• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst topic - Exploration of an uncharted world

Teknoman

PSO really was awesome back during the free Dreamcast days. Not sure how it was after they introduced the monthly pay though.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I still play occasionally on GameCube using the private servers. I miss all the good times, I wish Blue Burst would work on my laptop, but my PC sucks too much and can't play it :(

Teknoman

Tailzo said:
Wow, I never tried this for PC, would it accept a 360 controller?

Yeah, I used a wired 360 controller. All that Phantasy Star talk was making me think of trying to revive gaf blue burst. That and while cleaning up some stuff on my hard drive, I saw I still had it installed :lol

Even found a video against true dark falz I forgot to upload.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=526Wgbeyz64

There.

I tried to install this... but my antivirus (AVG) detected a trojan so I removed it on the spot. Now after playing PSPortable I thought I would give it another try and then I saw this thread, so I thought I'd ask here first: has anyone at GAF had any problems with this version (i.e. troyan, malware) or was it a false positive?

Jinko

Had no problems installing it here, there is a glitch in the updater though, just use the updater exe in the main installtion folder.

Teknoman

Jinko said:
Had no problems installing it here, there is a glitch in the updater though, just use the updater exe in the main installtion folder.

No problems here either. Probably was a false alarm.

Blueblur1

Adam Prime said:
I still play occasionally on GameCube using the private servers. I miss all the good times, I wish Blue Burst would work on my laptop, but my PC sucks too much and can't play it :(
Oh crap. I could join you sometime as I bought the Broadband adapter a while back and I have yet to play with anyone on GC.

Also, once I finish changing some of my current PCs components I will install Blue Burst. Phantasy Star Portable didn't really scratch my PSO itch. I guess I've played too much PSU that I'm tired of it's trappings.

Retro

Played some PSO on the Gamecube earlier today, heard BB was free to play now, and I'm thinking about installing it and giving it a try.

Is the link in the OP still legit, and do people still play? AVG is reporting issues whenever I run it, wondering if AVG is just being overly sensitive or if something is up.

Moobabe

Retro said:
Is the link in the OP still legit, and do people still play?

There seemed to be a lot of people playing when I was on about 15 minutes ago.

I've just downloaded this and started playing, but I have a couple of questions.

I'm playing with a friend and when you take a quest and complete it is there any way of NOT being booted back to the hub world? And the woman mentions 'rewards' for completing quests but I never get anything :(

And can you just progress through the zones normally without taking quests?

Blueblur1

I just installed this on my new PC and it runs great. I logged in and messed around a bit with a level 3 RAcast I made a while back when I played on my crappy Vista rig.

PSObb1.jpg

Moobabe said:
There seemed to be a lot of people playing when I was on about 15 minutes ago.

I've just downloaded this and started playing, but I have a couple of questions.

I'm playing with a friend and when you take a quest and complete it is there any way of NOT being booted back to the hub world? And the woman mentions 'rewards' for completing quests but I never get anything :(

And can you just progress through the zones normally without taking quests?
There were about 500 people online a few minutes ago. As for your questions, I don't recall how the quests exactly work in PSObb but I can tell you that yes, you can progress through the stages without taking quests. The quests usually have unique rewards or provide you with many more enemies to fight (in other words, more EXP). There are some group specific quests and some special ones that I'm not familiar with though.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Does anybody still play this? I started a Ramarl who is around level 24 right now, while I wait for borderlands and I could use some decent partners/powerleveling... :D

Tim-E

I have started playing this game again. It's been some time. I'm trying to get a few of my IRL friends to start playing it again with me, but they don't seem to want to as much as I do. Anyone on GAF still playing/want to play sometime?

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
I got online today and created my old character from way back. I was going to see if anyone wanted to join but now the client doesn't get past the Start Game screen :/

Foxix Von

Jill Sandwich said:
I got online today and created my old character from way back. I was going to see if anyone wanted to join but now the client doesn't get past the Start Game screen :/

Hmmm... according to the website the servers are still up. Not sure what could be going on there. I guess reinstalling might help?

MCX

Banned
Teknoman said:
PSO really was awesome back during the free Dreamcast days.
So true, my friend. Some of my fondest gaming memories.

Not sure how it was after they introduced the monthly pay though.
I was a day zero version 2 (JP) player and had a lot of fun with it until Broomop revenge CK'd my character and in the process took out every single one of my guild cards. I was too lazy to hunt down my friends after that point and moved onto Skies of Arcadia.

desa

After reading the recent PSO thread, nostalgia kicked in and I want to play again. Just made a FOnewearl named Desade. I'll be on the look out for GAFfers to play with. Gimme da loot!

Retro

desa said:
After reading the recent PSO thread, nostalgia kicked in and I want to play again. Just made a FOnewearl named Desade. I'll be on the look out for GAFfers to play with. Gimme da loot!

I think as a general rule, make the game you're in named "GAF". At least that way we can stumble upon each other. When I play (maybe once a week), that's exactly what I do, so look for it. PSO isn't exactly set up for finding people, so... we'll have to figure out which server is the most stable and pick a specific lobby.

Always a fun game, honestly... and I'd love to get some people together to run C-mode again.

Foxix Von

Retro said:
I think as a general rule, make the game you're in named "GAF". At least that way we can stumble upon each other. When I play (maybe once a week), that's exactly what I do, so look for it. PSO isn't exactly set up for finding people, so... we'll have to figure out which server is the most stable and pick a specific lobby.

Always a fun game, honestly... and I'd love to get some people together to run C-mode again.

Well I just tried booting the old girl up again and she's still kicking on my comp, if you ever want to arrange a C-mode thing or something I'm game.

And my characters are still there! I'm so happy :D

Retro

Was on a little tonight, had a ton of people jumping into my room (named NeoGAF) that didn't say anything and immediately started doing their own thing...

I usually create a game on the first Block of the First server in the list (seems to be Atlas most often). I'll title it NeoGAF with a password of "believe'. If anyone wants to schedule a time to play, let me know. This game is a lot better with people.

How long does it take to get a password to play on the servers? I requested one like 3 weeks ago, but still no response. This is making me a sad panda.

desa

I got mine in a few minutes about a month ago. Dunno what's up now. Something wonky might have happened when you hit that enter key. Try again.

Top Bottom