• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS4 MLB 15: The Show League Thread - We're falling for this shit again?

Oh, you went in with a different team, Tragicomedy? Maybe I should do that too. I could pick some National League team maybe. I love them all equally, pretty much. Well, here's how I rank them in order of preference:

1. Fourteen way tie for first between everybody except the Cardinals
2. The Cardinals

We will get started just need week one dust to settle as well as to see who is still posting here
As I said before we always get one post and out from lots so we just need to filter it out. I'm too lazy to see someone was interested and then having to PM people to follow up.

Oh, you went in with a different team, Tragicomedy? Maybe I should do that too. I could pick some National League team maybe. I love them all equally, pretty much. Well, here's how I rank them in order of preference:

2. The Cardinals

Yeah, caliblue15 claimed them early on and I put myself on the alternate list. He hasn't been back to post since, so no clue. I'm temporarily sitting on Seattle with the intent of jumping onto KC if they open up, but if we're doing a fantasy draft it's all the same to me.

Unfortunately for you, someone already claimed the Cards. :/

We will get started just need week one dust to settle as well as to see who is still posting here
As I said before we always get one post and out from lots so we just need to filter it out. I'm too lazy to see someone was interested and then having to PM people to follow up.

Fair enough. I'll use the time to work on my hitting and fielding. I might be up for a pickup game or two tonight to test my skills out online.

Duane, are you Zep's buddy or haven't we played with you in the past?

I've updated the list with those who have picked teams. I think some mentioned "My team got taken don't care"...we'll see what's there at the end, as well as to see if these people reported back! and apologies if someone listed a team and I failed to post it but I think I covered all.

As of right now those who posted last week/early this week, and never showed up again, things aren't looking too well for you!
sorry to be a raging dick about it all but those who have done the leagues before understand why I have to be picky about who we're letting in.

and we'll see about caliblue---he's in the Madden league with us but he has also posted only once in here!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
phee i abandoned those leagues that messed up on us last night so make sure to invite me to whatever new one we create k,thxbye

phee i abandoned those leagues that messed up on us last night so make sure to invite me to whatever new one we create k,thxbye

When will you be on tonight?
I'm pretty sure you're in the correct one now, last time I checked, we were all in. And the roster finally uploaded lol
(this is not about this league, for those reading this!)

I thought I remembered you. Are the Royals the only team you're willing to take?

Nah, I prefer them, but if Caliblue or Tragic jumped on it first, that's cool. I can take another team if one of them gets the Royals.

EDIT: I guess I'll take the Phillies if we're doing the fantasy draft, or the Padres if we're not. If a real fan for one of those teams comes along I'll give it up.

Unfortunately for you, someone already claimed the Cards. :/

No, that was my snarky way of being nasty toward the Cards, haha.

Nah, I prefer them, but if Caliblue or Tragic jumped on it first, that's cool. I can take another team if one of them gets the Royals.

EDIT: I guess I'll take the Phillies if we're doing the fantasy draft, or the Padres if we're not. If a real fan for one of those teams comes along I'll give it up.

No, that was my snarky way of being nasty toward the Cards, haha.

I caught that Cardinals shade and I feel you.

I'm not sure what Caliblue's status is, but if you're an old timer in the league I'm more than happy to defer the Royals to you. You're pretty active in the MLB thread (I just lurk) and have the added benefit of still living in KC, which I haven't for over a decade.

I'll stick with Seattle for now, fantasy draft or otherwise.

DietRob

When will you be on tonight?
I'm pretty sure you're in the correct one now, last time I checked, we were all in. And the roster finally uploaded lol
(this is not about this league, for those reading this!)

I'll be on in about 15 minutes until not sure when. Got a few errands to go run at some point.

2. The Cardinals
I like you Duane. We can be friends.

LegoDad

I caught that Cardinals shade and I feel you.

I'm not sure what Caliblue's status is, but if you're an old timer in the league I'm more than happy to defer the Royals to you. You're pretty active in the MLB thread (I just lurk) and have the added benefit of still living in KC, which I haven't for over a decade.

I'll stick with Seattle for now, fantasy draft or otherwise.

I'm alive, work has been busy. I'm still up for the Royals, grew up near KC and been a fan my entire life.

DietRob

We need to come up with a entertaining way to prove who is the biggest royals fan.

This is great!

I'm a huge Chiefs fan, but haven't actively followed the Royals since 2003. I'm as fair weather as they come. But, BUT, my mom works for the Royals so my claim trumps all your meager attempts at Royals loyalty. I mean, she was at all the World Series games and everything.

I just gotta get her in our league...

Update, my skin code email for the controller just arrived.

I'm a huge Chiefs fan, but haven't actively followed the Royals since 2003. I'm as fair weather as they come. But, BUT, my mom works for the Royals so my claim trumps all your meager attempts at Royals loyalty. I mean, she was at all the World Series games and everything.

I just gotta get her in our league...

Update, my skin code email for the controller just arrived.

Got my skin code as well. The website is being a POS though and everytime I click apply coupon nothing happens..

DietRob

was the controller skin code a thing through amazon? that's where i ordered the steelbook.

also phee i just checked and i must have abandoned both of those private leagues can you reinvite me to the one we use?

will the Show developers never learn? im trying to play a buddy of mine but neither one of us can get the game to start when we challenge. tried to meet in a lobby, but our "level isn't high enough" to join any of the lobbies that have no people in them. all the other lobbies are "full".

lol, never change sony san diego!

DietRob

SDS is just trying to bring back couch multi-player. They want us to foster real life friendships and then destroy them by looking over to see what pitch the friend you used to have selected.

v1lla21

was the controller skin code a thing through amazon? that's where i ordered the steelbook.

also phee i just checked and i must have abandoned both of those private leagues can you reinvite me to the one we use?
Did you pre-order it? That's where I got mine too and I got the code for the skin on Tuesday. Already ordered it and everything.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
What's the word on this league. We waiting for rosters? We doing a fantasy league? Is it only16 or were we trying to get as many as possible?

DietRob

Did you pre-order it? That's where I got mine too and I got the code for the skin on Tuesday. Already ordered it and everything.

yep. guess i'm going to have to check my gmail trash folder everything from the 'promotions' tab i usually just mass delete. thanks for the heads up.
do you remember if the email title had 'mlb' in it that would make the search easier

I read over the topic. I'm sorry for not posting more. I need to get over this lurker mentality. I've been reading the topic almost every day, I just haven't felt the need to post anything since my first post. I understand if you feel this is detrimental to the league and decide to cut me, but I will try to be more social here if I can stick around.

The game seems pretty good so far. I'm a little disappointed that analog swinging has been butchered this year, but the directional hitting plays pretty good. Graphics are great, obviously. If anyone wants to PM me on here or PSN for a game this weekend, I'm up for it. PSN: Ohio4987

v1lla21

yep. guess i'm going to have to check my gmail trash folder everything from the 'promotions' tab i usually just mass delete. thanks for the heads up.
do you remember if the email title had 'mlb' in it that would make the search easier
Nope. It was just titled "your amazon.com promotional code"

DietRob

Nope. It was just titled "your amazon.com promotional code"

i have since found out through no help of "John" my amazon chat representative that apparently the promotion was only valid for online downloads? maybe? did you just purchase a digital download code from amazon?

PS Blog said:
By pre-ordering MLB 15 The Show digitally on PlayStation Store or at various retailers, you will receive a free voucher for a DualShock 4 Skin for the MLB team of your choice from Skinit. Additionally, if you pre-order at GameStop — or EB Games/Amazon, for those of you in Canada — you will receive the Skinit skin and six additional Bonus Item Packs for use in game.

v1lla21

i have since found out through no help of "John" my amazon chat representative that apparently the promotion was only valid for online downloads? maybe? did you just purchase a digital download code from amazon?
No? I ordered the steelbook and then I got the email Tuesday. It's supposed to be included with every anniversary edition.

Loooool.
This dude got mad Cuz I beat him.
W4i3h0c.jpg

And this guy rage quit in the 4th after cursing me out calling me a dirty Mexican.

BX50TbL.jpg

DietRob

No? I ordered the steelbook and then I got the email Tuesday. It's supposed to be included with every anniversary edition.

well shit. amazon has always done right by me but john was a dumbass. it's the first time i've ever had to select 'no' my problem wasn't resolved at the end of the chat so i found out that after doing that amazon wanted me to send them an email so i did detailing my frustration. honestly i probably wouldn't even use the skin but it i want all the stuff i'm supposed to get.

v1lla21

well shit. amazon has always done right by me but john was a dumbass. it's the first time i've ever had to select 'no' my problem wasn't resolved at the end of the chat so i found out that after doing that amazon wanted me to send them an email so i did detailing my frustration. honestly i probably wouldn't even use the skin but it i want all the stuff i'm supposed to get.
Fuck John. Yeah I'd feel the same way. Hopefully everything goes well.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Read the thread
The op doesn't say anything other than its. 16 user league with vets priority. I just wanted to verify what the plan was since the op isn't clear.

Edit* unless you're talking about your post talking about just waiting and seeing. In either case doesn't mean you can't have basic information for the type of league it is.

The op doesn't say anything other than its. 16 user league with vets priority. I just wanted to verify what the plan was since the op isn't clear.

Edit* unless you're talking about your post talking about just waiting and seeing. In either case doesn't mean you can't have basic information for the type of league it is.

Like I said, we're going to wait and see once we figure out who's in.

I'm going to give till end of Sunday to decide who's in (figuring who is actually interested and who kind of is), and from there, we'll pick fantasy/no fantasy, and I honestly have zero fuck clue about rosters right now and I'm not really all that concerned about that part

If we exceed 16 I'm thinking no fantasy but I'll let people speak their minds about this

right now we're sitting at about 18-20 people

DietRob

tbh i think i would rather have no fantasy draft in the 'main' league.

but if the majority decides otherwise i'll still roll with it

Yeah I think we will do without draft unless somebody strongly objects? Seems like most don't care or prefer real rosters

So I think I'm actually going to give it till tomorrow night to figure out final teams and then I'll start creating and sending invites. Hopefully we can get this running Sunday night or shortly after

Also another thing, post your time zone and generally when you are available. Many of us are late nighters but I am aware many of us are not as well. If you are someone who has to be done at a certain time let us know and I may group divisions by availability

In the past sometimes west coasters coming home from work had a real hard time scheduling with east coasters getting ready for bed, so this is why

DietRob

sunday start would be great for me. i'm east coast time

avail after 7pm - around midnight most every night.
avail all day sunday/monday.

ps.. except when the real reds are playing.

abrack08

Central time zone, I get home from work around 6 PM, can usually play during the week between 6 and midnight. Weekends, I like to sleep in, but any time after 1 PM or so is fair game.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
I'm cool with no fantasy draft, but if someone wants my A's their gonna have to fight me for them now haha.

I'm in Colorado so it's MST for me. I can usually play anytime during the week except Thursday's. I can get on at 6:00 usually which is 8:00 est and 5:00 pst. So I'm good for anytime past 6:00. How many games do we usually do in a season? And how many games are played during one week? Not sure I've seen that discussed yet.

Also I played three games with Trin (Rockies) last night online and I have to say this game runs better online then any other mlb I've played. It was absolutely amazing. I lost two out of three but damn it was awesome to play lag free baseball online. Almost brought a tear to my eye. Really fucking excited for this league to get going now.

Top Bottom