• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS4 MLB 15: The Show League Thread - We're falling for this shit again?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
The steelbook is really nice. Added Bonus of not having Puig on the cover.

I only played a little bit since I had to jump on a conf call but from what I played in the 'warm up' game hitting seemed different. In 2014 I was late on almost everything in 15 it seems like I have the tendency to be early. I'm not sure I fully understand the mechanics of moving the camera around pre-pitch with the L stick yet. I absolutely HATE the colored pitching line that disappears in 2 milliseconds I'll have to go back to classic mode. Stupid proof baserunning!!! Finally maybe I can manage to score from 2nd on a hit to the gap.

Anyways that's my blog post on my initial impressions.

DietRob

I've watched a couple of streams of dudes playing DD and it looked stable. I think Phee got disconnected from a game earlier today.

I played a game against pete earlier and it played ok for the most part. There was a few times where weird things happened and it was different on both of our screens but nothing really major. The worst part about it was that fucking McCann walk off.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I played a game against pete earlier and it played ok for the most part. There was a few times where weird things happened and it was different on both of our screens but nothing really major. The worst part about it was that fucking McCann walk off.

How is that not major?!

Holy fuck this install takes forever. Is it downloading something?!

Check the rest of the thread it's a glitch. I think a solution was posted

Edit: the solution was from the other thread
I was reading the Operation Sports forums. If anyone has this problem. Completely turn off the PS4. Turn it back on again and load the game again, it resumes the install. Doing this now.

*Update*

Yup works like a charm. Install bar is moving at a steady pace now. Also some users just restarted the system without turning it off completely and it fixes the problem.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Posted this in the OT but I should probably save the online impressions/questions for this thread.

Played two games online with my buddy. No disconnects and I thought it ran okay, especially during the second game. My friend was having some slight delays with the batting and pitching but mine seemed to be perfectly on point. I did see some weird glitched out shit in the first game, and it seems to control a little bit clunky online as far as playing the outfield.

Biggest complaint is it appears we have no other choice but to use this fast play shit? I don't want a fixed/randomized pitch count and the option to change it is locked for some reason. Anyone know what the deal with this is? Would we also use fast play/quick counts in the league as well?

Okay cool, I was thinking they were one in the same. Glad we won't be doing quick counts. What is the difference between fast play and quick counts?

Fast play is basically just cutting out all the cut scenes and focusing on the action. You don't have drawn out pitcher warm ups, or walk ups to the plate, or any of that. It's basically one hitter right after the other.

abrack08

Can I take the Rangers? I'm in the "other" GAF Madden league if that helps my candidacy at all.

Personally I would prefer no fantasy draft, but it's not a deal breaker either way.

Okay cool, I was thinking they were one in the same. Glad we won't be doing quick counts. What is the difference between fast play and quick counts?

Fast Play skips the fluff, like the batter walkups, most (all?) instant replays, all the different camera shots in between pitches, etc. Quick Counts actually skips ahead in each at-bat and assigns a randomish count to each one. So before you throw your first pitch in an at-bat it could be 1-1, 0-2, 3-1, etc.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Nice thanks for clarifying that guys! Makes sense now. Has anyone managed to figure out how to change it from quick counts to regular yet? Because me and the trinitrin could not seem to figure it out at all, it's locked for some reason.

DietRob

Woo buddy. Somebody bought my Diamond Paul Goldschmidt card last night for 30g's. I'm rich biatch! Not sure exactly what I'll do with my new found riches though :jnc

Anyone up for a game?

DietRob

It's harder than it should be. Gotta go Locker>Show Shop> Then redeem the ones that don't show a price on them.

That's after you input the code into the PSN store.
Genius design huh?

GOD FUCKING DAMNIT... I wish SDS would not make a 'demo' game come on if I stay on the main menu long enough to type a fuckin post.

DietRob

your official welcome to the show.

now lets play a game and take bets on when it will drop

another genius design move is to default back to Baltimore every time you go put a card on the marketplace. i don't play dd so i'm selling all the cards i can. it's so fun to wait a few seconds for each team to load as i'm trying to flip through them

Karish

I'm down to join the league. Really enjoying this game. My tigers have been taken and we are doing a fantasy draft so I don't really care what team I get assigned.

I know next to nothing about Baseball, but decided to pick this up. I've always wanted to learn.

For those that bought digitally, the PSN Store shows it's 36gig, whereas the download is only 4.2g. Is that 4.2g for the "play" option, and the rest downloads later...or is my download borked?

I know next to nothing about Baseball, but decided to pick this up. I've always wanted to learn.

For those that bought digitally, the PSN Store shows it's 36gig, whereas the download is only 4.2g. Is that 4.2g for the "play" option, and the rest downloads later...or is my download borked?

Correct - that should be PlayGo.

If you want to check the status, click options button on the MLB 15 Icon on your main dash and select information - it should show you the total download/install status

v1lla21

Besides the random server disconnects I get while in the DD menus online has been good. I'm quite happy with it.

11080416_10105945714038280_178587825712021242_o.jpg

I can't believe how much time I've spent on this shit

But we getting there

Alright, just got my copy after skipping last year. Looks like my usual team is already taken, but I'll get in down the road if it opens up.

Top Bottom