• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Where is Seiken ?
Did he won the tournament?

JEKKI

kiryogi said:
Alright. How do you deal with steve fox? I main asuka to note. Hs just so damn fast and has a nasty wall gaame. Incredibly fast on his wakeup game too.
blocking helps. Try blocking until his combo string hits low and u get hit... then alwys try to remember when the low hit comes in.

the problem with this game is there are too many characters, which means u hafta learn like 40 matchups -_-

so for steve and every other character, u pretty much needa kno his attack strings... block high, parry low, deliver combo.

I think that and random side-step low attacks are working well for now... until players start getting smarter

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
After much testing the online porting this weekend I have to say its now good. For some reason even red bar fights go with out anything major happening. Big difference well at least for me on am on PSN.

kiryogi

Banned
JEKKI said:
blocking helps. Try blocking until his combo string hits low and u get hit... then alwys try to remember when the low hit comes in.

the problem with this game is there are too many characters, which means u hafta learn like 40 matchups -_-

so for steve and every other character, u pretty much needa kno his attack strings... block high, parry low, deliver combo.

I think that and random side-step low attacks are working well for now... until players start getting smarter

Well the problem, it's not the AI, it's my friend. So he's playing a mad mixup game, and I end up eating that low when trying to parry it or something. I did some reading just now and it seems I need to keep spaced away too D:

Trying to unlock Yoshimitsu in Scenario Campaign. Fuck me, it's fucking impossible (for me), even on medium difficulty. God knows how bad Nightmare Train is, don't think I'll be trying that. I've got my head around Azazel but as for Yoshimitsu....Can Scenario Campaign be played online? It can't, can it? Fuck..

CO_Andy

CcrooK said:
I'm wondering that myself. He either won and is playing none stop, or he lost and is crying in a corner in some dark ally.
He's playing Tekken 6 every time i drop by my PSN friends list.

He even has a "Tekken 6 > Street Fighter 4" tag. Shameful.

It's been the first time I've used Armoured King since Tekken 2 and he's seeming pretty beastly. Am hoping to get the timing down so I can df1;gs after B! some time soon but sticking with f2, 1 instead is doing me pretty well for the time being. Am enjoying the game much more than expected, was going through ranked matches with Mokujin earlier with a friend in party, the suspense created between your generic pose in the VS screen to the opening stance in battle is amazing :lol

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
CO_Andy said:

He was bitching about not being able to do some combo in the SFIV thread. :lol

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Got some revenge on Richard Li this weekend.. well, more like evened things up. We played online and he whooped me 20 straight with his Bob earlier in the week... I picked up some new combos and stuff with Steve so did a lot better the other night. His Bob is pretty good though. He can do so much damage so quickly...

I have a REAL problem vs low attacks. Ive tried parrying but its still kind of risky. The best solution Ive found is to stay out of low range and use d/f + 2 to try to connect with a CH.

Trying to learn a bit more about mvoement too. I hear dash back and cancel up or down is the legit shit but not good at it yet.

FUCK... nightmare train and the Yoshi level are impossible. I give up. I have my yoshi and alisa with over one and a half life bars, dealing 60+% damage and have Yoshi with a 89% chance of fire damage item equipped. Alisa gets killed rather quickly and I can't do shit with those demons swarming all over me. I give up. had to watch Devil Jin's and Mokujin's endings on youtube. They're the only movies I'm missing.

Sad stuff, Namco. Really... Jin's ending is him fleeing in a helicopter? Really? I used to LOVE watching the endings as the perfect reward for playing through the arcade modes.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kadey said:
He was bitching about not being able to do some combo in the SFIV thread. :lol

Please tell me you're enjoying this game too ;)

haunts said:
Got some revenge on Richard Li this weekend.. well, more like evened things up. We played online and he whooped me 20 straight with his Bob earlier in the week... I picked up some new combos and stuff with Steve so did a lot better the other night. His Bob is pretty good though. He can do so much damage so quickly...

I have a REAL problem vs low attacks. Ive tried parrying but its still kind of risky. The best solution Ive found is to stay out of low range and use d/f + 2 to try to connect with a CH.

Trying to learn a bit more about mvoement too. I hear dash back and cancel up or down is the legit shit but not good at it yet.

Low parrying with Seve is good, he can carry his opponent to the wall like mad.

low parry, d/f+1,2,1~B, f+2,1~B, FLK 1~ALB 2. In the open. Obviously with all the in between transitions you can substitute almost anything else once they hit the wall.

Steve is a beast. Use the shit out of his b+1~B, Bob doesn't have that many low moves that can crush it. CH b+1 is very safe on whiff too. Great tracking as well.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Anyone biting on any of these?

http://sdtekken.com/2009/10/30/hot-new-tekken-6-goods-from-japan/

1_115603_betsu2.jpg

I don't smoke, but I'm getting that!

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Allright, in SC mode, I'm stuck on the Jin level.

I can get though most of it, but when WRG does her heel-face turn, it goes all Pete Tong.

Any help?

MrDenny

Sai said:
Queen's Harbor, Scenario Campaign level with Lili.
I remember now, hopefully it'll be a song for a possible dlc stage, it sounds too awesome.
The roger stage had a pretty catchy tune too.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Shurs said:
It's odd, I'd rather have the AA rather than the motion blur in the PS3 version.
After reading up on forums & site about Tekken 6 switching off motion blur was the first thing I did, but I had to have a look what difference it made so switched it back on, and I liked it
just makes the fighters moves look....I don't know, it's like there's more force behind them

I played a lot of online today and, for the most part, they were playable. Some had no lag whatsoever, some had a bit, and some were ridiculous.

Ugh...I always suffer from nerves when I play online =/ I forget my combos sometimes or they just won't come out at all :( (Though, this could be due to lag, too) Anyway, I faced a few spammers here and there...and lost :( What pisses me off the most is that I fall for it. Oh, well.

I think I had three DCers today--two in Player and one in Ranked.

Man, it's going to be fun learning 40 characters' animations so I know what to block D:

Anyway, I've been practicing my Lars and coming up with my own combos--no looking online whatsoever. I've written them down, too...haha, so fun.

Also, I have an issue with one of Lars's attacks: it's two black arrows back-to-back (forward, back), followed by X+Y. I tried for what seemed ages but I could not get the move out once. What am I supposed to do? I look at the the demo of it but I just don't get it all...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm back!!!!

fNosyDoVs.jpg

Sorry GAF for not posting here since the launch - that's how Tekken works for me :lol

Also, I haven't really followed GAF or any other website so I'm not sure what people think about this game but I'm telling you guys this, this is THE best game this year and THE best Tekken, which makes this game THE best fighting game ever created in human kind history.

There, I said it. Fuck the doubters.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Congratulations Seiken !!
Hey add me to your PSN friend list :)

CO_Andy said:

:lol

Im still on the fence about this game... to buy or not to buy... thats the question

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fersis said:
Congratulations Seiken !!
Hey add me to your PSN friend list :)
Thanks man :D! I just added you!
Fersis said:
Im still on the fence about this game... to buy or not to buy... thats the question ?
DO IT. When Seiken says it's THE best fighting game ever, it really is.

Actually I only made that tag because some ass hole on my PSN had SFIV > TEKKEN 6 so I just felt like countering it :lol

Fersis

Seiken said:
Thanks man :D! I just added you!

DO IT. When Seiken says it's THE best fighting game ever, it really is.

Actually I only made that tag because some ass hole on my PSN had SFIV > TEKKEN 6 so I just felt like countering it :lol
Ok, if i buy it... would you teach me how to play it?
Yesterday i saw some Tekken6 stream (fadc i think) and it was pretty rad.

Yoshichan

Fersis said:
I'd love to teach you Tekken, problem is online play though. I'm willing to spend days doing it through PSN chat or voice if you're up for that though! Have you played any previous Tekken?

EDIT: That platinum was also way too easy to get :(

Huggers

Seiken said:
Also, I haven't really followed GAF or any other website so I'm not sure what people think about this game but I'm telling you guys this, this is THE best game this year and THE best Tekken, which makes this game THE best fighting game ever created in human kind history.

There, I said it. Fuck the doubters.

Seiken, I was on the fence about whether to pick this up, I noticed your (Tekken 6 > SF IV) status yesterday and thought you must be kidding but apparently not!

Yoshichan

The Hug Dog said:
Seiken, I was on the fence about whether to pick this up, I noticed your (Tekken 6 > SF IV) status yesterday and thought you must be kidding but apparently not!
Hugger my man, if you want to play (I'll say this again, it'll never get old) THE best fighting game, buy this. It's so content full it's ridiculous and if you've got a Tekken-player near you, you'll be getting more fun than SFIV :D

EDIT: A bunch of dudes are waiting for me to play some more now :lol So BRB a couple of weeks or something! Later!

Huggers

Seiken said:
Hugger my man, if you want to play (I'll say this again, it'll never get old) THE best fighting game, buy this. It's so content full it's ridiculous and if you've got a Tekken-player near you, you'll be getting more fun than SFIV :D

EDIT: A bunch of dudes are waiting for me to play some more now :lol So BRB a couple of weeks or something! Later!

Sweet, I'll pick it up pay day (Friday), I just got a slim to replace my dead 60gb so I am going to go on a game buying rampage, I am going to need some Tekken practice though as you will certainly destroy me at this point. Play soon for sure though dude

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck you Seiken. Your post made me run out and go buy Tekken 6. Bye bye money and time! I haven't played Tekken hardcore since 3 and the home version of Tag.

Fersis said:
Yesterday i saw some Tekken6 stream (fadc i think) and it was pretty rad.

Straying from my tutelage already eh?! You never even asked me T_T

Yoshichan

Tobiasboon said:
¬_¬

Grats on the win though dude. :)
Oh NO I didn't mean like that and you know it :lol
Sorry!!!!
Zefah said:
Fuck you Seiken. Your post made me run out and go buy Tekken 6. Bye bye money and time! I haven't played Tekken hardcore since 3 and the home version of Tag.
YES! Mission Accomplished :D

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
It's only worth getting if you have offline comp.

I don't outside of once/month tournies, so I'm holding off.

LowParry

arstal said:
It's only worth getting if you have offline comp.

I don't outside of once/month tournies, so I'm holding off.

Who cares. If people are wanting to buy the game because they're a fan of the game, having fun with the game, etc., then that's where it's at.

Fersis

FindMyFarms said:
Straying from my tutelage already eh?! You never even asked me T_T
:lol

We have to play some SFIV

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Zefah said:
This, I seriously ain't got a cllue what it is but I'm playing this Tekken for hours & I mean hours
I usually put it on about 10pm & I just play & play, the time flys cuz it ends up being 8 in the morning when I realise I've been playing so long :lol
the only thing I don't like is the arcade mode, its not like before
in fact that old version of it is called arena in the SC mode, and it has 3 or 4 fights to it & you can't choose all the characters until you unlocked them :(

Top Bottom