• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS4 MLB 15: The Show League Thread - We're falling for this shit again?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
This is the OT

Also who got this digitally? 12 1/2 more hours!

I needed that wood looking steel book. Unfortunately that means I'll be waiting until around 6pm ET tomorrow since UPS makes sure my house is the very last stop of their day.

Phee hurt my feeling last night not responding to my message for a mlb14 game.

I'm getting the steelbook too but mostly since the resale value should be a little bit higher. But at least UPS delivers before noon at my house! Can't wait to be disconnected while I'm winning a game!

PreFire

There's no MLB 15 threads, so I'll post this here for now.

Servers are up
Yes they are. Just created my team in diamond dynasty. Logos took forever to make

1ce02e1640745a408ec2c420fd3de031.jpg

13529b4883f522ee7efad11a50d6aed7.jpg

77e489eb4d29b00b9e8f045637958783.jpg

6bba7d1d303531910c8dab2af338398c.jpg

001b60abdf7d35ec97e5cc37c3e5eb81.jpg

First year buying The Show, though I did mess around with the Vita version before. Any openings left? Sad to see the Royals taken...can I be on standby for them if they open up?

Put me down for the Mariners for now.

PreFire

Can you post game impressions? How is it compared to 14?

Overall the gameplay is smoother, seems like they added more animations. Ground balls into spins, realistic looking footwork and signature emotions from players. No visible jaggies like last year, and the lighting is much better.

The menus are nicer, commentators upgraded, realistic hops and the only time fps seems to drop is when you do a walk off homerun, and the entire team is waiting for you at the plate.

Everything just seems better than last year. Equipment you find and collect gives you attribute bonuses.

Just an overall better experience for me so far.

I haven't played online yet. Everything online was disabled until a few hours ago. Hope they fixed the lag from last year (at least for me)

eznark

Banned
I find it hard to believe they added more animations. It already took 45 seconds to get the ball from the glove to a throwing position.

PreFire

I find it hard to believe they added more animations. It already took 45 seconds to get the ball from the glove to a throwing position.

Lol I don't mean more animation as in longer ones, I mean different ones. Realistic ones

DietRob

That batman team looks cool.
I'm so making a GAFman DD team.
Or maybe dickbutt haven't decided.

This will get me to play DD for the first time ever I guess.

Usually McNeily is the Nats, but we aren't sure if he's alive, so I went ahead and put you down

Thanks. This is my first time in the league, I buy MLB every year since 08 but all I usually play is RTTS. Excited to try this out.

I would have picked the Yankees but they're taken so honestly you can assign me any team except the Jays or Red Sox

Can someone give me a breakdown of how this league works?

Overall the gameplay is smoother, seems like they added more animations. Ground balls into spins, realistic looking footwork and signature emotions from players. No visible jaggies like last year, and the lighting is much better.

The menus are nicer, commentators upgraded, realistic hops and the only time fps seems to drop is when you do a walk off homerun, and the entire team is waiting for you at the plate.

Everything just seems better than last year. Equipment you find and collect gives you attribute bonuses.

Just an overall better experience for me so far.

I haven't played online yet. Everything online was disabled until a few hours ago. Hope they fixed the lag from last year (at least for me)

All sounds great and addresses most of my complaints from last year. The bad framerate in cutscenes was especially jarring it's good to hear they tightened it all up

DietRob

My dudes suspend/resume is fucking awesome. I don't play games much anymore so today was my first experience with it I went into rest mode in the 2nd inning to go do some shit came back 5 hours later and hit the PS button on my controller and BAM right back into the 2nd inning.

What a time to be alive.

Question though does anyone know if it works on disk based games too. I don't have any disk games to check it on but I bought MLB 15 on disk for the extras.

Thanks. This is my first time in the league, I buy MLB every year since 08 but all I usually play is RTTS. Excited to try this out.

I would have picked the Yankees but they're taken so honestly you can assign me any team except the Jays or Red Sox

Can someone give me a breakdown of how this league works?

Last year we had a 12 team fantasy draft league. I think it was just one large division. Played every team twice and the top 8 went to the playoffs. I'm not sure how it'll work this year probably depends on how many people join. We started with over 20 people interested last year but a lot were no shows when the game came out. Then we started a regular league with however many were left and even more quit so we started the fantasy draft league with the 12 remaining.

My dudes suspend/resume is fucking awesome. I don't play games much anymore so today was my first experience with it I went into rest mode in the 2nd inning to go do some shit came back 5 hours later and hit the PS button on my controller and BAM right back into the 2nd inning.

What a time to be alive.

Question though does anyone know if it works on disk based games too. I don't have any disk games to check it on but I bought MLB 15 on disk for the extras.

I'm pretty sure it works with disc games as long as you keep the disc in.

DietRob

Last year we had a 12 team fantasy draft league. I think it was just one large division. Played every team twice and the top 8 went to the playoffs. I'm not sure how it'll work this year probably depends on how many people join. We started with over 20 people interested last year but a lot were no shows when the game came out. Then we started a regular league with however many were left and even more quit so we started the fantasy draft league with the 12 remaining.
Not pointing any fingers Sanjuro. :jnc
You all know I'm here until the bitter end and by bitter end I mean disconnect.

I'm pretty sure it works with disc games as long as you keep the disc in.
Cool. I hope so. MLB 15 won't leave the slot. Until next year or Madden 16 I guess.

So nobody can play me in an hour? :(
Scared to play me in 14.... pft. I really wish I would have also bought digital. Fuck it I might it's only money right can't take it with us and all that.

Not pointing any fingers Sanjuro. :jnc
You all know I'm here until the bitter end and by bitter end I mean disconnect.

Cool. I hope so. MLB 15 won't leave the slot. Until next year or Madden 16 I guess.

Scared to play me in 14.... pft. I really wish I would have also bought digital. Fuck it I might it's only money right can't take it with us and all that.

I was balls deep into a 2k rec game!!!

DietRob

Ill get a basic OT up here soon

Why? Well I guess it'll turn out better than a Madden OT. At least in this OT we'll only have to constantly hear about how online sucks. Instead of seeing 50 posts whining about no NFL2k and how terrible Madden is from people that don't play it.

TURBO1112

If there is still room I would like to get in on this. Since my Braves are taken(even though they traded our offense away :[) Angels would be fine.

Is the plan to give it a few days and see who purchases the game and commits? I'm still learning the ropes at bat and swinging at a bunch of crap. Maybe I should have gone beginner mode instead of veteran.

Pitching feels more intuitive to me, at least against these AA scrubs.

I'm up to test out an online game if someone wants to pitch a no hitter. ;p

Is the plan to give it a few days and see who purchases the game and commits? I'm still learning the ropes at bat and swinging at a bunch of crap. Maybe I should have gone beginner mode instead of veteran.

Pitching feels more intuitive to me, at least against these AA scrubs.

I'm up to test out an online game if someone wants to pitch a no hitter. ;p

Dynamic hitting difficulty is a pretty good option for beginners. It'll scale down if you're struggling and scale up if you start hitting a lot

Dynamic hitting difficulty is a pretty good option for beginners. It'll scale down if you're struggling and scale up if you start hitting a lot

It keeps scaling down while the pitching keeps scaling up, haha.

I have almost nobody on my friends list. Add me! PSN is Tragicomedy.

Yeah, we're going to wait and just see how people feel about it

Every year we have:
1) A bunch of people who say they want in, then don't ever post again
2) People who say they want to be in the league, are in the league for less than a week, then see "why does this fucker ph33nix keep messaging me about the league", then realize they can't be as active as they'd hoped
3) People who stay in the league and when things start going south on their season, they don't show up to play anymore

don't think you have to be really good at it, we just want you to post here and talk shit to/with us, be more than a drive by poster! since I recognize you from your heat-hating days, it definitely helps!

so for example, I've seen you, prefire, and bananafactory, corran horn post quite a bit in here. I'm going to recognize them when it comes time to figuring out how many we're keeping/putting on hold. for all the others, it's just another name that I don't recognize since I don't venture outside of the sports gaming community we have here. hate to be a dick about it but every year we have the same issues and I'm going to try to get this running as smoothly and quickly as we can.

4) People who can't deal with the online anymore

I assume you'll at least wait til rosters are updated

Yeah, we'll wait for at least opening day for sure...although I think they let you choose live, daily updated rosters? right now I can't even use Jose Fernandez in online matches :(

Also, the online has been pretty stellar so far. If it holds up the way it's been performing the last two days, we're going to be in great shape

and yes that's the perfect #4, although it was a legit reason for most. you guys at least stayed longer than two weeks!

Also, the online has been pretty stellar so far. If it holds up the way it's been performing the last two days, we're going to be in great shape

That's great to hear. It's always been funny (sad) that The Show had some of the worst netcode in any of the big sports games, considering that baseball is probably the most dependent of all them on precise timing.

DietRob

I remember the game EZ decided fuck this shit on. He was throwing me meatballs and by the time we disconnected for the final time I had 9 or 10 dingers. Good times.

eznark

Banned
I remember the game EZ decided fuck this shit on. He was throwing me meatballs and by the time we disconnected for the final time I had 9 or 10 dingers. Good times.

In 2009 I let my wife play against Sanjuro for my final act. He was so proud that he scored 19 runs in the 9th.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Just picked this up and would love to join the league. I did a Madden league with 3 gaffers who appear to be in this league so it'd be cool to do the same thing with baseball. I'll take the A's if still available. If not then the Rangers or Angels would work too. PSN name is Shuggah_Daddy

Edit: my bad I didn't realize this was going to be a fantasy league. I'm still down for sur, but would like to be either the Padres or Diamondbacks if available

Qwyjibo

I haven't played this series since MLB 12 but I'm getting this one for PS4. How do these online leagues work? Is it all recorded on the servers and you just have to get together with whoever and play the games? Have any of these gone smoothly for you guys in the past?

I used to play in fully organized online leagues way back in the day for the High Heat series on PC (2000-2003) and it was a great experience. I see a lot of MLB 15 leagues starting up and am getting the itch to try it out.

DietRob

I haven't played this series since MLB 12 but I'm getting this one for PS4. How do these online leagues work? Is it all recorded on the servers and you just have to get together with whoever and play the games? Have any of these gone smoothly for you guys in the past?

When you read the thread title what did you think?

I'll give you the run down. The league is stored on the servers. We usually PM each other here or on PSN to arrange a time to play. Both people log into the league page in game and one person invites the other to a game from the schedule calendar. Then sometimes it connects. Sometimes it even lets you play a whole game.

Top Bottom