• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst topic - Exploration of an uncharted world

Nishastra

Banned
I've been taking a break, waiting for my converter to arrive, since my old controller is almost unusable now. I'll be back... whenever it shows up :p

MutFox

Banned
Hey people...
If you see I'm in a quest, message me in game. (If you have my guild card)
Or you can message me on xfire.
xfire = mutfox

Most likely, I'll quit the quest.

also, if you're doing a single person quest, it wouldn't even appear on the list so it's quite moot making it named neogaf lol.

another problem is that we really need a better way of knowing who's online.

Nishastra

Banned
The server has a friend list thing, but it barely works. It seems you can only actually view the list once per session. However, it'll still notify you if someone from your list comes on or leaves the ship... but it's easy to miss if you're not paying attention.

I've just been using the guild card search. It's obnoxious, but at least it works.

Teknoman

I'll probably be on later tonight or tomorrow. Got a bit of gaming to catch up on...especially since GTA IV, Mario Kart, and MGO beta are on the way.

I'm playing for a bit in a few minutes. If anyone pops in, I might do some Ep.2 MSB or Hard/VHard TTF (still at level 46 though).

Feel free to join in!

hclflow

I've been playing a bit here and there. Still only level 27. A buddy I used to play PSO with all the time just installed it though, so I'll probably be playing more often now. I should be around today if someone wants to play before 6 p.m. EDT. Shoot me a PM or log on and look for me in a GAF game on Oceanica!

I'm finally on. Didn't see any GAF games, though.

Add me to the list on the front page:

storableprawn / The Batman / RAmar

I'd love to run with the GAF guild, too.

Hurry up and get your converter! :p

viewer.php

viewer.php

:D

firex

I got a new psu so I can actually play this game now. Well, I guess I still have a shitty gamepad for it, but not having the game lag so much from running it on integrated video's going to help.

B.K.

Looks like interest has died down. I haven't had a chance to play this week. Hopefully I can get on next week.

firex

I need to reinstall it or something because I couldn't change the video options any, so it's still stuck looking as ugly as it was on integrated graphics... but it's also hard to fit in to my time right now, too.

Teknoman

I'll get on tonight. It's been SO long though, our official server is still the same right? Never got to get that special gun from Nishastra though :lol Finals got in the way, then backlogged games, and now GTA IV, Mario Kart Wii, Backlogged games, and soon DBZ Burst Limit, NG II, and MGS 4.

SarBear

Sorry for bumpin such an old thread, but I just downloaded the client and created a username and all that jazz, but after i make my character and connect, the game just hangs while in the overview of the lobby. Not showing anything but the background.

No lobby selection screen or whatever. Where did I go wrong in this installation? Am I supposed to manually connect to the new server?

SarBear

Yea, i was being slow. I got it to run. If anyone is still playing, I'm just beginning with a couple of new characters:

Fomarl - Dime
Racast - Slowpoke

B.K.

I'm going to try to play some tonight. I've been busy for the past few months working on my demo reel, but I'm finished with that now. I had to reformat my hard drive a few days ago, so I'm downloading the client again right now.

SarBear

The cool thing is that there are a lot of legit players STILL playing. Last night the servers peaked somewhere around 700 people.

Cheating is not THAT bad (you'll have to do some research to find ways), and i really enjoy EP4.

Foxix Von

Ok, just dl'd this and OOOOHHHH GOOOD... SO AWESOME :D

Seriously this... is way better than the old GC version! Anyway just seein' if any gaffers are still alive here. Way back when the client could be downloaded from the sega site directly it always failed to install for me so I always passed this up :p

Anyway, just downloaded and installed it! And yup, works fine now. This should hold me off untill PSZero comes out :D

Edit: WHOOOaaa totally forgot-

Foxix / Quo / HUcast :D

There is a GAF guild, as the first post makes clear, but you'd need to find one of the guild officers online in order to join it... probably doubtful, considering, but it is there.

Read the thread in Gaming Discussion and just downloaded the client yesterday. I can't install the Japanese item pack, and often get errors when trying to load the client. Hmmm.

Next step is hooking up a gamepad and then testing it out. Look forward to playing other gaffers!

FOmar - puyo

Foxix Von

omgimaninja said:
Read the thread in Gaming Discussion and just downloaded the client yesterday. I can't install the Japanese item pack, and often get errors when trying to load the client. Hmmm.

Next step is hooking up a gamepad and then testing it out. Look forward to playing other gaffers!

FOmar - puyo
Hmmm? When I downloaded the client I didn't have to install any extra pack, also what kind of errors are you getting?

One thing I've noticed on mine is that some text on the character select screen is Japanese and sometimes the font size is too big:lol

Foxix Von

Ok, I know its a double post but I just figured out why my pics weren't saving. Apparently it didn't install a bmp folder >_>.

But NOW here are some pics of Quo, my HUcast!

Upbeat.jpg

Taking a stroll with my good buddy Kireek
pso1221708210.jpg

Ah, here we go! Epically preparing whoopass.
pso1221708218.jpg

Whoopass engage!

Ogni-XR21

Foxix said:
Hmmm? When I downloaded the client I didn't have to install any extra pack, also what kind of errors are you getting?

One thing I've noticed on mine is that some text on the character select screen is Japanese and sometimes the font size is too big:lol

Same for me, I found the download for the client in the old forum back then. I have the link to that thread at home.

I get disconnected fairly often, at least more than back on DC/GC/BB which is kind of annoying if you're doing a quest.

Foxix Von

Hmmm, wow. So the server has been down for a full 24 hours now. Apparently they were having a transformer installed or something and I guess Crono, the dude who runs the servers, just hasn't been home to reset them... SO! No PSO for me :(

Also no word from him on when we can expect to see the servers return online, and don't trust the website, there have been "9" ships online and 365 "people" online for ages now but the servers are still in reality totally off >_<

Finally got this running on my iMac, haha. Looks like you guys are still playing? Just started a RAmarl - Bacons. Any groups getting together tonight?

B.K.

I finally managed to find time to get back into the game. I'm usually on at night between 11:00pm and 2:00am. I'm up to level 81 now. I'm finally able to get on Ultimate. I still haven't found any good rare items yet though. :(

N.A

Banned
I'd love to get back into this if there are gaffers still playing.

Maybe we should make a new thread?

Lord Phol

Remember playing this along time ago, was really fun and people were so friendly.
Even though I didn't know much about the game people would give u advice, random awesome weapons amd mags they had stored just like that. There was never any trouble with teamwork either, wish all online games had such a friendly and nice-working community as when I played.

(Do note that there could as well be 'incidents' and bad memories I've forgotten, but overall it was a fun experience)

Top Bottom