• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
When seiken gets excited about a game, I cant help but to want to buy it. Luckily I'm saving up to buy x-mas/anniversary gifts and prob wont have money for a full priced tekken.

but when I do.. You will all feel my laggy jin magic.

Anso

Peff said:
Is the stick bundle worth getting?

It is cheap and the stick is ok, great when modified. Batteries makes it kind of a drag. Still if you're a serious player it's better to get vanilla game and invest in an SFIV TE or SE stick.

Orobi

In the PS3 version, you can grab screenshots of gameplay anytime you want, simply pushing XMB button on PS3 pad and going to XMB>Photo>screen grab. Like Noby Noby Boy (Namco too).

y2dvd

MoonsaultSlayer said:
FUCK... nightmare train and the Yoshi level are impossible. I give up. I have my yoshi and alisa with over one and a half life bars, dealing 60+% damage and have Yoshi with a 89% chance of fire damage item equipped. Alisa gets killed rather quickly and I can't do shit with those demons swarming all over me. I give up. had to watch Devil Jin's and Mokujin's endings on youtube. They're the only movies I'm missing.

Sad stuff, Namco. Really... Jin's ending is him fleeing in a helicopter? Really? I used to LOVE watching the endings as the perfect reward for playing through the arcade modes.

This, at least for the Nightmare Train stage. I think I played it for two hours straight trying on different customizations and I simply could not get through it. I only reached DJ once out of the whole session.

I don't think I even played the Yoshimitsu stage, but I am not looking forward to it if it's anything like Nightmare Train. @_@

I can't clear the nightmare train either. Any tips from anyone who has?

Both Alicia and my Kazuya have pretty good items. And I can get pretty far, but just getting to Demon Jin is a feat in itself. But once you get to him even MORE swarms of demons keep spawning at you. Alicia usually lasts only up until when DJ shows up. And then I die shortly after due to being gang raped by a crowd of 10+ demons.

Takuan

PuppetMaster said:
I can't clear the nightmare train either. Any tips from anyone who has?

Both Alicia and my Kazuya have pretty good items. And I can get pretty far, but just getting to Demon Jin is a feat in itself. But once you get to him even MORE swarms of demons keep spawning at you. Alicia usually lasts only up until when DJ shows up. And then I die shortly after due to being gang raped by a crowd of 10+ demons.
Protip: use the gun to shoot him off the train.

How does one unlock the Yoshimitsu level? I'm missing 3 characters in SC mode, but there aren't anymore ? left on my map.

MrMephistoX

hauntedhallows said:
i actually like it more than the TE because its wireless and not as big, the TE is like 1994 brick cell phone in comparison

I like it too but will probably mod it once a clear guide comes out detailing how to do so.

Takuan said:
How does one unlock the Yoshimitsu level? I'm missing 3 characters in SC mode, but there aren't anymore ? left on my map.

Go back to Steve's stage on Hard. Break the crate at the beginning of the stage. KO the Ninja and pickup the scroll. Pause, and exit back to World Map. The Yoshi stage will be unlocked (I recommend leaving Scenario Mode and coming back to on Medium difficulty).

Seiken said:
Oh NO I didn't mean like that and you know it :lol
Sorry!!!!
Yeah I know man no worries. Tbh I've not been into Tekken since Tekken Tag (and Tekken 3) on the PS2 (NTSC version ofc). Tekken 4 I never really got into, and Tekken 5 (and T5DR) never really clicked with me. I guess I was always bitter about them changing Jin so drastically after putting in so much time with him in Tekken 3/Tag. Devil Jin just doesn't seem quite the same even though he is similar. :(

Hating the new "Tekken Force" esque mode and I like the story in Tekken sadly enough so I guess I will have to go through that crap at some point and half the games I've played online have been an unplayable mess due to lag issues, the graphics are pretty dire (although I love the temple stage with the eclipse and god rays...) and not much has moved on since Tekken 5 in general terms...but
I'm finding myself playing it quite a lot and putting up with the crappy online for the few matches that are good, it really is growing on me so I may end up keeping it anyway and trying to main Kazuya. After a few hours it is actually much better than I initially thought so if you are up for a game or two at some point do let me know (iirc you are EU/UK based aren't you? Hopefully we'll get a decent connection between us and minimal lag).

Gomu Gomu

Questions:

1) My current rank is: 1st Dan. But it hasn't changed in a while. I have won over 25 matches in Ghost mode and 7 online yesterday. What gives?

2) Where the fuck is the sheep level from the online level choosing menu?

3) Any chance Namco will do a patch or something to fix that horrible Net code?

LowParry

Gomu Gomu said:
Questions:

1) My current rank is: 1st Dan. But it hasn't changed in a while. I have won over 25 matches in Ghost mode and 7 online yesterday. What gives?

2) Where the fuck is the sheep level from the online level choosing menu?

3) Any chance Namco will do a patch or something to fix that horrible Net code?

1 - Have to play online. Yes. I know. It's retarded.

2 - Random only.

3 - No idea. I wish they'd say something.

Gomu Gomu

CcrooK said:
1 - Have to play online. Yes. I know. It's retarded.

2 - Random only.

3 - No idea. I wish they'd say something.

Wow. These and the fact that they used the stupid so called "Scenario Mode" to be the main story mode, proves that this game has some serious basic game design issues.

Thank God we have "Ghost Mode", and solid core gameplay mechanics.

Leunam said:
Random only.

So, SO retarded. The one single level that everyone wants to play around with the most and they lock it up?

Also, according to you folks, I have to beat the scenario mode before endings are unlocked? Christ. I finally managed to fell the el-cheapo boss last night and was confused by the lack of video clip.

Though on that note, I'm a bit confused by how endings then show up after a certain number of wins? Meaning, I'm playing as Paul and just completed round 4, will I get Nina's ending if I simply have the right number? Silly question I know.

Also, are other factors like round number and difficulty a factor? Before I bone up on my skills, I just want to see the endings dammit!

And yeah, net code is as bad as everyone has made it out to be.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
twinturbo2 said:
Allright, in SC mode, I'm stuck on the Jin level.

I can get though most of it, but when WRG does her heel-face turn, it goes all Pete Tong.

Any help?
Quoting for new page...

Gomu Gomu

Leunam said:
Anyone have tips for Bryan?

- Learn to chain punches and kicks successfully. The damage that comes from a punch is relatively higher than other characters.
- Bryan is kinda slow. So learn how to find be defensive first, then attack.
- Forward, Forward, Triangle is a kick ass move. It's fast, it's effective, it creates a distance between you and the other.
- (Down-forward) + X is my favorite move. If you're facing a guy who uses a lot of punching, this would sweep his ass from down below. It's fast, and unpredictable. Also, you can use it at least 2 consecutive times.
- One easy, but very affective Combo is: "Forward - Forward - (Hold OR press) X", and then "Forward - forward" to charge forward. Then leave the rest to Bryan :D .

haunts said:
What is ghost mode?

It's the Ultimate Arcade Mode. You pick up your character, then fight a random CPU. After you defeat it, you are given the choice to pick up your next contender based on the character and it's rank. You can simply exit the mode any time you want. This mode is perfect for leveling up. But guess what :( .

Leunam

Gomu Gomu said:
- Learn to chain punches and kicks successfully. The damage that comes from a punch is relatively higher than other characters.
- Bryan is kinda slow. So learn how to find be defensive first, then attack.
- Forward, Forward, Triangle is a kick ass move. It's fast, it's effective, it creates a distance between you and the other.
- (Down-forward) + X is my favorite move. If you're facing a guy who uses a lot of punching, this would sweep his ass from down below. It's fast, and unpredictable. Also, you can use it at least 2 consecutive times.
- One easy, but very affective Combo is: "Forward - Forward - (Hold OR press) X", and then "Forward - forward" to charge forward. Then leave the rest to Bryan :D .

I've been using the sweep effectively, but I always follow up with the knees instead of another sweep. Will the second sweep juggle?

I like the f,f+2 (is that right?) but it's telegraphed a little easily and it can leave me unsafe if it whiffs. Just a matter of proper spacing for me, I guess.

f,f+3 is also another favorite, but also a little telegraphed as well. My problem with Bryan is I try to rushdown, where I really need to be playing defensively.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
FqibdLOgL.png

:D Patheticly bad trophy design (no versus ones, wtf?) anyway I've bored out my friends long enough. TIME TO FIGHT!

One thing the REALLY bugs me about the practice mode. There "sample" combos, they don't show you the button presses needed to perform it ... wtf??

I liked the practice mode on Tekken 5 DR on the PSP more ....

Anyanka

You get a full combo off Bryan's sweep. You can do something like d/f+3, u/f+3, d/b+2, f+1, b+1 B! u/f+3, d+3,2.

Problem is that move is NOT fast and unpredictable. It's blocked on reaction, it's extremely slow for a Tekken low. It's only used as a super risky high crush. qcb+3 and d/b+3 are good Bryan lows.

FortNinety said:
So, SO retarded. The one single level that everyone wants to play around with the most and they lock it up?

Also, according to you folks, I have to beat the scenario mode before endings are unlocked? Christ. I finally managed to fell the el-cheapo boss last night and was confused by the lack of video clip.

Though on that note, I'm a bit confused by how endings then show up after a certain number of wins? Meaning, I'm playing as Paul and just completed round 4, will I get Nina's ending if I simply have the right number? Silly question I know.

Also, are other factors like round number and difficulty a factor? Before I bone up on my skills, I just want to see the endings dammit!

And yeah, net code is as bad as everyone has made it out to be.

You can get the endings by doing the arena in SC, that's the only way until you complete SC, then they start opening "randomly". Rounds and such shouldn't matter, so if you want a specific ending, just go through the Arena's 4 fights for the one you want.

AAK

Leunam said:
It doesn't make any sense.

Anyone have tips for Bryan?

Practice move buffering. Bryan can apply immense pressure with his taunt but it is pretty high level play and requires a bit of dexterity on your fingers.

Bryan's taunt is 1+3+4. For example if you do Bryan's 3+4 mid hitting kick, (I press 4 with middle finger and 3 with the middle phalange of my index finger and allow the distal phalange to rest easily on 1 but make sure you aren't pressing it) and if the opponent blocks it, and I can position myself close to him and then flex your free distal phalange of my index finger to unleash his taunt. If your taunt successfully connects you can really unleash Bryan's true potential.

You can watch Mr.Nap's Bryan vs. MDJ's Hwoarang in Devstation finals:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Bub_p9QoPc

And that's just an example of how I input the taunt, I'm sure you can experiment yourself and get the most convenient method before it becomes second nature for you.

zoukka

Aww jeez not being able to load a second profile in VS is the most fucked up shit I've encountered this gen... every time you play you have to input the shortcuts if you want to use them :/ I mean sure Namco can pull money by just offering a new "tekken" to everyone, but paying a full price from this Tekken 6 Beta makes you feel like:

jon1-005.jpg

Takuan

Master Thespian said:
Go back to Steve's stage on Hard. Break the crate at the beginning of the stage. KO the Ninja and pickup the scroll. Pause, and exit back to World Map. The Yoshi stage will be unlocked (I recommend leaving Scenario Mode and coming back to on Medium difficulty).
Thanks! I'll try it on hard, first. It's a funny thing, I had an easier time getting to Devil Jin on Hard mode than Medium. I can't explain how, maybe I was a mental thing.

How about Roger and Mokujin?

Anso

xBerserker said:
One thing the REALLY bugs me about the practice mode. There "sample" combos, they don't show you the button presses needed to perform it ... wtf??

I liked the practice mode on Tekken 5 DR on the PSP more ....

I kinda like it, makes it so you have to figure it out :) I've managed to nail all Wang's combos in any case just by learning his moves. And lord knows you need to learn moves :3

hauntedhallows said:
i actually like it more than the TE because its wireless and not as big, the TE is like 1994 brick cell phone in comparison

I prefer Sanwa modded SFIV SE because of that very reason. I like my sticks nice and tight.

Takuan said:
Thanks! I'll try it on hard, first. It's a funny thing, I had an easier time getting to Devil Jin on Hard mode than Medium. I can't explain how, maybe I was a mental thing.

For Roger you have to take the RIGHT path on Christie Monteiro's level.

Takuan said:

Roger: Christie's stage, go to the right and beat the kangaroo and the stage. Difficulty doesn't matter.

Mokujin: Leo's stage, beat it again. Difficulty doesn't matter.

Peff

Thanks for the answers, guys. The stores around here have yet to receive the game (Scamco... sigh) so I still have some time to think about it but it looks like a good choice for a second stick for multiplayer and such, and since I have pretty much every fighting game released this gen I think it'll be put to good use :D

chrisdat

y2dvd said:
This, at least for the Nightmare Train stage. I think I played it for two hours straight trying on different customizations and I simply could not get through it. I only reached DJ once out of the whole session.

I don't think I even played the Yoshimitsu stage, but I am not looking forward to it if it's anything like Nightmare Train. @_@

u h4v 2 git gud. are you a bad enough dude to fight devil jin on Nightmare Train?

Takuan

chrisdat said:
u h4v 2 git gud. are you a bad enough dude to fight devil jin on Nightmare Train?
Or, for the unskilled such as myself, you could just shoot him off the train. huhuahuaaauha

Thanks for the unlocking tips, guys. Gonna try it now.

chrisdat

a good strat for GETTING to devil jin on Nightmare Train stage is to pick Alisa...and right when you start let the Lars assist go out and fight...then sit back and shoot off her unblockable from full screen all day. (b, b+1+2) remember that it'll track to whatever target you pick...so if you are mashing out unblockables and it's still locked on a dying enemy...hit R1 to switch it over to another enemy. her unblockable hits big groups as well which is perfect for a stage like Nightmare Train because enemies just horde all over the place. helps a bunch if you have the customization buffs too. good luck guys!

Anso

Master Thespian said:
No it doesn't, but I did forget to mention you have to have already beat Scenario Campaign once.

I just tried. I've beaten Scenario Campaign. Tried it at medium, nothing. Tried it at hard, voila.

Pachimari

I wonder what the general opinion toward the new Rage system is? What you think about it?

And I want to become a real elite player at Tekken having played it since the first back in the days and all the sequels including all of them on the portables as well (tekken advance, tekken 5:dr) but I don't even quite understand the basic terms.

1,2,3,4 f,f and all those stuff. How does that translate to the symbols on the Dual Shock? f is forward? what is backward, sidestep etc. called?

Btw, I loved Asuka in Tekken 5 and I think I'm gonna have my first hardcore practice with that character, is she a low, middle, high tier?

Oh, and I have always wondered what Kara Charge does other than light effects?

AAK

Anastacio said:
I wonder what the general opinion toward the new Rage system is? What you think about it?

And I want to become a real elite player at Tekken having played it since the first back in the days and all the sequels including all of them on the portables as well (tekken advance, tekken 5:dr) but I don't even quite understand the basic terms.

1,2,3,4 f,f and all those stuff. How does that translate to the symbols on the Dual Shock? f is forward? what is backward, sidestep etc. called?

Btw, I loved Asuka in Tekken 5 and I think I'm gonna have my first hardcore practice with that character, is she a low, middle, high tier?

Oh, and I have always wondered what Kara Charge does other than light effects?

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php

That is the notations for all the Tekken terms. It is pretty amazing how Castel has continuously kept it up to date.

The 1+2+3+4 Ki charge gives the next move you do properties of a Counter Hit. so for example if you do Bryan's b+1 normally, it just causes your opponent to enter KS (Kneel Stun) wheras if you do b+1 as a Counter Hit, it will juggle the opponent allowing for a combo.

Rage mode: I think it has it's advantages and disadvantages. It definitely changes the strategy considerably sicne the character in rage will be less likely to turtle, but at the same time, the damage can get ridiculous at times.

I personally would have preffered Rage mode to turn on B! (bound) combos instead of the damage increase.

dragonlife29 said:
Also, I have an issue with one of Lars's attacks: it's two black arrows back-to-back (forward, back), followed by X+Y. I tried for what seemed ages but I could not get the move out once. What am I supposed to do? I look at the the demo of it but I just don't get it all...
Does no one know?

Anso

Master Thespian said:
Damn, there must be something else to it. I did it on Medium with no problem.

I dunno, just talking from experience here :)

Also I SWEAR the robot voice is singing "His girlfriend's a Mexican in one state, his girlfriend's a Mexican" in the snowfield stage music... Listen, you'll be amazed!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
MicVlaD said:
I didn't know Seiken's head was a plant.
I'm dying :lol :lol Can't unsee!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Dear PS3 users: Please post some screenshots
Thanks

Top Bottom