• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS4 MLB 14: The Show Online League Thread - Will it work?

Congrats Rinse!

I don't know this worthyedge character, seems questionable. I'd say start the league with or without him. Failure to communicate before the thing even starts? And he was posting this morning in other threads. Sounds about as reliable as CC's knee.

Besides...his first two choices for teams were the Astros and Indians. He has to be a joke character.
Although his third choice was the Tigers...so there's a little hope for him still lol

Turnbuckle you are the bad cop to my good cop

Exactly what I was thinking, sorry TheWorthyEdge :(

Either way I am still unsure about rinse's vacancy, and if we had 18 I would have to recreate the league. But it wasn't a problem for 16 of you to do it quickly apparently!
Miggy scares me with the pitchers I have. Not even gonna lie.

People cant take over a CPU team after the season starts?

you can do that but we would need to find someone

Also, BigJonsson I have given you the Jays and you are now in the AL East

and i was kidding worthyedge, you had no issue responding to my psn messages when you were away pretty quickly! but keep this thread subscribed if you haven't already

I am going to this cave, and it's called Cave Zep

Just FYI, a new league is being made right now. 18 people. If you're wondering if you made the cut...well, if you are reading this, you likely did.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Can't wait for the 4 man league here in about a month.
Just kidding. Please stay guise.

Alright so with them leaving it looks like FUCK BASEBALL TRADITION!

We are going to have to have custom divisions.

I will reveal these momentarily.

What happened to Sanjuro? I see he's banned now. Is he still gonna be able to participate?

I have his AIM and other contacts and I can help get stuff together, but I've also listed PSN accounts so we can communicate there too.

DietRob

Will be interesting if NL teams are suddenly put in pussy league with a designated hitter.

Alright so with them leaving it looks like FUCK BASEBALL TRADITION!

We are going to have to have custom divisions.

I will reveal these momentarily.

I have his AIM and other contacts and I can help get stuff together, but I've also listed PSN accounts so we can communicate there too.

Good I'm glad we didn't lose anybody else. I'm ready to get started!

I'm actually thinking of having NO designated hitters at all. What do yall think, you have about 10-15 minutes to make your mind up

I'm actually thinking of having NO designated hitters at all. What do yall think, you have about 10-15 minutes to make your mind up

i'm fine with no DH. it's not like the league is full and we will have a 100% realistic AL/NL. but if people want the DH im fine with that too

For right now, I've decided to just leave on the DH rules as it is, but I am angling to divisionize folks within the same time zone. So the majority of your games will be played with someone in your own time zone---hoping this makes scheduling easier.

If I fuck up your time zone I apologize!

DietRob

As much as I hate to say it no DH probably hurts AL teams more than it helps NL people. Leave DH in but it should probably be league wide.

You are right. Although a wild Zep appeared on PSN while I was making the league. What I'm hoping is he can join and then Drizzler's cousin who is apparently reliable makes the 20th

I'll find out very soon

Changes:
Cardinals in NL West
Dodgers in AL West
Blue Jays in AL Central

National League
NL East
Braves - CrimsonCommie (tsizzle420)
Nationals - McNei1y (McNeily4)
Mets - Dmncnby2k9 (Dmncnby2k8)

NL Central
Reds - WhatRobEats (WhatRobEats)
Cubs - MrBob (MrBob2k7)
Brewers - Eznark (thekranz)

NL West
Giants - v1lla21 (v1lla21)
Padres - ecnal (ecnal)
Cardinals - ph33nix (york887)

American League
AL East
Red Sox - Sanjuro (SanjuroTsubaki)
Yankees - DCX (DCXgaf)
Rays - Ferny (kurruptt)

AL Central

Tigers - turnbuckle (Turnbuckle47)
White Sox - TheDrizzlerJ11 (TheDrizzlerJ11)
Blue Jays - BigJonsson (canadacool589)

AL West

Athletics - FrenchMovieTheme (frenchmov)
Dodgers - CB3 (TheColdOne33)
Angels - pistolpete2940 (pistolpete294)

turnbuckle

You are right. Although a wild Zep appeared on PSN while I was making the league. What I'm hoping is he can join and then Drizzler's cousin who is apparently reliable makes the 20th

I'll find out very soon

Is there a way we can set up something where anyone willing to provide their facebook or phone # or something can do so in here with the contents being hidden to non-members? I understand not everyone, maybe not many at all, would want to have random gaffers with this information but for those willing to do so it makes scheduling a lot more convenient. From my experience the league thread often gets knocked to the second or third page and becomes a mess of people posting about if/when they can play with their specific opponent.

Or some kind of solution that doesn't involve having to check this thread or go home to see if the person you're schedule to play against actually shows up. Maybe there's some other kind of smartphone app that can address this that doesn't involve such personal info but offers the same benefit of letting a person know on the fly if/when they'll be able to play?

The worst thing that happens every year is someone holding their end of the bargain and the other person not showing up or letting the person know that they won't be showing up. Life happens, this game certainly isn't anyone's #1 priority, but people need to remember there's another person on the other end waiting to play.

Having non-gaffers in the league makes communication that much more difficult. All it takes is for a couple people to stink things up before the whole house starts coming down.

Is there a way we can set up something where anyone willing to provide their facebook or phone # or something can do so in here with the contents being hidden to non-members? I understand not everyone, maybe not many at all, would want to have random gaffers with this information but for those willing to do so it makes scheduling a lot more convenient. From my experience the league thread often gets knocked to the second or third page and becomes a mess of people posting about if/when they can play with their specific opponent.

Or some kind of solution that doesn't involve having to check this thread or go home to see if the person you're schedule to play against actually shows up. Maybe there's some other kind of smartphone app that can address this that doesn't involve such personal info but offers the same benefit of letting a person know on the fly if/when they'll be able to play?

The worst thing that happens every year is someone holding their end of the bargain and the other person not showing up or letting the person know that they won't be showing up. Life happens, this game certainly isn't anyone's #1 priority, but people need to remember there's another person on the other end waiting to play.

Having non-gaffers in the league makes communication that much more difficult. All it takes is for a couple people to stink things up before the whole house starts coming down.

We won't be having any non-GAF guys for now, and as far as the phone and facebook we have people here that already added me and I don't have problems giving my numbers out. But I know several people here are hesitant about that and that's fine.

I think PM, or PSN message is a great direct way to take care of stuff. I think this crew won't have too many issues with thread checking though.

And if I see a situation where somebody failed to show up at a time that was scheduled you can bring that case to me and I'll decide who to award the sim to or whatever I have to figure out.

Also I apologize for anyone whose phone or PSN messages have been almost giving them an orgasm, it's basically saying the new invites are up.

I gotta do stuff but I can play later tonight

Unless nobody has strong objections in the next hour or so, I'm going to advance to the league to the regular season. For those who haven't joined all I would have to do is toggle CPU on for you, then when we get in, I would just have to invite you again

Actually I won't do it in the next hour...I'll let that idea sit for a few hours

I'm going to do that advance soon. I tested it out in our now defunct 20 player league, and I can disable free agent signings and trades until everybody is in, and the CPU teams don't do anything.

I advanced to week 1, right now, trades and free agents are disabled.

I've toggled off CPU for those who haven't signed in yet, so it's just "Empty" for now. Those people are:

Ferny
DCX
Sanjuro
BigJonsson
Turnbuckle
FMT
CB3
Dmncnby2k8 (Will be here Sunday)
McNei1y
MrBob
EZ
ecnal
v1lla21

Week 1 Series Schedule:

Giants (v1lla21) @ Cardinals (ph33nix)
Padres (ecnal) @ Cubs (MrBob)
Reds (WhatRobEats) @ Brewers (Eznark)
Nationals (McNei1y) @ Braves (CrimsonCommie)
Mets (dmncnby2k8) @ Rays (Ferny)
Athletics (FrenchMovieTheme) @ Dodgers (CB3)
Angels (Pistolpete2940) @ Blue Jays (BigJonsson)
White Sox (TheDrizzlerJ11) @ Tigers (Turnbuckle)
Yankees (DCX) @ Red Sox (Sanjuro)

Again, here is the list of teams with PSN ID in parentheses

National League
NL East
Braves - CrimsonCommie (tsizzle420)
Nationals - McNei1y (McNeily4)
Mets - Dmncnby2k9 (Dmncnby2k8)

NL Central
Reds - WhatRobEats (WhatRobEats)
Cubs - MrBob (MrBob2k7)
Brewers - Eznark (thekranz)

NL West
Giants - v1lla21 (v1lla21)
Padres - ecnal (ecnal)
Cardinals - ph33nix (york887)

American League
AL East
Red Sox - Sanjuro (SanjuroTsubaki)
Yankees - DCX (DCXgaf)
Rays - Ferny (kurruptt)

AL Central

Tigers - turnbuckle (Turnbuckle47)
White Sox - TheDrizzlerJ11 (TheDrizzlerJ11)
Blue Jays - BigJonsson (canadacool589)

AL West

Athletics - FrenchMovieTheme (frenchmov)
Dodgers - CB3 (TheColdOne33)
Angels - pistolpete2940 (pistolpete294)

If you have an opponent who is logged in already and want to play feel free to do so. I'll keep FA and trades off until we are all signed in

Since we have a member out till Sunday I'm going to make the advance sometime next Saturday or Sunday. For week 1 I'm going to play it by ear but once everybody is solidly in we're going to do 6 day advances

To those who are signing in now, check your rosters and rotations before you play. CPU had Clayton Kershaw in Single A lulz

Fern sorry bro won't be able to play until Sunday night.in the DR, family emergency.

Hope all is okay. Will a deadline for next Saturday be enough for you? We are doing manual series, so you only have 3 games vs The Rays for now

We have our first franchise injury! Three outs into the game, FMT's starting pitcher left with lower back pain!

yeah that sucked. sonny went out at the start of the 2nd inning. luckily my relief pitching came up big time. also got a few hits off kershaw which allowed me to win the game. i have to keep the dodgers at bay!

To those who are signing in now, check your rosters and rotations before you play. CPU had Clayton Kershaw in Single A lulz

Hope all is okay. Will a deadline for next Saturday be enough for you? We are doing manual series, so you only have 3 games vs The Rays for now

We have our first franchise injury! Three outs into the game, FMT's starting pitcher left with lower back pain!
All is good thanks bro n once I get back I'm good to go right away.

v1lla, when can you play? I think I saw you'll be back pretty late, but I can play game 1 after 11 CT...as long as it's not way too late

DietRob

This is a no trade league?
No free agent signing either?

Phee what is this fuckery

Top Bottom