• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst topic - Exploration of an uncharted world

bengraven

firex said:
oh god, prepare for pain. I tried keyboard before and it was as atrociously designed as you'd expect a japanese PC port to be.

Has anyone tried an Xbox 360 wired controller? I'm thinking of doing that.

So there's no actual guild, it's really just party invites?

firex

well, I'm gonna wind up buying a 360 pad to play this (and other games) since my old USB pad sucks, so I'm sure somebody's using it. but still.

bengraven

I don't even want to attempt to use the keyboard. After playing PSO (offline on the GC) and some of PSU (online with the 360), I can't imagine that gameplay extending to just a keyboard.

I'm going to try and get this running this weekend; I'm working the real late shift until Friday so I've only downloaded some of it.

I really, really wanted to get into PSO back in the day but had no broadband connection and the GC adaptors were as hard to find as Osama Bin Laden. If not harder.

Hmm...

Terra's Luna is down.
Horizon is full. (Block 2 is bugged and will disconnect you so technically half of horizon is up)
Oceania is borderline full.

Interesting...no good ship up to start a game lol.

Teknoman

bengraven said:
Has anyone tried an Xbox 360 wired controller? I'm thinking of doing that.

So there's no actual guild, it's really just party invites?

Im using a 360 wired controler, works great (should've been in the original post). Also yeah there is an actual guild. Its just we dont have any points yet because we having turned rare items into points.

Teknoman

I wanna try to get a V.Hard mode going to get some extra stuff for some of the new guys, myself, and maybe even useless rares (lol) to start turning into points just to see what happens. Wonder why PSO BB is getting such a huge influx of people now (besides NeoGAF of course).

Nishastra

Banned
Teknoman said:
I wanna try to get a V.Hard mode going to get some extra stuff for some of the new guys, myself, and maybe even useless rares (lol) to start turning into points just to see what happens. Wonder why PSO BB is getting such a huge influx of people now (besides NeoGAF of course).
Speaking of rares, I've got something fun to give you :p

Teknoman

Looking forward to it :D
Dont think i'll be on as frequently as before until after next Thursday. Gotta wrap up all this work thats due then. After that im finally free...until finals lol.

Teknoman

Costanza said:
I wish I wasn't so tired right now :( I really need to level up some more.

Yeah if theres one thing you DONT want to do is play PSO when you're tired. You never know how long one area trip will take.

firex

fuck. well, I still can't really play the game because my gamepad blows with PSOBB. But more than that, I really, really need to get a new power supply for this computer so I can upgrade my video card. maybe then I could run the game better.

I think I may just get one of those usb->ps2/gc/xbox adapters though, because the 360 pad is so expensive in comparison and I'm a cheapass. plus I still have an extra gc controller laying around from when I played PSO on gc and used to do some offline multi to transfer stuff.

MutFox

Banned
Hey Tekno, I think Oceanica/BLOCK1 should be our main server.
Seems to always be up, plus Terra Luna is down... AGAIN! :(

Anyways, playing Ep IV Hard on Oceanica BLOCK 1 right now. :p

Teknoman

MutFox said:
Hey Tekno, I think Oceanica/BLOCK1 should be our main server.
Seems to always be up, plus Terra Luna is down... AGAIN! :(

Anyways, playing Ep IV Hard on Oceanica BLOCK 1 right now. :p

Seriously? Well i'll add that to the list then. Oceanica BLOCK 1 it is. Though i'm leaving it as either or...just in case something strange happens and Oceanica starts crashing.

shinjijai

got a quick question... i've been playing the one player mode quite a bit to build up my FOnewearl and i noticed that EP1 (at least) maps are not random at all. is there a way to make them random, like in the old DC and GC days?

B.K.

Is there an Organization XIII PC skin? I saw there's one for a NPC. It looked nice. I'd like to have it for a PC skin.

Teknoman

Looks like I may not be on or able to drop by till the 24th. Gotta work non-stop if im going to have this stuff finished, so hold onto "that thing you sent me" Nishastra :D

EDIT: However I may take a break tonight lol...dont want to get burnt out on papers.

Nishastra

Banned
I just ordered a PS2/GC/DC to USB converter from Play-Asia, since my old gamepad is dying. Sometime next week I'll be able to play this using one of my Dreamcast controllers! Hooray for authenticity! :p

B.K.

Has anyone been able to register at scht's forum? I've tried two or three times, but they keep deleting my account.

Forgot to give my info:

Inertiatic / inertiatic / HUcast

Anyone up for some lvling right now?

It kinda pisses me off to have 5 rares waiting to be used, and still lacking 100ATP to use them. :(

Edit: Added player info. :D

Inertiatic and I need help very much. Were trying to take on Central Control Area in Ep 2 on Hard but it's a bitch to do. I know half you guys are lvl 50 and above by now!

DAMMIT!!!!!!! HELP US NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sonicspear64 said:
Inertiatic and I need help very much. Were trying to take on Central Control Area in Ep 2 on Hard but it's a bitch to do. I know half you guys are lvl 50 and above by now!

DAMMIT!!!!!!! HELP US NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn straight. Also, thanks Wyndstryker for the rescue.

Terra's Luna crashed... didn't have a chance to make the room for you.

Edit: oh shit need to wake up in 3 hours. :lol

I'll make a room for you as soon as possible, sorry for not doing it today.

Teknoman

B.K. said:
Has anyone been able to register at scht's forum? I've tried two or three times, but they keep deleting my account.

I havent tried yet, maybe they arent accepting new members for some reason?

Nishastra

Banned
I've been working on a new character, and she's usually in One Person rooms, which don't show on the list.

However, my controller is becoming increasingly difficult to use, and I wouldn't be surprised if it dies entirely before my converter arrives. Of course I could just use the keyboard or switch the controller to digital, but I'd rather not do either of those :p

Here's a picture of what I'm doing right now in an effort to make the thread look more lively:

10646doloresandcaveattenagra.jpg

since school and my seasonal job at the ski resort are over I've got nothing to do until my next job starts. been playing a lot lately as bob loblaw, probably gonna make a new character here in awhile once I find some more delicious itams ;D

Nishastra

Banned
If you find any good extra Ranger stuff, let me know. Dolores is Purplenum, so she'll be getting mechguns :p

By the way, do you know what I got from a Hildeblue on Normal? A General/Body. GENERAL/BODY. Thankfully I found an Al Rappy shortly after starting Hard and it dropped the guns I'm using now (H&S 25 Justice, only barely better than what I had before, but still bettter)...

I got a number of rifles (Visks and Fals-mk2 for the most part...stupid doubles) that i'll be more than happy to give to any ranger in the works.

I'm finally getting close to getting this up and running. Right now, it's a matter of getting a crossover cable so I can bridge my connection over from my laptop without problems. Are people still playing this pretty heavily?

firex

all right, I have no clue what I should do in BB to get started. I think I'll make a FOnewearl if they're as overpowered in PSOBB as they were in Episode 1&2 on GC, but what's the best way to get going? Just do some one player shit to level? Is one player easier than doing a solo multiplayer game, like offline vs. online in the console PSO games?

Crystalkoen

Yes, Solo is easier. When going into a Multiplayer game, the enemies gain a 1.5 multiplier to their damage/HP, and you usually encounter twice (or more!) the normal enemies. Not too bad a thing to manage once you get your Normal/Hard techniques, and some TP to use them in succession, but I recommend the first 4-5 levels as a Force as Solo, since it's rare you'll be able to get the 1-hit in on a lot of enemies to get experience off them before a Hunter or Ranger in the group takes them out. After that point, you should be well enough off to hold your own in a normal multiplayer game.

firex said:
all right, I have no clue what I should do in BB to get started. I think I'll make a FOnewearl if they're as overpowered in PSOBB as they were in Episode 1&2 on GC, but what's the best way to get going? Just do some one player shit to level? Is one player easier than doing a solo multiplayer game, like offline vs. online in the console PSO games?

As soon as you have a spell that hits multiple targets, you're completely equipped for online. If you're playing with friends, just tell them to make sure to let you hit targets first, and you won't have to bother with solo play at all.

firex

all right, I made a FOnewearl named Lair and actually leveled her up to level 6. In a few weeks I might actually be able to play the game more regularly.

MutFox

Banned
I haven't seen a NeoGAF histed game in about a week.
(Except ones started by my brother or me.)

Are you guys playing still?
Or are you guys creating games, but just not as NeoGAF? :/

Anyways, I still play on Terra Luna and Oceanica, both on BLOCK1.

considering that whenever i meet gaffers, they're suddenly 10+ lvls higher than I last saw them, including the absence of a room. I'm assuming that the majority of us, me included, play single player rooms alot.

I think we should at least, once in awhile, actually OPEN a gaf room and wait lol.

MutFox

Banned
Whenever I create a Rroom, it's called NeoGAF.
Doesn't matter if I wait or not.

Heck if I see a NeoGAF room, and you're a lower level, I'll come in and Power Level you. :p

firex

I may start doing that shit once I get my FOnewearl built up. it just pisses me off because she's too weak atm and my gamepad sucks (plus my PC needs a new power supply to support my video card). Once I'm off integrated graphics and have a real pad instead of some old USB thing from like 2000, I'll be playing a lot more because PSO is always fun.

Another thing that may add to the problem. Quite often for me, if not VERY often. I see a gaf room and there's space for people to join, problem is that they're in a quest (chances are it's either MSB or TTF)so I usually end up doing something else.

another possibility is that some of the more recent players joining PSO isn't using Terra's Luna or Oceanica as their main server(s).

Top Bottom