot_4.gif

DenogginizerOS said:
So, it sounds like time bombs going off or people refusing to buy a PS3 are the two main issues. Obviously, getting the X360 repaired is an option if it happens and will lead to a delay in the league but no one will have to buy a $400+ console. On the other hand, how many here honestly think they will not have a PS3 by Madden time?

Theres only one game I want on the ps3 between now and then (that is only on the ps3) and thats MGS4, so me. Not saying I won't ever get one, I just don't want to buy one if there is the possibility of a price cut coming soon after that for the christmas season or for a single game. I'm probably alone in that feeling, well besides Slo I guess. Its a long ways a way though so who knows. September has some nice releases potentially.

If the majority of the league ends up having a PS3 by then it certainly would seem to make more sense to run a PS3 league, assuming again that the two versions will be pretty much the same, if only to avoid the clusterfuck that was the last season due to RROD. I say that knowing that that means I probably won't be included.

Mrbob

FMT this is for you:

"Also please give us PS3 users a product we can be proud of this year... I'm tired of getting shabby ports."

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet but PS3 will be running a very smooth 60FPS this year. There will be no real difference between X360 and PS3 this year. On top of getting to 60 this year, we've also been able to improve our visuals in a big way. For those that haven't seen the Madden Monday's blog on Gamestop.com, I recommend you give that a look. That's some of the early proof that the game is going to look fantastic this year.

Are you a man of your word??? ;)

AirBrian

Matrix said:
The 3rd refurb unit I got from MS has a 2nd heatsink,but freezes every now and then and sounds like it has a jet engine in it.It's starting to act like my first 360 launch console :(

Your Xboxen are like T-Mac!

Matrix

But my PS3 is like the Dream,HEART OF A CHAMPION!

360 for me, but I guess I could do PS3 if I have to. I just vastly prefer the 360 online experience, and I'll be able to play it with real-life friends outside of the league. I'd hate to have to buy two versions.

And HELL FUCKING YES to NCAA. If nothing else, we can work out the online league kinks :D

LiveWire

Are Lonestar and I the only two left with working launch 360s? We should get like automatic playoff bids or something.

it might be the only way he makes the playoffs this season!

Lonestar

Yeah, but your 360 has been molested. My 360 still has working insides and isn't emo.

I really would like to see how a larger PS3 league would go. Might not be as bad as you think...if only Sony would complete the stupid xmb..

And I've made it to a few playoffs in my time, and I'm usually competitive! Until I play DM or FMT... :(

Mrbob

I am making a vow now to defeat the Seahawks in Madden 09, no matter what!

I hate that team with a passion more than any other team in the game. Every time I play them I lose in some crazy fashion.

AirBrian

Mrbob said:
I am making a vow now to defeat the Seahawks in Madden 09, no matter what!

I hate that team with a passion more than any other team in the game. Every time I play them I lose in some crazy fashion.
If they didn't have Josh Brown, the Seahawks would be nothing. NOTHING!

daw840

Malleymal said:
I am in for an NCAA league.. sign me up beetch

I second this, and I call KU (as this is my Alma Mateur):lol

I hope you don't have any connection with KU like you do with the Chiefs, Malley :D

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
daw840 said:
I second this, and I call KU (as this is my Alma Mateur):lol

I hope you don't have any connection with KU like you do with the Chiefs, Malley :D

:lol :lol

Naw man, I would stick with my hometown team Rutgers for this one... we are both in the clear.:D

Lonestar

Go around for whom? The incoming freshmen? I believe a few weren't going to make it because of grades anyway, and we've had a couple of transfers too.

Slo

Lonestar said:
Go around for whom? The incoming freshmen? I believe a few weren't going to make it because of grades anyway, and we've had a couple of transfers too.

The correct answer is "WE FANS DON'T CARE!!!!1".

Lonestar

Here in the south, we fans actually know way too much info, much to the detriment of society. Of course, if I followed the "Gopher's" I would have long since drank cyanide.

Top Bottom