• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Anso said:
EDIT: I can't be the only one who ENJOYS playing Scenarion Campaign.... right?

The scenario campaign is fine, I just hate that clothing improves attributes, so I have to get out of Lili's awesome 2P outfit to have more of an advantage.

Anso

Hcoregamer00 said:
The scenario campaign is fine, I just hate that clothing improves attributes, so I have to get out of Lili's awesome 2P outfit to have more of an advantage.

Yeah, wish you unlocked the stats so you could customize the clothes you actually want instead. Think sockets in Diablo 2 or materia in FFVII or generally putting stuff in other stuff.

MarkMan said:
Alphaism Radio

http://www.alphaism.com:8000/listen.pls

TEKKEN 6 episode with top players/community members.

Listen in!

It's LIVE!

Asian bitches make me moist.

Hcoregamer00

Anso said:
Yeah, wish you unlocked the stats so you could customize the clothes you actually want instead. Think sockets in Diablo 2 or materia in FFVII or generally putting stuff in other stuff.

Hell, if they really wanted to make it enjoyable, they should have added experience points and levels. That's what I loved about playing Tales of Swords in Soul Calibur 3, leveling up your character and make them insanely powerful.

Anso

Hcoregamer00 said:
Hell, if they really wanted to make it enjoyable, they should have added experience points and levels. That's what I loved about playing Tales of Swords in Soul Calibur 3, leveling up your character and make them insanely powerful.

Yeah, that was definitely the highlight of SCIII that I otherwise didn't enjoy a lot... Man someone need to make a proper RPG spin-off or something.

Hcoregamer00

Relix said:
BTW I feel like I am the only one that enjoys scenario mode :lol

You are not, I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Of course, I must say that it could have been much better with little tweaks here and there.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
DRE Fei said:
Wow, clueless tekken dudes weighing in on other games on that podcast. Stick to your own game's knowledge please. :lol

What's funny is, those guys will beat 99% of the SF players on NeoGAF in SF4. lol.

DRE Fei

Probably true, but why the VF hate? That crossover game is probably gonna happen. I'm not sure how those two systems can be combined, but whatever.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
DRE Fei said:
Probably true, but why the VF hate? That crossover game is probably gonna happen. I'm not sure how those two systems can be combined, but whatever.

I don't know about them, but I love VF.

I'm looking forward to a possible crossover :D

DRE Fei said:
I'm not sure how those two systems can be combined.

Block button/ARM + four limb control GOGOGOGOGO.

And I hope Namco tells SEGA that it's not their fault VF only has 19 characters and includes their entire cast. :lol

Relix said:
BTW I feel like I am the only one that enjoys scenario mode :lol
Dude, you're not :lol We're XBL friends--surely you see that I spend most of my time in SC XD

And, yeah, I hate that clothing has stats like in SCIV...I just want them to look cool, dammit, but I have to use certain godly pieces of equipment that aren't exactly what I want my character to look like :(

Lars <3 I love him so much :D I spent some time with Lili and I'm falling in love with her moves...she's so awesome.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Allright, I unlocked the "night at the movies" achievement by beating the arena section with Asuka... and considering how fucking cheap Azazel is, and how underwhelming the ending cinematic was, I'm just going to let the rest unlock randomly.

And Namco should have just saved us the trouble and made the final boss Shao Khan from Mortal Kombat if they were going the cheap route. srsly.

DRE Fei said:

They'll just give you an option as to which control system you want to use, like the vs. Capcom vs. SNK games did.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
hauntedhallows said:
Crossover should be Mortal Kombat vs. Tekken since MK:A has like 65 characters and is the most underated franchise in videogames!!
... but Motaro would be complaining of Azazel's cheapness...

... then again, Ed Boon is a Tekken fan...

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
LiveFromKyoto said:
They'll just give you an option as to which control system you want to use, like the vs. Capcom vs. SNK games did.

Or tekken style attacking with a guard button added- 5 buttons total.
It would be easier to convert VF attacks to Tekken style then vice versa.
Throw breaks would also be Tekken-style.
Overall engine and distance would be VF-style though, but without the option selects if possible.

Caj814

Yeah it seems impossible to find someone with green bars today.90% of the matches have been shitload of input lag ->SYNCING->disconnect.

Then there are the matches that are a blood red connection bar in ranking or quick player match and DON'T disconnect until the match is over.It's like watching a 3 minute Tekken .gif load on a 26k modem.:lol

Teknoman

Eiji said:
Yeah!

Heihachi vs. Akira!

FIGHT!

Jacky + Paul team for me. Also any word on whether Namco is going to try and improve the netcode with a patch any time soon? Still waiting for my copy, but just want to be on top of things.

usea

Sorry to ask such a question, but: Do you have to play the single player thing to unlock characters? Do you have to unlock characters at all?

Caj814

Teknoman said:
Jacky + Paul team for me. Also any word on whether Namco is going to try and improve the netcode with a patch any time soon? Still waiting for my copy, but just want to be on top of things.

Nothing yet.Also no response from their facebook page.They seem completely oblivious of it right now :lol

Gomu Gomu

usea said:
Sorry to ask such a question, but: Do you have to play the single player thing to unlock characters? Do you have to unlock characters at all?

No. All 40 characters are available. I don't know about that scenario mode thing.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Gomu Gomu said:
No. All 40 characters are available. I don't know about that scenario mode thing.
In arcade mode, yes, that's true. In SC mode, though, only Goku and Weeaboo Animu Bot are available, and the rest have to be unlocked.

usea

Thanks guys. I was just curious about vs mode. I have absolutely no interest in playing a fighting game single player mode.

spidye

Guys, I can get this game really cheap(two old games and 10€) from a local gamestop.
how is this game(on ps3)?
As a kid I really loved tekken3 but never bothered with the newer ones. will I enjoy tekken6?
how is the online part?

zoukka

spidye said:
Guys, I can get this game really cheap(two old games and 10€) from a local gamestop.
how is this game(on ps3)?
As a kid I really loved tekken3 but never bothered with the newer ones. will I enjoy tekken6?
how is the online part?

Gameplay is good.
SP is horrible.
Online is horrible.

I wouldn't recommend if you don't have a bunch of friends owning the game too that can play with you locally.

Anso

zoukka said:
Gameplay is good.
SP is horrible.
Online is horrible.

I wouldn't recommend if you don't have a bunch of friends owning the game too that can play with you locally.

Gameplay is fantastic.
SP is fun.
Online is horrible most of the time.

I recommend it.

spidye

ok guys thanks for the responses. I can get nfs shift too. what would be better tekken 6 or nfs shift? I am leaning towards tekken but I didn't heard good things of it

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Master Thespian said:
I keep saying this to people. Is the final word on a fighting game's graphics what it looks like on pause?

Indeed, the motion blur makes a lot of difference & the graphics are rather detailed
I mean have ya seen Law, his buff :lol

psy18

akilshohen said:
cannot stand the final boss in the arena

It's easy. Just find 2 or 3 combos for your character (preferrably with 3 hits or more) and spam them.
Timing is important. Just start your combo before Azazel is going to attack (even while he's blocking) so that your 2nd or 3rd hit connect when azazel charging his attack.
I got perfect round from him every now and then.
He's just that easy.

also watchout for his teleporting attack and set to 1 round battle.
you'll get all the endings in no time.

Shurs

TGO said:
Indeed, the motion blur makes a lot of difference & the graphics are rather detailed
I mean have ya seen Law, his buff :lol

It's odd, I'd rather have the AA rather than the motion blur in the PS3 version.

Takuan

spidye said:
ok guys thanks for the responses. I can get nfs shift too. what would be better tekken 6 or nfs shift? I am leaning towards tekken but I didn't heard good things of it
Would you rather play a fighter or a racer?

Do you have friends to play with? If not, is online play a significant factor for you? As everyone in this thread has mentioned, the online performance is terrible.

Does frequent loading annoy you? (PS3 version)

Do dated graphics bother you?

Unless you really love Tekken, I'd wait for a price drop.

Caj814 said:
Nothing yet.Also no response from their facebook page.They seem completely oblivious of it right now :lol

How is this even possible. Their game has been out almost a week. It's being universally panned for having a subpar online mode and they have no response. How fucking clueless are these people. Buying FM3 instead of Tekken and leaving that new King of Fighters game in it's plastic wrap are 2 of the best gaming decisions Ive made all year.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I live in Puerto Rico and actually lag hasn't been that bad of an issue. Yeah I've felt the extremely laggy, sucky, 3 second late input lag matches, but on the other hand I've gotten a lot of green bar matches that are surprisingly smooth and match up or even surpass the SF4 netcode at times. It's hard to explain how it works and how it doesn't. Also I play with a friend some 20 miles away and it's perfect.

So it's not all that bad if you can actually get good matches.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
arstal said:
Or tekken style attacking with a guard button added- 5 buttons total.
It would be easier to convert VF attacks to Tekken style then vice versa.

It's usually easier to ruin things than to make them better, yes.

Hopefully that crossover never happens. I really don't see how the two styles of gameplay could be meshed all that well, and whichever way you tip the balance, one fanbase is going to be pissed/alienated. Mortal Kombat would be a better match for Tekken.

kiryogi

Banned
Alright. How do you deal with steve fox? I main asuka to note. Hs just so damn fast and has a nasty wall gaame. Incredibly fast on his wakeup game too.

Caj814

MattKeil said:
It's usually easier to ruin things than to make them better, yes.

Hopefully that crossover never happens. I really don't see how the two styles of gameplay could be meshed all that well, and whichever way you tip the balance, one fanbase is going to be pissed/alienated. Mortal Kombat would be a better match for Tekken.
1181691570833.gif

Top Bottom