• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS4 MLB 15: The Show League Thread - We're falling for this shit again?

oh jesus look what I discovered today....

http://www.operationsports.com/foru...se-playoff-glitch-beware-before-starting.html

Online Franchise Playoff Glitch. Beware before starting
I started a test league online with a 40 game season with the purpose of finding out if any changes had occurred online, and if the year to year team schedules change (they didnt last year). After the long process of resolving or simming every game, I finally reached the end of the regular season.

Now when I tried to advance through the first round of the playoffs, I found that none of the playoff games were listed on the Game List section. When going to the schedule, I was able to see the playoff series' on those teams schedules. I went and resolved them and tried to advance schedule, only to get a server error. After X'ing out of the server error pop up, I returned to the schedule to see either nothing happened, or games being added on top of the playoff series (Example: 5 game series turned into a 10 game series).

I repeated this with a shorter 14 game season so I could get through it quicker and ran into the same issue. Is anyone else running into this problem? Or is anyone willing to test this as well?

I wanted to get this out there in case any fix requires franchise restarts, which would be killer for a lot of leagues on here.

Thanks, unfortunately that doesnt seem to be helping for my current franchise which is just stuck trying to get from reg season to playoffs. Every time I hit advance i get "server error" and it adds a playoff series to the schedule but doesn't advance to the playoffs...so then I tried simming those playoff games and still nothing, so tried to reset them and it wouldn't let me. About to just start over but this is infuriating.
If you started the franchise before the maintenance I highly doubt it will work.

face-palm.png.png

We'll see, I guess...

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Lol
Well fuck.

Btw tragic and DETROIT
I AM AVAILABLE TONIGHT, HIT ME UP ON PSN OR HERE AND LEMME KNOW WHEN YOU CAN PLAY.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Jesus christ.... why do I keep giving these devs my money...

I like baseball too much that's why, and because the offline experience is the closest thing to real baseball I'll ever get to play again.

We desperately need a competitor in the baseball market for SSD to feel a little pressure from. If we did have a competitor maybe they would have the consideration to fix the online portions of their game. SMH

If the absolute worst happens, I'll just make a separate league for those who made the playoffs and find a way to rig the seeding and make it work. We won't have the same rosters, but I guess many of us will have upgraded rosters....except for mine lol

I got a double pinch hitting with Dee Gordon. Next half inning his pitcher is up, so I say fuck it and strike him out with Dee Gordon. So OP is so many ways!

I know we had some missing league members last week and some games that were supposed to start but didn't for whatever reason, so I'm not going to sim week 7 games, it's not worth it especially since we have it all unlocked.

However...

To prevent this from dragging on more than it already has, we're going to set a hard advance. Maybe we're done before then, but no matter what...

We are advancing to the postseason no later than the end of Thursday, June 25.

There really aren't that many teams in contention left and at this point it's mostly about seeding. There's some teams I left up in contention, but basically, they'd have to win out and the other teams would have to lose out. These are the teams left that have some games to play so we can sort out seeding:

Mets 12-7 (10) (Division leader)
Brewers 11-7 (11) (Division leader)
Angels 13-9 (7)
Bobs 10-7 (12)
Dodgers 9-9 (11)

Rockies 18-5 (6) (Division leader)
Yankees 18-7 (4) (Division leader)
Rangers 15-6 (8) (Division leader)
Athletics 14-6 (9) (Wild card leader)
Pirates 14-8 (7)
Red Sox 10-10 (9)
Rays 11-11 (7)
Tigers 6-13 (10)
Blue Jays 7-13 (9)
Royals 6-13 (10)

Go schedule your games now. And if I see that we're being lazy about this in the next few days, I'm just going to advance it next Sunday.

I know we had some missing league members last week and some games that were supposed to start but didn't for whatever reason, so I'm not going to sim week 7 games, it's not worth it especially since we have it all unlocked.

However...

To prevent this from dragging on more than it already has, we're going to set a hard advance. Maybe we're done before then, but no matter what...

We are advancing to the postseason no later than the end of Thursday, June 25.

There really aren't that many teams in contention left and at this point it's mostly about seeding. There's some teams I left up in contention, but basically, they'd have to win out and the other teams would have to lose out. These are the teams left that have some games to play so we can sort out seeding:

Mets 12-7 (10) (Division leader)
Brewers 11-7 (11) (Division leader)
Angels 13-9 (7)
Bobs 10-7 (12)
Dodgers 9-9 (11)

Rockies 18-5 (6) (Division leader)
Yankees 18-7 (4) (Division leader)
Rangers 15-6 (8) (Division leader)
Athletics 14-6 (9) (Wild card leader)
Pirates 14-8 (7)
Red Sox 10-10 (9)
Rays 11-11 (7)
Tigers 6-13 (10)
Blue Jays 7-13 (9)
Royals 6-13 (10)

Go schedule your games now. And if I see that we're being lazy about this in the next few days, I'm just going to advance it next Sunday.

What about us non playoff teams? I'd still like to play my remaining series

Hmmm, lots of player rating changes

Harvey drops to a 93
Archer up to 91
Bettances is a 90
Sonny Gray is a 90
Jason Kipnis up to an 89 (woohoo)
Jon Lester drops to 86
Pujols up to an 86 (woohoo)
Yadi Molina drops to an 83 (Dang, started as a 90 this season and now he'll be off my DD roster altogether since Martin and Gomes are higher now)

Lots of other changes I won't mention like Panda dropping to 77 lol

I may have sold Sonny prematurely...but at least I got my Yogi Berra

I collected the Cardinals collection because I had Yadier at 90 so I didn't need Trevor Rosenthal

Now several of the Cardinals silvers are gold but Yadi ends up silver lol

Shocked that Donaldson didn't get bumped to a diamond, maybe I'll get lucky and find a way to get the stubs needed to buy him but his price is way too high right now

Mrbob

I'm not worried about you at all. I know you'll get your games done :)

Unless you got Bob on your schedule

Don't prey on the sick. I've been running a fever the last three days, starting to feel better though.

I'll start playing games again on Wednesday. Mets lets do this.

I am! :)

"Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4..." - LeBron James on how many NBA Finals he plans to lose

Meanwhile, in North Carolina:

DPmdt8P.gif

lol I keep hearing this being brought up these days like it's supposed to discredit him somehow. Would you be more impressed with him had he not made it to those 4 finals at all? I mean, I get it, Jordan never lost in the finals. He was only the greatest basketball player ever.

lol I keep hearing this being brought up these days like it's supposed to discredit him somehow. Would you be more impressed with him had he not made it to those 4 finals at all? I mean, I get it, Jordan never lost in the finals. He was only the greatest basketball player ever.

It means he can't finish, sure. 2-4.

Mrbob

I knew you would go full Goodell. Always get mad when I bring up the truthful fraudulence of the second chip from the lebron Miami era.

Top Bottom