• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

Anyone disappointed by this game visually? SC4 was gorgeous; this doesn't seem to look as good as it can be. I haven't tried it with MB off; maybe that will clean it up some. PS3 version, by the way. The Story/Campaign mode seems lackluster so far; i turned it off pretty quickly; doesn't seem like I'll find much fun with it. I dunno; I haven't spent much time with the game yet at all, but so far i have mixed feelings for it. No online yet, but hopefully it works well when it's available.

perineumlick said:
Anyone disappointed by this game visually? SC4 was gorgeous; this doesn't seem to look as good as it can be. I haven't tried it with MB off; maybe that will clean it up some. PS3 version, by the way. The Story/Campaign mode seems lackluster so far; i turned it off pretty quickly; doesn't seem like I'll find much fun with it. I dunno; I haven't spent much time with the game yet at all, but so far i have mixed feelings for it. No online yet, but hopefully it works well when it's available.
Yeah, especially on 360, SCIV was awesome. The Picture quality was so great because it was rendered natively at 1366×768 and then scaled down to 720p. I dunno how that would look on a 1080p set tho :p

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Did anyone pre-order at Play-Asia? I just saw a post elsewhere saying that the game's status has changed to "preparing order," but I don't know for which region. If it's the Asian version, I'm ordering ASAP so I can get it Monday...

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Lyte Edge said:
Did anyone pre-order at Play-Asia? I just saw a post elsewhere saying that the game's status has changed to "preparing order," but I don't know for which region. If it's the Asian version, I'm ordering ASAP so I can get it Monday...

I ordered the Japanese version at P-A and it's still on Preorder / Backorder. Ships on Oct. 29.

:(

Lyte Edge

luka said:
I ordered the Japanese version at P-A and it's still on Preorder / Backorder. Ships on Oct. 29.

Hmm...I'm tempted to order both the Asian and American versions and see what happens in the next 24 hours. :lol

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Totally agree on the visuals. On 360 here, and SCIV is tremendously better looking. This looks like a small step above PS3 DR, it's kind of faded looking. Even with motion blur off, and increase the resolution, it just smooths out some edges, but never has that crisp look SF4 and SC4 have.

Lyte Edge

All right, it's the U.S. version for PS3 that Play-Asia supposedly have in stock and are going to be shipping out orders for today.

I ordered it with FedEx; if mine hasn't shipped by tomorrow night, I'm canceling. If it does, though, Monday it is...

...then Tuesday for the 360 version!

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Play-asia order status:

Preorder / Backorder Asia version.

Also, the visual must be downgraded from the arcade version if you guys think it's only a small step above PS3 T5 DR. The arcade version (High end HD cab) easily looks like a big improvement over that, plus I'd say the stages leave SFIV in the dust, and the detail on the characters is really nice.

Lyte Edge

GeoNeo said:
Play-asia order status:

Preorder / Backorder Asia version.

Also, the visual must be downgraded from the arcade version if you guys think it's only a small step above PS3 T5 DR. The easily looks like a big improvement over that, plus I'd say the stages leave SFIV in the dust, and the detail on the characters is really nice.

I keep reading that the game's resolution isn't as high on PS3 as it is on 360. It's been over a year since I last played the arcade game, but I don't remember being wildly impressed with it visually.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Lyte Edge said:
I keep reading that the game's resolution isn't as high on PS3 as it is on 360.

Though, with motion blur off the PS3 version has 2XMSAA. Also, the article points out that its the best option when it comes to IQ.

Overall, although there's really nothing in it in the heat of gameplay, we'd take the PS3's blur-off 576p 2xMSAA picture as the best IQ option available across both versions

I might end up buying it on 360 too.

CO_Andy

Lyte Edge said:
It's been over a year since I last played the arcade game, but I don't remember being wildly impressed with it visually.
Is it really not that impressive? I've got some ancient impressions on Tekken 6 from Nick Rox and Oichi saved. Its quite :lol

Nick Rox said:
Went and checked out the location test today.

Man, releasing frame buffer grabs as promotion stills for T6 may have been the worst mistake Namco's publicity team has ever made. The game is absolutely gorgeous in motion. If only they had released bullshots, nobody would be complaining. Character models are probably the best ever in a fighting game, and most of the stage designs are absolutely fantastic with plenty of interactivity. Beautiful lighting and environmental effects, too.

I was really pleased with all the new animation. Finally most of those ancient legacy motions are gone, and the game looks that much better for it.

The single thing that impressed me the most, however, was a small detail--Lili's hair. Holy Jesus Lord. Team Ninja can go get screwed--it's the best long hair ever in a 3-D video game, period. I repeatedly said wow every time someone used her. Has to be seen to be believed.
Oichi said:
IMO this game looks FAR better than VF5 even at the testing stage. Technically it's really impressive but what puts it over VF5 is just the design of the characters and stage. They did a really good job of making things dynamic. The underlying system of the game hasn't changed all that much aside from Rage and the 10 frame jabs so it's really T5DR with a fresh coat of sex over it, but then again, DR is probably the best Tekken in the series so I have no problem with the game playing similar to that. One thing i noticed was that the dash/backdash were slightly slower than in DR, but sidesteps were not only fast but goooooood. So god damn good!

Lyte Edge

CO_Andy said:
Is it really not that impressive? I've got some ancient impressions on Tekken 6 from Nick Rox and Oichi saved. Its quite :lol

I didn't play it much; decided to wait for the home version before dumping a ton of cash into the arcade version -little did I know how long it would take for it to come out - so my memory is pretty fuzzy on the graphics.

I just don't remember being blown away by anything. It was really solid-looking, but nothing mind-blowing. Again, it's been like a year since I last even saw the game in an arcade, and I also never saw Blood Rebellion, if that improved on the visuals any.

If those impressions you reposted are from when the game first came out, also remember that those were from almost two years back!

LiK

Lyte Edge said:
I didn't play it much; decided to wait for the home version before dumping a ton of cash into the arcade version -little did I know how long it would take for it to come out! :lol -

So my memory is pretty fuzzy on the graphics. I just don't remember being blown away by anything. It was really solid-looking, but nothing mind-blowing. Again, it's been like a year since I last even saw the game in an arcade, and I also never saw Blood Rebellion, if that improved on the visuals any.

If those impressions you reposted are from when the game first came out, also remember that those were from almost two years back!

home version will be better than the arcade version as usual, amirite?

Lyte Edge

LiK said:
home version will be better than the arcade version as usual, amirite?

Don't really care, to be honest-- I don't play these games for their graphics. :p

hamchan

I always wait for home console versions for fighting games. Saves me a crapload of money so I can practice. I only go to the arcade once I get good >_<

Also, anyone else a Steve fan here? I don't really care about the story but it's pretty sad that Namco has run out of story for him and he now has to join the Paul and Law joke crew.

Darkman M

perineumlick said:

Never was impressed with this game at all graphically, i remember those horrendous ass screen shots they were releasing awhile back and people said ignore it"it's just bad compression"

I just hope the gameplay and online is solid and im good with it.

Lyte Edge

Darkman M said:
Never was impressed with this game at all graphically, i remember those horrendous ass screen shots they were releasing awhile back and people said ignore it"it's just bad compression"

I just hope the gameplay and online is solid and im good with it.

Yeah, it looks better than those horrendous ass screen shots. :p

jmro

So PS3 or 360. I have SF4 for both, and can get a match much faster on 360, but PS has the tekken heritage.

My main concern is which one will have more people playing online.

I have an HRAP3 and SF4 TE dual modded to work on both, so controls aren't a concern.

XBOX live wins again for online and install base?

EraldoCoil said:
on board guys!!! glad to be back!

hey FindMyFarms are you gonna set up a PSN GAFchat for this one?

Yup already did. Are we friends on PSN? Add me if we aren't and I'll send you an invite big sexy ;)

NYC-GAF Locations that HAVE the game in stock and selling it.

J & L Game Trading

(212) 233-3399
28 Elizabeth St
New York, NY 10013

Fordham Game World

(718) 365-2957
25 E Fordham Rd
Bronx, NY 10468

Video Games New York
212) 539-1039
202 E 6th St
(between Cooper Sq & Taras Shevchenko Pl)
New York, NY 10003
www.videogamesnewyork.com

Video Game City
(212) 923-4341
544 W 181ST St Ste 1
New York, NY 10033

This shops are selling the game NOW! I'm getting my copy in the mourning at 181st. There's a cell phone/Video game spot(Next to Dunkin Dounuts by the 1 line) I think Bulletproof Comics in Brooklyn has it and the Video Game shop inside Jamaica, Queen's Mall. BTW, I LUV Korean's. Korean's>Gamestop.

Spruchy

Hey one redeeming factor of the shitty trip to the Capcom Fight Club was that I picked this up before hand in Chinatown. Too tired to play now though ;[

Spruchy said:
Hey one redeeming factor of the shitty trip to the Capcom Fight Club was that I picked this up before hand in Chinatown. Too tired to play now though ;[

Word, last year fight club was better.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
any euro newbs feel like having some competition at the level of 'I played TTT and was semi competent on a pal system 10 years ago' then add me on X360

gt: armedcatfish

I have sexy fast internet connection so I'll be really keen to try out the netcode with anybody nearish to holland.

Does anyone know how to set up those friends lists on Xbox like the 'gaf firefight' lists for ODST? It's a friends of friends list to help match players for games. We should get a 'gaf brawlers' list or something and get tekken/sfIV players on there!

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I'll make a new post for this,

Just figured out this free friends list deal. So

Do you live in europe and play fighters on X360? Primarily Tekken 6 and SFIV
if you do then add

GT: GafEuroBrawlers

to your friends list. What this does is makes anybody on Gaf (or anywhere) that friends this list available for you to play.

How it works - you go to your friends list, you choose this gamertag and you then use the 'friends of friends' option on that to see the list of 100 friends this list can take. You can see what they are playing and invite them.

I'll keep an eye on it and friend any requests that get sent.

Please only do it if you are Euro. Due to the nature of fighting games, playing someone from the West Coast of America results often in a 1 or 2 bar connection for europeans in SFIV and I'm interested in playing as many green bar connections as possible (as is everyone I'm sure)

If americans are interested in doing similar it's easy

make free live email account
make free silver xbox account
tell gaf
approve friends requests

EDIT: it's early so I'm going to repost this later when more euros are online.

ZoddGutts

jett said:
Man this Tekken Force crap looks so bad. It's always, always, been shit. I really don't understand what is namco trying to prove by wasting time and resources into this thing.

Yeah would have prefer if they had spend that time making more stages instead.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
perineumlick said:
Anyone disappointed by this game visually? SC4 was gorgeous; this doesn't seem to look as good as it can be. I haven't tried it with MB off; maybe that will clean it up some.

Personally, I find much of the character modeling and design work lacking, but I think the stages, skirt, and hair animation all KINDA make up for it.

Looking at screens, and seeing semi-blocky fingers and noses, really is a shock after SCIV. I'd love to see Project Soul take a crack at Tekken character models and design...

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Holy shit this game is fun. I could use some Lars tips tho, like his best specials etc... Whats the best site to learn the BnB's of Tekken 6?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
7 more fucking days.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I was out all day.

dragonflys545 said:
102220091325.jpg

Couldn't wait until the Best buy B2G1 free. :D

This is YOUR FIGHT!

---

This is MarkMan's FIGHT!

4037042702_e32bfdfa4c_b.jpg